Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:33:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377225 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #2580 on March 30, 2019, 12:50:57 pm by wilts rover »
Go figa - No Deal Brexit was the option that gained the largest number of Tory votes on Wednesday

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/winners-losers-and-ones-watch-brexit-indicative-votes

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2581 on March 30, 2019, 01:16:13 pm by wilts rover »
I love those tree diagrams that the media have been producing showing you what could happen next on a timeline of options. Here's an excellent one from a cabinet minister showing exactly what the government choices are after yesterdays vote

https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1111779352973332480

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2582 on March 30, 2019, 01:17:44 pm by bobjimwilly »
So, her deal failed to pass in Parliament for a 3rd time, you'd think that would be the end of it right?

Oh no, not with our Theresa...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47756122

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2583 on March 30, 2019, 01:25:41 pm by Boomstick »
You know? I thought my contempt for the intellectually vacuous, but massively ambitious Dominic Raab couldn't go deeper than it already is.

Then this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/danbarker/status/1111550418545446912

You can picture it can't you? Interview in his office....now...what books can I stack behind me to give the impression that I'm a serious political thinker?

t**t.
Total recall, Arnold scharzeneggers autobiography is a cracking read.

He's a top bloke, and our country could do with a statesman like him.

As for politicians doing interviews with books in view, it's hardly new is it?! Life's too short to get worked up by that, and then vent on a small off topic forum for a small provincial football club.

I'm sure raab will be trembling at the thought of upsetting bst!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2584 on March 30, 2019, 01:36:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't think you've quite got the hang of how democracy works have you BS?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2585 on March 30, 2019, 05:00:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2586 on March 30, 2019, 06:47:50 pm by Boomstick »
I don't think you've quite got the hang of how democracy works have you BS?
Oh that's coming from someone who refuses to accept the referendum result... Your a joke

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2587 on March 30, 2019, 07:12:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I accept the result. That's a fact. What I don't accept is the legitimacy, given that one Leave campaign admitted criminal activity yesterday and the other one is still being investigated by the National Crime Agency for what is, effectively, treason.

Mind, that's got nowt to do with the point I was making earlier. Democracy relies on millions of people having millions of discussions, pondering over issues and coming to conclusions. In our own, tiny way, that's what's going on here. It's telling that you consider it laughable.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2588 on March 30, 2019, 09:21:26 pm by Boomstick »
I accept the result. That's a fact. What I don't accept is the legitimacy, given that one Leave campaign admitted criminal activity yesterday and the other one is still being investigated by the National Crime Agency for what is, effectively, treason.

Mind, that's got nowt to do with the point I was making earlier. Democracy relies on millions of people having millions of discussions, pondering over issues and coming to conclusions. In our own, tiny way, that's what's going on here. It's telling that you consider it laughable.
Grow up, nobody, but nobody put a gun to anyone's head and told them how to vote.
The people voted on their opinions over decades of EU rule, the result was we are leaving. Get over your small idiological reasons, and accept the result, if the small minded politicians just like you accepted that we are leaving, this country would be in a far better place.
You sir, are a disgrace.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2589 on March 30, 2019, 09:38:38 pm by bobjimwilly »
no boomstick, people voted on the "facts" given at the time by both sides, which turned out to be a lot of lies, mainly from the leave campaign. Add to that decades of propoganda in certain daily rags spewing lies about immigration and religion, and that's why more people voted leave.

It's telling to see you added one of their little fibs at the end of your post, "the country will be in a better place" - leading economists around the world, and even the PM herself pre-referendum, have stated Britain will be in a worse place after any kind of Brexit. The fact the MPs ignore these facts is a disgrace.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2590 on March 30, 2019, 09:55:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Good to see that in-between posting in here, BS manages to get round the country interviewing people and finding out why they voted the way they did.

It's almost as if those polling firms who do this for a living (and found, for example, that in the week of the vote, 52% of people said they believed the £350m figure on the bus, the one that was actually a lie repeated and repeated by Vote Leave) are wasting their time. They should just ask BS.

And the Vote Leave campaign that spent £6m (plus another £600k that they gave to BeLeave - an action that they admitted yesterday was criminal) pouring lies into the Facebook feeds of people they had identified as being susceptible to being triggered by those lies. What was THAT all about? Stupid bloody waste of money! BS could have told them that folk had already decided.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:24:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #2591 on March 30, 2019, 10:03:46 pm by foxbat »
the ' Frauderendum ' will get all the respect it fully deserves. No Chance of Leaving after the coming 'People's Vote ' . What we need to do then is to join the Euro and put the Brexit farce behind us.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2592 on March 30, 2019, 10:51:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Grow up, nobody, but nobody put a gun to anyone's head and told them how to vote.
The people voted on their opinions over decades of EU rule, the result was we are leaving. Get over your small idiological reasons, and accept the result, if the small minded politicians just like you accepted that we are leaving, this country would be in a far better place.
You sir, are a disgrace.

That's odd. Axholme Lion said - in this very thread - that he voted for entirely different reasons than you're saying. I get the distinct impression that your claim to be able to read other people's minds is to be taken with a Siberian saltmine.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2593 on March 30, 2019, 11:25:44 pm by SydneyRover »

You sir, are a disgrace.
Maybe you should ask your government why they didn't clean this mess up a couple of years ago and make a clean break asap after the vote BS, there's no point in throwing the toys out of the pram now and blaming everyone else, your gov't decided to have a vote and under what conditions and you and them have been fighting amongst yourselves since. There's no one more to blame for us being at this point and suffering what we are now more than those that could not accept the very first vote and gave oxygen to farage and his ilk and it's your party and those that vote for them. What a treacherous bunch of hyenas May and the ERG are, can't win using the rules or not - bend the rules, it's abuse of process, maladministration.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:39:22 am by SydneyRover »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #2594 on March 31, 2019, 02:01:58 am by albie »
Jonathan Pie sums up the position for those who have not been keeping up;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IL2XwSkFJQ

TV news will never be the same again!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2595 on March 31, 2019, 04:31:21 am by SydneyRover »
Boris Johnson and Michael Gove under fire on Vote Leave’s law-breaking

Anna Soubry:

''Johnson and Gove should be providing a full and proper explanation to the British people following the dropping of this appeal.” She added she expected to one day see a “public inquiry into what happened and how we got into this terrible mess”

''Gove and Johnson played key roles in Vote Leave, Gove as co-convener and Johnson as a figurehead for the official Brexit campaign. A series of other senior government or Tory figures also sat on its committee, including Liam Fox, Iain Duncan Smith, former Brexit secretary Dominic Raab and the former international development secretary Priti Patel''

''Liberal Democrat MP Layla Moran said the confirmation that Vote Leave had broken the law underlined the need for a second referendum''

“It is now incumbent on the government to act. We have heard minister after minister say the referendum is valid. This is proof it was not,” she said. “Going ahead with Brexit in these circumstances would be the biggest betrayal of our democracy of all.”

And it's all well documented, I would hope there are no apologists for this law breaking rabble here?.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/30/gove-johnson-under-fire-vote-leave-fine-appeal-dropped

5,997,345 signatures

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:41:20 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2596 on March 31, 2019, 10:57:04 am by SydneyRover »
 6,000,007 signatures

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2597 on April 01, 2019, 09:55:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2598 on April 01, 2019, 10:42:42 am by bobjimwilly »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2599 on April 01, 2019, 11:13:11 am by MachoMadness »
Liz Truss on R4 today: Clarke's customs union plan lost by more than May's deal, so we shouldn't be able to bring that back. Except Clarke's plan lost by 8 votes, whereas May's deal lost by 58. This went completely unchallenged.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2600 on April 01, 2019, 12:18:55 pm by SydneyRover »
Darren McCaffrey @DarrenEuronews

🇩🇪German’s Deputy Foreign Minister:

🥊“Brexit is a big shitshow, I say that now very undiplomatically”

🥊“90%” cabinet “no idea how workers think, live, work and behave”

🥊Politicians “born with silver spoons in their mouths, who went to private schools” that will not suffer.

Very true, very accurate.

6,032,157 signatures
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:22:04 pm by SydneyRover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2601 on April 01, 2019, 12:24:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Liz Truss on R4 today: Clarke's customs union plan lost by more than May's deal, so we shouldn't be able to bring that back. Except Clarke's plan lost by 8 votes, whereas May's deal lost by 58. This went completely unchallenged.

And forgetting the two previous defeats which should have stopped it coming back at a second time, let alone a third.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2602 on April 01, 2019, 12:55:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Just seen we now have The One Nation group. The opposite to the ERG, Tories who aren't 100% cretins. They'll be meeting tonight to discuss the indicative votes.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2603 on April 01, 2019, 01:00:49 pm by IDM »
Not been keeping up with this thread so apologies if this is repetition..

Many people argue that leave means leave and we voted out so if we don’t honour the referendum result that would be undemocratic.

How is it democratic for 630 odd individuals to have 3 possibly 4 votes on the same subject,  when 40 million of us had only one chance.?

Calling for a second referendum close in time to the firsts may seem a bit sour grapes, but we are nearly 3 years downstream and the whole brexit issue is still a complete clusterf**k.!

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #2604 on April 01, 2019, 01:42:22 pm by foxbat »
good point by macho there.

The Brexit Broadcasting Corporation never challenge any pro Brexit comment , be it an obvious lie or just completely ridiculous.
After every key event they flock to Brexit mps for comment or some random Brexiteer wanting to ' take their country back ' .
BBC question time - check out the proportion of leave MEPs and pro Europe MEPs who have appeared
  100% LEAVE!!!!
The BBC is not the impartial source it used to be and is run by right wing Tory  sympathisers.
Channel 4 News and Sky now more reliable

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2605 on April 01, 2019, 02:04:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Liz Truss on R4 this morning: I don't fear No Deal

Interviewer: But what would that mean for the Irish border.

Liz Truss: Errr...err...there are solutions that could be explored.

f**k me. I mean...F**K ME!

These are the people who are supposed to be running the f**king country.

What has been THE central issue in Brexit negotiations for the past year? The fact that there IS no magic fairy dust solution to the Irish border problem, if we leave the CU.

Full stop. End.

But again, this is not about Brexit. This is about another politician positioning herself for a pot at No10, and pandering to the Victorian flat-earthers in the Tory party membership.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:09:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2606 on April 01, 2019, 02:18:59 pm by The Red Baron »
Strange bedfellows indeed. This morning I heard a pro-Remain Tory and a member of the ERG both call for a lengthy extension of Article 50.

OK, they want it for different reasons, but still it shows what a state we're in.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2607 on April 01, 2019, 02:20:23 pm by Axholme Lion »
I don't see why the EU are making the border in Ireland our problem. If Northern Ireland wasn't attached to the republic there wouldn't have been a problem so why have they made it into one?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2608 on April 01, 2019, 02:32:13 pm by MachoMadness »
Rep. Ireland is an EU country, it literally is their problem. And ours.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2609 on April 01, 2019, 02:36:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I don't see why the EU are making the border in Ireland our problem. If Northern Ireland wasn't attached to the republic there wouldn't have been a problem so why have they made it into one?

It's our problem because we signed the GFA. The EU didn't. But they're going to look out for the ROI, who did.

And if there's No Deal, there has to be a hard border for us to comply with WTO terms. You know, that wonderful WTO that's the solution to all our problems?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012