Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:53:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230358 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #3480 on October 13, 2022, 07:13:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Right. We're getting somewhere.

What military target was close to the kid's playpark in Kyiv?

What target was close to the shopping centre in Kremenchuk?

Do you have any reflections on the "missing of targets" with the use in densely built up urban areas of weapons that have, at best, an accuracy of +/-100m?

And when you've stopped for a minute to consider those points, perhaps you can tell us if you truly believe that Russia is trying to destroy Ukraine's military, rather than trying to terrorise and attack its civilians?
There can be many reasons why a missile misses it's target. The shopping centre we already discussed at great length.

You have consistently not replied to Ukraine's shelling of cililian targets in Donetsk as a for instance? Plus the land mines shelled there.

What proportion of Russian missiles are you suggesting hit playgrounds, civilian only buildings etc? Do you miss the destruction of military targets?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3481 on October 13, 2022, 07:27:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes we discussed the shopping centre at length.

You posted Russian lies. Demonstrable lies. You never retracted them. That told me all I needed to know about your approach.

That was a black and white case of a war crime. You twisted yourself in knots to justify it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3482 on October 15, 2022, 08:32:11 am by Filo »
According to experts Russia inly has a third of its high precision missiles left, it looks like Putin has used his box of fireworks before bonfire night, he’ll have to start using the old jumping jacks, and we all know they just go all over the place

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3483 on October 15, 2022, 08:57:34 am by wilts rover »
And according to experts (maybe the same ones I dunno) Russia only has fully funtion kit & equipment to deploy 1/10th of the conscripts they called up.

Ukraine is getting stronger with more modern NATO equipment, now rushing lots of Air Defence systems there, as Russia gets weaker by not being able to replace their munitions.

I did see a stat the other day which said Ukraine has put into service more captured and re-purposed Russian tanks than the total number the British Army own.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3484 on October 15, 2022, 04:28:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I read in April that Russia was running out of ammo, morale, troops, tanks....

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3485 on October 15, 2022, 11:04:45 pm by danumdon »
It will only be a matter of time before the balance is tipped and the Russians are sending in their cannon fodder again  (2nd world war style) they will have nothing left but Soviet era munitions and any vodka drunk who can stand up straight for long enough to get drafted.

Can we expect the regime to do the unthinkable or even at this late stage are there people there with enough about them to stop Putin taking the world back into the stone age?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3486 on October 16, 2022, 02:13:51 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Can we expect the regime to do the unthinkable or even at this late stage are there people there with enough about them to stop Putin taking the world back into the stone age?
It's one of the tenents of fascism to create external fear to induce compliance.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3487 on October 16, 2022, 11:24:49 am by danumdon »

It's one of the tenents of fascism to create external fear to induce compliance.

That's one way to look at it, another is that the world will not be allowing Putin to profit from this escapade, whatever happens from here on in Putin will not be free to saviour the fruits of his demented brain.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #3488 on October 20, 2022, 01:22:46 pm by nightporter »
This is the sort of incident that starts wars. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63327999

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3489 on October 20, 2022, 02:55:32 pm by danumdon »
This is the sort of incident that starts wars. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63327999

"Luke Pollard, Labour's shadow defence minister, said: "This incident also acts as a serious reminder about the importance of avoiding escalation and miscalculation while continuing the UK's united support for Ukraine."

Is the Labour shadow advocating we desist from patrolling international airspace or just a reminder that he exists?

Because this sounds like a proper soundbite to justify a position that would not be his if he had the authority.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3490 on October 20, 2022, 03:44:46 pm by Hounslowrover »
I think he means a miscalculation could be flying into Russian airspace by accident, that would certainly be problematic.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3491 on October 20, 2022, 04:52:19 pm by BobG »
As Korean Air Lines flight 007 found out to its very expensive cost.

BobG

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3492 on October 20, 2022, 04:54:17 pm by danumdon »
We're talking about the RAF here, if they ended up flying in Russian airspace it would be for a reason, not a miscalculation !

What do you think we have been doing since the war, its the reason we are there in the first place and it happens more often then is made public.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3493 on October 20, 2022, 05:13:19 pm by BobG »
The word was miscalculation. Anyone can do it. Korean Airlines 007 did just that.

BobG

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3494 on October 21, 2022, 11:09:29 am by Colin C No.3 »
Meanwhile Iran supplies sophisticated drones to Russia because Russia is allegedly running out of its own dated missiles.

As Western sanctions hit & hurt both regimes pragmatism has made them ‘uncomfortable bedfellows’.

Their growing ‘alliance’ should be a concern to all western countries.

Thank goodness we have our finger on the pulse on world events at this moment in time!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3495 on October 21, 2022, 11:14:10 am by SydneyRover »
Not to mention ex RAF training the Chinese, is it all down to money, is that where we are?

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #3496 on October 21, 2022, 01:51:40 pm by mugnapper »
Meanwhile Iran supplies sophisticated drones to Russia because Russia is allegedly running out of its own dated missiles.

As Western sanctions hit & hurt both regimes pragmatism has made them ‘uncomfortable bedfellows’.

Their growing ‘alliance’ should be a concern to all western countries.

Thank goodness we have our finger on the pulse on world events at this moment in time!
Someone once said ' the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.
Possibly an ancient Chinese General or possibly one of the Kardashians.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3497 on October 21, 2022, 02:12:16 pm by Sprotyrover »
Not to mention ex RAF training the Chinese, is it all down to money, is that where we are?
I just can't understand the mentality of someone selling his services
To a highly potential enemy of his own country!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3498 on October 21, 2022, 02:14:10 pm by BobG »
Winston I do believe Mugnapper.

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3499 on October 21, 2022, 02:31:15 pm by Filo »

In my opinion they should be charged with Treason

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3500 on October 21, 2022, 03:02:02 pm by Axholme Lion »

Why? Are we at war with China?

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #3501 on October 21, 2022, 03:58:58 pm by mugnapper »

BobG
Ray Winston? I think he's famous for saying 'You're only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off'!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3502 on October 21, 2022, 04:02:53 pm by River Don »

BobG
Ray Winston? I think he's famous for saying 'You're only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off'!

Michael Caine

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3503 on October 21, 2022, 04:33:40 pm by glosterred »

BobG

Michael Caine

Not a lot of people know that

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3504 on October 21, 2022, 06:16:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BobG
I thought it was what Jim Morrison said to Marianne Faithfull after catching her with Mick Jagger at a Glastonbury festival.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #3505 on October 21, 2022, 07:05:41 pm by tommy toes »
Ray Winston eh, he has such a range.
Him in Dr Zhivago 'Lara, you slaaaag'
Him in Star Wars 'Princess Leah you slaaag'
Him doing Shakespeare ' Juliet, you fackin slaaag'

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3506 on October 21, 2022, 08:19:36 pm by ravenrover »
Carrie you Slaaag

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3507 on October 21, 2022, 09:54:15 pm by SydneyRover »

Britain, US & Australia conducts right of passage through the Taiwanese Straits and vis the Spratly Islands, if an 'incident' occurred it is possible that those boats may come under attack from ex RAF trained Chinese pilots.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3508 on October 23, 2022, 09:38:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Britain, US & Australia conducts right of passage through the Taiwanese Straits and vis the Spratly Islands, if an 'incident' occurred it is possible that those boats may come under attack from ex RAF trained Chinese pilots.
If an incident occured? Like what? If there are potential incident issues then someone should be taking more care. If Chinese planes get drawn in then that's the fault of the incident and nothing to do with the training.

And then it should be noted the efforts the UK Gov goes to in order to woo China. Fine when it's profitting some fat cat but not when it trips up the geo politics games played out on China's border? Oh yeah, the US once again pushing borders far far away from its own ones.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012