Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:38:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: “Getting them over the line”  (Read 39723 times)

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
Re: “Getting them over the line”
« Reply #420 on January 27, 2020, 11:21:16 am by RugbyRover »
I would be disappointed if we don’t bring anyone in, naturally, as we do need bodies.

But I’m not going to be dying in a ditch over it nor pelting the club/owners/chairman etc on social media..

part timer........ :lol:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #421 on January 27, 2020, 11:24:55 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I will be disappointed. And I'm sure the club would be too. It would be a shame to miss the opportunity, especially as you never know in football when you might get the same opportunity with this set of players.

Big IF, but if we don't strengthen then the club should have something to say and explain to supporters what the score is etc. I trust and believe the club are doing the right things but as the Free Press article suggests, much of that trust and belief will ebb away very quickly if we don't add those ingredients we need to succeed.

For what it's worth, I don't think it will come to that though.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #422 on January 27, 2020, 11:30:33 am by Metalmicky »
I won't be unhappy...
are you content with the current squad that it will see us to the end of the season then?  Allowing for obvious injury concerns..  and possible suspensions...?

Perhaps the current squad will, perhaps it won't. However, getting angry or unhappy about it isn't going to change matters and as IDM says, there's no point lambasting the club/chairman/owners etc...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #423 on January 27, 2020, 11:33:04 am by dickos1 »
Moore would 100% be unhappy if we didn’t bring anyone in.
Our squad was threadbare af the end of December and we needed strengthening but all we’ve done is weaken the already lightweight squad

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #424 on January 27, 2020, 11:34:41 am by Chris Black come back »
Ok.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #425 on January 27, 2020, 11:35:19 am by Retdon1 »
I would be very disappointed if we didn’t bring a couple of forwards in this week. Our GK, Defence and midfield are all very good but attacking wise, Taylor and Sadlier are too inconsistent, Ennis doesn’t score and Copps at his age can’t play every game. If our aim is top 6, then we have to bring a couple in

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #426 on January 27, 2020, 11:39:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Word on Facebook is we have a new arrival at the Keepmoat although I'm not counting any chickens until its confirmed. Could be fake news!

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #427 on January 27, 2020, 11:44:23 am by adamtherover »
I won't be unhappy...
are you content with the current squad that it will see us to the end of the season then?  Allowing for obvious injury concerns..  and possible suspensions...?

Perhaps the current squad will, perhaps it won't. However, getting angry or unhappy about it isn't going to change matters and as IDM says, there's no point lambasting the club/chairman/owners etc...
feel free to point out the exact part of my post where I have lambasted anyone?  I merely asked has anything changed behind the scenes since last summer?  I'll wait.....

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #428 on January 27, 2020, 11:47:05 am by Ldr »
Blunt is currently at the keepmoat...

Are you a stalker?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #429 on January 27, 2020, 11:47:55 am by IDM »
I don’t think MM was saying this would be you particularly Adam, more an element of our fan base in general..

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #430 on January 27, 2020, 11:52:18 am by adamtherover »
I don’t think MM was saying this would be you particularly Adam, more an element of our fan base in general..
I should hope not,  over never been negative towards the board,  owners etc.  They are the reason we have a club to support..   as the phrase goes.. RTID

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #431 on January 27, 2020, 12:02:22 pm by Metalmicky »
feel free to point out the exact part of my post where I have lambasted anyone?  I merely asked has anything changed behind the scenes since last summer?  I'll wait.....
I didn't...

this...

I should hope not,  over never been negative towards the board,  owners etc.  They are the reason we have a club to support..   as the phrase goes.. RTID

Chill....  :)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #432 on January 27, 2020, 12:02:31 pm by Drover »
Piece from DFP

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/dont-dismiss-sentiment-driving-frustration-among-doncaster-rovers-supporters-business-must-be-done-week-liam-hoden-column-1376096

Any bets on the mystery loan striker who's since made a dozen appearances for his Premier League club?

The only one I can think of that fits that bill is Greenwood at Man U?

It actually says he's gone on to make almost "two" dozen appearances,not a dozen,even more impressive,DM or/and our scouts/connections seem to know their stuff at the minute.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #433 on January 27, 2020, 12:19:47 pm by SydneyRover »
One of our neighbours is a psychologist she deals with sports people and also commercial pilots before they sit exams which they have to do regularly so if anyone needs some real help I could have a word and maybe set up some Skype consultations, not sure but she may even cover PTSD if there is any need on Feb 1.

Let me know, if there are enough takers I could try and get a VSC discount  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012