Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:23:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SOD  (Read 21666 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
SOD
« on December 15, 2015, 04:00:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
Looking likely he will be announced as the new Walsall manager in the next 24 hours.

This would also see him return to the Keepmoat on 30th Jan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: SOD
« Reply #1 on December 15, 2015, 04:01:41 pm by the vicar »
then i would fancy us to win that game

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 15, 2015, 04:03:04 pm by andyst79 »
Walsall will probably dominate possession for 89mins & we will score from a set piece to win 1-0. Easy

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 15, 2015, 04:07:08 pm by Copps is Magic »
He deserves on ovation here.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 15, 2015, 04:12:52 pm by German Rover »

He's had enough, he's the past. He hawked himself around other clubs when he was manager here.  we now have Fergie can we leave all the SOD worship at the door now.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 15, 2015, 04:14:28 pm by Yorkiered »
Agreed. He is just another league 1 manager.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 15, 2015, 04:14:53 pm by IDM »
Good luck to him. Won't be a bad match that.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 15, 2015, 04:16:37 pm by Copps is Magic »

He's had enough, he's the past

Has he? When? Hasn't been back the keepmoat as a manager has he?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 15, 2015, 04:17:39 pm by DRNaith »

No one said he had ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 15, 2015, 04:19:19 pm by Filo »

Yes, Copps testimonial

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 15, 2015, 04:20:21 pm by Yorkiered »
No doubt come the 23rd Jan we will have a week of certain posters drooling and wetting their knickers at the prospect of seeing him again.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 15, 2015, 04:22:07 pm by Copps is Magic »

No one said he had ;)

So what has he had enough of? He quoted my post which said he deserves an ovation.

It was a great sight when Penney returned and got a standing ovation with Darlington. I will always remember that game. The fans were a credit to a club for doing that, don't see why the same can't happen.

It would be an incredible feat of petty mindedness if people can't see that giving SOD a clap and supporting the team are not mutually exclusive.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 15, 2015, 04:22:37 pm by Mike_F »
I was one of his biggest fans. For what he did with us I'll give him a warm round of applause before the match then I'll be hoping he goes home with his team on the receiving end of a sound thrashing. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 15, 2015, 04:23:41 pm by German Rover »
No doubt come the 23rd Jan we will have a week of certain posters drooling and wetting their knickers at the prospect of seeing him again.

I'll be honest it gets right on my tits.  He did well when he was here possibly the best since Doherty but the last year  were terrible, we didn't look like beating anyone, and in my opinion he was lucky not to get sacked long before he did.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 15, 2015, 04:26:27 pm by Yorkiered »

I'll be honest it gets right on my tits.  He did well when he was here possibly the best since Doherty but the last year  were terrible, we didn't look like beating anyone, and in my opinion he was lucky not to get sacked long before he did.

Get ready for the "we had lots of injuries" excuses being poured out.  :headbang: :headbang:

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 15, 2015, 04:27:04 pm by tommy toes »
With the possible exception of Peter Doherty SOD was the best manager in our history and deserves a standing ovation every time he comes back.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 15, 2015, 04:27:43 pm by DRNaith »

No one said he had ;)

So what has he had enough of? He quoted my post which said he deserves an ovation.

It was a great sight when Penney returned and got a standing ovation with Darlington. I will always remember that game. The fans were a credit to a club for doing that, don't see why the same can't happen.

It would be an incredible feat of petty mindedness if people can't see that giving SOD a clap and supporting the team are not mutually exclusive.

My post was in jest, alluding to him having already had enough ovations

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 15, 2015, 04:30:18 pm by Copps is Magic »

I'll be honest it gets right on my tits.  He did well when he was here possibly the best since Doherty.

So, maybe, deserves a bit of a clap then? Which is what we were talking about..

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 15, 2015, 04:31:17 pm by Yorkiered »
With the possible exception of Peter Doherty SOD was the best manager in our history and deserves a standing ovation every time he comes back.

Half the time he was here yes he was.
The other half he was as bad as any manager we have ever had.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 15, 2015, 04:33:54 pm by Filo »

I'll be honest it gets right on my tits.  He did well when he was here possibly the best since Doherty.

So, maybe, deserves a bit of a clap then? Which is what we were talking about..

I'm sure one of the ladies of ill repute from the Thorne road area can sort that out 😀

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 15, 2015, 04:35:26 pm by Lincoln Rover »
As and when Sir Sean returns to the KM he will get a huge round of applause from me and I hope a majority of others. The period of football he treated us to I doubt will be be surpassed in my lifetime. Love to think I'm wrong, but that's being greedy.
I was brought up with the fact that manners and respect cost nothing. Unless it's The Dingles ( they're exempt).
Had the pleasure to have a nice chat and photo with SOD after the  Copps testimonial. Comes  over a a very humble man who I will always admire.
Ps After the ovation in hope we hammer them. RTID.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 15, 2015, 04:38:53 pm by Yorkiered »
As and when Sir Sean returns to the KM he will get a huge round of applause from me and I hope a majority of others. The period of football he treated us to I doubt will be be surpassed in my lifetime. Love to think I'm wrong, but that's being greedy.
I was brought up with the fact that manners and respect cost nothing. Unless it's The Dingles ( they're exempt).
Had the pleasure to have a nice chat and photo with SOD after the  Copps testimonial. Comes  over a a very humble man who I will always admire.
Ps After the ovation in hope we hammer them. RTID.

Arggghhhh we didn't have to wait until the 23rd it has started already.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 15, 2015, 04:41:24 pm by Lincoln Rover »
It's all about opinions Yorkiered.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 15, 2015, 04:42:40 pm by Mike_F »
you could always ignore the thread, Yorkie.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 15, 2015, 04:49:00 pm by Donnybax »
How dare our fans have respect for the best manager we've ever had! How dare they!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 15, 2015, 04:57:54 pm by Alickismyhero »
I don't know what it is about Sean but there is always 3/4 posters who will be 100% against him whenever his name crops up. You are welcome to your opinion I just happen to disagree.
I have always had the upmost respect for the man and I certainly enjoyed the period he had as our manager. He was treated badly at the end of his period at Donny as I have explained in the past and that hurt the man.
I find him to be very philosophical in his approach to management as he sees the sack goes with the job. I don't know how many managers have never got the sack but it can't be many.
I accept that we all see things differently and you are welcome to your opinion but if I was at the KM on his return I would voice my appreciation. He hasn't been confirmed as manager of Walsall we may have jumped the gun. I have £20 at 12/1 he accepts it so my fingers are crossed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:13:36 pm by Alickismyhero »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 15, 2015, 04:59:42 pm by Al4475 »
I reckon df could surpass SOD given half a chance! SOD was great when he got things ticking over how he wanted! Sneaky feeling df will be the same!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 15, 2015, 05:03:49 pm by Alickismyhero »
I reckon df could surpass SOD given half a chance! SOD was great when he got things ticking over how he wanted! Sneaky feeling df will be the same!

I too have been impressed with Fergy my only doubt at the moment is if he is successful how long before he is off to pastures new?

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 15, 2015, 05:25:20 pm by CrippyCooke »

Half the time he was here yes he was.
The other half he was as bad as any manager we have ever had.

The majority of that "bad half" came whilst he was managing us at a level at which only two other people have managed us in the last 50 years. Interestingly he did much better than the other two.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 15, 2015, 05:32:40 pm by RedJ »
I think I could've done a better job than one of them, to be fair...

And he left Saunders the mess we were in, in fairness to him.

I've nothing against him and I'll give him a clap but it's f**king sad the amount of hero worship some people give him on here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012