Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:37:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS  (Read 28211 times)

timdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS
« Reply #60 on January 13, 2015, 10:07:00 am by timdrfc »
Can't understand why the club have caved in to the moaners who want unreserved seating. With the amount attending matches surely those wishing to sit anywhere could quite easily with the usual 9,000 empty seats available at most games.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 13, 2015, 10:22:13 am by anton123 »
It's about getting a big bunch or people together with the same aim to create an atmosphere , there will be lots of spare seats around for people who want to sit down all game n be quiet , it's up to them don't see a problem with it n the stadium will hopefully be rocking again next year RTID

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 13, 2015, 10:53:33 am by Dagenham Rover »
BJW says 7% of season ticket holders are affected  7% of 5000 is 350, so 350 letters sent out after the last  fans meeting when it was decided to take this course could have stopped all this and people with any issues about it could have contacted the club prior

Sorry, just to clarify I'd worked it out to be 7%. The number of STH's in the South Stand is about 290. I was under the impression the club would be contacting individuals affected. Maybe this just hasn't happened yet, I don't know.

Even more reason for them to have contacted affected people earlier and saved all this crap  ;)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 13, 2015, 11:02:36 am by Jenny »
Good idea but poorly implemented - AGAIN!

I have a season ticket in corner of south stand and had it since we moved to KM - I take my little lad and a couple of his mates.  We don't make it to every game, but I know I've got my seats with my mates and the people around us are very friendly and tone their behavior to the kids when I take them.  If its unreserved  then I could have any numpty shouting abuse near the kids, the benefit of the season ticket is gone.  I'll pick and chose which games I go to (probably be less as I've not paid up front).  Donny you've potentially just lost 2 adults, 3 kids and a couple of senior season ticket holders.

If you are worried about how people behave around your kids then go buy season tickets in the family stand?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 13, 2015, 11:05:18 am by Dagenham Rover »
Apologies, that was aimed at those who said they wouldnt renew!

Accepted

as I say the real argument is how its been implemented without full consideration to the reasons it may or may not affect people So lets just say for example it may not affect 250 of the present season ticket holders that leaves 40 that it does affect  in various ways (BJW figures on SS season ticket holders) it could have all been nipped in the bud by the simple process of sending 290 letters out soon  after it was decided to make it unreserved asking people to contact one point of contact at the club if it caused them any problems.

Problem solved

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 13, 2015, 11:22:31 am by bobjimwilly »

Accepted

as I say the real argument is how its been implemented without full consideration to the reasons it may or may not affect people So lets just say for example it may not affect 250 of the present season ticket holders that leaves 40 that it does affect  in various ways (BJW figures on SS season ticket holders) it could have all been nipped in the bud by the simple process of sending 290 letters out soon  after it was decided to make it unreserved asking people to contact one point of contact at the club if it caused them any problems.

Problem solved

totally agree. A poor oversight on the clubs behalf.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 13, 2015, 11:30:17 am by Filo »

Accepted

Problem solved

totally agree. A poor oversight on the clubs behalf.

I think you are being kind calling it an oversight.

I'd prefer to call it a basic disregard for customer care

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 13, 2015, 12:06:26 pm by RJHeader »
I'd call it, a few people crying over spilt milk. Depends on your viewpoint i suppose Filo

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 13, 2015, 12:13:43 pm by wesisback »
It is an oversight. The vocal minority here are making it look far worse. There's a handful at worst with their noses out of joint. The majority of feedback I've seen is pretty good.
Good news for me anyway, I've been eyeing Dagenhams seat up for ages!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 13, 2015, 12:21:48 pm by Filo »
I'd call it, a few people crying over spilt milk. Depends on your viewpoint i suppose Filo

Like I said, it does n't affect me, but I can totally understand why some folk are not happy, with a little bit of thought and communication these complaints could have been avoided, I dare say most affected can understand why this has been done, it's the total disregard for their loyalty by not addressing genuine concerns that annoys them

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 13, 2015, 12:22:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It is an oversight. The vocal minority here are making it look far worse. There's a handful at worst with their noses out of joint. The majority of feedback I've seen is pretty good.
Good news for me anyway, I've been eyeing Dagenhams seat up for ages!

:lol:  :lol:

Wes its badly handled without consideration to the effects it could have on some, it could have easily been sorted by a letter to affected people as soon as the decision was made.

I never used to consider people who are disabled or incapacitated in some way and used to ignore their protestations over stuff and then it affected me to an extent and you certainly see things from a different perspective.
290 letters when the decision was made would have stopped most if not all of this as I and others have said its basic customer care

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 13, 2015, 12:31:11 pm by Superspy »
Just playing Devil's Advocate a little bit but...how would sending out letters earlier have avoided the complaints? Surely it would have just resulted in people complaining back then instead if the letter was just informing that the decision had already been made. Or are we making an assumption that had the club written to people, and people had then complained, the club would reverse the decision? I work in a customer service based role, so I'm not blind to the point, I'm just struggling to distinguish the different between telling people a decision has been made several weeks ago, and telling them now.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 13, 2015, 12:45:46 pm by mjg »
Start bloody singing then the club won't have to do it

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 13, 2015, 12:52:57 pm by acko »
i myself is not affected but does this change stop there or if success demands it will it start affecting the seasons to come

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 13, 2015, 02:53:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just playing Devil's Advocate a little bit but...how would sending out letters earlier have avoided the complaints? Surely it would have just resulted in people complaining back then instead if the letter was just informing that the decision had already been made. Or are we making an assumption that had the club written to people, and people had then complained, the club would reverse the decision? I work in a customer service based role, so I'm not blind to the point, I'm just struggling to distinguish the different between telling people a decision has been made several weeks ago, and telling them now.

They wouldn't reverse a decision but its customer care when major changes are being introduced
290 letters to the affected people saying something along the lines of

Dear Season Ticket Holder
After much discussion and fan meetings we have decided from next season to make the SS unreserved.

We realise this may inconvenience some but we feel its the best way forward.
Guaranteed season ticket seats will still be available in the West/East Stands should you wish to ensure the same seat at every game, you will still be able to buy a season ticket in the SS but it will be  as we have said unreserved seating.

Should there be any specific issues that affect you and you would like to discuss any other options
please ring Mr Boomstick on 01302 123456 who will gladly tell you "get stuffed I'm all right"   :)  the club on 01302123456
so we can try to  find a mutually acceptable  solution for you

Yours blah blah blah

there you go knocked up in 3 minutes,  15 minutes to run 290 off say any hour to shove em in an envelope and through the franking machine  get them sent out as soon as the decision was made any problems would have been sorted  by season ticket release time.
But no lets keep it super secret that we have decided to do this and throw customer care out of the window and spring it on everyone lets face it they are just footie fans who will still come back next season no matter what

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:05:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 13, 2015, 03:02:51 pm by The Red Baron »
Seems a reasonable course of action Daggers. The thing you omitted was to say that you can still buy a ST for the South Stand, although of course you won't have a reserved seat.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 13, 2015, 03:03:04 pm by anton123 »
To right we will still come back no matter what we all love watching the team play not supporting the board , they would still of kicked off letter or no letter , let's just get on with it n sing the lads to victory RTID

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 13, 2015, 03:06:20 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Seems a reasonable course of action Daggers. The thing you omitted was to say that you can still buy a ST for the South Stand, although of course you won't have a reserved seat.

amended accordingly

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 13, 2015, 03:16:32 pm by silent majority »
Communication is going out to all ST holders this week, but I take your point. Lets hope the club do too.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 13, 2015, 03:36:18 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Communication is going out to all ST holders this week, but I take your point. Lets hope the club do too.

I hope they do for the future (again) but I won't hold my breath, this could all have been avoided very easily and include 207 in the wsn and the 290 in the ss it equates to not too far off 10% of season ticket holders  that should not be deemed a small amount of the most loyal  Donny fans

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 13, 2015, 04:22:36 pm by normal rules »
I was not aware of any canvassing or vote re this but for what it's worth I think it's a good idea. It will always upset some. Some people don't like change. As has been said already for the biggest part, most will be able to sit in their preferred area anyway. Just get to the ground a bit earlier!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 13, 2015, 04:38:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
quote author=silent majority link=topic=250796.msg514789#msg514789 date=1421162192]
[/quote]

Whether communication goes out next week or not the decision as been made and majority of SS season ticket holders have not been notified before the decision.

I do not understand why the club or fans representatives did not think about the SS season ticket holders in their plans.

So whether the plan is a good one or not we will wait and see, but the fans who have bought SS season ticket up front over the years to help the club have been totally disregarded in the decision making.

As has been said already for the biggest part, most will be able to sit in their preferred area anyway. Just get to the ground a bit earlier!

I always get to the ground early but where my seat is now or the area if I go there I would have to stand up to watch the game I would not be able to sit.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:13:13 pm by steve@dcfd »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 13, 2015, 05:29:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
quote author=silent majority link=topic=250796.msg514789#msg514789 date=1421162192]

Whether communication goes out next week or not the decision as been made and majority of SS season ticket holders have not been notified before the decision.

I do not understand why the club or fans representatives did not think about the SS season ticket holders in their plans.

So whether the plan is a good one or not we will wait and see, but the fans who have bought SS season ticket up front over the years to help the club have been totally disregarded in the decision making.

As has been said already for the biggest part, most will be able to sit in their preferred area anyway. Just get to the ground a bit earlier!

I always get to the ground early but where my seat is now or the area if I go there I would have to stand up to watch the game I would not be able to sit.

[/quote]

I'm sure it was mentioned  but as I said if you  get more or less  the same half a dozen people at three meetings who all want result A you will get result A  although it only said up for discussion!!!  at the end of yet again badly handled

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 13, 2015, 05:38:24 pm by Jenny »
Well if you only have the same half a dozen people willing to give up their time what do you expect?

If people can't be arsed to have an input into these kind of things then I'm afraid they have little basis to moan on and on about the decisions made.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 13, 2015, 06:13:16 pm by silent majority »
Daggers, I'm baffled at how you think we all wanted result A. On what basis have you reached that conclusion?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 13, 2015, 06:16:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well if you only have the same half a dozen people willing to give up their time what do you expect?

If people can't be arsed to have an input into these kind of things then I'm afraid they have little basis to moan on and on about the decisions made.

erm the blurb I've seen since said unreserved ss singing etc were up for discussion not that the decisions were going to be made! if that had been made clear perhaps more would have attended

How do you know people can't be arsed to attend people do work evenings and weekends and have other commitments

This is the Dros report after the last fans Panel dated 23rd Dec

Creating a “Home end" in the South Stand and making this an unreserved seating area to enhance the matchday atmosphere were the main topics on the agenda. It was also discussed that if this was to happen then the Club would work with the fans to develop the concourse environment to make it more relevant to those using it
Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/positive-news-from-the-fan-panel-2162314.aspx#PODx3uJ1xzjQGk2r.99

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/positive-news-from-the-fan-panel-2162314.aspx

At the end  poor customer care, quickly implemented  without due consideration to the full impact

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:19:34 pm by Dagenham Rover »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 13, 2015, 06:19:06 pm by bpoolrover »
I can't see a problem there will be loads of places to sit anyway

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 13, 2015, 06:36:19 pm by normal rules »
All this talk, you have a choice people

1. Get in ground early and sit pretty much where you want in SS
2. Get a ST in another part of ground
3. Dont bother coming at all (dont want to seem negative but it is an option)

I can see the next step will be to convert most/all of ss to safe standing area with cantelever seats. So anyone who wants to sit all game will have to relocate anyway.

With supporters threatening not to buy ST, has anyone considered those who have chosen already not to buy one because of the perceived matchday experience, and this may in fact attract more supporters to turn up?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 13, 2015, 06:36:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Daggers, I'm baffled at how you think we all wanted result A. On what basis have you reached that conclusion?

People have been on about it for quite a while obviously, you yourself along with the vsc promote safe standing which in turn means unreserved, Neil and Wes from the Drsg we all know there viewpoint on this its quite well documented I appreciate Mark was there as Chairman but I'm sure he would have had some input thats off the top of my head without going back and checking on Dros again

so to start with 2 or 3 vsc directors, Neil and Wes straight away you have 4 or 5 maybe even 6 that would support the idea

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 13, 2015, 07:12:28 pm by silent majority »
Daggers, yes I support 'safe standing', but to suggest that making a whole stand unreserved seating is a part of that is ridiculous. I'm not a big fan of allowing people to stand in between seats, its better than nothing, but my support for 'safe standing' is about this;

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/

TinyPortal © 2005-2012