Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:38:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank - Flag Designs  (Read 34606 times)

swintonrover

• Forum Member
Re: Black Bank - Flag Designs
« Reply #60 on March 08, 2015, 08:35:50 am by swintonrover »
I can't find it, but does anybody remember that bloke who had a full back tattoo of a viking last year? That would be a great flag.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 08, 2015, 08:44:22 am by wilts rover »
I cant see a black flag with a skull on it there Rob? Could you point it out to me?

What other changes should we make Gaz? Change our name to Doncaster Pirates? Play in black and white? And excuse me for pointing out the obvious but you will be able to see the flags and banners clearer from the other sides of the ground than in the south stand.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 08, 2015, 08:50:34 am by Muttley »
I can't find it, but does anybody remember that bloke who had a full back tattoo of a viking last year? That would be a great flag.

:woot:

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 08, 2015, 09:38:14 am by RedRover45 »
I have no problem with the logo or the flag, jeez some will be suggesting a Danish lass with a pinny on next. Our supporters are becoming more PC by the day :(

Am I allowed to say that  ?  :chair:

That's a great idea Hoola a Danish bird for each fan, enjoying a beer knocking the froth off a couple!. :chair:

Is that some sort of euphemism Sammy :-)

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 08, 2015, 10:02:44 am by godlike1 »
The Black Bank politically correct non aggressive flag?

Here we go again, someone dare suggest a different opinion to filo or others who are behind an idea and their ideas are just ridiculed

Why bother even putting it on here??????? When you and hoola and others are so stuck up each other's behinds that your not prepared to hear different opinions

I said I like the idea and I even back it fully but the flag designed so far to me looks like that of hooligans

If you want to create that image and support it then what a great example of the sort of supporters I'm sure the club wants to attract

The Huddersfield lot have created their own identity with no element of violence or hatred behind it (yup that was my 1st impression of that skull)

There is no reason why someone with some creativity and imagination (oops that rules you out filo) could come up with something rovers related, modern and eye catching

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 08, 2015, 10:08:40 am by Filo »

Here we go again, someone dare suggest a different opinion to filo or others who are behind an idea and their ideas are just ridiculed

Why bother even putting it on here??????? When you and hoola and others are so stuck up each other's behinds that your not prepared to hear different opinions

I said I like the idea and I even back it fully but the flag designed so far to me looks like that of hooligans

If you want to create that image and support it then what a great example of the sort of supporters I'm sure the club wants to attract

The Huddersfield lot have created their own identity with no element of violence or hatred behind it (yup that was my 1st impression of that skull)

There is no reason why someone with some creativity and imagination (oops that rules you out filo) could come up with something rovers related, modern and eye catching

I think you need to find yourself a sense of humour!

I can't believe some folk are getting all worked up over a square piece of cloth!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 08, 2015, 11:07:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
I hope the Dove in the picture isn't mistaken for a Tit.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 08, 2015, 12:03:52 pm by afro goal machine »
The tattoo picture looks brilliant is he a forum user ?

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 08, 2015, 12:08:55 pm by Silkscarf »
Horrible post. We can't possibly handle change can we. Everything new has to start somewhere.

It's not about being opposed to change, it's just a different opinion to yours. If you find opposing views 'horrible' then why bother being on a forum? I don't have to like all this 'Black Bank' nonsense with skulls and what not and I won't do even if it becomes the mainstream. Same as I never liked the Vikettes or silly music when we score a goal.

If you want to start something new that you believe in you've got to be able to put up with the naysayers. I'm just saying it seems a bit juvenile and embarrassing to me and I don't want to be part of it. But I fully support the people that want to do it and good luck to them getting a better atmosphere going. Though the best thing for that will be to take the seats out of the South Stand.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 08, 2015, 12:30:32 pm by acko »
people on here know I am firmly against club Doncaster,but I have been told its good for the club and the future,but does the flag design show the club in the light its trying to portray itself,it now seems the south stand is no longer the south stand but the black bank end,we have a perfectly good Viking emblem why do we have to change that,do the black bank end ditch their rovers colours and resort to wearing hoodies and scarves to hide their faces.before all the development in the area of the stadium the black bank had a reputation we don't want to go back to.sorry lads good idea just wrong imaging,time to reconsider after all you are asking people to contribute towards this

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 08, 2015, 01:19:10 pm by RobTheRover »
Acko, this is nothing to do with the club other than the decision to allow the SS to become unreserved.

Everyone, the atmosphere in the KMS has been a bone of contention ever since we moved into the place, with comments like "the East Stand Library" the norm.  This is a fan-led attempt to change that.  It deserves fan support - and ownership!  If you dont like the logo, thats fine.  Design a flag that doesnt include it, or make something else in its place.  This is EVERYONES to own, so take your share.

The flag design is open to everyone.  Let your creative side go nuts.  I'll have a bash at a few designs later in the week.  Remember, modern printing processes are photo realistic so the scope of your imagination is the only limiting factor.

I'm dying to see the Black Bank in full swing next season.  I'm expecting it to become contagious and you never know, we might see singing from all sides of the ground become standard.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:25:23 pm by RobTheRover »

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 08, 2015, 01:21:58 pm by roversontheup »

I can't believe some folk are getting all worked up over a square piece of cloth!

But isn't that part of what you want Filo.  Don't you want folk getting all worked up with their flags and banners?

I have already stated that I back the efforts of the Black Bank group but I won't be directly involved as my seat isn't in the South Stand.  I still don't like the reference to Black Bank just like I didn't like the idea of our new ground being called that. 

As for the flag design I agree with others that it gives an impression of violence and hooliganism.  That's just my interpretation of it. So it will also be the impression a percentage of others get.  Just because some people like it doesn't give you the right to intimidate them because of their views. It's about Rovers fans all having an equal voice and as importantly as voice, having ears that listen and hear what others are saying.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 08, 2015, 01:27:06 pm by RobTheRover »
Thats correct Roversontheup.  These things need to be debated so we can all feel comfortable in what we want the Black Bank to be.  It's fan-led, so lets go out and mould it into what we want it to be.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 08, 2015, 01:30:10 pm by BobG »
I must be getting too old... Sadly, the only interesting, or even entertaining, post in this entire thread was Billy's reference to 1940's apocalyptic tribalism. That had dramatically designed flag waving too. Kind of.

You read 'Gone to Ground' Billy? Eye opening.

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 08, 2015, 01:35:17 pm by Filo »

But isn't that part of what you want Filo.  Don't you want folk getting all worked up with their flags and banners?

I have already stated that I back the efforts of the Black Bank group but I won't be directly involved as my seat isn't in the South Stand.  I still don't like the reference to Black Bank just like I didn't like the idea of our new ground being called that. 

As for the flag design I agree with others that it gives an impression of violence and hooliganism.  That's just my interpretation of it. So it will also be the impression a percentage of others get.  Just because some people like it doesn't give you the right to intimidate them because of their views. It's about Rovers fans all having an equal voice and as importantly as voice, having ears that listen and hear what others are saying.

I fail to see where I've been intimidating, it was a a light hearted slightly sarcastic post, nothing more. FYI I'm not directly involved, I won't be moving from my seat in the west stand, but that does n't preventing me from recognising that this is a great attempt at trying to get some kind of atmosphere going, the image is probably designed to be hostile to opponents on the pitch, instill a bit of apprehension in opposing players to gain that advantage, however small that may be. How many times have you heard teams not wanting to go to places like Galataseray because of the hostile atmosphere?, it's about gaining an edge. I probably don't agree with a lot of the stuff the main people behind this agree to, and I certainly don't agree with some of the public ridiculing of people that don't agree with their point of view, but that has n't prevented me from contributing to something that I think will improve the atmosphere, even though I think the unreserved decision in the South Stand was poorly handled and executed by the club

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 08, 2015, 01:52:15 pm by acko »
I never said it was anything to do with the club rob,the point I was making the intimerdating designs are not what the clubs impression they want to portray.i am all for atmosphere but I would like it directed in the proper way

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 08, 2015, 02:16:56 pm by Copps is Magic »
I know when I go into a stadium and see a viking logo of any sort it sends shivers down my spine all the way to the tip of my penis. To this day I still refuse to go to Scandinavia because of those those looting, pillaging ABBA barstewerds.

I hope the community department of the current government intervene to stop this black bank project before it goes to far. 'Black' in the title as well?! Imagine if Dion Dublin turns up at the keepmoat as a pundit - the explaining we will have to do.

Shelf it.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 08, 2015, 02:57:06 pm by Copps is Magic »
WAIT A COTTON PICKING MINUTE. I've just realised we've been running around with 11 players wearing viking logos for years now. IS THIS THE IMPRESSION THE CLUB WANTS TO GIVE?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 08, 2015, 03:50:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
RTR makes good points here. It is a beginning and whilst this is not driven by the club, it is part of creating a fresh and vibrant identity for the South Stand, or should I say the Polypipe Black Bank, alongside the unreserved seating, and later the safe standing.

It's not only youth focused but what's being proposed will appeal to and progressively attract youth if it comes off. It's a good sign that some people aren't entirely comfortable with it because that shows the essence of it is hitting the mark.

Back to flag designs - as well as the skull design, I do love Viva Rovers (tm) as a phrase. Hopefully what will happen is there will be a growing number of a variety of flags and banners, and heaps of energy generated, as well as heaps of Donny goals!

BlackBank

« Reply #79 on March 08, 2015, 03:59:57 pm by BlackBank »
Lads / Lasses,

Start dusting off your copies of photoshop and get cracking, we've had half a dozen submissions from the Facebook group and we certainly don't want Viking Chat to be left behind!

Don't worry if you're not a design guru either, give us something to work with and we'll knock them into the finished article.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 08, 2015, 05:11:16 pm by wesisback »
I think its incredibly important to not judge this project by its name or its logo but the work it achieves. Having assisted in some areas of the Black Banks formation and seeing what Huddersfield have achieved it inspires me that we can and will do the same at the Keepmoat. Obviously our culture and history are different as is our fan base and grounds but there is nothing that Hudders or Crystal Palace are doing now that cannot be emulated (albeit on a different scale) at Rovers.
For those concerned about the image it projects, I think that its a concern that will only be calmed with time. There's a great opportunity for us as fans to use our scale for good here and actually celebrate what we are as a club. Lets put our own stamp on the ground, not expect the club to do it for us.

On a side note, this banner is one they designed at Huddersfield to celebrate the legends that played for them. I'm sure this is something Black Bank will be looking at and something ALL fans can participate in to help select our Legends.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:18:15 pm by wesco1986 »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 08, 2015, 07:09:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Funny how they all had really bad skin back in them days.

I guess it was the smog and the absence of kiwi fruit in the diet.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 08, 2015, 07:15:34 pm by wesisback »
I didn't know Dennis Law had retired and become the lead singer in the Arctic Monkeys?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 08, 2015, 07:43:33 pm by The Red Baron »
On a serious note: I love that Legends banner and I am sure we could come up with some similar greats from the past.

On a silly note: He doesn't make the banner, but Huddersfield Town had a noted player who rejoiced in the name of Jack Cock.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 08, 2015, 07:45:08 pm by Copps is Magic »
Here's my effort at a design. I have a bigger version if anyone is interested.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 08, 2015, 09:22:37 pm by Copps is Magic »
Here's another.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 08, 2015, 10:35:55 pm by roversontheup »
Apologies Filo. I've just re read my post. I didn't mean it to refer to you in person being intimidatory.

Anyway pleased to see some positive stuff posted today and different designs starting to be offered up for comment.

Probably not what many want but I really like the one with all the dates on.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 08, 2015, 11:45:33 pm by Move DRFC »
I liked what i saw here from Orlando City, from about 5/6 seconds look at all the colour, flags and vibrancy in that end behind the goal, looks good. 

And yes Sean St Ledger is playing in the same team as Kaka.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/19/video/2338390

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 09, 2015, 01:52:19 am by Copps is Magic »
Sorry to be a Mr. P Pooper but we (including myself) should probably be wary of copyright when just taking other peoples pictures wholesale. I don't know the rules regarding two-toning like I have done but the above examples probably are no goes unless you get permission off the owner.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 09, 2015, 02:12:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »

:woot:

"So Mr Flynn. Before we commence this tattoo, are you SURE that you're going to be in post next season?"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012