Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:10:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 371407 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Brexit deal
« on December 03, 2018, 06:57:46 pm by Branton Rover »
Just curious really

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

albie

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #1 on December 03, 2018, 07:04:01 pm by albie »
Branton,

What is the difference between option 2 and no 3?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 03, 2018, 07:05:59 pm by idler »
This whole thing has just shown how poor our politicians are on both sides of the debate.
I would have a 2nd referendum.
This time let us just have facts and honesty from both sides and hopefully a good turn out.
I also think that Putin and Trump now look to have influenced more than they should since the vote.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 03, 2018, 07:07:34 pm by Branton Rover »
Hard Brexit means getting a Trade Deal with EU & leaving all the institutions - No Deal means just that

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 03, 2018, 07:12:42 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
At the very least, something without the arselicking US trade deals that will mean appalling food standards, toxins sprayed all over our farmland, more NHS privatisation with the US walzing in, and basically harm to us all.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 03, 2018, 07:14:22 pm by drfchound »
This whole thing has just shown how poor our politicians are on both sides of the debate.
This time let us just have facts and honesty from both sides and hopefully a good turn out.
I also think that Putin and Trump now look to have influenced more than they should since the vote.

Idler, I think that one of the reasons that we got little or no facts about what Brexit would entail when we voted in 2016 is that no one, including our politicians, really knew what was ahead of us.

I also wonder where we would be with regards to leaving if a second vote ended with another Leave outcome.
Wouldn’t we be in exactly the same place as we are now.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 03, 2018, 07:27:47 pm by IDM »
Maybe, but at least we would know where we stood, and what the vote actually meant..

This negotiated “deal” should have been arranged before the referendum then put to the public vote.!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 03, 2018, 07:53:50 pm by RoversAlias »
The whole thing is a complete mess and I do not see the benefits of Brexit at all. I voted Remain, I would vote Remain again. Stupid to isolate ourselves for the sake of it and it really should cost the Tories the next election.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 03, 2018, 08:09:02 pm by the vicar »
No second vote needed, already had a people's vote and 17 and a half million said out, there was not a deal or no deal on the paper just in or out and you all know the result

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 03, 2018, 08:11:45 pm by RedJ »
And that oversimplification is exactly why binary referendums shouldn't be used on such complex issues.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 03, 2018, 08:12:21 pm by Filo »
Is n’t a hard deal/clean break the same as a no deal?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 03, 2018, 08:15:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As it currently stands, the preference of 36% of us is for there to be no snap in the shops come May next year.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 03, 2018, 08:26:16 pm by IDM »
No second vote needed, already had a people's vote and 17 and a half million said out, there was not a deal or no deal on the paper just in or out and you all know the result

So a vote with no clear definition of what the f**k you are voting for is a good idea.??

And before anyone labels me anything, the leave vote could potentially have been bigger with a clearer and agreed definition of brexit..

Is that too difficult to comprehend.?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 03, 2018, 08:35:33 pm by the vicar »
Quote from: RedJ it was a it was a vote itlink=topic=268078.msg818775#msg818775 date=1543867905
And that oversimplification is exactly why binary referendums shouldn't be used on such complex issues.
it was a vote and as such should stand or democracy is dead

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 03, 2018, 08:36:12 pm by Boomstick »
As it currently stands, the preference of 36% of us is for there to be no snap in the shops come May next year.
And here we are going down the time tunnel !
Project fear rearing it ugly head

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 03, 2018, 08:38:49 pm by IDM »
Quote from: RedJ it was a it was a vote itlink=topic=268078.msg818775#msg818775 date=1543867905
But when two years later it becomes clear that what you voted for isn’t actually what you’re getting, and then you can’t change things with another vote - like you can with a general election - how the f**k is that democratic.!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 03, 2018, 08:42:41 pm by the vicar »
It isn't its the minority shouting there mouths of but a vote is a vote is a vote END OF weather you like it or not

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 03, 2018, 08:43:06 pm by sheffield exile1 »
The most ignored leaving deal is Lexit. I am sick of being stuck with tags of association with "Tommy" Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon "Robinson" of EDL and UKIP infamy. No I wasn't too thick and therefore was taken in by phony immigration threats. I know the EU is not reformable and is a rich right wing club. Interestingly French train drivers are up in arms about plans to privatise SNCF as its all about market competition. We need a system where we can renationalise rail, water gas and electric - all popular with the public mood (train fares rising again in January to subsidise rail franchise profiteers- including the Dutch and German state railways). And if you think the EU protects workers rights you are dreaming back in the era of Delores, as consecutive UK, with no intervention from the EU,  governments have  eroded them further. We need to leave with the best deal possible for UK workers and rights.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 03, 2018, 08:43:50 pm by RedJ »
David Davis disagrees. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-davis-countries-democracy-brexit-vote-article-50-second-referendum-a7629636.html

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 03, 2018, 08:46:07 pm by Filo »
It isn't its the minority shouting there mouths of but a vote is a vote is a vote END OF weather you like it or not

Should that also apply in the House of Commons?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 03, 2018, 08:48:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Project Fear. Or, as we used to call it, considered opinion arrived at by experts who spend their lives studying these matters, but who, apparently, don't know as much about the issues as Boomstick.

BS. When you go abroad, do you trust the aeronautical engineers who designed the plane, the pilots who fly it and the air traffic control professionals who direct it. Or do you strap a pair of feather-covered boards to your arms and flap them?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 03, 2018, 08:49:55 pm by IDM »

For f**ks sake man can you not see the point.!!

If we vote for a government that is later found to be unrepresentative of their manifesto, they can be voted out next time.. same with councils, and even Americans can oust Trump in a couple of years..

So why is it so wrong to expect a new vote for brexit, to vote on the ACTUAL Brexit.??

Why is that the only thing we can’t vote again for.??

Lewis Mottram

« Reply #22 on December 03, 2018, 08:50:49 pm by Lewis Mottram »

I think think we should have a vote to see if we should have another vote, or is that not allowed because it might ruin your original vote? This is why people shouldn't be allowed to vote on the big shit...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 03, 2018, 08:51:06 pm by RedJ »
If it's still the will of the people then why not make sure?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 03, 2018, 08:52:12 pm by Boomstick »
Project Fear. Or, as we used to call it, considered opinion arrived at by experts who spend their lives studying these matters, but who, apparently, don't know as much about the issues as Boomstick.

BS. When you go abroad, do you trust the aeronautical engineers who designed the plane, the pilots who fly it and the air traffic control professionals who direct it. Or do you strap a pair of feather-covered boards to your arms and flap them?

Ah, I can see your having one of your cantankerous episodes.
So I'll be nice, old lad.

So claiming there won't be food on in the shops isn't fear mongering? And isn't completely over the top bull shit?

Infact it comes across as clutching at straws.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 03, 2018, 08:54:33 pm by IDM »
Why don’t we get a chance to vote on this “deal”.?

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 03, 2018, 08:55:43 pm by besty »
What happens if a second vote is close again but goes to remain?
Do we have the best of three?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 03, 2018, 08:55:59 pm by Filo »
If it's still the will of the people then why not make sure?

The PM’s latest catchphrase, it’s a scandal she can’t apply the same phrase in the House of Commons and follow the vote to publish the whole legal advice the Government eas given

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 03, 2018, 08:56:52 pm by Boomstick »
Why don’t we get a chance to vote on this “deal”.?

Why should we? I thought parliament was sovereign?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 03, 2018, 08:59:15 pm by the vicar »
David Davis disagrees. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-davis-countries-democracy-brexit-vote-article-50-second-referendum-a7629636.html
I don't give a flying chit what he says we voted out and the courts said there will be no second vote so what the flock has it got to do with him

TinyPortal © 2005-2012