Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:37:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonight's game and ticket sales  (Read 7012 times)

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
Tonight's game and ticket sales
« on July 27, 2010, 09:31:41 am by WSBBA_Ben »
I feel sorry for Mr Ryan and the board when it comes to tonight's game; they will admit that the price of pre-season home matches in past years was steep - £15 to watch L1 Scunthorpe the other year in a drab game with no atmosphere. This year we had a reaction - £10 for adults, £1 for under 16s...reasonable to say we're against Premier League opponents, so why haven't the fans backed it? Ticket sales currently sit at 1400, with the shop opening, this may raise to just over 2000, but surely 8000 odd Rovers fans aren't sunning it up in Benidorm or working the graveyard shift?

Anyway....

Bit of a lottery so I'll not ask for a score; what are you hoping from tonight's game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Tonight's game and ticket sales
« Reply #1 on July 27, 2010, 09:35:30 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
To be honest I totally forgot until yesterday about getting a ticket.  Going down to get them this morning.  Quite a few of us going, but we haven't got tickets yet, simply forgot about tickets to be honest.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 27, 2010, 09:44:07 am by WSBBA_Ben »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
To be honest I totally forgot until yesterday about getting a ticket.  Going down to get them this morning.  Quite a few of us going, but we haven't got tickets yet, simply forgot about tickets to be honest.

It's not a dig at individuals, I think we collectively take responsibility as a unit.  :scarf:

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 27, 2010, 09:48:11 am by rover-n-out »
Went down this morning for mine for tonight and Sat.
Lady in the T/O says sales for Wendies game on Saturday have only reached 200. That's really poor.
Looks like East stand only unless things improve before the weekend.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 27, 2010, 09:50:04 am by Filo »
rover-n-out wrote:
Lady in the T/O says sales for Wendies game on Saturday have only reached 200. That's really poor.

Hardly inspiring opposition is it, I mean a poxy League 1 club  :laugh:  :laugh:

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 27, 2010, 09:50:06 am by george-friend »
People are saving up for the season.

I think people forget we are only a small club and sadly thay are the attendences we get,compare it to 10 years ago and theres a massive difference.

The club are going in the right direction but it just NEEDS time and time NEEDS patience.   :S

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 27, 2010, 09:52:20 am by MrFrost »
rover-n-out wrote:

Funny, shows about 1500 on the Keepmoat site.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 27, 2010, 09:52:50 am by hoolahoop »
Getting my ticket today as well for tonight's game. I think there will be more than you think for the game.
200 for the Wendies game ? Hope that's a typographical error as I know of at least 20 that are going!!

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 27, 2010, 09:55:12 am by george-friend »
wednesday sales cant be that bad.
they were at 1300 other day when my mate went.

Unless its the WEDNESDAY fans that have sold 200     :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 27, 2010, 10:05:24 am by redrover19 »
i am getting our tickets for both games today

so that adds four more on to the total

lets get down there tonight cant wait for the first BILLY, BILLY SHARP going round the KM

up the reds

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 27, 2010, 10:40:26 am by DearneValleyRover »
I'm getting mine tonight as will many.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 27, 2010, 10:55:49 am by Dimples-D »
Both games are meaningless friendlies. Although I will be going to both games and taking two kids.
I think newer fans don't get that we are a small club. Those that were there 10 or 20 years ago know full well why we don't get massive crowds.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 27, 2010, 11:39:50 am by inSODwetrust »
Can tickets be bought tonight before the game or does the ticket office have its usual closing times??

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 27, 2010, 11:47:57 am by WSBBA_Ben »
Dimples-D wrote:
Both games are meaningless friendlies. Although I will be going to both games and taking two kids.
I think newer fans don't get that we are a small club. Those that were there 10 or 20 years ago know full well why we don't get massive crowds.

Not sure if that's a dig at me; 'newer fans'? But I was here '10 or 20' years ago (14 if we're being picky).

Keith Myath

« Reply #14 on July 27, 2010, 11:54:40 am by Keith Myath »
Were in a recession, if something is going to give its going to be the friendlies. Im not going primarily due to time. i.e im working longer and harder to retain an income thats sees my family comfortable.

I will spend hansomely in the new club shop when i get a chance though.

I dont feel Sean will be dissapointed wether 1 or 10,000 turn up. Aslong as the team performs to his expectations. It will be job done. JR may have hoped for more, but playing teams we played last season isnt really going to inspire.

I'd rather watch the Carling cup game in a few weeks. It will be interesting to judge the crowd for that game.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 27, 2010, 12:00:00 pm by MrFrost »
Keith Myath wrote:
Were in a recession, if something is going to give its going to be the friendlies. Im not going primarily due to time. i.e im working longer and harder to retain an income thats sees my family comfortable.

I dont feel Sean will be dissapointed wether 1 or 10,000 turn up. Aslong as the team performs to his expectations. It will be job done. JR may have hoped for more, but playing teams we played last season isnt really going to inspire.

I'd rather watch the Carling cup game in a few weeks. It will be interesting to judge the crowd for that game.

We are not in a recession and haven't been since January.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 27, 2010, 12:02:57 pm by NigelJ »
inSODwetrust wrote:
Can tickets be bought tonight before the game or does the ticket office have its usual closing times??

Eh? Usual time of closing on a match day is right up to kick-off (and probably after, for any stragglers). Do you honestly think that the ticket office would shut at 5pm, and potential paying customers wouldn't be able to get in?

paul5857

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 27, 2010, 12:03:14 pm by paul5857 »
bought my tickets yesterday, £10 for the adults, £1 for the kid £5 each for the oap's, think the price is a fare one for this game, was surprise to find that only the east stand is opening as we all hold season tickets in the west stand, can't see there being a huge crowd but looking forward to see the team run out back at home!

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 27, 2010, 12:07:25 pm by NigelJ »
paul5857 wrote:
bought my tickets yesterday, £10 for the adults, £1 for the kid £5 each for the oap's, think the price is a fare one for this game, was surprise to find that only the east stand is opening as we all hold season tickets in the west stand, can't see there being a huge crowd but looking forward to see the team run out back at home!

Who told you that? There is nothing on the Keepmoat site, nor DROS, that this is the case. I have my ticket in my usual seat in the West Stand, purchased about a month ago.

Keith Myath

« Reply #19 on July 27, 2010, 12:16:37 pm by Keith Myath »
MrFrost wrote:
Keith Myath wrote:

We are not in a recession and haven't been since January.

Techinically  you're right, but its hardly the whole picture. We may be in economic growth but we are still in the shit and will be for some time if this coalition goverment continues the way it seems to be going.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 27, 2010, 12:24:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
NigelJ wrote:
paul5857 wrote:

Who told you that? There is nothing on the Keepmoat site, nor DROS, that this is the case. I have my ticket in my usual seat in the West Stand, purchased about a month ago.

I got four tickets for the West Brom match yesterday, in our usual seats in the West stand.

paul5857

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 27, 2010, 12:31:53 pm by paul5857 »
was the woman in the ticket office, said that they werent opening it up so had be in the east stand, asked for are normal seats never gave a reason why it wasnt open, never mind i guess atleast have the tickets

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 27, 2010, 12:35:59 pm by BLIR »
I picked up tickets for the gamer tonight.

ONLY the EAST stand will be open, anyone having previously bought tickets for other stands will be moved before the game.

Not entirely happy with this, but I can see the reasons for doing it - impossible to create any atmosphere at all from one stand

paul5857

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 27, 2010, 12:38:20 pm by paul5857 »
i suppose they have done it on staffing reasons and not expecting a huge following with it been friendly, however i would of preferred to sit in my regular seat

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 27, 2010, 12:44:39 pm by NigelJ »
Bentley Bullet wrote:
I got four tickets for the West Brom match yesterday, in our usual seats in the West stand.

BLIR wrote:
ONLY the EAST stand will be open, anyone having previously bought tickets for other stands will be moved before the game.

Who to believe?
I, for one will NOT be happy if I end up having to sit elsewhere, as the seat will be in an inferior position to the one I purchased in the West Stand.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 27, 2010, 12:52:10 pm by BLIR »
NigelJ wrote:
Bentley Bullet wrote:

BLIR wrote:

Who to believe?
I, for one will NOT be happy if I end up having to sit elsewhere, as the seat will be in an inferior position to the one I purchased in the West Stand.

Straight from the horses mouth as it were, so I would expect to be not happy tonight if I were you!

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 27, 2010, 12:58:19 pm by rover-n-out »
As I said earlier, I bought my tickets at 9-00am this morning, and was told ONLY the East Stand will be open tonight due to poor ticket sales.

Also regarding Sat's game, the figure of 200 ticket sales was given to me by the same lady, so I'm not making this up, merely passing on info given to me by the people who sell tickets.
Surely they are not telling people this just for effect.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 27, 2010, 01:12:13 pm by NigelJ »
rover-n-out wrote:
As I said earlier, I bought my tickets at 9-00am this morning, and was told ONLY the East Stand will be open tonight due to poor ticket sales.

Also regarding Sat's game, the figure of 200 ticket sales was given to me by the same lady, so I'm not making this up, merely passing on info given to me by the people who sell tickets.
Surely they are not telling people this just for effect.

Why don't you look here..
http://www.smc-doncaster.co.uk/ticketinformation/rovershome.php

Then you might understand when I took your other comment with a pinch of salt.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 27, 2010, 01:20:33 pm by scuzzer »
Can anyone remember the massively hyped friendly a couple of years ago with Man United where we virtually filled the place?

Instead of Man United a load of blokes that no-one recognised in a red kit appeared to play against us and with that went the fickle masses that may have turned up for a friendly prior to that. It was a PR fiasco.

These friendlies are meaningless games (as the poor buggers that went to Devon last week found out) and they'll never be viewed as any different.

All that said i'm going and i'm looking forward to it.

paul5857

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 27, 2010, 01:21:35 pm by paul5857 »
i'm going with the woman from the office and that the west stand will be closed off, thought it was starnge that the west would be shut but if they have only sold less than 2000 tickets there would be no atmosphere at all as people would just be dotted all over the place, i wasn't to happy about not being in my normal seat but will see what happens, beer in the cheswold first i belive !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012