Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:20:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 35759 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #330 on July 24, 2019, 09:00:49 am by silent majority »
to be fair SM you did state on here that we had a number of players lined up to sign a couple of weeks ago and signings that would be ones that would excite us.
But two weeks later Moore states he’s still trying to find the correct players to sign.
Moore also stated when he was first appointed that he knew that a lot of last years squad had now left and would need replacing.

It’s just the time of year, and there’s no games to take the concentration off signings, but there does seem to be cross messages coming from the club, from a couple of weeks ago to now

Yes you're right. But I can only report back what I was told, and during discussions with Gavin that's the words he used. So, we did sign one of them, in Ben Sheaf, but Middleton has been passed over as Gavin confirmed last week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #331 on July 24, 2019, 09:04:28 am by Cameron Rowe »
SM everything you state on here doesnt go with what was said last last night.Your lying and why would the club and Baldwin relay the transfer plans to you

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #332 on July 24, 2019, 09:08:20 am by silent majority »
SM everything you state on here doesnt go with what was said last last night.Your lying and why would the club and Baldwin relay the transfer plans to you

The only decent report of what was said last night has come from Jonathan who has confirmed that what was said does align with what I was told.

I can see me and you are going to get on very well on this forum if you continue to get personal.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #333 on July 24, 2019, 09:08:35 am by andyst79 »
The managers hardly going to say we need at least 4 or 5 1st team players. Him stating that he's happy at present gives the team we have a lift, whilst the u23 players might start to think if I really get my head down I could have a chance this season. I'm sure quietly behind the scenes he's working on additions.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #334 on July 24, 2019, 09:15:12 am by Chris Black come back »
This is a much wider point but we have a squad including fringe players of around 22 or so. If they are not good enough to play then why are we paying them? Moore must surely be right in that we have to have faith in some of these lads otherwise we are just leaking money for no reason.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #335 on July 24, 2019, 09:16:14 am by GazLaz »
How good is Moore’s knowledge of players at our level? He will be starting from scratch I think. While at WBA he will have been looking at a completely different level of player.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #336 on July 24, 2019, 09:28:41 am by Pancho Regan »
How good is Moore’s knowledge of players at our level? He will be starting from scratch I think. While at WBA he will have been looking at a completely different level of player.

From what I gather DM has a good knowledge of U23 players, both in the Premiership and the Championship. This was the level at which he spent most time coaching prior to being promoted to Manager of WBA.

So I'd like to think he knows some good young players at clubs in the top two leagues who could be available either as loans or permanent signings for Rovers.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #337 on July 24, 2019, 09:30:22 am by andyst79 »
He should have good knowledge of the u23 leagues, maybe he thinks a few of ours can hold their own and develop in the 1st team?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:00:06 am by andyst79 »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #338 on July 24, 2019, 09:40:21 am by dickos1 »
This is a much wider point but we have a squad including fringe players of around 22 or so. If they are not good enough to play then why are we paying them? Moore must surely be right in that we have to have faith in some of these lads otherwise we are just leaking money for no reason.

Every squad in the country will have players that are there as cover
Even under sod we had a number of players that we used just to cover injuries and suspensions.
It’s naive to think just because we have a squad of players that we shouldn’t be trying to improve on them and also to think that just because they aren’t good enough to play week in week out that we should not pay them

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #339 on July 24, 2019, 09:44:48 am by Cameron Rowe »
SM why would Baldwin relay important private transfer info to only one person. If he does do that why not let all fans know by putting out a statement or a interview.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #340 on July 24, 2019, 09:51:33 am by Pancho Regan »
SM why would Baldwin relay important private transfer info to only one person. If he does do that why not let all fans know by putting out a statement or a interview.

You obviously don't know the relationship which SM has with the Club and the roles he fulfils on behalf of fans.
Perhaps you need to do some swotting up on this before you further embarrass yourself by hurling personal insults at SM or questioning his honesty.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #341 on July 24, 2019, 09:53:49 am by Ldr »

You can tell the schools have broken up cant you........

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #342 on July 24, 2019, 09:55:56 am by Michael Gibson »
It’s ok bringing u23s in when you’ve got nothing better infront of them... recipe for disaster.... would the people in the know like to reveal the list of quality signings we’re not making now???

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #343 on July 24, 2019, 09:56:16 am by redarmy82 »
Well we’re all waiting for this group of quality signings who were lined up to come in, only the amazing will Atkinson has been mentioned, destination championship???????

You could've gone along tonight and asked questions if you're that arsed.

Maybe some people have other commitments? I'm currently 200 miles away, so because I couldn't be arsed to go, does that mean I shouldn't know what was asked?

Someone else full of their own self importance.
Sorry, forgot to look into my crystal ball before posting to see exactly where you were and what you having for tea tonight.

Jog on pal. You're really not funny.

Good thing I wasn't trying to amuse you then eh.

Maybe try keeping your mouth shut then.

Ooo you're hard
That I am, sunshine.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #344 on July 24, 2019, 09:57:59 am by dickos1 »
It’s ok bringing u23s in when you’ve got nothing better infront of them... recipe for disaster.... would the people in the know like to reveal the list of quality signings we’re not making now???

Kane and Wilks weren’t so bad were they?

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #345 on July 24, 2019, 09:58:54 am by Cameron Rowe »
Im not giving SM any personal insults im just asking a question as im confused with all the different answers coming from this forum,the club and the fans wasnt intending to get personal.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #346 on July 24, 2019, 10:05:29 am by Rovers Return »

I don't get easily ( the latest trend of) embarrassed but I am for you...…...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #347 on July 24, 2019, 10:08:28 am by wing commander »
Then I suggest you dont accuse people of lieing then especially someone who works hard on the fans behalf with the club..

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #348 on July 24, 2019, 10:11:08 am by andyst79 »

Let's go out and buy a load of players now, this will sort everything out surely?!
This is the problem with football today, everything has to be now or yesterday and managers have to go out and buy a quick fix rather than develop what they've got. I know Chelsea & Rovers are miles apart but I can remember when Salah & De Bruyne couldn't get a look in under Jose. Think their transfer ban might be a blessing in disquise this season, Lampards got nothing to lose expectations are low and he will turn to youth which the fans will identify with.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:33:23 am by andyst79 »

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #349 on July 24, 2019, 10:11:19 am by Cameron Rowe »
I dont know who he is and im not slating him for his work he does with the club i was asking a simple question but everyone on this group uses  the "dont get personal" i was never getting personal in the first place.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #350 on July 24, 2019, 10:14:15 am by redarmy82 »
I dont know who he is and im not slating him for his work he does with the club i was asking a simple question but everyone on this group uses  the "dont get personal" i was never getting personal in the first place.

There's a huge clique on here mate. If you dare to question anything the club or SM do, then you're immidately shot down.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #351 on July 24, 2019, 10:14:51 am by DonnyOsmond »

The VSC has a good relationship with the board and regularly keeps in touch. SM is the VSC representative (can't remember his exact title) who does this so he speaks to Gavin regularly and feeds back. It's a good role to have a saves us from self harming.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #352 on July 24, 2019, 10:17:09 am by DonnyOsmond »

What would the point in that be?

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #353 on July 24, 2019, 10:20:42 am by Danmckay456 »
It’s great if youth get an opportunity but they have to be good enough we’ve offered deals to youngsters and most end up getting released after they have been offered a pro deal about time some of them grasped an amazing opportunity and kick on

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #354 on July 24, 2019, 10:30:00 am by Cameron Rowe »
Can we expect anything this week then in terms of signings. We need a Cb A Cm A winger another striker also another goalkeeper.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #355 on July 24, 2019, 10:35:31 am by andyst79 »
Why do we need a goalkeeper? Lawlors no 1 and Jones is highly thought of I believe. Injuries to either of these and we can fetch an emergency loan in

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #356 on July 24, 2019, 10:38:54 am by DonnyOsmond »
Can we expect anything this week then in terms of signings. We need a Cb A Cm A winger another striker also another goalkeeper.

Assistant manager this week. Signings might be longer, as some are on tour.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #357 on July 24, 2019, 10:40:37 am by dickos1 »
In reality we don’t need much, I think it’s quality rather than quantity.
We need two players that will be in our starting 11.
Other than that we can make additions to fill the squad.
But we do need 2 forward thinking players that will be pushing for our starting 11.
The back 4 is good, the midfield is good, both these departments need bolstering in terms of cover but we definitely need attack minded players to get into our side

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #358 on July 24, 2019, 10:43:17 am by since-1969 »
Well we’re all waiting for this group of quality signings who were lined up to come in, only the amazing will Atkinson has been mentioned, destination championship???????

God, give it a rest eh? You’re clearly on a wind up and you’re making yourself look a bit daft now. If you want to troll get yoursen on Twitter
So he was wrong then .... there are signings coming in ?  Let this sink in ., GB tells only what you need to hear and that we have a funds available but will not say if there for  loans or signings . The budget was agreed on an 18 man squad and on a fixed budget . Players that have come in were agreed before DM arrived and players leaving the same . DM took the job on face value and will work with what he has unless a major change happens ie injuries or Marquis/ Whiteman departures . So until this occurs loans if and when we need them . 

We always have a fixed budget? I guess it would be 18 man budget at the top quality of player but we can dilute it and get 24 man budget at a weaker quality. That's how budgets work.
So LESS is MORE ?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #359 on July 24, 2019, 10:46:55 am by andyst79 »
Well said dicko, think we will be solid at the back this season especially with the new full backs we will be much more adaptable. Think the snake mentioned before he left that a couple of the u23s were going to be used as cover at the back and he expected them to be ready to step up to the 1st team and push for a regular starting place.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012