Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:58:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377289 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #3300 on May 17, 2019, 03:35:44 pm by scawsby steve »
Bpool.

Yes, in fairness, you are correct that no criminal charges have been brought against Banks.

This is the state of play with him.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/journalist/electoral-commission-media-centre/party-and-election-finance-to-keep/arron-banks,-better-for-the-country-and-others-referred-to-the-national-crime-agency-for-multiple-suspected-offences

That in itself is unprecedented. No one in our history has been referred to the police by the Electoral Commission for suspected criminal activity on that scale.

The police have taken six months over this investigation so far. This is the latest update.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Len_Duvall/status/1128296130830307328

Might that be because we have never had such a bitter and twisted, sour-faced, bunch of bad losers that are determined to overturn a democratically voted result by any desperate means available?

If you think they're sour faced and bitter now BB, just wait until next Thursday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3301 on May 17, 2019, 03:47:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS

We were talking about the Electoral Commission. Are you expecting THEM to be upset next Thursday?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3302 on May 17, 2019, 05:43:41 pm by scawsby steve »
SS

We were talking about the Electoral Commission. Are you expecting THEM to be upset next Thursday?

No Billy, we're talking about the whole of the Establishment.

Let me explain what's happened over the last 3 years. In 2016, two events happened that weren't supposed to happen, and horrified the whole of the Liberalist Establishment  of the Western world; Donald Trump and Brexit; and the aim of the Establishment ever since has been to destroy them both, in any way they can.

Let me explain why these 2 things happened, along with the rise of Populist parties in Europe. When ordinary decent people feel that their concerns over crime, violence, terrorism, and immigration aren't being listened to by smug, arrogant, lazy liberalist politicians, they'll take revenge any way they can.

And before you come back at me like a ton of bricks, let me tell you that the above isn't just my opinion, it's the opinion of every journalist and pundit, of all political persuasions, I've heard over the last few weeks.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3303 on May 17, 2019, 07:19:40 pm by Not Now Kato »
SS

Let me explain what's happened over the last 3 years. In 2016, two events happened that weren't supposed to happen, and horrified the whole of the Liberalist Establishment  of the Western world; Donald Trump and Brexit; and the aim of the Establishment ever since has been to destroy them both, in any way they can.

Let me explain why these 2 things happened, along with the rise of Populist parties in Europe. When ordinary decent people feel that their concerns over crime, violence, terrorism, and immigration aren't being listened to by smug, arrogant, lazy liberalist politicians, they'll take revenge any way they can.

And before you come back at me like a ton of bricks, let me tell you that the above isn't just my opinion, it's the opinion of every journalist and pundit, of all political persuasions, I've heard over the last few weeks.

Of course they did.  It's called cutting off ones nose to spite ones face.  It's the ordinary people who lose out through their own actions of taking revenge though; your so called Liberal Establishment will hardly be impacted at all.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3304 on May 18, 2019, 02:54:28 am by scawsby steve »
SS

Of course they did.  It's called cutting off ones nose to spite ones face.  It's the ordinary people who lose out through their own actions of taking revenge though; your so called Liberal Establishment will hardly be impacted at all.

Hardly be impacted at all? Really? Have a look at how Labour and the Tories are doing in the polls.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3305 on May 18, 2019, 07:57:31 am by SydneyRover »
Unsure here from your posts SS but am I correct in thinking you want a hard brexit and you support trump?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3306 on May 18, 2019, 10:29:02 am by Not Now Kato »
SS

Hardly be impacted at all? Really? Have a look at how Labour and the Tories are doing in the polls.

You seem to be missing the point SS, but then, leave supporters usually do - which is why we're in the mess we are in right now.

As for politicians, a large number of them have other sources of income; pity the less well off don't have that luxury.

A protest vote is all well and good if there is benefit in it for the voter, otherwise it's a waste of a vote.  In the case of Brexit, a painful waste of a vote.  I'm still waiting for leavers to tell me how we, as a country, will be as well off as we were before  the referendum after we finally leave; let alone be better off.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3307 on May 18, 2019, 03:01:33 pm by scawsby steve »
Unsure here from your posts SS but am I correct in thinking you want a hard brexit and you support trump?

No Sydney, what I want is respect for democracy. The rights and wrongs of Brexit and Trump are utterly and totally irrelevant in all this; what is relevant is 17.4 million voters in the UK and 63 million voters in the US.

What is it about all this that you lot are unable to comprehend? Chill out man, have a drink, celebrate the Rovers' scintillating performance at Charlton, and stop letting all this business get you down.

I promise you I won't take the p*ss after Thursday.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3308 on May 18, 2019, 05:28:44 pm by hoolahoop »
 " You seem to be missing the point SS, but then, leave supporters usually do - which is why we're in the mess we are in right now.

As for politicians, a large number of them have other sources of income; pity the less well off don't have that luxury.

A protest vote is all well and good if there is benefit in it for the voter, otherwise it's a waste of a vote.  In the case of Brexit, a painful waste of a vote.  I'm still waiting for leavers to tell me how we, as a country, will be as well off as we were before  the referendum after we finally leave; let alone be better off. "

Don't hang around waiting for a reply it usually comes with the usual preamble about sovereignty ( which we absolutely have ) . Sandwiched in between you will be told how the £8 billion net a year can all be ploughed back into the NHS ( When in fact it won't) and finished off with how much better we will all be without all these immigrants we have to put up with ( although we have huge controls over most of it , the non- EU section is actually increasingy)  . Finally and this is a biggy you will be told how we can renege on the £ 39 billion deal ( though we have agreed the terms and reasons why we are obligated to pay this amount ).......ALL  without any collateral damage whatsoever.

Absolute drivel the lot of it but as long as it frightens the death out of the supposed liberal elite and fatcats , who incidentally they all appear to be any way ; Life will be fine in 30 years or so for the rest of us who aren't French emigrés, German passport holders, Belizean diplomats etc.

Don't forget it has nothing to do with immigrants, xenophobia, racism just about helping the people of Africa with their economies.Oh and everything to do about  " Breaking Point " posters that don't apply to us ( being outside of SCHENGEN) and of course turning over our armed forces to the Germans ( When we have absolute sovereignty as pointed out before ) .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3309 on May 18, 2019, 07:02:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Hoola, It's far, far bigger than whether we are going to be better off inside or outside the EU. That's an entirely secondary issue.

The big issue is whether we as a population really care about democracy.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3310 on May 18, 2019, 09:37:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Hoola, It's far, far bigger than whether we are going to be better off inside or outside the EU. That's an entirely secondary issue.

Well, Leave.uk didn't respect democracy as a political organisation. But that's OK, isn't it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3311 on May 19, 2019, 01:21:34 am by SydneyRover »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKV9bK-CBXo

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3312 on May 19, 2019, 10:05:25 am by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3313 on May 19, 2019, 10:17:40 am by SydneyRover »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3314 on May 19, 2019, 11:29:42 am by Not Now Kato »

BB, democracy is Government for the People, by the People, in the Interests of the People.  It certainly isn't Manipulation of the People, by a small minority of Rich People, in the Interests of those Rich People.

There's LIES

Then there's FACTS

Of course, you can choose which to believe.  But please, choose wisely, a lot of people didn't.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3315 on May 19, 2019, 01:53:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I think you'll find that Brexiters think democracy is a system of elected representatives, not a union run by unelected bureaucrats.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3316 on May 19, 2019, 02:03:40 pm by scawsby steve »
I think you'll find that Brexiters think democracy is a system of elected representatives, not a union run by unelected bureaucrats.

Yeah, p*ssed up unelected bureaucrats.

To answer NNK, yes mate, we'll all be voting wisely on Thursday.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3317 on May 19, 2019, 02:10:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The European Commission is the Civil Service of the EU. Every democratic organisation has a body of staff with varying executive powers that administer policy. In the case of the EC, it is overseen and headed by senior politicians who are chosen by the democratically elected governments of each of the member states.

Do you get really agitated about policy in the UK being implemented by unelected civil servants given various executive powers, under the overall control of Ministers chosen by the head of the democratically elected Government?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3318 on May 19, 2019, 02:43:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Brexiters get agitated by unelected bureaucrats from the European Commission administering policy in the UK before our own politicians and civil servants implement them.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3319 on May 19, 2019, 03:18:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Which policies do they get agitated about?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3320 on May 19, 2019, 03:29:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I suggest the main topic of this part of the argument is sovereignty.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3321 on May 19, 2019, 03:34:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So there must be a list of pretty serious stuff that the EU compels us to do or prevents us from doing that must really cut to the quick of people who feel.strongly about our sovereignty.

Anybody seen it?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3322 on May 19, 2019, 03:51:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Anybody could have seen this article from just after the referendum.
https://www.vox.com/2016/6/22/11992106/brexit-arguments

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3323 on May 19, 2019, 05:35:31 pm by Not Now Kato »

Yeah, p*ssed up unelected bureaucrats.

To answer NNK, yes mate, we'll all be voting wisely on Thursday.

I suspect that if you, or anyone for that matter, is voting for the Brexit Party - a party with no policies or manifesto - then you won't be voting wisely, you'll be voting stupidly.  But then that's your choice, in the end you'll get what you deserve.  Just don't complain when it bites your arse.

Tell me, who elected our current PM, Home Secretary, Foreign Secretary, Health Secretary etc etc?  And you complain about the EU system!  Christ on a bike, you're a classic example of why people shouldn't be allowed to vote on issues they clearly don't understand.  Nah, you'd rather believe the lies written in the Daily Mail, Express etc!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3324 on May 19, 2019, 05:48:15 pm by wilts rover »
The next Prime Minister of the UK will be elected by around 80 000 Conservative Party members. Which is 80 000 more people than chose the current one. Now there's democracy in action for you.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3325 on May 19, 2019, 05:56:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
In the past 100 years, half of all Prime Ministers came into office ‘unelected’.

Isn't a general election opportunity for people in every part of the UK to choose their MP, not a Prime Minister?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3326 on May 19, 2019, 06:21:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
In the past 100 years, half of all Prime Ministers came into office ‘unelected’.

Isn't a general election opportunity for people in every part of the UK to choose their MP, not a Prime Minister?

Precisely. We elect MPs. The British Public has never voted to make a specific individual Prime Minister - a position that is part of the Executive (ie the civil service). But apparently that's democratic, unlike that nasty unelected EU civil service.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3327 on May 19, 2019, 07:34:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Of course, you can't have a vote for every issue. Most decisions have to be made by the government and civil servants in every democratic society.

That's democracy as we in the UK know it.

Brexiters get agitated by unelected bureaucrats from the European Commission administering policy in the UK before our own politicians and civil servants implement them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3328 on May 19, 2019, 08:34:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Of course, you can't have a vote for every issue. Most decisions have to be made by the government and civil servants in every democratic society.

That's democracy as we in the UK know it.

Decisions are made by the legislature, not the executive. The executive administers the legislature's decision.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3329 on May 19, 2019, 10:59:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Whatever. But I doubt that will change Brexiters minds.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012