Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:47:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: “Getting them over the line”  (Read 40102 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: “Getting them over the line”
« Reply #390 on January 24, 2020, 11:18:14 am by IDM »
Without social media rumours Rovers fans would have nothing to talk about, as it is clear the club doesn't want us know anything and you are supporting that.

Of course fans want to know, more and more these days, but in my opinion it’s the club’s business until there’s something to announce..

Is that so difficult to understand.?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #391 on January 24, 2020, 11:20:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Looks like our friends Charlton will be getting Idah over the line pretty soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t have expected him to move anywhere until after their FA Cup game this weekend.

Anyhow Darren Moore suggested that he wasn’t Plan A, and that our main targets have not been outed in the press.

Indeed. S_M tried to explain it the best he could without giving too much away but yet people ignore this or don't want to believe it. That's their choice.

There could be a trigger that sets the chain off and if DM has got an agreement in place that brings his A player(s) here then nothings going to change that.

It maybe that there's a few more uncomfortable days ahead and what even might be seen as a last day supermarket sweep, depending on when that trigger is pulled. I hope for everyone's sanity it isn't that late mind!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on January 24, 2020, 11:29:55 am by Jonathan »
Put it this way, I wouldn’t have thought that plan A would involve waiting to see what Norwich (who are in full control of the situation) want to do about lending out an 18 year old.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #393 on January 24, 2020, 11:33:14 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Put it this way, I wouldn’t have thought that plan A would involve waiting to see what Norwich (who are in full control of the situation) want to do about lending out an 18 year old.

We just don't know do we so I'm far from getting frustrated about it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #394 on January 24, 2020, 12:20:47 pm by dickos1 »
Out of interest when is it ok to start getting frustrated?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #395 on January 24, 2020, 12:23:35 pm by dickos1 »
Without social media rumours Rovers fans would have nothing to talk about, as it is clear the club doesn't want us know anything and you are supporting that.

Of course fans want to know, more and more these days, but in my opinion it’s the club’s business until there’s something to announce..

I’m not interested in knowing before a deal is done, but the fact is we’re one of only a couple of clubs that haven’t strengthened and we’ve started this season with probably the most depleted squad in the league and all we’ve done this window is make it even weaker.

It’s unbelievable really

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on January 24, 2020, 12:25:25 pm by IDM »

Any time you want, IMHO.  It’s how folks deal with it that’s the issue..

I’m frustrated about the lack of signings and our lack of a no 9 since the summer, but I accept there’s nowt I can do about it..

Some folks think it’s a licence to throw all kinds of accusations about concerning the board etc, as if they’re lives depended on it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #397 on January 24, 2020, 12:27:47 pm by dickos1 »
Yes but if we only got frustrated about stuff we can do something about we wouldn’t go watch football in the first place

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #398 on January 24, 2020, 12:33:47 pm by Retdon1 »

I’m not interested in knowing before a deal is done, but the fact is we’re one of only a couple of clubs that haven’t strengthened and we’ve started this season with probably the most depleted squad in the league and all we’ve done this window is make it even weaker.

It’s unbelievable really

Totally agree, we’ve had 4 months to identify targets and get the deals arranged. Now we’re a week away from the window shutting.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #399 on January 24, 2020, 12:34:43 pm by IDM »
I’m not saying we shouldn’t be frustrated Dickos, more that the issue is how we deal with said frustration..

Unless there had been something very controversial during a game, I’ve usually done with any frustration of losing a game before I’ve hit the A1 on my way home..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #400 on January 24, 2020, 12:42:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
There is a material proportion of our support about to enter a serious meltdown if they don’t see a “successful window” whatever that might mean. Tears, tantrums, not taking their bottle...it will all happen!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #401 on January 24, 2020, 12:52:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

It wasn't an instruction. Some people have already crossed that line. It's a personal thing and it's about perspective. I get frustrated when there's things I can do something about, like my golf swing!  I don't when I can't.

Disappointed so far, perhaps would be a way to describe my feelings towards it.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #402 on January 24, 2020, 01:14:36 pm by Bessie Red »
And nor should we.!

Why should the club do their transfer dealings in the public domain.??

No-one is asking how much we pay for individual players or how much they get paid a week. But it should be reasonable to have some idea of who or what positions we might be getting in the next week.
And you would be the first to moan about lack of ambition/money if they gave us names/positions etc and they didnt sign.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on January 24, 2020, 01:36:28 pm by dickos1 »

It wasn't an instruction. Some people have already crossed that line. It's a personal thing and it's about perspective. I get frustrated when there's things I can do something about, like my golf swing!  I don't when I can't.

Disappointed so far, perhaps would be a way to describe my feelings towards it.

It has been disappointing yes I tend to agree, we started the season with very much a depleted squad from last season and all we’ve done so far is make the squad even weaker.

We get frustrated at missed chances, poor defensive errors etc which is also something we can’t do anything about. It’s just part of being a football fan

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #404 on January 24, 2020, 07:41:54 pm by sha66y »
We need a fanrage help line, ....
and maybe some disillusioned fan meetings......

I feel the pain, I feel the energy being sucked from the room and I know many forum users are going to be needing a lot of reaffirmation councilling on the 1st of February, which will probably coincide with a spike in sales of Stella’s a t**t

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #405 on January 24, 2020, 08:26:15 pm by DearneValleyRover »

It does given we only have 1 loan place available. Example the striker is a loan so then you get permanent midfielders or plan b you loan a midfielder so need to buy a striker.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #406 on January 24, 2020, 08:29:15 pm by dickos1 »
We had 6 loans at beginning of the season

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #407 on January 24, 2020, 09:50:50 pm by DearneValleyRover »
We had 6 loans at beginning of the season

It doesn’t mean we want 6 now

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #408 on January 24, 2020, 09:53:50 pm by dickos1 »
Never said it did,
You said we only have one loan space available

Just correcting you

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #409 on January 24, 2020, 10:05:54 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Never said it did,
You said we only have one loan space available

Just correcting you

Actually you wasn’t, we have only one space available or you have to leave one out as you well know

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #410 on January 24, 2020, 10:09:37 pm by dickos1 »
One space available for the match day squad yes, but if we were to sign two now that would still be ok.
At the minute I’d leave John out of the squad until Anderson or Wright  are injured or suspended.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:24:45 pm by dickos1 »

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #411 on January 24, 2020, 10:12:40 pm by Leedsrover »
whoops ! spellchecker called for!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #412 on January 27, 2020, 10:07:29 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Piece from DFP

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/dont-dismiss-sentiment-driving-frustration-among-doncaster-rovers-supporters-business-must-be-done-week-liam-hoden-column-1376096

Any bets on the mystery loan striker who's since made a dozen appearances for his Premier League club?

The only one I can think of that fits that bill is Greenwood at Man U?

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #413 on January 27, 2020, 10:08:59 am by Reesielad »
Piece from DFP

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/dont-dismiss-sentiment-driving-frustration-among-doncaster-rovers-supporters-business-must-be-done-week-liam-hoden-column-1376096

Any bets on the mystery loan striker who's since made a dozen appearances for his Premier League club?

The only one I can think of that fits that bill is Greenwood at Man U?

If twitter is to be believed then it was Aaron Connolly of Brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #414 on January 27, 2020, 10:32:25 am by Cameron Rowe »
Blunt is currently at the keepmoat...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #415 on January 27, 2020, 10:33:40 am by Filo »
Blunt is currently at the keepmoat...

I should think he is, thats where he works, allegedly 😀

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #416 on January 27, 2020, 11:07:22 am by adamtherover »
Aside from the snake leaving and DM joining, has anything happened in the background, it just seems remarkable
 that the snake could get bodies in no problem, good ones at that, and now.  Well..  you would think the principles are the same whoever's is the manager.. the player is targeted, then the suits do the deal..   if and it's a big IF, .... if no new bodies arrive before Friday,  is there anyone on here who will not be unhappy? 

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #417 on January 27, 2020, 11:09:05 am by Metalmicky »
I won't be unhappy...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #418 on January 27, 2020, 11:12:44 am by IDM »
I would be disappointed if we don’t bring anyone in, naturally, as we do need bodies.

But I’m not going to be dying in a ditch over it nor pelting the club/owners/chairman etc on social media..

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #419 on January 27, 2020, 11:15:14 am by adamtherover »
I won't be unhappy...
are you content with the current squad that it will see us to the end of the season then?  Allowing for obvious injury concerns..  and possible suspensions...?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012