Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:49:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: questions you would ask Paul Dickov...  (Read 8730 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
questions you would ask Paul Dickov...
« on September 17, 2014, 09:48:10 am by wing commander »
Heres mine...

1,Why wont you play Liam Wakefield,he gives us so much more options going forward..

2,Why haven't you got hold of Richie Wellens and ask him why he bottles it every time he has chance to shoot and lays it off...

3,What do you see in either Tyson/Robinson that doesn't get you running into the loan market..

4,Why are you not spending hours on the training ground getting players to learn how to cross a football,something I believe is a pretty basic requirement..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: questions you would ask Paul Dickov...
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2014, 09:50:02 am by Dare to dream! »
Why did you insit on playing Wellens last season when he was injured?

Why keep playing 4-4-2 away last season?

Why not settle for a point against Reading?

Why do you constantly badger the fourth official?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2014, 09:54:45 am by Filo »
What has De Val done wrong to be dropped

What has Wellens shown you to justify him taking De Vals place

Why does Steer insist on punching when catching is easier

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2014, 10:04:11 am by RJHeader »

I'll answer that one. He's better

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2014, 10:05:37 am by RJHeader »
Why do you have a reluctance to make subs, even though you say how confident you are in the clubs younger players and how much potential they have?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2014, 10:07:45 am by Filo »

He hasn't shown it since he discovered no other team wanted him.

For me you should be picked on current form, not past reputations

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2014, 10:09:40 am by GazLaz »
How do you manage to remain so positive when you are working with your hands tied so strongly?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2014, 10:11:38 am by GazLaz »

He hasn't shown it since he discovered no other team wanted him.

For me you should be picked on current form, not past reputations

The blokes 30 odd years old and he didn't have a proper pre season. Expecting him to come in and run the show straight away is impossible. He needs the game time though.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2014, 10:16:41 am by wing commander »
  He needs to start taking responsibility as a senior pro..Those lay off last night when he should have shot were abysmal...

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2014, 10:25:05 am by bobjimwilly »
Every match I've seen De Val play he's looked a very good player. Didn't he play the majority of the game when we beat Watford?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 17, 2014, 10:34:04 am by Filo »
Every match I've seen De Val play he's looked a very good player. Didn't he play the majority of the game when we beat Watford?

Thats my point, we looked pretty decent in midfield when De Val played, he's now been dropped for a player that is reluctantly here and isn't performing anywhere near the levels we expect from him, if I was De Val I'd be pretty pissed off. Having said that, the obvious change to make last night was to bring Keegan off, the defence didn't need that protection of a deep sitting holding player, Crawley offered nothing, De Val for Keegan would have given us more creativity

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 17, 2014, 10:34:22 am by RJHeader »
  He needs to start taking responsibility as a senior pro..Those lay off last night when he should have shot were abysmal...

I cant remember Wellens ever really shooting in that position though. Thats not just this season, its all his career!

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 17, 2014, 10:37:03 am by RJHeader »

Thats my point, we looked pretty decent in midfield when De Val played, he's now been dropped for a player that is reluctantly here and isn't performing anywhere near the levels we expect from him, if I was De Val I'd be pretty pissed off. Having said that, the obvious change to make last night was to bring Keegan off, the defence didn't need that protection of a deep sitting holding player, Crawley offered nothing, De Val for Keegan would have given us more creativity

Refer to Gaz's point on lack of pre season. Do you think Wellens would of played in that Scunny Reserve game if he was fully 100% fit? Your insistance that Wellens is the problem with us playing poor is laughable really IMO

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 17, 2014, 10:46:00 am by Filo »

Refer to Gaz's point on lack of pre season. Do you think Wellens would of played in that Scunny Reserve game if he was fully 100% fit? Your insistance that Wellens is the problem with us playing poor is laughable really IMO

Why is it laughable? It's a fact that our performances were more fluid before Wellens came back into the fold, don't get me wrong, I'm a big admirer of Wellens and what he can do, he's just not at the races at the moment, and if that is due to the lack of game time during pre season theres only one person responsible for that and that his Wellens himself for touting himself around, if he's not match ready stick him in the development squad until he is and play some one who has had a full pre season and done well so far

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 17, 2014, 10:46:55 am by bobjimwilly »
Keegan could have come off, Theo could have come off, a change could and should have been made, even if just to bring a pair of fresh legs on. There was literally no point in Theo being on the pitch last night, and most of us figured this out after 60 minutes.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 17, 2014, 10:49:37 am by ravenrover »
When you find the pen will you write THAT LETTER

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 17, 2014, 10:53:02 am by RJHeader »

Why is it laughable? It's a fact that our performances were more fluid before Wellens came back into the fold, don't get me wrong, I'm a big admirer of Wellens and what he can do, he's just not at the races at the moment, and if that is due to the lack of game time during pre season theres only one person responsible for that and that his Wellens himself for touting himself around, if he's not match ready stick him in the development squad until he is and play some one who has had a full pre season and done well so far

Port Vale? Oldham? York? More fluid in those performances were we?

You cant blame the Bristol City performance on Wellens can you?

Never made it to Colchester/Watford where ive heard we were very good, but point being Wellens isnt the reason for the downfall. He wasnt that poor last night, not 100% but nowhere near as bad as Robinson etc.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 17, 2014, 10:54:04 am by RJHeader »
Keegan could have come off, Theo could have come off, a change could and should have been made, even if just to bring a pair of fresh legs on. There was literally no point in Theo being on the pitch last night, and most of us figured this out after 60 minutes.

Think a lot said the same after 15 minutes against Bristol City!

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 17, 2014, 10:58:02 am by raggytash »
Will you f**k off asap

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 17, 2014, 10:58:58 am by nice one rovers »
Dapper Dan or Fop?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 17, 2014, 11:09:01 am by Colin C No.3 »
Where do you see yourself this time next season?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 17, 2014, 12:41:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What does Brian Horton do?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 17, 2014, 12:59:02 pm by andyst79 »
Beat me too it there Baz!

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 17, 2014, 01:12:33 pm by Scooter »

I'm glad someone else has noticed this!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 17, 2014, 01:30:14 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Do you do any training with the team on shape and movement both defensively and offensively?

If so why is this the result surely your not wanting this type of performance?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 17, 2014, 01:32:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
You have won consecutive league games only once at our club and that was last season. Before that it was November 2012 when you were at Oldham (vs Hartlepool and Shrewsbury). Do you think consistency might be an area worth looking at?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 17, 2014, 02:13:50 pm by pib »
What do the players actually do on the training ground?

Do you actually give specific instructions to the players in preparation for each game, or do you just pick an XI and hope for the best?

How do you always manage to find someone or something else to blame for your own shortcomings? Have you ever put your hands up and held yourself culpable for anything?

What do you think you gain from spending 90 minutes each week screaming into the faces of the officials?

Why does nothing you say in interviews and press conferences ever translate into what actually happens on the pitch?

Why do you tell so many lies in the media?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 17, 2014, 02:25:05 pm by ravenrover »
What do the players actually do on the training ground?

Do you actually give specific instructions to the players in preparation for each game, or do you just pick an XI and hope for the best?

How do you always manage to find someone or something else to blame for your own shortcomings? Have you ever put your hands up and held yourself culpable for anything?

What do you think you gain from spending 90 minutes each week screaming into the faces of the officials?

Why does nothing you say in interviews and press conferences ever translate into what actually happens on the pitch?

Why do you tell so many lies in the media?

I know he is vertically challenged but could you really ask that question? :)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 17, 2014, 02:31:42 pm by Not Now Kato »
Why do you constantly badger the fourth official  - he can't change anything?

If I keep asking you this question, do you think you'll eventually get the message?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 17, 2014, 04:33:40 pm by glosterred »
For me there is one simple question

Why did you not resign after the shocking performance by your team against Stevenage in the FA Cup last year?

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012