Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Kit  (Read 17111 times)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: New Kit
« Reply #90 on May 01, 2018, 10:18:31 am by karldew »
Is it true Lawlor and Williams were the only 2 who weren't at the kit launch?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 01, 2018, 10:42:55 am by German Rover »
I wouldn't wear a football shirt as I'm an adult and I don't play for the rovers, but each to their own.

However i dont like the home shirt, I think it may be time to go back to a mainly red shirt or a white shirt.

I don't mind the away kit to be fair, I've seen alot worse. Hopefully one day soon we'll start wearing green on our away strip again.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on May 01, 2018, 10:51:20 am by silent majority »
Is it true Lawlor and Williams were the only 2 who weren't at the kit launch?

No, it's not true. There were 11 players there, and two of those were goalkeepers.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:58:09 am by silent majority »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on May 01, 2018, 04:22:50 pm by scawsby steve »
    I was hoping we would go back to Green this season for our away kit.My issue is never with the design of kits themselves like Dickos rightly says you cant produce a kit that everyone likes..

My issue will always be with fan exploitation that comes with changing the kits every single year that people now accept is the norm..Gone are the days where they changed them every two years alternating between home and away..You looked forward to the kits coming out then.

Now it doesn't really matter because in 12 months time they will be gone anyway..

I totally agree about green for our away kit. We have quite a bit of history regarding green and white; the famous Doncaster Boys team of the late 1950s, who jointly won the English Schools Shield final at Belle Vue in front of 15,000, always played in green and white.  Also, Billy Bremner's Rovers teams usually played in green and white away from home.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on May 01, 2018, 04:35:21 pm by RedJ »
And of course that day in West London...

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on May 01, 2018, 05:08:03 pm by scawsby steve »
And of course that day in West London...

How the f*ck have I forgot that? somebody kick my arse please.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on May 01, 2018, 06:14:00 pm by Upton Rover »
Don't Adults wear footfall shirts then?
I wouldn't wear a football shirt as I'm an adult and I don't play for the rovers, but each to their own.

However i dont like the home shirt, I think it may be time to go back to a mainly red shirt or a white shirt.

I don't mind the away kit to be fair, I've seen alot worse. Hopefully one day soon we'll start wearing green on our away strip again.
[/quote]

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on May 01, 2018, 07:26:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Im an adult who wears a football shirt. I feel full kit may be too much but a shirt is fine...

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on May 02, 2018, 01:17:57 am by German Rover »

[/quote]

I don't as I personally think anyone over the age of 18 in a football shirt looks a bit peculiar. That's before you talk about the cost and the ever changing styles.

If you want to wear one, that's groovy but it's not for me for the reasons above and many others.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on May 02, 2018, 02:01:47 pm by Axholme Lion »

I don't as I personally think anyone over the age of 18 in a football shirt looks a bit peculiar. That's before you talk about the cost and the ever changing styles.

If you want to wear one, that's groovy but it's not for me for the reasons above and many others.
[/quote]

I agree. It makes you look like a tit.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 02, 2018, 05:27:07 pm by RoversAlias »
But if you only wear them at a football game surrounded by other football fans wearing them, how does it make you look daft?

My dad buys a new shirt every couple of seasons, only ever wears it to games and on holiday. I tend to only wear mine to games or if I'm lounging around the house. Haven't bought one in a few seasons as I've said mainly due to not liking the shoddy designs.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on May 03, 2018, 12:33:32 pm by ravenrover »
I never understand why anyone would wear a football shirt on holiday

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on May 03, 2018, 01:14:20 pm by idler »
Some of our players have for the last couple of weeks.😉

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on May 03, 2018, 01:30:48 pm by IDM »
Badoom toosh..!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on May 03, 2018, 01:32:06 pm by IDM »
I don't mind the home kit, although wavy hoops are a bit odd, but better with white shorts.

The away kit however, not for me. 

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on May 03, 2018, 07:44:50 pm by Scooter »

I always take a Rovers shirt on holiday. I’m representing. It always generates conversation and raises awareness of the mighty Rovers.
I’m proud to be a Rovers fan and happy for the world to know it. I was in a bar in Egypt and a load of West Ham fans bought me a few drinks as they had a soft spot for TLO Donny

I do draw the line at full kit though!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on May 03, 2018, 08:36:02 pm by RoversAlias »
Oh aye, there's no need to ever wear full kit unless you're playing in a team, primarily at school age.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on May 03, 2018, 09:34:40 pm by drfchound »

[/quote]

Not as big a tit as the stone island and Burberry brigade.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on May 03, 2018, 11:38:25 pm by German Rover »

Not as big a tit as the stone island and Burberry brigade.
[/quote]

A tit's a rut however you dress it.

My main objection however with football shirts is the cost. £50 for something stitches in a thai/Vietnamese sweat shop and costs pennies to make. Walking round dressed as a bill board for Richard Branson and paying for the privilege.

It just puts me off.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on May 03, 2018, 11:58:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I held back from commenting to see if they grew on me. The opposite has happened. The helterskelter is like we've melted, really shite. The 2nd top is an abomination - looks like some pyjama cricket top or worse, horrible.

The only positives I can see are we could get a bit of publicity for worst/weirdest kit of the year, the wavey hoops might feck with the vision of opposition teams, and full marks to the club re the launch.

Also, that enlarged white gap where the Virgin logo goes is wrong too, makes the shirt bottom heavy. The only way that would work is with a thick hoop at the top and very thin ones below it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 05, 2018, 09:49:36 am by Filo »

I always take a Rovers shirt on holiday. I’m representing. It always generates conversation and raises awareness of the mighty Rovers.
I’m proud to be a Rovers fan and happy for the world to know it. I was in a bar in Egypt and a load of West Ham fans bought me a few drinks as they had a soft spot for TLO Donny

I do draw the line at full kit though!

I find the Tattoo seems to generate conversation more

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on May 05, 2018, 10:13:29 am by Bentley Bullet »
I heard Baudry was gonna have a Rovers Tattoo, but he asked for a transfer instead.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on May 05, 2018, 12:20:53 pm by sheffield exile1 »
think Iwill dig out mt 90's zig zag tv static lines shirt and save some dosh

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on May 16, 2018, 01:19:01 pm by pib »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44142258?ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_mchannel=social&ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_source=twitter

I wonder if this will affect shirt sponsorship - I know Virgin Trains still run (or at least put their branding to) the west coast franchise but presumably there won't be many trains bearing their brand passing through Doncaster when this happens?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on May 16, 2018, 02:26:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44142258?ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_mchannel=social&ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_source=twitter

I wonder if this will affect shirt sponsorship - I know Virgin Trains still run (or at least put their branding to) the west coast franchise but presumably there won't be many trains bearing their brand passing through Doncaster when this happens?

Why not? That's just the track, nothing to do with the train service.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on May 16, 2018, 02:50:12 pm by pib »

Not sure what your question is here Glyn.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on May 16, 2018, 03:33:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I was asking why you think there won't be many Virgin trains going through Doncaster seeing as the link is only about the track ownership, not the service that runs on them.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on May 16, 2018, 03:46:15 pm by pib »

I was asking why you think there won't be many Virgin trains going through Doncaster seeing as the link is only about the track ownership, not the service that runs on them.

I'm not sure if you're being pedantic Glyn, but it's well publicised that Virgin/Stagecoach will no longer be operating the East Coast Main Line franchise that they currently operate. The story has been updated since I originally posted the link as more details have emerged so I will try to respond in a manner that reflects the article as it reads now.

If you would like me to spell out step-by-step how I arrived asking that question (not really saying "I think" anything, although I did use the word "presumably"), I will do so for you...

I feel like I have a basic understanding of it so please correct me if I’ve got it wrong.

Firstly, I'm not sure what you mean with regards to the track, because Network Rail manages the majority of track and infrastructure of most of the British rail network. As far as my understanding goes, this section of track is not an exception.

“Routes” are franchised out to public or private companies to operate – Stagecoach (90%) and Virgin Trains (10%) operate the East Coast franchise (London to Edinburgh/Leeds, via Doncaster)

Rolling stock that runs under this franchise bears Virgin Trains branding/livery.

Virgin Trains and Stagecoach are to no longer operate this franchise/route and it is to be operated by a public company instead, therefore no longer under the Virgin Trains brand.

The only trains branded as Virgin Trains currently passing through Doncaster are the ones that run on this route due to it being franchised to them and Stagecoach, as far as I understand.

Virgin Trains still operate the West Coast franchise (although under a legally and operationally separate entity) but none of the routes on this franchise pass through Doncaster, again, as far as I understand.

So (this is the bit that is just my logic) there won’t be any Virgin Trains running through Doncaster once the franchise is under control of a public company, because as it states in the link, Stagecoach/Virgin attempted to re-negotiate the contract with no success, and the service will be renamed LNER.

Therefore, to rephrase my original question – will Virgin Trains still be sponsoring Doncaster Rovers, when all of the routes under the management of, and trains bearing the branding of, Virgin Trains, operate on the opposite side of the country and seemingly none will pass through Doncaster.

If my understanding of any of the above is incorrect, I welcome your assistance in answering my question.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on May 16, 2018, 03:51:27 pm by German Rover »

I'm not sure if you're being pedantic Glyn, but it's well publicised that Virgin/Stagecoach will no longer be operating the East Coast Main Line franchise that they currently operate. The story has been updated since I originally posted the link as more details have emerged so I will try to respond in a manner that reflects the article as it reads now.

If you would like me to spell out step-by-step how I arrived asking that question (not really saying "I think" anything, although I did use the word "presumably"), I will do so for you...

I feel like I have a basic understanding of it so please correct me if I’ve got it wrong.

Firstly, I'm not sure what you mean with regards to the track, because Network Rail manages the majority of track and infrastructure of most of the British rail network. As far as my understanding goes, this section of track is not an exception.

“Routes” are franchised out to public or private companies to operate – Stagecoach (90%) and Virgin Trains (10%) operate the East Coast franchise (London to Edinburgh/Leeds, via Doncaster)

Rolling stock that runs under this franchise bears Virgin Trains branding/livery.

Virgin Trains and Stagecoach are to no longer operate this franchise/route and it is to be operated by a public company instead, therefore no longer under the Virgin Trains brand.

The only trains branded as Virgin Trains currently passing through Doncaster are the ones that run on this route due to it being franchised to them and Stagecoach, as far as I understand.

Virgin Trains still operate the West Coast franchise (although under a legally and operationally separate entity) but none of the routes on this franchise pass through Doncaster, again, as far as I understand.

So (this is the bit that is just my logic) there won’t be any Virgin Trains running through Doncaster once the franchise is under control of a public company, because as it states in the link, Stagecoach/Virgin attempted to re-negotiate the contract with no success, and the service will be renamed LNER.

Therefore, to rephrase my original question – will Virgin Trains still be sponsoring Doncaster Rovers, when all of the routes under the management of, and trains bearing the branding of, Virgin Trains, operate on the opposite side of the country and seemingly none will pass through Doncaster.

If my understanding of any of the above is incorrect, I welcome your assistance in answering my question.

Hopefully it'll end up with us having sponsor free shirts for a while.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on May 16, 2018, 03:53:40 pm by Cantley Rover »

Hopefully it'll end up with us having sponsor free shirts for a while.

I would guess they have already been produced.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012