Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:13:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 52050 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #330 on July 28, 2020, 07:28:30 am by Donnywolf »
Do you envisage a Poll Tax type uprising / backlash after that date.

It still looks to me that 52% of people (who voted in Referendum) voted Leave and 48 % voted Remain so there is a hard core (how big now would call for speculation) still of Leave voters

The GE was different but under our antiquated FPTP system there are potentially 43% of people who were happy to let Liar Johnson in as PM and his Party as the Government. 57% did not want LJ and his Party in charge and perhaps that rump of the Electorate - already anti Tory - could be the catalyst for genuine dissent ?

I still cant see where any great public outcry will come from though - they have the media onside - they can brief total crap itself proven lies and still not be held accountable. I am totally frustrated by their ability to be where the truth isnt (stolen quote re Geoff Boycott) and could stand it living under them if they just stopped lying / perverting the truth but I fear it is here to stay

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #331 on July 28, 2020, 10:52:24 pm by Not Now Kato »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #332 on July 28, 2020, 11:24:02 pm by SydneyRover »
Watching a doco series about Putin it's hard to believe how this lot sold their arses to him, especially as they must have seen him dispose of those that don't play the game.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #333 on July 29, 2020, 12:10:43 am by River Don »
Astonishing though it may seem, Trump may not actually be the worst choice for President this Autumn.

Check out Kanye West.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_content=3475373719&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesMainTwitter#413a4ff747aa

He's gonna run America like Wakanda because he's the most powerful person in the world. Apart from all them who have been taken over by alien superpowers.

Kanye is probably out to sell his new album first and formost. And he probably hopes to split the democrat vote, Christ knows what goes on in his bipolar mind but he does support Trump.

I will admit to being a fan of his early music, I don't think there are any producers who are as inventive and prolific in hiphop today as he is. I wonder if they did manage to stabilise him on whatever drugs, if the creativity would be the same.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #334 on July 29, 2020, 01:14:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
No correlation between artistic ability and political rationality RD.

Wagner produced THE most spellbinding music of all time. And espoused political ideas that led directly to Auschwitz.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #335 on July 29, 2020, 08:23:08 am by River Don »
It's any kind of rationality with Kanye. Sadly things do seem to be getting worse since his momma died.

This is a track by Talib Kwali, a rapper with a social conscience, from a decade ago. Kanye did all the heavy lifting with the production. It's pretty cool.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UVtpXvzzXiA

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #336 on July 29, 2020, 01:24:03 pm by MachoMadness »
He's undoubtedly a talent. You could even argue he's a legit genius. Apparently he's now refusing to take his bipolar medication though, as he feels it limits his creativity. I also get the impression he has people around him who are encouraging that sort of behaviour to generate press.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #337 on July 29, 2020, 11:15:52 pm by SydneyRover »
It often happens with those with bi-polar problems when they are in a good period they think they don't need to take the meds any more MM and the inevitable happens.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #338 on July 30, 2020, 05:54:25 pm by ravenrover »
No more needs saying , it has started

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #339 on July 30, 2020, 06:32:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So he's admitting he's such a shit President he can't even run a simple election properly. Congress won't wear it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #340 on July 30, 2020, 07:19:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Who could have predicted Trump would want to cancel the election?

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=276596.msg973772#msg973772

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #341 on August 04, 2020, 12:50:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus wept. Speechless.

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1290549715591979011

To think there are still 40% of Americans who will vote for this man in November.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #342 on August 04, 2020, 01:00:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Those blithe lies about deaths coming down in Arizona, Florida and Texas.

They MAY just have plateaued in Arizona. There's no sign whatsoever of them coming down in Texas and Florida, where the daily death rates went up 500% over July.

Government by lying when you are in a corner. About objective truth. Appalling that you can do this and no pay a penalty among your supporters.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #344 on August 04, 2020, 02:10:22 pm by idler »
It's like a badly written farce. How can anybody vote for him?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #345 on August 18, 2020, 10:34:30 pm by SydneyRover »
Interesting reading

''US Senate report goes beyond Mueller to lay bare Trump campaign's Russia links
Bipartisan intelligence panel says that Russian who worked on Trump’s 2016 bid was career spy, amid a stunning range of contacts''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/18/donald-trump-us-senate-report-russia-campaign

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #346 on August 23, 2020, 11:16:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just a reminder for anyone who still thinks Trump isn't a banana republic megalomaniac.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1297316972204630016

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #347 on August 23, 2020, 01:14:23 pm by MachoMadness »
Who the f**k even is Tiffany Trump!?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #348 on August 27, 2020, 08:58:59 pm by tyke1962 »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #349 on August 27, 2020, 09:38:12 pm by wilts rover »
Good read that Tyke. It doesn't explain Trump winning Michigan (where one side of the fufure Mrs Wilts Rover's family hail from) but I am sure it's a true reflection of live there for that poster.

Although of course there are people like that everywhere, as I said to the future Mrs Wilts Rover one time when we were watching some prats being stupid and annoying passers-by on Bristol Harbourside.

'Yes' she said 'but in America they let people like that have guns'.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #350 on August 27, 2020, 10:40:39 pm by MachoMadness »
An interesting read. Quite sobering to read that, then to open Twitter and see Tucker Carlson openly defending the white supremacist who murdered two people with an assault rifle in Kenosha. https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1298774196026322946?s=20

That's the biggest personality on the biggest news network in America justifying murder because it was done by one of his fans. Is it any wonder the country is so f**ked?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #351 on August 27, 2020, 11:04:12 pm by tyke1962 »
Good read that Tyke. It doesn't explain Trump winning Michigan (where one side of the fufure Mrs Wilts Rover's family hail from) but I am sure it's a true reflection of live there for that poster.

Although of course there are people like that everywhere, as I said to the future Mrs Wilts Rover one time when we were watching some prats being stupid and annoying passers-by on Bristol Harbourside.

'Yes' she said 'but in America they let people like that have guns'.

It's extremely difficult for me to understand what the poster has encountered whilst living and working in the deep south .

I was brought up the other way , my old man was a staunch trade union man whose principles weren't for sale and he was even getting arrested at Wapping in the 80's at an age when he probably shouldn't have .

It's inconceivable to me that I could ever vote for Donald Trump , the Republicans , Tories or anyone on that side of the political divide .

You could make an argument that my upbringing is a form of thought control but working class history tells you that the side that was probably chosen for me is the right side , I've seen very little in adulthood that's made me question it .

If find it totally bewildering that the colour of an ex Democrats President skin would lead to Donald Trump .

A black Tory PM wouldn't matter a jot to me because he's a Tory not a black man , what difference does it make what colour is skin is , its blue to me , which fits all of em .

I suppose a similar thing in this country to the deep south in the US  could be pointed at us with royalty and that privilege born from a bloodline is actually something to celebrate .

Don't get me started with that .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #352 on August 27, 2020, 11:42:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I was in small town Florida a few years ago. Flew in from Atlanta and was waiting for someone to pick me up and take me to my hotel. Stood outside the terminal. It was raining heavily.

A beautiful young woman came out if the terminal and stood a few feet from me, waiting for her own lift. We smiled and nodded.

After a couple of minutes, she looked at the skies and said, "Global warmin', huh?"

The only three words we exchanged but it spoke dozens of volumes.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #353 on August 28, 2020, 12:21:12 am by tyke1962 »
I was in small town Florida a few years ago. Flew in from Atlanta and was waiting for someone to pick me up and take me to my hotel. Stood outside the terminal. It was raining heavily.

A beautiful young woman came out if the terminal and stood a few feet from me, waiting for her own lift. We smiled and nodded.

After a couple of minutes, she looked at the skies and said, "Global warmin', huh?"

The only three words we exchanged but it spoke dozens of volumes.

Slightly different slant but I often wonder what it is about football that the Americans don't get .

It's good enough for the rest of the world because the facts are its the best sport of them all bar none .

How insular is it possible to be ? .

You may as well say oh sorry the internet isn't part of who we are and we reject it .

It also leads to the question of why that may be , US sports and franchises are phenomenal money makers for owners .

Feed them baseball , the NFL and basketball as their only real sports and you control the dollars .

You know , I know the reality is football would blow the US sports to smithereens and whats more importantly it would have them competing on a world stage and lead them to a more global world .

No the Boston Red Sox aren't World Champion's and neither are the Chicago Bears , they are the best in the US and absolutely nothing more .

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #354 on August 28, 2020, 02:30:20 pm by ravenrover »
On thst point I like the eay the claim World Champions in Sports that only they, with a few rubbish exveptions, play

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #355 on August 28, 2020, 08:44:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This, from the Economics Editor of that well known hysterically communist rag, The Economist.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanavent/status/1299365116673232896

Can you argue with it?

Janso

• Forum Member

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #357 on August 28, 2020, 09:17:11 pm by tyke1962 »
On thst point I like the eay the claim World Champions in Sports that only they, with a few rubbish exveptions, play

The thing about football is that you get heartache , even Brazilians suffer heartache with the national team , their own world cup in 2014 for example .

We as a nation are no stranger's to it to say the very least .

The US play very little team sports on the international stage or at least major sports .

Getting told you are the greatest nation in the world every day of your life and then finding out pretty quickly you aren't if they embraced the greatest sport on earth maybe something the ruling classes in the US  don't want to face .

After all a battering in Vietnam is one thing to bust the ego never mind a footballing one every four years .

Easier to be world champs at rounders when hardly anyone plays the stupid sport .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #358 on August 29, 2020, 10:31:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So what happens in November if Trump loses in a tight race and simply refuses to accept the validity of the result because (he claims, despite having no evidence) there is massive voter fraud?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #359 on August 29, 2020, 07:45:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So what happens in November if Trump loses in a tight race and simply refuses to accept the validity of the result because (he claims, despite having no evidence) there is massive voter fraud?

He gets turfed out of the White House in January when his terms ends and it doesn't matter whether he accepts the result or not.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012