Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:44:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mark Duffy on his way out.  (Read 18112 times)

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
Re: Mark Duffy on his way out.
« Reply #60 on June 18, 2014, 02:14:25 pm by drfc-steve »
I dunno. I thought I'd picked it up somewhere. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Apology accepted.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 18, 2014, 02:19:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So you ARE still a Rovers fan? Sorry that I was wrong then.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 18, 2014, 02:23:09 pm by drfc-steve »
Obviously. While ever you still care about the club, you are still a supporter.

Here's to some good away days next year  :scarf:

DonnyRed1992

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 18, 2014, 02:56:48 pm by DonnyRed1992 »
Disappointed but we move on.

At least with the takeover saga apparently sorted we can start getting new faces in.

We can't end up like we did in that friendly when even Saunders had to come on!

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 18, 2014, 03:30:40 pm by RedArmy »
Mark Duffy was w**k except his free kick vs Yeovil he did nothing for his club, only thig I'm gutted about is we didn't get anything for him, pay money for a player but offer him a clause to leave for free if we go down that is certainly not how to run a football club, literally throwing money away.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 18, 2014, 05:30:18 pm by eastender »
  I knew he wasn't going to stay,he wasn't happy with being used as a bit part player but I have to admit I didn't realise he could leave for nothing...That is ridiculous on our part...

Not happy at being a bit part player.... well i can't see him starting in front of a fit Chris Burke , so he'd better be prepared for another season of sulking.  :byebye:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 18, 2014, 05:36:24 pm by Wild Rover »
Chris Burke is leaving Brum.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 18, 2014, 05:41:39 pm by eastender »
Chris Burke is leaving Brum.
Ah , so a poor mans replacement it is then , preparing for L1 .  :)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 18, 2014, 05:43:27 pm by wilts rover »
Can't let contracted assets go for free. Terrible by the club. That should be a clause for players like Wellens. No value, highe wages.

Shhh apparently "it's the norm" and not amateur/poor  :laugh:

It's shocking!

Go on. I'm going to go against my better judgement and indulge you.

In an era where players hold the whip hand in negotiations, how do you suggest that we sign them in the first place if they insist on release clauses?

The amount with the clause in (I'll put apparently... You'll see it's true over the coming days/weeks) shows me it's more of a club policy.

The way people are defending it is as though they were the only players available and every player at every club has the same clause! That's not the case.

It's poor showing this from our club I am afraid, although we've seen it before with out of contract players previously, so we shouldn't be surprised. Still a kick in the teeth though. Especially when these players are actually under contract.

A kick in the teeth for who? The bloke who agreed his contract and will be responsible for agreeing the contract of his replacement?

And the uproar over Chris Brown? From the people who think he doesnt score enough and the 'system' we play with him in the team is wrong?

If they nor anyone else dont want to play for Rovers on the wages they are offered stuff 'em. They got us relegated.

It certainly doesnt matter to anyone else, including you. From the posts you have made in the three weeks you have been on this forum you appear to think you run the club, the forum and the VSC.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 18, 2014, 06:44:42 pm by drfc1951 »
What do you expect from Rob Ghosh?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 18, 2014, 06:48:06 pm by wilts rover »
Nah cant be Rob Gosh, he has said he doesnt want to be a part of this forum and I cant imagine him lying/being untruthful/making things up? Can you?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 18, 2014, 06:57:43 pm by Drover »
  I knew he wasn't going to stay,he wasn't happy with being used as a bit part player

Maybe he should have performed as more than a f***ing bit part player then. He showed occasional flashes, but overall, he was a big disappointment. Went missing at crucial times. If his response is to jump ship then f*** him, and Birmingham are welcome to him.

Also,don't forget,by their standards Birmingham were shit last season and I believe with a substantially bigger budget than ours.Don't think he will be pulling up trees there.We shall see in 6-12 months.The one advantage of league one is we can get/bring in decent players for less wages etc than in the championship.

Why go for the cheaper options, we have new owners that are "prepared to put their money where their mouth is"

Not sure if you are serious Filo or if you are having a snipe at previous or new owners??

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 18, 2014, 07:02:34 pm by The Red Baron »
To me, this Duffy business shows the need to build a squad that is capable of getting us up and then keeping us there. Otherwise we're going to be in this situation all the time and we'll be starting every other season with practically a new squad.

I know it isn't what people want to hear- and it certainly doesn't fit with JR's message- but a year of consolidation and rebuilding would do us no harm at all.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 18, 2014, 07:32:21 pm by CraigyBoy »
He is going with money. Who's surprised? What would you do? For anyone thinking that football players really care about the fans, club, and the burger van, you're idiots.

football is moving faster than the fans. It's a game about money. That's all. Don't like it? Watch.....erm.......there isn't an alternative.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 18, 2014, 07:37:02 pm by The Red Baron »
He is going with money. Who's surprised? What would you do? For anyone thinking that football players really care about the fans, club, and the burger van, you're idiots.

football is moving faster than the fans. It's a game about money. That's all. Don't like it? Watch.....erm.......there isn't an alternative.

I think quite a few care about the burger van. At least some of those we've had over the years seem to care about it a lot. ;-)

Duffy moving to another club in a higher league for a few more bob is something I accept as a fact of life. What rankles is that we don't even get back what we paid for him.

I suppose the only "bright side" of him going for free is that Scunny won't get a sell-on!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on June 18, 2014, 07:40:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I couldn't care less about a footballer exercising his contractual rights. Good luck to him.

What sticks in the throat is reports of him babbying that he was badly treated, when the truth is that he was nowhere near good enough to get into a relegation side.

So f**k him.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 18, 2014, 07:47:25 pm by Ian Nimmo »
I can assure you all now Cottrell is also gone.

Seems Cotterill was in Bristol yesterday discussing terms.

no great surprise after the revelation of his divorce and his kids living in wales.

Cotterill has personal issues and I would be surprised if he wanted to remain in Doncaster, think it a safe bet he will not be at rovers next year, and quite frankly I do not think he would be any loss

Bit of a drop down to the Conference though, eh? I think he can still easily do a job at this level.

;)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 18, 2014, 08:09:48 pm by Dare to dream! »
Ino there's alot of fans angry towards me, but honestly I gave my all in every game, if u came the game's use would all know that. Towards

The end I wasn't treated fairly, which made a very tough decision over the summer slightly easier. Hope the true fans understand this.

Duffy's tweets

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 18, 2014, 08:11:07 pm by CraigyBoy »
I couldn't care less about a footballer exercising his contractual rights. Good luck to him.

What sticks in the throat is reports of him babbying that he was badly treated, when the truth is that he was nowhere near good enough to get into a relegation side.

So f*** him.

I'll agree totally, but where's your proof he said anything other than "I love cucumbers. In fact, I love them so much that I'm going to eat one before each match and demand there's a fresh cucumber on my rider at every match/gig (the two merge for me)"? Who knows really what he's thinking? Does he holiday in Ibiza, or does he find spiritual awakening in Goa? Is he the second re-incarnation of Jesus? Big questions..... and we don't really know any more than the fact we've all got to get up tomorrow and go to work for a boss we'd all rather shit on.

Football is mega important....

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 18, 2014, 08:14:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bad timing CraigyBoy...

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 18, 2014, 08:16:16 pm by CraigyBoy »
Story of my life

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 18, 2014, 08:18:21 pm by RedJ »
Ino there's alot of fans angry towards me, but honestly I gave my all in every game, if u came the game's use would all know that. Towards

The end I wasn't treated fairly, which made a very tough decision over the summer slightly easier. Hope the true fans understand this.

Duffy's tweets

He thinks he wasn't treated fairly cos he got dropped for playing shit? bless him.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 18, 2014, 09:00:26 pm by GazLaz »
The parting shot is a disgrace. Little, ginger, scouse prick.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 18, 2014, 09:03:32 pm by silent majority »
Are you sure it wasn't the club that exercised it's clause in the contract??

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 18, 2014, 09:13:06 pm by steve@dcfd »

If you know more, may be it was realised he was a good league 1 player but at championship was below average. If we can get better in our position we will have to wait and see. Also PD will have to show he can get the best out players in an attacking role.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 18, 2014, 09:35:21 pm by DonnyNoel »
The parting shot is a disgrace. Little, ginger, scouse prick.

Agreed. Leaving a L1 club for a Championship club is understandable so why throw cheap shots in. He was premier league in March and Sunday league in April so don't see how he's been treated unfairly. Could have been a useful L1 player but don't think his lack of end product will be missed.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 18, 2014, 09:55:14 pm by GazLaz »

He said it was his decision to make.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 18, 2014, 10:05:09 pm by boro_rover »
Losing Duffy is no great shakes. He hardly pulled up any trees did he!? He appeared a good signing looking at his record before he joined us.
He wasn't good enough to get in our side when we were struggling. He had enough opportunities, but never took them.
I won't miss him at all.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 18, 2014, 10:08:30 pm by Dare to dream! »
Think some of us might be a but sour when rembering his performences

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 18, 2014, 10:09:49 pm by boro_rover »

Think some of us might be a but sour when rembering his performences

Like when? A free kick against Yeovil that the keeper should have saved?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012