Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:02:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 94320 times)

Janso

• Forum Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #990 on September 15, 2020, 05:34:54 pm by Janso »
Getting used to losing every vote  Kato?  you and the leader seem a bit muted this morning I must say I expected more of a rant from Billy and you disciples.

Are you advocating breaking the rule of law?

The vote wasn’t about brexit, brexit is happening, so there’s no reason to carry on gloating at something that everyone has accepted. The vote was about not sticking to international agreements, breaking international law on something they were elected on, the WA, the Government has no mandate to be unlawful, our standing in World Affairs has now taken a massive hit, no one will trust us anymore, just like no ine trusts Russia, China and North Korea

He's a very weird bloke who isn't actually arsed about anything other than "lefty tears" and winding people up, regardless of what the thing he's actually purporting to back means for anyone that isn't him personally.

My favourite thing is right wingers calling people on the left of center snowflakes, yet were not the ones doing this - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8731225/Ofcom-complaints-following-Diversitys-BLM-performance-BGT-soar-21-673.html

Yep, I love that too. Anyone but them are snowflakes, yet they're the ones who get most precious when people have a different opinion to theirs. Bizarre logic.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #991 on September 17, 2020, 07:22:37 am by SydneyRover »
I see the headlines stating johnson 'struck a deal with tory rebels' wouldn't it be more accurate to decribe them as whimps, wets or feckless?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #992 on September 17, 2020, 08:52:53 am by Not Now Kato »
Sometimes, you don’t need to be left or right of centre to see the reality of a situation….

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/09/britain-brexit-humbling/616343/

Though, of course, the Brexit Brigade will continue in their unerring quest; just as the EU will stick to their rules and obligations.  The analogy in the above article is both apt and inescapable.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #993 on September 17, 2020, 09:50:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I see the headlines stating johnson 'struck a deal with tory rebels' wouldn't it be more accurate to decribe them as whimps, wets or feckless?

It'd be fascinating to know what dirt the whips have on Bob Neil.

Tuesday he was like "This Bill besmirches Britain's reputation around the Globe and must be stopped."

Weds, after a 1-2-1 with Johnson: "Well if we have an amendment that says Parliament can have the final say on whether to besmirch Britain's reputation around the globe, that's OK."

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #994 on September 17, 2020, 11:02:55 am by SydneyRover »
Sometimes, you don’t need to be left or right of centre to see the reality of a situation….

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/09/britain-brexit-humbling/616343/

Though, of course, the Brexit Brigade will continue in their unerring quest; just as the EU will stick to their rules and obligations.  The analogy in the above article is both apt and inescapable.

Precise, calm and well written, if some of the details since the vote are a little hazy it's well worth a read, thanks Kato

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #995 on September 21, 2020, 10:42:04 pm by selby »
  Wilts a bad day today extended to 2022, when you run a ponzi scheme  with no money you have to have people you can borrow real money from.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #996 on September 21, 2020, 10:52:04 pm by wilts rover »
  Wilts a bad day today extended to 2022, when you run a ponzi scheme  with no money you have to have people you can borrow real money from.

That's good news. So what will happen after June 2022? And what will happen to the clearing houses in June 2022 when the owners of the ponzi scheme are not borrowing their money anymore?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #997 on September 22, 2020, 03:14:19 pm by selby »
  They have to pay an inflated interest because they will still be printing money to cover the southern states debt.
  The populations of the northern states will be really fed up of picking up the tab by then, immigration, massive unemployment in the southern states of the younger generations, and the eastern states and the Irish revolting against being asked to chip in their share instead of standing there with there arms out waiting for the goody bag to be chucked at them, the French will still be trying to fleece everyone and play god,and other states turning against Germany sucking all the best bits out because of a undervalued currency they take advantage of.
  All the best buddy.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #998 on September 22, 2020, 03:36:57 pm by Not Now Kato »
  They have to pay an inflated interest because they will still be printing money to cover the southern states debt.
  The populations of the northern states will be really fed up of picking up the tab by then, immigration, massive unemployment in the southern states of the younger generations, and the eastern states and the Irish revolting against being asked to chip in their share instead of standing there with there arms out waiting for the goody bag to be chucked at them, the French will still be trying to fleece everyone and play god,and other states turning against Germany sucking all the best bits out because of a undervalued currency they take advantage of.
  All the best buddy.

You do talk the most absolute rubbish selby, you really do!  Where on earth do you get it from?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #999 on September 22, 2020, 06:25:27 pm by wilts rover »
  All the best buddy.

But what has that got to do with UK based clearing houses not having access to the EU after 2022?

And when you say 'all the best' is that do with you expecting ordinary workers in the UK to have to pick up the tab for the inevitable tax revenue loss? Thanks for that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1000 on September 22, 2020, 06:25:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  All the best buddy.

You do talk the most absolute rubbish selby, you really do!  Where on earth do you get it from?

A random bloke on the radio usually.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1001 on September 23, 2020, 11:20:25 am by Not Now Kato »
Even selby will understand this....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-23/jpmorgan-to-move-230-billion-assets-to-germany-in-brexit-shift

JPMorgan Chase & Co. is moving about 200 billion euros ($230 billion) from the U.K. to Frankfurt as a result of Britain’s exit from the European Union, a shift that will make it one of the largest banks in Germany.

The U.S. bank plans to finish the migration of the assets to its Frankfurt-based subsidiary by the end of the year, people familiar with the matter said. The change could boost its balance sheet enough to become the country’s sixth-largest bank, based on the assets of the biggest commercial lenders last year.

Among the Biggest Banks
JPMorgan's Germany-based unit will soon be among the Top 10 lenders[/QUOTE

I think it's called 'Taking Back Control', (or something like that - selby will probably be able to explain why it's good for the UK).

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1002 on September 23, 2020, 06:51:04 pm by Not Now Kato »
And then there's Gibraltar, (who voted remain), to think about....

https://twitter.com/GibraltarGov/status/1308356109607018497

Yep, taking back control.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #1003 on September 23, 2020, 06:53:17 pm by Janso »
Spain will probably be taking back control of Gibraltar in the next decade or so.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1005 on September 23, 2020, 08:57:21 pm by Not Now Kato »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1006 on September 23, 2020, 11:23:57 pm by MachoMadness »
Can't wait to get my passport stamped for that Gillingham away day.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1007 on September 23, 2020, 11:43:56 pm by SydneyRover »
In around five years time there'll need to be a Good Friday type agreement to get rid of the borders around Kent ffs

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1008 on September 24, 2020, 07:27:34 am by Donnywolf »
On a serious and for me very worrying note

Liar Johnson said he would sort out the inhumane treatment of animals,

Thousands of such animals are taken to Europe every day to be killed for their meat and what a lovely last journey they must have - cramped and hot and probably unable to even sit down (I dont know because I simply dont want to know)

Now on top of that they face the prospect of being stuck for 24 to 48 hours on the way to dying. What a way to go for them and their death will eventually be a relief to them

Come on Liar Johnson - do something - uphold at least one promise

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1009 on September 24, 2020, 08:55:15 am by Not Now Kato »
On a serious and for me very worrying note

Liar Johnson said he would sort out the inhumane treatment of animals,

Thousands of such animals are taken to Europe every day to be killed for their meat and what a lovely last journey they must have - cramped and hot and probably unable to even sit down (I dont know because I simply dont want to know)

Now on top of that they face the prospect of being stuck for 24 to 48 hours on the way to dying. What a way to go for them and their death will eventually be a relief to them

Come on Liar Johnson - do something - uphold at least one promise

Indeed.  "Under questioning, Gove twice refused to reveal how many of his promised 50,000 ‘customs agents’ – to help businesses prepare for a mountain of new red tape – have been recruited."

But don't worry, the Government will blame it on the EU and the readers of the right wing media will continue to swallow it hook line and sinker!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1010 on September 24, 2020, 08:57:55 am by SydneyRover »
Agreed Wolf it's a pretty obnoxious trade this one happened recently and Australia had some problems a couple of years ago. We are eating less and less meat partly for our health, partly for the planet and partly for the treatment animals suffer.

''New Zealand Halts Live Cattle Shipments After Vessel With 5,800 Cows Sinks
Accident draws attention to the business of trading and shipping livestock around the world; second crew member found alive''

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-zealand-halts-live-cattle-shipments-after-vessel-with-5-800-cows-sinks-11599219050#:~:text=New%20Zealand%20suspended%20shipments%20of,animals%20floating%20in%20the%20sea.

''Death of 2,400 Australian sheep on ship to Middle East sparks investigation

Minister says company’s practices to be examined after livestock exported from Perth die from heat''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/05/disgusting-death-of-2900-australian-sheep-on-ship-to-middle-east-sparks-investigation

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1011 on September 24, 2020, 11:52:26 am by selby »
  Janso, regarding your theory on Gibraltar  if Spain go digging they will get a shock if they do I can assure you of that.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #1012 on September 24, 2020, 05:19:25 pm by Janso »
And what if the people of Gibraltar decide they want to go back to Spanish control? or are only certain groups of people allowed to "take back control"?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1013 on September 24, 2020, 05:43:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
And what if the people of Gibraltar decide they want to go back to Spanish control? or are only certain groups of people allowed to "take back control"?

I suggest you have a look at the last vote Gibraltar had on that issue and think about how likely what you're saying is.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #1014 on September 24, 2020, 07:09:51 pm by Janso »

I suggest you have a look at the last vote Gibraltar had on that issue and think about how likely what you're saying is.

Didn't actually say I thought they would, but Selby is all in favour of sovereignty so I thought I'd put the question to him.

I wasn't being entirely serious in my first post on the matter, but he chose to bite.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1015 on September 24, 2020, 08:10:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Didn't actually say I thought they would, but Selby is all in favour of sovereignty so I thought I'd put the question to him.

I wasn't being entirely serious in my first post on the matter, but he chose to bite.

Good. Keep playing with him. He likes it.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1016 on September 25, 2020, 12:19:14 pm by Not Now Kato »
Just in case anyone has forgotten....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIpT58Oxd-A

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1017 on September 25, 2020, 01:46:10 pm by SydneyRover »
fmd, haven't seen that one it's a gobsmacker ......... I can feel the love and warmth of little Britain already.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1018 on September 25, 2020, 02:46:13 pm by Donnywolf »

Sorry I made it only to 30 seconds. Cant stand that - its like Bullseye with Jim Bowen saying "look what you could have won"

However in reality we could / would never have won even with a Govt of national unity.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1019 on September 25, 2020, 03:56:21 pm by Not Now Kato »

Sorry I made it only to 30 seconds. Cant stand that - its like Bullseye with Jim Bowen saying "look what you could have won"

However in reality we could / would never have won even with a Govt of national unity.

Indeed mate, but the gullible fell for it hook line and sinker.  Daftest part though is that there are them that still believe it!

Meanwhile, a friend showed me his new passport....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012