Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:11:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 94364 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #930 on September 12, 2020, 11:30:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby seems to be the only one on here who thinks Zahawi's ethnicity is relevant to this discussion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #931 on September 12, 2020, 11:59:38 am by SydneyRover »
''Gove claims internal market bill protects UK integrity from EU 'threat'
Cabinet Office minister says new legislation ‘entirely consistent with the rule of law’''

So breaking international law is entirely consistent with the rule of law, even for Gove this is mad as.

''He also insisted that the government was acting “within the rule of law” and was behaving in a “constructive and pragmatic” way, despite the Northern Ireland secretary admitting the new legislation would breach international law''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/12/brexit-gove-claims-internal-market-bill-protects-uk-integrity-from-eu-threat

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #932 on September 12, 2020, 12:17:23 pm by SydneyRover »
And ................

FT Weekend

‘’The government was told explicitly in January that Johnson’s Brexit Deal would leave Brussels able to claim jurisdiction over ‘’large amounts’’ of UK state aid policy after the end of the transition period, documents have revealed ………………..’’

no link sorry

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #933 on September 12, 2020, 12:20:29 pm by ravenrover »
Selby seems to be the only one on here who thinks Zahawi's ethnicity is relevant to this discussion.
He's got past on this, called me a racist for saying Brits on holiday abroad were increasing the spread in those countries Reckon he's just looking for a bite

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #934 on September 12, 2020, 12:23:16 pm by tommy toes »
EU threat my Arris.
I can't believe what this Government is up to.
Are they determined to bring the country to its knees just to satisfy their rabid right wing sensibilities and line the pockets of a few.
It's about time all opposition parties and media started really letting the moribund public know exactly what is going on.
Mrs Toes went out for dinner the other night with two of her Tory voting pals. They were fulsome in their praise of how Boris is dealing with Covid and Brexit.
They read the Mail of course and listen to t**ts like Zahawi and Gove being allowed to spout lies on the TV without being robustly challenged.
Put my woman right off her veggie lasagne.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 12:28:11 pm by tommy toes »

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #935 on September 12, 2020, 12:25:14 pm by tommy toes »
He's got past on this, called me a racist for saying Brits on holiday abroad were increasing the spread in those countries Reckon he's just looking for a bite
Which is why I didn't engage.
I advise others to do the same.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #936 on September 12, 2020, 04:29:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

The classic description of a racist.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #937 on September 12, 2020, 08:38:18 pm by selby »
Well at least it got the disciples out singing,  The EU have just broken their own treaties  allowing such as France to break their economic rules.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #938 on September 12, 2020, 09:27:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, your regular reminder of how the rich and powerful who persuaded you to vote against your interests for Brexit have ensured that they don't get hit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/hard-brexit-eu-passport-buy-malta-christopher-chandler-single-market-customs-union-a8185336.html?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Kitsons, the lot of them. Unprincipled, mendacious Kitsons.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #939 on September 12, 2020, 09:54:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Well at least it got the disciples out singing,  The EU have just broken their own treaties  allowing such as France to break their economic rules.

As usual, not paying attention and two days too late. Getting desperate for a bite, eh?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #940 on September 12, 2020, 10:26:39 pm by selby »
  Glyn they aren't a couple of days late breaking international rules they set themselves.
  Remind me the last time their budget was passed off.
  The biggest ponzie system in the world.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #941 on September 12, 2020, 11:07:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Glyn they aren't a couple of days late breaking international rules they set themselves.

HA couldn't tell us which part of which treaty he maintained the EU has broken. I bet you can't either.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #942 on September 13, 2020, 04:47:45 am by SydneyRover »
''The attorney general, Suella Braverman, was on Saturday accused of sacrificing the UK’s reputation, sidelining legal advisers and bypassing the ministerial code during an extraordinary confrontation with some of the country’s top lawyers''

Nothing out of the ordinary for this bunch of outlaws and carpetbaggers?

More from that well known nest of lefties .................

''During the annual general meeting of the Bar Council, the professional association for barristers, Braverman was asked how Britain could retain “a shred of credibility” in imploring other countries to follow international law after revealing its own willingness to breach agreements''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/12/top-lawyers-slam-suella-braverman-for-wrecking-uks-reputation

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #943 on September 13, 2020, 08:47:20 am by Herbert Anchovy »

HA couldn't tell us which part of which treaty he maintained the EU has broken. I bet you can't either.

Glyn

I did. Maybe if you spent less time sneering at anyone with a different opinion to you and opened your mind a little you’d understand?  You need to understand that the EU isn’t a whiter than white organisation. It breaks treaties as all political organisations do. The point I’ve been trying to make, and one that seems to fly over your head, is that it’s hypocritical to call the UK Government for breaking treaty policies when the EU has done the same! Now, there may be a perfect justification for breaking the treaty policies in certain circumstances.  You may agree with the French example or you may agree with the example below...that’s not my business here. The point I’m making (yet again) is that the EU have history here! I’m not moralising on the rights and wrongs of it!

Anyway, here’s another one for you to ignore.

The EU broke the terms of the Maastricht Treaty (Article 123 & Article 125) during the Eurozone crisis by issuing bail out aid to Greece (and other countries too in all probability)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #944 on September 13, 2020, 10:05:04 am by selby »
  Glyn, I don't have to the German courts did it a couple of weeks ago, and the French threat to blockade ports is one for the future as is carrying on fishing in a sovereign countries waters mate.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #945 on September 13, 2020, 12:25:37 pm by wilts rover »

Glyn

I did. Maybe if you spent less time sneering at anyone with a different opinion to you and opened your mind a little you’d understand?  You need to understand that the EU isn’t a whiter than white organisation. It breaks treaties as all political organisations do. The point I’ve been trying to make, and one that seems to fly over your head, is that it’s hypocritical to call the UK Government for breaking treaty policies when the EU has done the same! Now, there may be a perfect justification for breaking the treaty policies in certain circumstances.  You may agree with the French example or you may agree with the example below...that’s not my business here. The point I’m making (yet again) is that the EU have history here! I’m not moralising on the rights and wrongs of it!

The EU broke the terms of the Maastricht Treaty (Article 123 & Article 125) during the Eurozone crisis by issuing bail out aid to Greece (and other countries too in all probability)

Not again. The EU could not break the terms of the Maastrict Treaty because it is/was not a signatory to the Maastrict Treaty. The sigantories to the Maastrict Treaty are the individual countries that formed the EU at that time.

You appear to haave the strange irrational hatred of the EU that I can only put down to you trying to justify your strange irrational hated of countries working together.

I don't care. I don't care if several countries broke the terms of the Lisbon Treaty and Schengen Agreement by closing their borders during covid. That's up to them to sort out with the rest of the countries that didn't.

What they have not done, never, ever, is stood up in Parliament and admitted they were deliberatly prepared to break International Law. We used to invade countries for doing that.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #946 on September 13, 2020, 12:33:01 pm by Donnywolf »
From above

What they have not done, never, ever, is stood up in Parliament and admitted they were deliberatly prepared to break International Law. We used to invade countries for doing that.

Yes Brandon useless Lewis a Johnson muppet is in Hansard as saying we will be breaking International Law. Its in the book - we all saw it and yet Worzel Liar has now briefed the minions to say that actually we wont be

You would be laughed at out loud if you came up with a Book with such a series of lies - unbelievable

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #947 on September 13, 2020, 01:33:26 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Glyn

Not again. The EU could not break the terms of the Maastrict Treaty because it is/was not a signatory to the Maastrict Treaty. The sigantories to the Maastrict Treaty are the individual countries that formed the EU at that time.

You appear to haave the strange irrational hatred of the EU that I can only put down to you trying to justify your strange irrational hated of countries working together.

I don't care. I don't care if several countries broke the terms of the Lisbon Treaty and Schengen Agreement by closing their borders during covid. That's up to them to sort out with the rest of the countries that didn't.

A post that yet again proves my point on the hypocrisy of the Brexit debate. You’re clearly a fool who is blind to the truth Wilts. Do you actually understand how the EU works? It really is like banging your head against a brick wall here.

You’ve hit the nail on the head by saying you don’t care. You’re absolutely right you don’t. you don’t care about the hypocrisy and sanctimonious bullshit spouted by self righteous remainers. I’ve provided two examples where the EU has, at the minimum, turned a blind eye to treaties being broken by countries and nobody has the guts to accept it!

Do you honestly believe that Greece were in a position to join the Euro in 2001? Do you believe they met all of the requirements within that appropriate treaties? Or do you think they were allowed to ‘cook their books’ by the EU?

I don’t hate the EU. What I do dislike is the hypocrisy that the EU is a whiter than white organisation despite the evidence to the contrary. And, don’t fall into the trap of thinking that I’m an apologist for the UK government either. If you’ve read my previous posts then you’ll see that I oppose their current tactic of breaking the WA.

And one final thing. Can you please provide evidence of me hating countries working together?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #948 on September 13, 2020, 01:51:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
HA.

No-one is saying the EU is whiter than white. That's a straw man you have set up. It's a question if whether being in it is better than being out of it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #949 on September 13, 2020, 05:52:34 pm by wilts rover »
Herbert of course I don't care. The UK left the EU 9 months ago. There are no Remainers any more. Leave-Remain it doesn't matter, they are as relevant as roundheads and cavaliers.

What matters is the relationship between the UK & EU from 1st January 2021 and the 40% of British trade that is dependent on it.

If you don't realise you are being a propogandist for Cummings & Johnson and their facist negotiating tactics, on behalf of the American billionaire who are behind their desire to break-up the EU so they can extend and exploit the European market that is left behind - then you really should.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #950 on September 13, 2020, 07:49:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn

No you didn't. You just pointed at Article 126 as if that proved something and then when I actually read the damn thing, realised there had been no obvious contravention and then asked you to tell me which part of Article 126 had been broken...silence.

Article 126 has built in flexibility that enables the EU to respond to events. It is not set in stone. Prove me wrong and tell everybody what the EU has broken in Article 126.

As for Maastricht Treaty Article 123, read paragraph 2. Article 125 talks about specific projects, so WTF has that got to do with bailing out Greece? Even then, paragraph 2 gives the Council flexibility to redefine.

You don't like hypocrisy, eh? You say I sneer but then you do the same to Wilts.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:53:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #951 on September 13, 2020, 07:55:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Glyn, I don't have to the German courts did it a couple of weeks ago, and the French threat to blockade ports is one for the future as is carrying on fishing in a sovereign countries waters mate.

I knew you wouldn't and said so. Thanks for showing everyone how right I was. You're a star.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #952 on September 13, 2020, 08:15:48 pm by Not Now Kato »

Glyn

No you didn't. You just pointed at Article 126 as if that proved something and then when I actually read the damn thing, realised there had been no obvious contravention and then asked you to tell me which part of Article 126 had been broken...silence.

Article 126 has built in flexibility that enables the EU to respond to events. It is not set in stone. Prove me wrong and tell everybody what the EU has broken in Article 126.

As for Maastricht Treaty Article 123, read paragraph 2. Article 125 talks about specific projects, so WTF has that got to do with bailing out Greece? Even then, paragraph 2 gives the Council flexibility to redefine.

You don't like hypocrisy, eh? You say I sneer but then you do the same to Wilts.

Indeed Glyn.  I posted the relevant section of article 126, (which HA has, as yet, failed to respond to), which clearly shows that the EU did not break any of its rules.  But, sadly, people like HA would rather cling to the lie than admit the truth!  And so he will continue to dig, looking for anything at all that will support his incorrect argument - and of course, will not find it!

As to Greece's membership, and the subsequent bail out - perhaps HA would do well to research what actually happened, and acknowledge that the European Commission initially proposed a ten year pre membership period but were overruled by member states - which again is within the rules.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu-elections-2019/news/eu-country-briefing-greece/

It's clear that HA has a certain hatred of the EU, though it's not clear to me why, as all he states as facts are completely wrong!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #953 on September 13, 2020, 08:23:57 pm by wilts rover »

Did he, I didn't think so?

I think he was deliberately misunderstanding/wrongly comparing the breaking of an International Treaty ratified at the United Nations. with a country not following the rules of an organisation it had signed up to - and the other members of that orgnisation not doing anything about it - and then having a go at other posters for wanting to discuss this rather than the internal workings of an organisation we have left.

Herbert can clairfy if he want's. But I didn't take it as sneering and I don't beiieve he is that type of poster.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #954 on September 13, 2020, 08:27:18 pm by drfchound »
Watching from afar, well said wilts.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #955 on September 13, 2020, 08:28:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I think he was deliberately misunderstanding/wrongly comparing the breaking of an International Treaty ratified at the United Nations. with a country not following the rules of an organisation it had signed up to - and the other members of that orgnisation not doing anything about it - and then having a go at other posters for wanting to discuss this rather than the internal workings of an organisation we have left.

Herbert can clairfy if he want's. But I didn't take it as sneering and I don't beiieve he is that type of poster.

I was thinking of this bit:

You’re clearly a fool who is blind to the truth Wilts. Do you actually understand how the EU works? It really is like banging your head against a brick wall here.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #956 on September 13, 2020, 08:43:35 pm by wilts rover »

I was thinking of this bit:

You’re clearly a fool who is blind to the truth Wilts. Do you actually understand how the EU works? It really is like banging your head against a brick wall here.

Yes that's what I was referring too also. I think we see it differently Glyn.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #957 on September 13, 2020, 10:30:44 pm by drfchound »
  Stop moralising Kato about ripping up agreements, the Germans have been ace at it in the past ask Russia and Chamberlain, them two agreements went wrong big time.

I'm not moralising selby, simply stating the facts - neither more, nor less.

Here are a few more facts for you, what would ‘trading on WTO terms’ mean for the UK?

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/What-would-trading-on-WTO-terms-mean-Long-Guide.pdf

I'm guessing you won't read it though, and I suspect people like Herbert and Hound won't read it either.  Why are people like you so afraid of the truth?

Why are you referring to me NNK?

I’m not so sure why he has said that I am afraid of the truth either.

Quite simple Hound; you have said on a number of occasions that you choose not to read some articles that are posted on here.

Oh, by the way, did you read the article I linked to?

Just seen your above post NNK.
I don’t know why you think that my not reading all of the posts on here makes me afraid of the truth (whatever that is).

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #959 on September 14, 2020, 04:50:26 am by Not Now Kato »
  Stop moralising Kato about ripping up agreements, the Germans have been ace at it in the past ask Russia and Chamberlain, them two agreements went wrong big time.

I'm not moralising selby, simply stating the facts - neither more, nor less.

Here are a few more facts for you, what would ‘trading on WTO terms’ mean for the UK?

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/What-would-trading-on-WTO-terms-mean-Long-Guide.pdf

I'm guessing you won't read it though, and I suspect people like Herbert and Hound won't read it either.  Why are people like you so afraid of the truth?

Why are you referring to me NNK?

I’m not so sure why he has said that I am afraid of the truth either.

Quite simple Hound; you have said on a number of occasions that you choose not to read some articles that are posted on here.

Oh, by the way, did you read the article I linked to?

Just seen your above post NNK.
I don’t know why you think that my not reading all of the posts on here makes me afraid of the truth (whatever that is).

I haven't suggested you don't read all of the posts on here hound, try reading what I wrote again; and then tell me if you read the article I linked to.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012