Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:14:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Benefits Log  (Read 62496 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Benefits Log
« Reply #180 on January 28, 2021, 02:48:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
There can't be a winning side when everybody's a loser.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on January 28, 2021, 03:40:22 pm by belton rover »
There can't be a winning side when everybody's a loser.

Try telling that to Nick Berry.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JyTzmhFQt2o

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on January 28, 2021, 05:22:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I call your Nick Berry and raise you an Elton John, who got there before him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRaQcnYkEc

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on January 28, 2021, 07:10:37 pm by SydneyRover »
  Don't be bitter Syd, just try and get on the winning side now and again, and stop being such a bad loser.

I'm not I don't have to big myself up to justify my political leanings, Anyone that wants to see a real loser just has to watch johnson on Wednesday's PMQs to see the performance of a dishonest blame shifter, he's all yours selby you deserve him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on January 29, 2021, 09:53:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's a win. More work for customs officers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55849864

We appear to have signed a deal that requires our armed forces to fill out customs forms and give prior notification to NATO before they are allowed to move within the UK.

This "taking back control" thing is rather subtle, int it?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on January 29, 2021, 10:15:38 am by selby »
  The Covid situation has exposed the European Commission for what it is, a bullying unelected top heavy unwieldy, nasty bit of work that hits out and blames everyone else when things go wrong.
  The German press are giving it loads of criticism over it's running of the pandemic, the Netherlands are undergoing riots in cities against the lockdown most nights, Italy looks like having an election within the year with Italix parties gaining popularity,  Spain are proposing to shave pensions, and in France Le Pen is waiting on the side lines for Macron to finish making a mess of things, and the southern countries look like having a very bad time of it this summer with the tourist trade, especially the free spending Brits being thin on the ground.
  Oh and forgot, the Danes are moving towards getting out.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on January 29, 2021, 10:22:05 am by Glyn_Wigley »

We appear to have signed a deal that requires our armed forces to fill out customs forms and give prior notification to NATO before they are allowed to move within the UK.

To be honest, military movements have always been more complicated because they have their own rules and regulations about what can be in personal luggage over and above normal Customs.

At one time (I don't know if this is still true) ALL movements of military personnels' effects went through one depository near Romford, and one of my colleagues was the officer responsible for overseeing it. I helped him out a few times conducting some of the bigger searches of effects, equipment and vehicles. As well as the Customs regulations, he also searched for anything contravening the military rules as a courtesy to the service and quite often found stuff that was being tried to be smuggled back into the UK, presumably as 'souvenirs'.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on January 29, 2021, 10:22:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »
  The Covid situation has exposed the European Commission for what it is, a bullying unelected top heavy unwieldy, nasty bit of work that hits out and blames everyone else when things go wrong.

Just like Boris' Government. I can't understand why you don't like them.

PS The EU isn't:

The German press

The imposer of the Dutch lockdown

The Italian voters

Who determine Spanish pensions

Emanuel Macron

responsible for the tourist trade being hit by British being Covid-riddled. That's Boris, no?

As for the Danes, prove it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 10:26:29 am by Glyn_Wigley »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on January 29, 2021, 11:02:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »

To be honest, military movements have always been more complicated because they have their own rules and regulations about what can be in personal luggage over and above normal Customs.

At one time (I don't know if this is still true) ALL movements of military personnels' effects went through one depository near Romford, and one of my colleagues was the officer responsible for overseeing it. I helped him out a few times conducting some of the bigger searches of effects, equipment and vehicles. As well as the Customs regulations, he also searched for anything contravening the military rules as a courtesy to the service and quite often found stuff that was being tried to be smuggled back into the UK, presumably as 'souvenirs'.

Glyn

But this is about those customs regulations now being required for movement of materiel within the UK (i.e. between GB and NI).

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on January 29, 2021, 12:08:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn

But this is about those customs regulations now being required for movement of materiel within the UK (i.e. between GB and NI).

The military regulations applied to movements within the Single Market (ie troops to/from Germany) anyway. The movements were usually of a whole unit and everything went together, even the personal effects of the servicepeople and they all went through the same depository.

As for the NATO form claim, that's b*llocks. The form is about crossing National borders, not a Customs border.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on January 29, 2021, 12:11:28 pm by Axholme Lion »
  The German press are giving it loads of criticism over it's running of the pandemic, the Netherlands are undergoing riots in cities against the lockdown most nights, Italy looks like having an election within the year with Italix parties gaining popularity,  Spain are proposing to shave pensions, and in France Le Pen is waiting on the side lines for Macron to finish making a mess of things, and the southern countries look like having a very bad time of it this summer with the tourist trade, especially the free spending Brits being thin on the ground.

You're wasting your breath on here. Anyone can see what you are saying is correct, but some just refuse to see any wrong in the great EU god.
I would have thought their disgusting antics regarding the covid vaccine this week would have been enough to show what a pit of villainy and scum that organisation is.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on January 29, 2021, 12:17:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You're wasting your breath on here. Anyone can see what you are saying is correct, but some just refuse to see any wrong in the great EU god.
I would have thought their disgusting antics regarding the covid vaccine this week would have been enough to show what a pit of villainy and scum that organisation is.

As I pointed out, all of selby's rant is feck all to do with the EU, and as for the covid vaccine, none of it would be happening if AstraZenica stuck to it's own contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55852698

'Disgusting antics'? aye, 'EU in putting it's own citizens first when screwed over by vaccine supplier shocker'

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on January 29, 2021, 01:29:00 pm by selby »
  If you were as clever and short sighted when working as you are now Glyn I make no wonder getting something into and out of the UK is easy.
 Eyes tight shut, Gob wide open again.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on January 29, 2021, 01:46:30 pm by Axholme Lion »

As I pointed out, all of selby's rant is feck all to do with the EU, and as for the covid vaccine, none of it would be happening if AstraZenica stuck to it's own contract.

'Disgusting antics'? aye, 'EU in putting it's own citizens first when screwed over by vaccine supplier shocker'

Nothing to do with EU incompetence then? Our government have got plenty wrong over covid but it can't be denied they took a gamble and came out on top with the vaccine orders. Why should the UK miss out?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on January 29, 2021, 03:03:50 pm by selby »
  So they can grumble at the government again AL, and fawn over how good the EU is, apart from delivering vaccinations that is.
 They have got blood on their hands ( I think that was the handle to Johnson when it suited).

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on January 29, 2021, 03:30:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Nothing to do with EU incompetence then? Our government have got plenty wrong over covid but it can't be denied they took a gamble and came out on top with the vaccine orders. Why should the UK miss out?

Go on then, Mr Moral High Ground. If the UK were not getting what they contracted for from an overseas vaccine supplier, what would you expect the UK to do to protect it's own citizens?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on January 29, 2021, 03:35:02 pm by belton rover »
It is interesting that whenever anybody does try to log a benefit of Brexit in a Brexit benefit log, they are instantly shot down.

It is a genuine thread though.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on January 29, 2021, 03:35:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  So they can grumble at the government again AL, and fawn over how good the EU is, apart from delivering vaccinations that is.
 They have got blood on their hands ( I think that was the handle to Johnson when it suited).

It's not the EU not delivering vaccines, it's AstraZenica. Because AstraZenica haven't delivered, the EU MIGHT
decide to stop vaccines being exported from the EU - to anywhere (not just the UK) to ensure that it's own citizens have the amount of vaccines they should have. If AstraZenica pull their fingers out and deliver what they contracted too, it won't need to happen. 'Eyes tight shut, Gob wide open.', eh?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on January 29, 2021, 03:39:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It is interesting that whenever anybody does try to log a benefit of Brexit in a Brexit benefit log, they are instantly shot down.

It is a genuine thread though.

No genuine benefits yet though. That's why they get 'shot down'.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on January 29, 2021, 03:41:45 pm by belton rover »
That’s a matter of opinion, Glyn, which is what it’s all about.

Isn’t it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on January 29, 2021, 03:47:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Isn’t it?

So selby spouting about all sorts of stuff that isn't related to us being in the EU or not at all counts as Brexit benefits then? That's a very strange 'matter of opinion'.

Isn't it?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on January 29, 2021, 03:47:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Glyn it's highly likely that AZ are meeting their obligations as their obligations to existing contracts should typically be met first, that would be reasonable of them and a good reason why they aren't obliged to meet the EU order.

You'd love criticising Boris if it was the other way around. The EU have massively got this wrong.  I think actually the EU is too big to cope with the individual member states requirements in this case. It just hasn't worked.

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on January 29, 2021, 03:50:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Whilst we are on it how much has the EU contributed to covax? How much has the UK contributed?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on January 29, 2021, 03:53:09 pm by belton rover »

Isn’t it?

So selby spouting about all sorts of stuff that isn't related to us being in the EU or not at all counts as Brexit benefits then? That's a very strange 'matter of opinion'.

Isn't it?

Yes. In your opinion.

I mean no. In your opinion.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:55:36 pm by belton rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on January 29, 2021, 03:53:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Glyn it's highly likely that AZ are meeting their obligations as their obligations to existing contracts should typically be met first, that would be reasonable of them and a good reason why they aren't obliged to meet the EU order.

You'd love criticising Boris if it was the other way around. The EU have massively got this wrong.  I think actually the EU is too big to cope with the individual member states requirements in this case. It just hasn't worked.

Your first paragraph says it's AstraZenica that's not fulfulled the contract, but you then say it's the EU's fault!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on January 29, 2021, 03:54:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Isn’t it?

Isn't it?

Yes. In your opinion.

So which of selby's rants are genuine Brexit benefits in your opinion?

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on January 29, 2021, 03:55:42 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Your first paragraph says it's AstraZenica that's not fulfulled the contract, but you then say it's the EU's fault!

Sorry what? Read it again it does not say that at all. It is fairly clear.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on January 29, 2021, 03:57:18 pm by belton rover »
I haven’t particularly got one. I’m just making an observation. It’s not just Selby.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on January 29, 2021, 04:01:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I haven’t particularly got one. I’m just making an observation. It’s not just Selby.

See? Not even you are prepared to nail your colours to any of his masts. That's if you've even bothered to read his nonsensical post.

I know it's not just selby, but I'd be happy for you to point out a genuine Brexit benefit that you think has been shot down unfairly. I could easily have missed one.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on January 29, 2021, 04:31:21 pm by belton rover »
Glyn. I never mentioned Selby. I said ‘anyone’. I never said whether I agreed with him or you or anyone else.
I’m entitled to observe, and read and quietly come to my own conclusions. My conclusion is that whenever anyone tries to offer a Brexit benefit, they are shot down.
It seems to me that your obsession with Selby has spilled over to my post.
As for ‘not even me’ nailing my colours to his mast’ - what on earth does that mean?
For what it’s worth, I don’t think I’ve ever had a direct conversation with Selby, for or against anything (though I’d be happy to be corrected on that).

I do enjoy reading his pre match threads, though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012