Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:24:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230364 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #4710 on August 24, 2023, 12:31:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
"Possible that Ukraine shot it down"?

That has to be the single most stupid comment on this war. And Christ knows it's got some competition.

There's about as much chance that the big Monty Python foot came out of the clouds and squashed the plane.

It's more like 750km by the way, from the crash location to the nearest Ukraine border. The biggest SAM that I'm aware of is the colossal Russian S400. That has a maximum effective range of half that distance.

But yeah. Possible Ukraine shot it down. f**k me...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 12:38:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4711 on August 24, 2023, 01:34:01 pm by Not Now Kato »
With Wagner in Belarus and Lukashenko, brokering the deal to stop the coup, where does this leave him, will Wagner rise against him?

Could be Zaphod, only could be....

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/08/24/7416850/

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4712 on August 25, 2023, 01:36:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
With Wagner in Belarus and Lukashenko, brokering the deal to stop the coup, where does this leave him, will Wagner rise against him?

Could be Zaphod, only could be....

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/08/24/7416850/

I've heard at least a majority are heading to Zaporzhia. Not what Ukraine propaganda will be publicising.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4713 on August 25, 2023, 01:41:04 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
"Possible that Ukraine shot it down"?

That has to be the single most stupid comment on this war. And Christ knows it's got some competition.

There's about as much chance that the big Monty Python foot came out of the clouds and squashed the plane.

It's more like 750km by the way, from the crash location to the nearest Ukraine border. The biggest SAM that I'm aware of is the colossal Russian S400. That has a maximum effective range of half that distance.

But yeah. Possible Ukraine shot it down. f**k me...

The bleeding obvious thought would be they would use a man pad from inside Russian territory.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4714 on August 25, 2023, 02:31:26 pm by Iberian Red »
Bleeding and man pad. Hmm. That's about the most plausible theory you've come up with BRR. The Ukrainians downed it by throwing sanitary products at it.
Until that, I was more in favour of the theory that evil,magic fairies were to blame.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4715 on August 25, 2023, 03:51:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Bleeding and man pad. Hmm. That's about the most plausible theory you've come up with BRR. The Ukrainians downed it by throwing sanitary products at it.
Until that, I was more in favour of the theory that evil,magic fairies were to blame.
Go on, explain how man pad isn't possible?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4716 on August 25, 2023, 05:48:58 pm by Iberian Red »
Only if you can explain that the evil,magic fairies theory isn't possible.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4717 on August 25, 2023, 05:50:59 pm by glosterred »

A man pad is possible, but fired by whom? The big question is who fired it not whether it’s possible or not

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4718 on August 25, 2023, 07:16:46 pm by ravenrover »
Kremlin has denied giving orders for plane to be shot down, that's it then time to look elsewhere.
How does the Kremlin know the plane was actually shot down?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4719 on August 25, 2023, 07:30:03 pm by drfchound »
Black box flight recorder maybe?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4720 on August 25, 2023, 08:11:30 pm by River Don »
Kremlin has denied giving orders for plane to be shot down, that's it then time to look elsewhere.

Isn't the theory now,  it was brought down by a bomb, hidden in a crate of  what appeared to be vintage wine?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4721 on August 25, 2023, 10:45:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
There were trails in the sky at the time and other signs in line with it being shot down.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4722 on August 25, 2023, 10:46:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Only if you can explain that the evil,magic fairies theory isn't possible.
Shhhh....

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4723 on August 25, 2023, 10:50:28 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

A man pad is possible, but fired by whom? The big question is who fired it not whether it’s possible or not

Ukraines are able to get into Russia. Some used drones against targets deep in Russia, near Moscow (?) not long back, even filmed it. Similar happened on a few occasions.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4724 on August 26, 2023, 07:11:26 am by glosterred »

Ukraines are able to get into Russia. Some used drones against targets deep in Russia, near Moscow (?) not long back, even filmed it. Similar happened on a few occasions.

Just because the Ukrainian have free roam of Russia does not mean they did it.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 10:19:52 am by glosterred »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4725 on August 26, 2023, 08:33:17 am by ravenrover »
Would they know the exact flight  details in advance in order to get to a position to launch said missiles?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4726 on August 26, 2023, 10:34:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's a question.

Why on earth WOULD Ukraine spend time and effort and resources killing Prigozhin?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4727 on August 26, 2023, 10:59:09 am by wilts rover »
Here's a question.

Why on earth WOULD Ukraine spend time and effort and resources killing Prigozhin?

They wouldn't.

But Putin apologists will spend as much time and engery as possible in attempting to deflect attention from him & Russia's criminal acts. It's what they do.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4728 on August 26, 2023, 11:03:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
It's what they've always done Wilts. They are still to this day called Tankies, because their forerunners came up with 50 reasons why the Soviets were right to send tanks into Prague 55 years ago.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4729 on August 26, 2023, 11:13:10 am by Iberian Red »
Surely that's misspelt,it should be a W and not a T.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4730 on August 26, 2023, 12:08:31 pm by Filo »

That’ll be the same Kremlin that said they had no intention of invading Ukraine, the same Kremlin that denied poisoning Navalny with Novichock, the same Kremlin that denied poisoning the Skripals with Novichock and murdering a British subject on British soil, the same Kremlin that denied Murdering Litvinenko with Polonium.

There seems to be a pattern emerging of the Relationship of the Russian state and the truth

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4731 on August 26, 2023, 10:45:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Just because the Ukrainian have free roam of Russia does not mean they did it.

Not saying they did, just that's its perfectly possible. And I doubt Ukraine's have anything like free roam, but some can get in and hide out.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4732 on August 26, 2023, 10:48:03 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Here's a question.

Media good feeling. They hate him. Much propaganda about him instructing troops not to take prisoners ie shoot them. Some truth in that maybe, but Ukraine milked it, so gonna be good to kill him. Obviously.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4733 on August 26, 2023, 11:12:17 pm by River Don »
Here's a question.

Media good feeling. They hate him. Much propaganda about him instructing troops not to take prisoners ie shoot them. Some truth in that maybe, but Ukraine milked it, so gonna be good to kill him. Obviously.

Mmm. It all sounds a bit desperate doesn't it BRR?

What is it about the regime of Putin you admire?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4734 on August 26, 2023, 11:17:17 pm by Iberian Red »
Here's a question.

I've got a sneaky feeling it's when he rides around bare chested and bare back riding a horse

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4735 on August 26, 2023, 11:28:17 pm by River Don »
I doubt there is a single thing about Putins Russia the west could do to emulate

Not one.

He's a gangster. I feel so sorry for the Russian people.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 11:31:41 pm by River Don »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4736 on August 26, 2023, 11:30:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's a question.

It's simple school playground level politics of the Far Left. Putin is against the EU and America. Therefore he shouldn't be strongly criticised.

It's "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" stuff. Allows them to conveniently ignore what a monster Putin is.

Corbyn's lot had a similar approach. When Assad gassed Syrians and Putin flattened Aleppo, the line from Corbyn's advisers was "Don't overplay this because it will take attention off the crimes of the West."

Absolutely idiotic, but the Far Left has been shot through with this stupidity for a century.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4737 on August 26, 2023, 11:33:49 pm by River Don »
I no longer believe in right and left.

There are moderates and extremists and that's it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4738 on August 26, 2023, 11:39:54 pm by River Don »
Putin is a fascist.

I'll say that, straight up.

Given the chance I would slot him straight between the eyes.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4739 on August 27, 2023, 12:08:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I no longer believe in right and left.

There are moderates and extremists and that's it.

I agree in as much as that the Far Left and Far Right merge in the Far Murk. There's still a sensible differentiatio0 between Right and Left in the less extreme parts of the arc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012