Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:01:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 94318 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #270 on June 05, 2020, 04:08:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Yep, liberal elite, holier than thou, educated idiots , take your pick

Says the man who continually tells all of us he knows more than we do about the EU!!

It used to be called brass neck.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on June 05, 2020, 04:14:12 pm by drfchound »
Selby.

You come across as a racist old kitson.

Maybe you arent,maybe.

Have you ever been yo Romania?

I have. I've seen more horse and carts up and down the (A19 Selby Road) than you have seen in Romania. Get you head out the window,or your arse,both would help you to learn a little bit about the outside world.

Watch out! You know more than he does so you're going to get called part of the liberal elite, just so that he can ignore what you're saying with impugnity.:)

What is impugnity.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on June 05, 2020, 06:13:09 pm by selby »
  There goes the trumpet call to gather for the usual people making the noise on the left of the perpetual losers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on June 05, 2020, 06:29:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I prefer Stewart Lee's description of Remain supporters. "People who are comfortable with facts."

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on June 05, 2020, 06:31:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yes, that is one of his funnier ones.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on June 05, 2020, 07:00:44 pm by foxbat »
The only 'winners ' are those keeping their money offshore and avoiding the EU making them pay some tax.
Us mugs will pay the tax and get a good kicking as well.
Who's first for a nice slice of chlorinated american muck ?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on June 05, 2020, 09:08:19 pm by Iberian Red »
  There goes the trumpet call to gather for the usual people making the noise on the left of the perpetual losers.
I prefer to call them bitter,racist,pensioner Kitsons.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #277 on June 05, 2020, 10:23:19 pm by selby »
  That is what you are good at IR, ageism and throwing insults about and very little else.
  A small man with a small mind, in fact just a noise and a loser. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:25:57 pm by selby »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on June 06, 2020, 05:55:53 am by Donnywolf »
... and not wholly accurate either

True I personally AM bitter at the EU Referendum resut and I voted Remain of course but bracketting all the over 65s as Pensioner Kitsons is plain wrong because my "friend pool" of similar aged people shows it to be roughly 50 / 50 split

Looking at official stats in the 50 to almost dead group the split was 38 - 62 so for each Pensionet Kitson you know 4 of them out of 10 wanted to Remain with 6 wanting to Leave

So you can hardly look at a Senior and say "Remoaner" imo

Also IMO I certainly am not a racist and indeed it would be difficult TO be because my Nephews and Nieces have like others of that generation paired up with immigrants from various nationalities and again statistically the EU vote largely swung on one criteria - immigration

I have heard and read that that was the major reason for voting Leave and so to debunk that "racist" remark simply look at the 40/60 split again (though it is not exactly true of me to say that in this case 40 of the Remainers are not racist while 60 of the Leavers are racist because there is or will be a crossover within those percentages

What is clear is yes I am bitter and bitter as hell as I personally have been dragged out of the EU against my wishes so if that fits your target group then include me in it

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on June 06, 2020, 07:36:17 am by EasyforDennis »
For me this isn't about right or left. This is about right or wrong. I cannot see any benefits whatsoever for leaving the EU. The farming community who generally voted leave are now regretting it with a serious lack of workforce to pick their fruit etc. Food standards will go down. Does anyone actually want "chlorinated chicken"? Apart from Blue passports (which we could have had as members of the EU anyway) and the likes of JRM not now having to declare his of shore banking details, what are the benefits? Sovereignty? Democratically elected officials? Well we have seen how well that works in this country recently haven't we? We can now stop illegal immigrants immigrants entering the country? Oh no we can't. Our kids now cannot have freedom to live and work in Europe? Please please can anyone of the vote leave persuasion tell me again what the benefits of us leaving are.  :headbang:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #280 on June 06, 2020, 08:22:10 am by wilts rover »
Have you seen what it is they can't agree on in the trade talks?

What it is that the British government wish to negotiate and you are telling us you voted for?

Looser rules on nuclear safety and money laundering!!!

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu/brexit-trade-talks-make-no-significant-progress-as-deadline-nears-idUKKBN23C1KD

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on June 06, 2020, 08:27:46 am by Donnywolf »
For me this isn't about right or left. This is about right or wrong. I cannot see any benefits whatsoever for leaving the EU. The farming community who generally voted leave are now regretting it with a serious lack of workforce to pick their fruit etc. Food standards will go down. Does anyone actually want "chlorinated chicken"? Apart from Blue passports (which we could have had as members of the EU anyway) and the likes of JRM not now having to declare his of shore banking details, what are the benefits? Sovereignty? Democratically elected officials? Well we have seen how well that works in this country recently haven't we? We can now stop illegal immigrants immigrants entering the country? Oh no we can't. Our kids now cannot have freedom to live and work in Europe? Please please can anyone of the vote leave persuasion tell me again what the benefits of us leaving are.  :headbang:

Not now Kato has been asking that question for 2 years or more probably and I dont recall anyone putting up 1 single plus point

... because we could isnt a positive either

.... neither is a Blue Passport

.... neither is we took back control

So can someone add ONE advantage I have gained as I think of poor little pigs being dragged to their deaths because they cant stand up any more due to being drugged in US with a substance banned in 105 ish countries - but liable to be foisted on us as part of the new Trade deal with the US

Liar Johnson has said "it wont happen" like he said the Irish Border wouldnt happen and ... well you know the rest

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on June 06, 2020, 10:15:59 am by Not Now Kato »
I think this meme summs it up and makes it easy to understand for people like selby....

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on June 06, 2020, 10:47:53 am by tyke1962 »
[quote authorTlyStubbsTears link=topic=276859.msg969960#msg969960 date=1591378152]

I prefer Stewart Lee's description of Remain supporters. "People who are comfortable with facts."
[/quote]

Indeed Billy , let's do facts .

EU Referendum Result 2016

Votes Cast

Remain 16.1m ........... Leave 17.4m

Constituency

Remain 242 ........ Leave 406

Tory Seats

Remain 80 ............Leave 247

Labour Seats

Remain 84 ..........Leave 148

By Region

Remain 3 ........ Leave 9

Here's where it does get interesting and forms the point I made the other day .

MP's Vote In The Referendum

Remain 485 ......... Leave 162

But it's the people right ??

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #284 on June 06, 2020, 10:57:09 am by wilts rover »
Pick your own facts time.

Which bus was it that had on the side: After we leave the EU we can have looser rules on Nuclear Safety & Money Laundering?

Does anyone have a photo of it? Or a billboard?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #285 on June 06, 2020, 11:10:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Tyke.

So that's it? You've joined Selby? "You lost, deal with it."

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on June 06, 2020, 11:16:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST, as a Remainer you don't seem very comfortable with those facts.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #287 on June 06, 2020, 11:37:20 am by Not Now Kato »
A question for the leavers on here....

If one of the criteria for voting leave was to stop the UK being controlled by 'unelected bureaucrats', (they are all elected actually, but you believed the lie!), then why are you happy with the UK being run by an 'unelected bureaucrat'?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #288 on June 06, 2020, 11:55:53 am by BigH »
I repeat. There is no such thing as a Brexit Extension. Brexit has happened.

A number of people are confusing this with negotiation of a new, post-Brexit Trade Agreement with the EU.

I do hope that no one excuses the government if it delivers a bad (or worse, no) Trade Agreement on the grounds that it was doing so under the auspices of Brexit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on June 06, 2020, 11:59:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Why would I not be comfortable with facts.

They are facts. I'm aware of them. I accept them.

The issue is, are you comfortable with processing facts? And assimilating new ones?

For far too many Leave supporters, those are the ONLY facts they process. It's like the event horizon of a black hole. Time stopped on 23 June 2016 and no subsequent facts ever penetrated their mental processes.

Tyke has just chucked his lot in with them.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #290 on June 06, 2020, 12:11:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No BST, whether I am comfortable with facts isn't the issue. The issue is, as a fellow Remain voter you don't seem very comfortable with those facts.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #291 on June 06, 2020, 12:22:43 pm by Not Now Kato »
No BST, whether I am comfortable with facts isn't the issue. The issue is, as a fellow Remain voter you don't seem very comfortable with those facts.

One should always be comfortable with facts, it's the lies that people believe that concerns me.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #292 on June 06, 2020, 12:29:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
According to 'comedian'  Stewart Lee, ALL Remain supporters are comfortable with the facts. Probably the biggest fact is Remainers lost, and a lot of them aren't comfortable with it.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #293 on June 06, 2020, 12:41:09 pm by Not Now Kato »
According to 'comedian'  Stewart Lee, ALL Remain supporters are comfortable with the facts. Probably the biggest fact is Remainers lost, and a lot of them aren't comfortable with it.

No, the biggest fact is that leavers bought the lies.

My annoyance is, that by doing so they lowered the standards and opportunities that my children and grandchildren should have been able to enjoy.  You know, the standards and opportunities that my generation, (many of whom voted leave because they too believed the lies and false promises), enjoyed - all for a bunch of lies that are being exposed almost daily.  And even though the lies are being exposed, leave supporters cling to the belief that they were right and would look stupid if they admitted that they were wrong.  Fact is, to remainers, they make themselves look more stupid because of that stance.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on June 06, 2020, 12:55:59 pm by selby »
  Kato, I repeat I cannot answer that question because I voted in the referendum to remain, knowing that if the vote was to leave it would be hell on earth and a mess to get out of, and because of my self interest in my investments that I knew would take a hit.
  The week  leading up to the referendum vote the markets were so sure the vote would be remain up to I think Thursday night I was 19% up  and at opening the day after I was over £80 k plus the 19% profit I was sitting on at close the night before  down while on holiday in Wales which I watched all night in the holiday cottage.
   The vitriol and insults started immediately with people like Saubry throwing a fit and insulting, belittling, and questioning the right of the common people to vote on such a matter because they were too thick to take such an important decision  which resonated with me much more than the money and sickened me to the core. I instantly hated her and the others with their attitude I would not piss on them if they were on fire in the road.
  And that attitude has grown, I have become more and more entrenched against those people who use those methods of trying to put a case over that the old are responsible for the result, that basically they are uneducated, and are racist, just because 4 votes  went against them, of which in two I voted alongside them in the referendum and the first election for Corbyn.
  And the attitude is growing so much that it seems the racism is against the UK and the government and is spreading to want people to apologise for being white.
   The hate and insults are still coming from the elitist lefties in the media and will continue to come back to bite them in the arse at election time.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #295 on June 06, 2020, 12:57:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Lies that were deliberately targeted by Dominic Cummings at people who had been socially profiled by Cambridge Analytics as being particularly susceptible to believing political lies targeted at them.

That's the same Dominic Cummings who delivered Herd Immunity as UK policy, giving us the worst CV-19 outcome of any major country in the world.

The same Dominic Cummings who showed his utter disdain for you, the British people, by cooking up that cock and bull story in the Rose Garden.

But yeah. That vote was a sacrosanct expression of The Will of The People and must never, ever be questioned. Even though every opinion poll for the past 3 years says it would be overturned if repeated today.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on June 06, 2020, 01:10:45 pm by tyke1962 »
Tyke.

So that's it? You've joined Selby? "You lost, deal with it."

The only thing I'm saying is that which ever way you look at the referendum result whether that be by votes and further analysis Leave came out on top .

The only place where there wasn't a consensus to leave the EU despite a mandate from the people to do so was Parliament itself .

I'm joining nobody and wish to refrain from personalising the issue .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #297 on June 06, 2020, 01:17:20 pm by SydneyRover »
Selby as you would know, it's always sensible for one that 'plays' the market to have a couple of markers, when your stocks rise above a certain level sell part of your investment to recover your outlay and a marker to sell when your stock price hits a certain level so you don't lose all the value, paper profits are just that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on June 06, 2020, 01:33:24 pm by selby »
  Syd, the big hitters were unprepared for it, never mind me, While out and about all day nobody tipped that result, where we were staying up in the Hills 20 miles from Aberystwyth there was no internet connection anyway and as you say it was just paper money. Not the first time I have been found out and certainly not the last.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on June 06, 2020, 01:37:18 pm by Filo »
  Syd, the big hitters were unprepared for it, never mind me, While out and about all day nobody tipped that result, where we were staying up in the Hills 20 miles from Aberystwyth there was no internet connection anyway and as you say it was just paper money. Not the first time I have been found out and certainly not the last.

You should be on the oil companies at the moment, big money to be made, Shell has risen 50% since it’s share price bottomed out in March, as economy’s get moving oil prices will continue to rise and that will reflect in the share price, in my opinion

TinyPortal © 2005-2012