Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:32:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Silly bint in the ticket office  (Read 7251 times)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Silly bint in the ticket office
« on February 24, 2010, 12:32:02 pm by rtid88 »
I went down to the keepmost yesterday with my Grandad to buy him a ticket for the Crystal Palace match. It is the 1st time he has been to the Keepmoat even though he has lived in Doncaster for 30+ years. Having originally come from London he used to be a Crystal Palace fan. And on entering the ticket office he jokingly said \"Maybe I should get a ticket for the away end?\".

When he asked to get a ticket in the home end for the Palace game he was greeted with, \"If your an away fan I can't sell you a ticket in the home end!!\" I was taken back by this initially thinking she was joking. Upon realising she wasn't I said to her, that he was joking and she said \" Well if he is an away fan I cannot sell him a ticket in the home end\"

The silly bint, get a sense of humour! I then had to explain I was a Season Ticket holder and that he was Doncaster resident. FFS what is the world coming to when an 85 year old bloke struggles to buy a ticket to watch his local team play. Pathetic customer service and I am seriously thinking of putting a complaint in!! Absolutely Pathetic!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re:Silly bint in the ticket office
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2010, 12:55:47 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
 - Why would you, even jokingly say, \"Maybe Ill get a ticket for the away end\"

- How, without adequate explanation would the individual, who you affectionately refer to as a 'bint', know he wasnt a Palace fan given what he said?

I thinnk its quite reasonable that she established some credentials befor selling you a home ticket to be honest. Or maybe they should ask no questions and just sell any ticket to anybody, home or away, would that please you?

Ive bought a ticket for my little girl today for the same game. The staff could not have been more helpful in finding us two seats together, desppite me having a season ticket and having to reallocate seats. Absolutely spot on

As far as Im concerned the Ticket Staff are doing a cracking job, in fact, I think Ill send an EMail thanking them for their courteous and considerate service.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2010, 01:00:28 pm by bedale rover »
i have always found the ticket staff to be excellent even when faced with the great unwashed of donny

i think mr rtid 88

you owe them an apology as they were only doing their job  ie respond to what they are told

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2010, 01:00:31 pm by Adam »
Because, Thinwhiteduke, it was an inside joke between two family members. It's called humour.

I've had no problems with the TO but I'm just seeing rtid's POV.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2010, 01:00:43 pm by rtid88 »
How about you get down from your pedastal you self rightous t**t and think about what your saying before writing the rubbish that you write on this forum!!

My grandad is an 85 year old man, even if he was an away fan which he isn't as I said he has been a Doncaster resident for over 30 years. What disruption would he be causing!!

The looks and the back chat she was giving to be both me and my grandad I would not give to my worst enemy!

Tosser!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 24, 2010, 01:02:28 pm by rtid88 »
I think mr bedale rover I am owed an apology from the the lady in the ticket office for the looks and the back chat I was receiving from her actually!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 24, 2010, 01:07:33 pm by RobTheRover »
Got to agree, TWD.  The ticket office staff cannot win.  Whilst an 85 year old presents no real risk, selling home tickets to away fans is something they have to guard against, especially for the safety of away fans (How do you like you coffee, Mr Leeds fan?  Served over the head?).

Its like joking about having a bomb going through the scanners at the airport (but on a smaller scale).  You just wouldnt do it.

And by the way, RTID88.  The ticket office is run by the SMC, not the Rovers, so its the SMC's customer service you find \"pathetic\".

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 24, 2010, 01:09:45 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Adam wrote:
Because, Thinwhiteduke, it was an inside joke between two family members. It's called humour.

I've had no problems with the TO but I'm just seeing rtid's POV.

It was loud enough for the staff to hear it so they are right to establish facts before issuing a ticket.

Maybe such 'jokes'should be conveyed outside of the Ticket Office in future and therefore there would be no issue in the first place.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 24, 2010, 01:12:58 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
rtid88 wrote:
How about you get down from your pedastal you self rightous t**t and think about what your saying before writing the rubbish that you write on this forum!!

My grandad is an 85 year old man, even if he was an away fan which he isn't as I said he has been a Doncaster resident for over 30 years. What disruption would he be causing!!

The looks and the back chat she was giving to be both me and my grandad I would not give to my worst enemy!

Tosser!

Hmmm! If you used that language and attitude with the Ticket Staff, I would hardly be suprised if they did give you back chat. Maybe you deserved it? Some people do.

Jesus...you even want an apology for the way she LOOKED at you?!?! Give me strength. Good luck with putting that in your 'complaint'.

There are ways and means of doing things, politely and respectfully - hence I had my tickets, despite having to move seats etc etc, for me and my Daughter (who didnt 'joke' about wanting to sit in the away end), within 5 minutes this morning.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 24, 2010, 01:17:21 pm by Surrey Rover »
Twenty years ago everyone would have joined in with the bit of humour and then got on with selling the ticket. Not anymore though and who is to blame? Not the ladies in the ticket office or the original poster for the matter. We are now caught up in a culture change of political correctness where the younger generation only know what they have been brought up with and the older generation are trying to come to terms with it. Personally I find it difficult because common sense and improvisation are now out of the equation in modern day Britain, it's either true or false, yes or no. Think outside the box? Not anymore in this country.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 24, 2010, 01:19:15 pm by rtid88 »
I did not use such language to the ticket office lady actually. I save that for sarcastic t**ts like yourself who clearly does not contain the slightest degree of humour within your small little mind!

Why should my grandad not say something such as that? Im sorry I will tell him in future to keep his mouth shut shall I and not to crack a joke between a another family member or in front of the keepmoat ticket staff in case he causes offence!

Thinwhiteduke you are the exact kind of man that has brought this country down to the state it is in and the kind of person I hate. Every comment you make on this forum is so politically correct! It would not suprise me if you actually were a money grabbing MP!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 24, 2010, 01:23:31 pm by rtid88 »
If you actually read my 1st comment Rob the Rover I never once criticise the Rovers for the people working in the Ticket office!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 24, 2010, 01:23:45 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
rtid88 wrote:
FFS what is the world coming to when an 85 year old bloke struggles to buy a ticket to watch his local team play.

Just to clear up a possibility.

Does your 85 year old Grandad have 'Eagles: Kick to Kill' tattooed on his forehead?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 24, 2010, 01:26:53 pm by rtid88 »
Yeah and his walking stick is actually a secret machete!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 24, 2010, 01:32:17 pm by Filo »
rtid88 wrote:
Yeah and his walking stick is actually a secret machete!

Good on the ticket office staff for spotting the machete then  :laugh:

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 24, 2010, 01:49:30 pm by rtid88 »
LOL

Ryan B

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 24, 2010, 01:50:14 pm by Ryan B »
the question is where to draw the line?
it's all very well your grandad being 85, clearly he should pose no threat.
But then you have to wonder where would the ticket office draw the line, and take things as jokes? 45? 55? 65?
It's not the easiest choice to make - so the best solution is to question ANYsuspicion in order to avoid any threats regardless how minor.
It is a sad state of affairs, but it's the current culture - they were only doing what they were required to do.

If you managed to eventually explain the \"private joke\" and obtain your ticket, I see no need to complain.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 24, 2010, 01:54:55 pm by not on facebook »
shocking that the lady in ticket office would/could not use commen sense

iam sure if the lady had been on a per centage
of what tickets she knocks out we would not be having this thread now,not that she should be on a per centage just my take on how flexible
she should/can be.

as for member(S) off here giving the chap far too much grief for brining his plight out in the open,i dont know where to begin.

one thing for sure the sooner that drfc get their own staff running all services at KMS the better,as if it's not the odd problem with ticket office its the ground staff then onto marketing department.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 24, 2010, 02:06:27 pm by silent majority »
In fairness to all posters on this subject, can I say that I have had some really good service from the girls in the office but I must also say they have been bloody awful at times too! Therefore none of us can be classed as experts on this subject based on the very small contact we have with them.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 24, 2010, 02:12:04 pm by roversam »
silent_majority wrote:
In fairness to all posters on this subject, can I say that I have had some really good service from the girls in the office but I must also say they have been bloody awful at times too! Therefore none of us can be classed as experts on this subject based on the very small contact we have with them.
I'm the same sm, mostly good service from the girls in the ticket office, but on the odd occasion not so good, the silly bints  ;)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 24, 2010, 02:17:55 pm by wing commander »
Well it makes a change to see they actual notice,i was in there a few days before the Forest match.The guy infront of me went forward and put his keys on the counter which were on a forest keyring.He then asked for 4 tickets as close to the away fans as possible.The kind lady turned her computer so he could see the stadium layout so he could pick his seats from the free ones.He had to ask where the away end was and she still didnt smell a rat...

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 24, 2010, 02:19:17 pm by Superspy »
yeah im the same, had some good some bad, some downright confusing, lol

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 24, 2010, 02:31:13 pm by not on facebook »
rtid88 yer dont do yer case any favours when you are all over a poster who dont see your point of view, like a rash.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 24, 2010, 07:23:04 pm by graingrover »
Football and DRFC do not deserve customers whilst they continue to treat people like this ... and to defend it is ... well the rĂ´le of Tossers like that prat on here!

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 24, 2010, 08:59:21 pm by ferribyrover »
I think it's just great that an 85 year old is coming down the Keepmoat. I don't care who he supports or where he sits. Even better if he joins in bounce around the ground! I hope Rovers can put on a proper performance and some goals for him and the other 9000.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 25, 2010, 09:55:27 am by danrover82 »
Whilst its great that an 85 year old is gracing us with presence at the KM. I cant help but think of the situation against Leeds, where an elderly man was drunk got himself into the home end and cheered when they scored. This lead to many Rovers fans being angry and abusive and even attempting to attack the man, not to mention a few more Leeds fans around.

Right or wrong, we are in a manly environment that is filled with passion and booze on an afternoon, where all rational thinking tends to take a break. The ticket office staff to me where doing a service of protecting this man by refusing to sell tickets. Even if he is quiet throughout the match and one idiot overheard him talking and started to verbally or physically attack him, then this would be bad for families and supporters around minding their own business and bad for the 85 year old. When the only people getting blamed regardless is the ticket office staff.

I aint sticking up for the ticket office or blaming you, but unfortunately you can't control aggressive fans in this kind of environment if the situation arose and its safer for all fans to act how they did.

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 25, 2010, 10:36:14 am by Wokingviking »
RTID88 is the new Carling!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 25, 2010, 12:20:19 pm by rtid88 »
LOL Im really not!! Was in a particularly bad mood yesterday and I just don't like the micky been taken out of a member of my family! Apologies to anyone I upset!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 25, 2010, 12:49:54 pm by RobTheRover »
rtid88 wrote:
If you actually read my 1st comment Rob the Rover I never once criticise the Rovers for the people working in the Ticket office!

Sorry, mate, but you did.  I read it before you edited that bit out.

Anyway, no harm done in the end.  I hope your Grandad enjopys Rovers getting back to winning ways on Saturday. ;-)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 25, 2010, 12:59:43 pm by Filo »
RobTheRover wrote:
rtid88 wrote:

Sorry, mate, but you did.  I read it before you edited that bit out.

Anyway, no harm done in the end.  I hope your Grandad enjopys Rovers getting back to winning ways on Saturday. ;-)

One reason why any post should not be able to be edited after it`s had a reply, unless it`s edited by admin

TinyPortal © 2005-2012