Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:52:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377178 times)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #600 on December 20, 2018, 09:22:20 am by Axholme Lion »
3500 army personell placed on standby for a no deal brexit, do they think things ate going to turn violent?

People most likely to riot? Young people.
People most ignored and voted heavily to remain? Young people.

People's Vote with 3 options of No Deal, Remain or May's Deal. That will then calm things instead of May taking us towards no deal with her fingers in her ears. Allow 16 year olds to vote too as it will affect them more than someone who is 61.

16  year olds who know nothing other than what they have been brainwashed by the left wing teaching mafia.

Some 16 year olds know more than some 60 year olds.

What the dead ones?
Most of the youth I come across are only interested in I-phones and video games. They're not old enough to vote and that is the law. You only want to change it because you hope in this case it suits your requirements.

Read my post from earlier. I want this because it affects a 16 year old more than an 85 year old. Why do they get no say in their futures?

So you're saying that the future of 16 year olds is more important than mine, despite decades of myself being a taxpayer?

I'm saying there future  is a hell of a lot longer so it'll affect them more than you.

Tough. The younger generation think they know everything. Let them sort it out after i'm gone along with 'climate change'.

Ahh Baby Boomers, the generation that had everything handed to them and ruined it for future generations.

I'm 52. Not a boomer I think.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #601 on December 20, 2018, 09:38:20 am by Donnywolf »
As with the WHOLE B****t question from start to finish this particular question of age is divisive.

Gender would be too along with I.Q. and even whether you support Man U or Man City. There are a million questions just as devisive and I for one reckon we should just move on !

The Politicians cannot (yet) resolve the ACTUAL serious question and sure as hell neither can we NOR any / all of the sub questions that arise. People have their own opinions on everything and I for one respect their views AND their right to hold those views

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #602 on December 20, 2018, 11:59:57 am by Herbert Anchovy »
It looks like potentially bad news for U.K. nationals living in the EU. From what I’ve heard, the EU’s preparation for a no deal will create a huge amount of uncertainty for UK nationals living in the EU

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #603 on December 20, 2018, 12:20:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Eee.

Them f**king evil,devious EU bas**rds eh?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #604 on December 20, 2018, 12:24:42 pm by IDM »
And what about the EU citizens in the UK?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #605 on December 20, 2018, 12:33:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
IDM

You mean the ones whose status May refused to confirm for the first half of the Brexit negotiations? The ones she implied might be turfed out in March 2019? The ones who had 18 months of not being able to plan their futures? The ones she was using as a bargaining chip in an attempt to force the EU into other concessions?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #606 on December 20, 2018, 12:46:27 pm by Axholme Lion »
IDM

You mean the ones whose status May refused to confirm for the first half of the Brexit negotiations? The ones she implied might be turfed out in March 2019? The ones who had 18 months of not being able to plan their futures? The ones she was using as a bargaining chip in an attempt to force the EU into other concessions?

I can't for the life of me understand why people see the need to go and live in other country. If everyone stayed at home there wouldn't be any problems and we'd all be happy.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #607 on December 20, 2018, 12:52:42 pm by IDM »
IDM

Yes - especially those in my immediate family!

OK I expect 2 of them would probably be good to stay due to being resident here for over 20 years, but one has only been here 2 years..

Funnily enough that was my main reason to vote remain.. might have voted leave if their status was clear at the referendum..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #608 on December 20, 2018, 12:57:24 pm by IDM »
IDM

I can't for the life of me understand why people see the need to go and live in other country. If everyone stayed at home there wouldn't be any problems and we'd all be happy.

This country is what it is because of the migration of people from elsewhere over many centuries..

Britain for the Celts only then.?!

My other half moved over as a British forces wife, now divorced.. I’m sure she isn’t the only EU citizen in that situation..

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #609 on December 20, 2018, 02:17:32 pm by foxbat »
don't forget it is all part of a bigger picture.

When Vladimir Putin thinks you're destroying democracy, you must be doing something right.

#PeoplesVote

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #610 on December 20, 2018, 02:32:56 pm by Axholme Lion »
don't forget it is all part of a bigger picture.

When Vladimir Putin thinks you're destroying democracy, you must be doing something right.

#PeoplesVote

I like Putin. He would have sorted the EU if he was PM.
Also he kicked arse in Syria!

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #611 on December 20, 2018, 02:52:05 pm by foxbat »
The EU doesn't need 'sorting' , the UK is being very silly and making a complete fool of itself in front of the world . other countries are absolutely p1ssing themselves at what 'we' are doing ,.When this farce is stopped ,
it will take years to regain any respect. It's the UK that needs 'sorting'.

Also don't really care for totalitarian dictators myself , though PM May is trying her best to act like one.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #612 on December 20, 2018, 02:56:41 pm by Axholme Lion »
The EU doesn't need 'sorting' , the UK is being very silly and making a complete fool of itself in front of the world . other countries are absolutely p1ssing themselves at what 'we' are doing ,.When this farce is stopped ,
it will take years to regain any respect. It's the UK that needs 'sorting'.

Also don't really care for totalitarian dictators myself , though PM May is trying her best to act like one.

Who is being silly? There's nothing wrong with wanting to be an independent nation. The common market which we joined was a trading bloc, it has/is morphing into a United States of Europe which as far I am aware no-one has voted for.

Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin

• Forum Member
« Reply #613 on December 20, 2018, 03:06:53 pm by Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin »
I dont remember voting for the Ryder Cup to include European players either! When are they gonna change that?
Nowadays we compete and beat the Americans all the time it was much better when we got hammered every other year lets go back to that but without Ireland........ and some other team decides if Rory is allowed to play.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #614 on December 20, 2018, 03:46:12 pm by foxbat »
in what way do you need to be more 'independent' than you are now ?

There's no going back to the British Empire.

Our Future, Our Choice Retweeted 

Femi‏ @Femi_Sorry · Dec 19 

Femi Retweeted Our Future, Our Choice

People and Politicians are gradually realising that a People's Vote is the only way out of this mess. So if you want to make sure the people leading the debate aren't the same tired voices you heard in 2016, please help us!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #615 on December 20, 2018, 03:56:47 pm by Axholme Lion »
in what way do you need to be more 'independent' than you are now ?

There's no going back to the British Empire.

Our Future, Our Choice Retweeted 

Femi‏ @Femi_Sorry · Dec 19 

Femi Retweeted Our Future, Our Choice

People and Politicians are gradually realising that a People's Vote is the only way out of this mess. So if you want to make sure the people leading the debate aren't the same tired voices you heard in 2016, please help us!

I don't want to go back to the British Empire. I just want us to be left alone and for us to stop interfering in the business of other countries and making ourselves a target for terror.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #616 on December 20, 2018, 04:09:38 pm by foxbat »
the UK .? which has interfered with 'other countries' more than anyone else in world history.
 Leaving the EU would not effect the 'target for terror 'status , but it will damage the economy and Doncaster is one of the places that will take most of the hit (as usual ).
it will allow a few rich people , ( Brexit funders ) who like to keep the their money offshore and not pay a penny in tax to avoid the EU clamp down on this activity.
And of course Putin ( Brexit funder - via Aaron Banks ) , would find it easier to expand his empire if the EU is weaker. same with Trump.

Spending their money pumping out simplistic sh1te about independence certainly has been effective .
But remember in 2019 , no one can leave the modern world.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #617 on December 20, 2018, 04:25:07 pm by Axholme Lion »
the UK .? which has interfered with 'other countries' more than anyone else in world history.
 Leaving the EU would not effect the 'target for terror 'status , but it will damage the economy and Doncaster is one of the places that will take most of the hit (as usual ).
it will allow a few rich people , ( Brexit funders ) who like to keep the their money offshore and not pay a penny in tax to avoid the EU clamp down on this activity.
And of course Putin ( Brexit funder - via Aaron Banks ) , would find it easier to expand his empire if the EU is weaker. same with Trump.

Spending their money pumping out simplistic sh1te about independence certainly has been effective .

If Putin wants to expand in the east who are we to interfere? I certainly do not want to risk British lives fighting for people we know nothing of, against the Russians who were our greatest ally in WW2.
Yes, we had an empire in the past, so did many nations who could, be we have moved on and should not get involved.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #618 on December 20, 2018, 04:35:36 pm by foxbat »
Neville Chamberlain held that view in 1938 , but not highly thought of these days. A  stronger EU is in a much better position to stand up to Putin
and avoid any conflict.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #619 on December 20, 2018, 04:39:08 pm by IDM »

If Putin wants to expand in the east who are we to interfere? I certainly do not want to risk British lives fighting for people we know nothing of, against the Russians who were our greatest ally in WW2.
Yes, we had an empire in the past, so did many nations who could, be we have moved on and should not get involved.

So the alliances we had during the Cold War, where the nature of the Soviet Bloc was perceived as a big threat to the West, were pointless.??

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #620 on December 20, 2018, 04:51:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I've had a tough year this year, so I'm not fully on the ball. Someone confirm for me please. It IS 2017 isn't it? Not 1937?

EDIT. Or even 2018. Told you it's been a tough year...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:31:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #621 on December 20, 2018, 05:13:16 pm by drfchound »
IDM

Does Milwall have any non UK Nationals playing for them and would you want to send them "home" as well.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #622 on December 20, 2018, 06:30:12 pm by selby »
   Billy, a  little late I know, but I am not as interested in this subject as you, and I admire your enthusiasm and energy you  put into your cause. But I don't use bad language in my replies to you, please don't to do it to me.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #623 on December 20, 2018, 06:35:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

Aye alright. Although you may wish to review the post of yours I replied to before you get too moralistic. 

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268078.msg822548#msg822548

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #624 on December 20, 2018, 08:14:45 pm by wilts rover »
Really good comment piece here on the prospect of a second referendum and what the Labour approach to it may be. Not only because it begins to address a point that I have previously made, the outcome for remain in a second referendum can't be a return to pre-June 2016 but needs to demonstrate to people how by voting that way their lives will improve.

'That carelessness runs through many of today’s arguments for holding a second referendum. When some well-lunched eminence chunters on about Brexit being an act of “monumental self-harm”, do they ever think how that sounds to someone who’s been harmed year after year by waiting months for an operation, by a care service that’s falling to bits, by the lack of police to follow up local muggings? The same goes for those homilies about how “no one voted to make themselves poorer”. Well, no one voted for their factories to shut and the council to bend over backwards to bring in some distribution warehouse with a bunch of minimum wage jobs, but that’s what they got.'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/20/national-emergency-brexit-vote-westminster

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #625 on December 21, 2018, 09:48:33 am by Axholme Lion »
IDM

Does Milwall have any non UK Nationals playing for them and would you want to send them "home" as well.

Skalak is Czech, i'll buy his ticket for what he's done so far. If all the foreign players in the Championship left we would be in a far better position than virtually all the rest. Look at the likes of Norwich.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #626 on December 21, 2018, 10:12:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Face
Palm

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #627 on December 21, 2018, 10:23:27 am by GazLaz »
IDM

Skalak is Czech, i'll buy his ticket for what he's done so far. If all the foreign players in the Championship left we would be in a far better position than virtually all the rest. Look at the likes of Norwich.

Look at Norwich, playing some of the best football played in the championship in modern times.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #628 on December 21, 2018, 10:38:06 am by foxbat »
it's a lot  bigger issue  than football and 'foreign' players

I don't care if you're a Trump or Brexit supporter. You have to admit that both Trump and Brexit set one half of each country against the other, reducing the governments' ability to act. WE ARE WEAKER! Vladimir Putin is laughing at us. And he's not even hiding it anymore.

1.    Tony Robinson‏Verified account @Tony_Robinson 24m24 minutes ago
More
Putin says we shouldn’t hold a second referendum. What better argument in favour of one could there possibly be

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #629 on December 21, 2018, 11:16:39 am by Axholme Lion »
IDM

Look at Norwich, playing some of the best football played in the championship in modern times.

They could end up in the PL which is not what we want. Joining that would ruin our club forever. We are a working class club and proud to be rough around the edges. Staying in the Championship and upsetting the big time charlies is what we are all about. PL, no thanks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012