Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 01:52:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS  (Read 28265 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS
« Reply #30 on January 12, 2015, 08:28:04 pm by IDM »
Why not make the 2 sections behind the goal unreserved and mark season ticket holders seats as  reserved and let people sit in any unreserved seat

I don't disagree with that - am sure that used to happen decades ago at BV?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 12, 2015, 08:29:59 pm by Northants Nomad »
I don't get this "I'm not going to renew" thing.

So what will you do? Not go to the Keepmoat? Never go watch Rovers again? Go to another ground and watch another team? Buy a season ticket at Glandford Park?

Or will you just buy tickets when you want to go at about twice the price?

Of course, if I want to throw a hand grenade in, I could say "at least there'll be fewer moaners in the KM next season", but I wouldn't say that...honest!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 12, 2015, 08:32:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
It's a good idea in principle, but the atmosphere doesn't improve automatically. The Club have to show the fans that there is something to cling to other than sustainability. As with the situation with Sam, we have a bit of good news but then it's usually followed by bad, something along the lines of 2 steps forward and 3 steps backward, with the general trend being downwards.

I myself visit infrequently now and I've noticed how much emptier the stadium is these days. To reverse that trend it will take more than this gesture of making the SS unreserved. What the missing thousands want to see is a Club trying to move forwards - not be content to stagnate so long as it doesn't cost the earth.

There is a massive amount of work to be done imho.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 12, 2015, 08:32:55 pm by SLO@DRFC »
The club has not taken this decision lightly, it was a result of consultation from fans via the Match-day Atmosphere fan panel that took place last month.

These panels were not exclusive and were open to anyone to attend and put their view forward.

Obviously we will report all feedback back to the club but its worth remembering that the Match-day atmosphere at the Keepmoat Stadium has been something heavily criticised in the last few seasons and the club has taken this decision to improve it and further improve the overall match-day experience, it is not the club's will or desire to hinder anybody's experience.

Sorry but you are somewhat deluded because only a very small minority of fans would have been involved in the fan panel.
There will only be a better atmosphere when fans are given something to shout about, and the way this club is going, this will be a long way off.
Maybe the club are happy to have smoke bombs let off at every game!

We understand your frustration, but we are only trying to explain the rationale behind the decision. The Fan Panels were publicised on here, the official site and other media channels to ensure that all fans could attend and air their views.

Last month the club put this article on the official site reference the fan panel which included this:

Touch points covered by the panel for development included the matchday atmosphere, making the South Stand an unreserved singing section, incentivising migration to the South Stand and improving the matchday offering to centralise it around Keepmoat Stadium.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/irwt-fan-panel-2140062.aspx#YA5e45MMP6eiGkyH.99

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 12, 2015, 08:34:02 pm by 1879Rovers »
With the South Stand always so tightly congested this could cause problems.  ;)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 12, 2015, 08:34:24 pm by elmsallrover »
Will a big cup game or leauge game vs leeds utd be unreserved seating

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 12, 2015, 08:36:51 pm by IDM »

I would think so - control the sales for segregation, as they do now - then where the fans actually sit is irrelevant?

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 12, 2015, 08:37:43 pm by Northants Nomad »

Why not? They'll sell x number of tickets for that number of seats. If you get in early, you will have a choice of sitting anywhere. If you get in late, you'll take what's left. It's what we do at away games, unless the stewards then demand we sit in our allocated ticket number, which usually results in people moaning a bucketful...oh, hang on.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 12, 2015, 08:43:26 pm by Ian Nimmo »

Why not? They'll sell x number of tickets for that number of seats. If you get in early, you will have a choice of sitting anywhere. If you get in late, you'll take what's left. It's what we do at away games, unless the stewards then demand we sit in our allocated ticket number, which usually results in people moaning a bucketful...oh, hang on.

And that why at Leicester my family could not see parts of the pitch, because people were stood in the isle!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 12, 2015, 08:46:06 pm by IDM »
Standing in the isle is a different issue...

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 12, 2015, 08:56:33 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Good idea but poorly implemented - AGAIN!

I have a season ticket in corner of south stand and had it since we moved to KM - I take my little lad and a couple of his mates.  We don't make it to every game, but I know I've got my seats with my mates and the people around us are very friendly and tone their behavior to the kids when I take them.  If its unreserved  then I could have any numpty shouting abuse near the kids, the benefit of the season ticket is gone.  I'll pick and chose which games I go to (probably be less as I've not paid up front).  Donny you've potentially just lost 2 adults, 3 kids and a couple of senior season ticket holders.
Why not make the 2 sections behind the goal unreserved and mark season ticket holders seats as  reserved and let people sit in any unreserved seat

Its too much like hard work and requires a bit of forethought

although unreserved is  a good idea but yet again its poorly implemented and no real thought gone behind it, I've been at it all day!!!! 

The affected people should have been contacted prior its as simple as that

Anyway perhaps someone can answer

1. When was the first Fans panel held ( I do not mean vsc or drsg  or supporters clubs  individual meetings with the club)  I mean fans panels

2, How many  Fans panels have been held?

3, Was the majority the same people attending each meeting?

4, Have any minutes of these meetings  been published anywhere or are they private?

5, How many people whether Drsg/vsc/supporters club/ individuals attended each meeting.

6, Were the Fan Panels advertised anywhere else but online?

There you go for starters that shouldn't be too hard to answer
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:58:56 pm by Dagenham Rover »

kenrockrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 12, 2015, 09:22:08 pm by kenrockrover »
What is the real problem the South Stand is never full or even Half full, unless a big club comes to town.  sometimes everyone has to move with the times , as written earlier in a post nobody complained about Belle Vue viewing unless you had a tall person in front of you , what did you do move , this will give a chance for the famous very Quiet unless we are winning singing section to be collective possibly, I'm in the SW Corner & thats sparcely occupied ,we would poss enjoy your company next season lol 

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 12, 2015, 09:23:13 pm by SLO@DRFC »

I have a season ticket in corner of south stand and had it since we moved to KM - I take my little lad and a couple of his mates.  We don't make it to every game, but I know I've got my seats with my mates and the people around us are very friendly and tone their behavior to the kids when I take them.  If its unreserved  then I could have any numpty shouting abuse near the kids, the benefit of the season ticket is gone.  I'll pick and chose which games I go to (probably be less as I've not paid up front).  Donny you've potentially just lost 2 adults, 3 kids and a couple of senior season ticket holders.

although unreserved is  a good idea but yet again its poorly implemented and no real thought gone behind it, I've been at it all day!!!! 

1. When was the first Fans panel held ( I do not mean vsc or drsg  or supporters clubs  individual meetings with the club)  I mean fans panels

4, Have any minutes of these meetings  been published anywhere or are they private?

5, How many people whether Drsg/vsc/supporters club/ individuals attended each meeting.

We'll try our best Daggers.

1. Fan Panel was originally scheduled for 11th October but was postponed due to the Notts County also being postponed and was rescheduled for 21st.

2. The Second one took place at the beginning of December and then again on 22nd. So 3 in total.

3. We never attended as SLOs so don't know the make up in terms of numbers.

4. Yes, both on here and on the official site there has been feedback provided which did say an unreserved south stand was discussed.

5. The VSC had reps at all 3, the DRSG attended 2 and we believe the Supporters Club attended 1 with 'independent' fans also in attendance.

6. The Fan Panels were advertised in the match-day programme as well as on-line, they were posted on here and fans encouraged to come forward and let their opinions be known.

Some links for you with info on fan panels which should back up what we have put:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/irwt-fan-panel-2140062.aspx

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=249390.0

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/positive-news-from-the-fan-panel-2162314.aspx

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/fan-panels-dates-announced-1883372.aspx

Thanks

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 12, 2015, 09:41:13 pm by Dagenham Rover »

We'll try our best Daggers.

1. Fan Panel was originally scheduled for 11th October but was postponed due to the Notts County also being postponed and was rescheduled for 21st.

2. The Second one took place at the beginning of December and then again on 22nd. So 3 in total.

3. We never attended as SLOs so don't know the make up in terms of numbers.

4. Yes, both on here and on the official site there has been feedback provided which did say an unreserved south stand was discussed.

5. The VSC had reps at all 3, the DRSG attended 2 and we believe the Supporters Club attended 1 with 'independent' fans also in attendance.

6. The Fan Panels were advertised in the match-day programme as well as on-line, they were posted on here and fans encouraged to come forward and let their opinions be known.

Some links for you with info on fan panels which should back up what we have put:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/irwt-fan-panel-2140062.aspx

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=249390.0

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/positive-news-from-the-fan-panel-2162314.aspx

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/fan-panels-dates-announced-1883372.aspx

Thanks
I certainly won't dispute what you are saying but

I don't buy a programe anymore and I don't go online was it at the very least announced to all at the stadium?

Yeh I know I'm being fecicious but half a dozen people people at 3 meetings with 4/5 of them being the same people come on anybody could work out that outcome!

the last meeting on the 22/23/Dec allow for Christmas  etc even allow the 5th Jan back at work for everyone, the club have had ample time to attempt to contact anybody affected yet again as I say and my  biggest criticism really (apart from having to pay more ) good plan very badly initiated yet again with no real thought to the effects it would have on some supporters due to disability's or whatever

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 12, 2015, 10:31:54 pm by Draytonian III »
If your sat in the South stand and people in front of you continue to stand and spoil your view are you supposed to get into an argument or discussion about this. NOT everyone will do this in a proper manner,  there will be confrontations as there is at some away matches. It will drive people away, will it bring a "wall of noise " ? I for one don't think so, at every away match I've ever been too the away fans always sing more than the home fans ALWAYS

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 12, 2015, 10:37:44 pm by Muttley »
Why not make just the two centre sections of the South Stand unallocated and let season ticket holders take specific seats in the side sections.

Or have the top 10(?) rows of all sections unallocated?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 12, 2015, 10:44:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Why not make just the two centre sections of the South Stand unallocated and let season ticket holders take specific seats in the side sections.

Or have the top 10(?) rows of all sections unallocated?

Yep been suggested but apparently too many problems, what I haven't a clue it seems logical to me, but hey half a dozen people have had 3 meetings with the club and decided  ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 12, 2015, 10:46:05 pm by RobTheRover »
i am with you and watto nimmo, and the group around us

I sit 4 rows behind you,there will be no problem getting seats there every match.

Then I sit 3 rows behind you,  and I certainly expect to be able to sit there every match too. 

Without wishing to belittle anyone's concerns,  I suspect they aren't justified to the extent people are making them out to be (with the odd exception).

Could the club have done more to inform STH's affected before announcing this? Yes.

Will this pan out to be as bad as some people think?  Probably not.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 12, 2015, 10:49:48 pm by Filo »

I sit 4 rows behind you,there will be no problem getting seats there every match.

Then I sit 3 rows behind you,  and I certainly expect to be able to sit there every match too. 

Without wishing to belittle anyone's concerns,  I suspect they aren't justified to the extent people are making them out to be (with the odd exception).

Could the club have done more to inform STH's affected before announcing this? Yes.

Without a doubt yes, it does n't affect me but I sympathise with the people that it does affect, a great initiative let down again by extremely poor execution and communication

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 12, 2015, 10:51:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Without a doubt yes, it does n't affect me but I sympathise with the people that it does affect, a great initiative let down again by extremely poor execution and communication

Well said Filo

islerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 12, 2015, 11:16:13 pm by islerover »
Why do we have all these pathetic fans panels and irwt rubbish because at the end of the day the club will do what they want and if you think moving twenty people from the west stand will create an atmosphere you are deluded

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 12, 2015, 11:20:44 pm by godlike1 »

Eh? I don't get your point? You could have that at any game and potentially every game if they are season ticket holders too

But........... You would be stuck there for the season due to the hassle involved in changing

This way you, your son, friends etc can just move easily away from them, and with our poor attendances will be able to choose most of the stand to go to instead

The problem I can see with this is that if you do have a favourite view/seat, you are no longer guaranteed that unless you change to another stand where you can pay for a ticket and allocated seat

It's not the worst decision the club has ever made and has been quite thought out I think, it will almost be like going to an away game where you will stand (sorry sit) where you want and with who you want and so improve both the experience and atmosphere potentially

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 13, 2015, 08:13:26 am by IDM »
How the hell did we ever manage at BV when you needed to arrive early enough to secure your favourite spot?  What has changed so much???

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 13, 2015, 08:31:40 am by STABNASTY »
I have a block of 12  seats in the SS directly behind the goal on row j , k and l. These are 3 rows of 4 and were picked so my kids who were toddlers when we moved to the Keepmoat had no one infront of them (at the top of the first flight of stairs). There  are also have 3 row ends for my Dad and his mates who come who are all in their 70's and have trouble with their legs and prefer the freedom the aisle seat gives them to stretch their legs. There is no way we would get the same by moving stands where we are all together and my kids get the view they have now and you can bet your bottom dollar not all those seats would be empty if we turned up 20 minutes before KO. If we get there 15 minutes before KO there are always people sat in them.
This initiative in theory may create a better atmosphere but as others have said it is also putting people out. Seats at Belle Vue had a reserved sticker on them, why not allow anyone who wants to keep their seat do so at the higher price and put a sticker on it. How hard can it be. Surely it wouldnt be too hard to look at doing this and keep everyone happy.
My son and hias friend who is in our group are in the Development squad and i can get adult tickets for £10 each and their tickets are free. I don't do this as I want to keep my own piece of plastic and would rather pay far more for the privilege. If it stays as it is thats 12 season tickets and revenue lost for the club. I will still attend games as I have since 1978 ( i have had a season ticket 20 years) but will only pay around £230 per season at most if I attend every single game which due to other commitments I won't.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 13, 2015, 09:04:35 am by RJHeader »

[/quote]
 I certainly won't dispute what you are saying but

I don't buy a programe anymore and I don't go online was it at the very least announced to all at the stadium?

Yeh I know I'm being fecicious but half a dozen people people at 3 meetings with 4/5 of them being the same people come on anybody could work out that outcome!

the last meeting on the 22/23/Dec allow for Christmas  etc even allow the 5th Jan back at work for everyone, the club have had ample time to attempt to contact anybody affected yet again as I say and my  biggest criticism really (apart from having to pay more ) good plan very badly initiated yet again with no real thought to the effects it would have on some supporters due to disability's or whatever
[/quote]

If it did get announced no doubt you would of claimed you never heard it.

The Fan Panels were mentioned on here a hell of a lot. They were mentioned on the FB group, they were in the programme, they were on the website. The club can't do much more than that.

Do you expect them to come knock on your door and have a little chat with you personally about it?
SM has told you, you can ring up and special treatment will be given if you have to sit in certain position because of whatever illness you have.

Like someone mentioned above, 3 of my mates who havent had an ST in previous years will be buying next season. Dont be so pathetic to not renew because you'll have to turn up 10 mins earlier to get your seat. Its not like we ever sell over 8000/9000 tickets anymore anyway!

Excellent idea by Rovers, well done to all involved. I suppose you cant please all of the people all of the time!!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 13, 2015, 09:07:33 am by bobjimwilly »
There are less than 300 season ticket holders in the south stand, which is about 7% of total season ticket holders, so, playing devils advocate, it's only affecting a small percent of STHs.  Of course this move could have been communicated better, I think even the club would admit that.

I would recommend any STH's in the south stand with concerns email the club, for example if you still want to allocate seats but have issues with the price difference between the south and east/west stands.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 13, 2015, 09:10:57 am by IDM »
Seats at Belle Vue had a reserved sticker on them, why not allow anyone who wants to keep their seat do so at the higher price and put a sticker on it. How hard can it be. Surely it wouldnt be too hard to look at doing this and keep everyone happy.

I don't disagree with this at all. 

I think though, as with all changes, it will take time to settle down. Some folks will be more put put than others.  I face a small price rise for early bird renewal of the seat I use now - you clearly have a bigger issue than many.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 13, 2015, 09:36:27 am by Dagenham Rover »

If it did get announced no doubt you would of claimed you never heard it.

The Fan Panels were mentioned on here a hell of a lot. They were mentioned on the FB group, they were in the programme, they were on the website. The club can't do much more than that.

Do you expect them to come knock on your door and have a little chat with you personally about it?
SM has told you, you can ring up and special treatment will be given if you have to sit in certain position because of whatever illness you have.

Like someone mentioned above, 3 of my mates who havent had an ST in previous years will be buying next season. Dont be so pathetic to not renew because you'll have to turn up 10 mins earlier to get your seat. Its not like we ever sell over 8000/9000 tickets anymore anyway!

Excellent idea by Rovers, well done to all involved. I suppose you cant please all of the people all of the time!!

Where the hell have I said I will not renew I haven't. I haven't even been close to saying that.

I am not disputing it was advertised on here or wherever I asked was it announced at the stadium?

and as I said if you get the same half a dozen people going to 3 meetings looking for the same answer that is the answer you will get.

What I am saying along with many others is that yet again the club have come up with a pretty good idea and then scored a ruddy great own goal by lack of communication. They have had plenty of time to to contact season ticket holders affected by p letter and ask them to contact the club if they have any issues.

BJW says 7% of season ticket holders are affected  7% of 5000 is 350, so 350 letters sent out after the last  fans meeting when it was decided to take this course could have stopped all this and people with any issues about it could have contacted the club prior

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 13, 2015, 09:50:58 am by bobjimwilly »
BJW says 7% of season ticket holders are affected  7% of 5000 is 350, so 350 letters sent out after the last  fans meeting when it was decided to take this course could have stopped all this and people with any issues about it could have contacted the club prior

Sorry, just to clarify I'd worked it out to be 7%. The number of STH's in the South Stand is about 290. I was under the impression the club would be contacting individuals affected. Maybe this just hasn't happened yet, I don't know.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 13, 2015, 10:01:04 am by RJHeader »
Apologies, that was aimed at those who said they wouldnt renew!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012