Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:08:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank - Flag Designs  (Read 34559 times)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re: Black Bank - Flag Designs
« Reply #150 on March 13, 2015, 02:54:34 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

I like this one. It's a bit like an irreverent two fingers to the opposition. You might be better than us but we fear nobody.
It's also referring to the opposing team rather than their fans.

Digging the crypto communist undertones in this design Copps is Magic.

10/10

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on March 13, 2015, 05:34:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Love it! Though do like "Doncaster f**kin Rovers" as was suggested earlier.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on March 13, 2015, 06:54:11 pm by Mr1Croft »
Some fantastic designs here. Love the TLO Doncaster!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on March 13, 2015, 07:50:26 pm by graingrover »
... why have we now gone Communist ?

neil grainger

« Reply #154 on March 13, 2015, 08:44:47 pm by neil grainger »
Every time I try to put my thoughts on these flag designs, into words, I end up sounding like an octogenarian who has had a sense of humour transplant.  Believe me I am neither of those!

Your post completely sums up my feelings on the subject roversontheup!

I fully support this initiative (ok, not fully, as I haven't donated any money) and I really admire the effort being put in by the people behind it. We do need more atmosphere at the KM and if this initiative brings that about, that's brilliant.

So I don't want to be negative but when it comes to flags I'm old fashioned. I think the more red & white hoops / chequered squares the better.

I don't like black, I don't like skulls and I don't like Communist icons.
But don't mind me, go for it!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on March 13, 2015, 11:49:05 pm by hoolahoop »
TRB.

With all due respect, that is a ridiculous point to make.

How about if we went down a very traditional route? Say, a St George's cross or a union jack, for example, with the words 'Doncaster Rovers' written all over. (In your world) Do you know how many people across the globe (seems we are now going global) would be offended by those two symbols! It's millions. The England flag for example has been synonymous with the far right in this country for decades, heck it's even mildly offensive to my tastes.

Context is absolutely everything. And you are providing non of it. Maybe you are genuinely worried about offending the Estonian branch of our supporters club (are they still running busses?) or maybe not.

Let me tell you the context - the banner is a satirical take on 'solidarity' or 'unity' that rovers fans have faced as the (supposed) underdogs against all these 'bigger' team over the years. Nothing more, nothing less.

It seems to me the bigger issue reading this thread is that for every submitted design we are getting 10 people chipping in with such irrelevant and petty opinions that nothing ever goes anywhere. People are too quick to believe they have a right not to be offended. You don't.

Sorry absolutely with TRB on this one . we have a significant population of folk from the Baltic's, Poland, Czech republic, Romania etc etc of not just 1st generation immigrants but 2nd, 3rd & 4th generation that live in this town and are all too well aware of the actions of Vladimir Putin . possibly you may not have noticed his efforts to destabilise the whole of Eastern Europe starting with the Ukraine in his quest to re-invent the USSR.
I saw the pathos in the original Comrade Ryan flag but that was then and am unsure whether it or newer versions are the way to go in the present climate.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on March 13, 2015, 11:57:42 pm by VivaRovers »
Something red and white which nods to our past yet also promotes solidarity without being overtly Communist or featuring skulls or Vikings you say...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on March 14, 2015, 12:09:24 am by Copps is Magic »
The Spanish undertones in that design are disgusting. Why are you supporting the Spanish Armada and General Franco?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on March 14, 2015, 12:22:43 am by hoolahoop »
BTW I totally support the initiative and thank those involved in its hard work. I just wished we had started the unallocated seating area from the start in the Polypipe . Things would have been so different, vocal support would have been stronger, we would not have had the upset of moving folk around that had sat in the same seats for all those years.
These are the attentions to detail that were missing under JR's stewardship when the match day experience or at least the enhancement of it should have been the no.1 focus. I blame him, the KM2 and the previous CEO for that.
Now let's not blow it ....

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on March 14, 2015, 12:29:04 am by hoolahoop »
The Spanish undertones in that design are disgusting. Why are you supporting the Spanish Armada and General Franco?

Nah the colours of St. George CisM. I think you missed my point. The designs of Putin's Russia are very current. Besides I'm not sure those are the colours flown by the Armada or Franco's Neo-Nazis..... Might do well to avoid "eagles" though. Lol

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on March 14, 2015, 12:52:17 am by VivaRovers »

Hiszpania?!?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on March 14, 2015, 01:28:17 am by hoolahoop »

Hiszpania?!?

I thought more Polish mesen :)

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on March 14, 2015, 01:35:31 am by les@donr »
Shouldn't it read "Viva La Rovers"?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on March 14, 2015, 01:39:33 am by hoolahoop »

Hiszpania?!?

The former burgundy cross on white background ( similar to the Saltire) , the latter would have been red, gold and black horizontal stripes with the centrally placed crown of the kingdom....so half right nearly on colours 3/10 Copps. Hope they spell "Rovers" correctly :( only joking.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on March 14, 2015, 01:41:52 am by hoolahoop »
Shouldn't it read "Viva La Rovers"?

Les it's Glen's signature ;) lol

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on March 14, 2015, 03:06:18 am by Copps is Magic »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on March 14, 2015, 06:35:56 am by Nudga »
Copps, can you do one with a picture of a grumpy lady with the heading, "Ladies, we totes understand that you are on the blob"

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on March 14, 2015, 07:52:55 am by hoolahoop »
Copps those are brilliant, my only point is that a fair amount of our supporters come from those E. European or Baltic countries not withstanding the large Ukrainian community here.
Can we stick to summat real here like Nudga's suggestion ? lol It would certainly help if you could tie up 1) Our club colours (red and white), 2) Our apparent sexist attitudes and 3) Our Swiss connections (tendency for older supporters to remain neutral during games)

I think the first one is not far off the finished article...

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on March 21, 2015, 10:57:03 pm by Mr1Croft »
Another Flag Design and a shameless bump!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on March 22, 2015, 12:43:11 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Another Flag Design and a shameless bump!

What's Skeletor got to do with Donny Rovers? :chair:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on March 22, 2015, 10:23:25 am by idler »
It's not Skeletor it's a young Ian Snodin.  :scarf:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on March 22, 2015, 10:53:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Not sure the flag does owt for me Crofty but I HAVE trademarked the name Jiving Afro Dinosaurs. It's stuck on to be top band name.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on March 22, 2015, 06:32:49 pm by Move DRFC »

I like this one. It's a bit like an irreverent two fingers to the opposition. You might be better than us but we fear nobody.
It's also referring to the opposing team rather than their fans.

Digging the crypto communist undertones in this design Copps is Magic.

10/10

This is decent apart from the stars are a bit poxy get rid of them i reckon it would look better.

BlackBank

« Reply #173 on April 13, 2015, 09:18:12 pm by BlackBank »
Right, we are hoping to run our first Flag Vote this week, we're currently collating all the designs that are out there (alot more than we thought) - so if anyone else has any designs or would like to submit them please do so on here, Facebook or our Twitter or email info@blackbank.co.uk

Obviously this initiative wouldn't be possible without the support we've received from everyone who has donated, a huge thanks. And if anyone would like to donate you can still do so via http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/black-bank-doncaster-rovers-flag-fund

LC

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on April 14, 2015, 09:37:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Copps

That second flag.
I thought all kids had pixelated faces these days?
You got a special version of photoshop that unblurs them?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on April 14, 2015, 06:26:06 pm by Metalmicky »
Something red and white which nods to our past yet also promotes solidarity without being overtly Communist or featuring skulls or Vikings you say...

Yes........we have a winner

TinyPortal © 2005-2012