Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Favourite films/suggestions  (Read 17417 times)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
Re: Favourite films/suggestions
« Reply #60 on October 08, 2020, 12:13:50 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Do we think Walt died then?

What a character Mike Ehrmantraut is.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 08, 2020, 12:57:36 pm by MachoMadness »
I believe there was a line in El Camino that confirmed he died, on a news report or something. Think it robs the story of something if he survives anyway, I can't really explain it.

Mike is great, and he's even better in BCS I reckon.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 08, 2020, 02:44:11 pm by redarmy82 »
I believe there was a line in El Camino that confirmed he died, on a news report or something. Think it robs the story of something if he survives anyway, I can't really explain it.

Just hope he doesn't check out before they film the last series.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 08, 2020, 03:14:37 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

Now you mention it, I seem to remember such a scene. Rest In Peace, Walter White.

I agree, arguably the best character in BCS.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 09, 2020, 09:07:07 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Has anyone ever seen Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri?

It was on Film 4 last night so we recorded it and are watching later.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on October 09, 2020, 09:41:45 am by colfromdonny »
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, child snatcher was scary and Benny Hill was great as the toymaker.  I saw the fim at the Odeon (Gaumont?) back in the day and the film stopped for an intermission for icecream as Chitty went off the cliff only for it to start flying when the film restarted, such relief  :woohoo: :woohoo:

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on October 09, 2020, 10:14:01 am by nightporter »

Yeah it's a good film. 

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on October 09, 2020, 10:18:40 am by nightporter »
I found an on demand service I'd never heard of called Pluto TV, online and through Virgin TV's Apps.  It has some great older films on, I'm currently watching Capricorn One, great film.

https://pluto.tv/on-demand

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 09, 2020, 10:56:40 am by adamtherover »

excellent film..

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 09, 2020, 01:33:11 pm by MachoMadness »

Great film. I don't know if you've seen In Bruges or Seven Psychopaths or any other Martin McDonagh films but if you liked them you'll like this.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 09, 2020, 02:44:02 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

Great film. I don't know if you've seen In Bruges or Seven Psychopaths or any other Martin McDonagh films but if you liked them you'll like this.

Thanks. I haven't, but Seven Psychopaths is on my list and I believe it is available on Netflix? I will also bear In Bruges in mind.

I'm reading some good reviews on Three Billboards. Looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 06:47:05 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 09, 2020, 10:09:11 pm by redarmy82 »
The first season of True Detective is outstanding. Matthew Mcconaughey is unreal.

Not so keen on seasons 2 and 3.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on October 09, 2020, 10:59:50 pm by MachoMadness »
I quite liked season 3 as well even though it wasn't a patch on S1. Season 2 did nowt for me though, not great. Although the Leonard Cohen song on the titles was good.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 12, 2020, 06:48:19 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

For anyone interested and after a decent film; we watched this on Friday night and it was brilliant. Well worth a couple of hours of your time, IMO.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on October 12, 2020, 07:13:13 pm by Superspy »
Seeing as we've skewed into series rather than just films, I'm currently most of the way through S2 of The Umbrella Academy. Really enjoyed it but I think you have to be a particular kind of person to like it. Dysfunctional family of superheroes trying to stop the apocalypse. The Boyz is great too, staying on the superhero genre, if you're comfortable with graphic violence.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 12, 2020, 09:19:59 pm by belton rover »
Totally agree with everything said about Breaking Bad. Better Call Saul is also brilliant.
I also enjoyed House of Cards, although the last season (without Kevin Spacey) was awful.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on October 12, 2020, 09:37:14 pm by ravenrover »
Well if we are talking tv the re-runs of Cheers are worth watching. I still chuckle at them

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on October 12, 2020, 10:06:47 pm by Janso »
Recently watched Designated Survivor. Thought it was really good, though the third season (incidentally, when Netflix picked it up) is a bit SJW-y compared to the rest of it and not as good as the first two. Shame they cancelled it as there was mileage in a fourth season.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 13, 2020, 09:01:50 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Seeing as we've skewed into series rather than just films, I'm currently most of the way through S2 of The Umbrella Academy. Really enjoyed it but I think you have to be a particular kind of person to like it. Dysfunctional family of superheroes trying to stop the apocalypse. The Boyz is great too, staying on the superhero genre, if you're comfortable with graphic violence.

Thanks. There was a time when I was all about series and not bothered about films. The Umbrella Academy and The Boyz are on my list.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 13, 2020, 09:04:08 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
It seems True Detective, Designated Survivor and House of Cards are popular, too.

I'm currently enjoying Ackley Bridge on Netflix  :laugh: :silly: a bit cringey, but easy watching at the same time.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 13, 2020, 09:13:11 am by silent majority »

Thanks. There was a time when I was all about series and not bothered about films. The Umbrella Academy and The Boyz are on my list.

I've tried with Umbrella Academy but failed to be enthralled with it. The Boyz though is a different kettle of fish, found it to be particularly absorbing.

If we are talking series rather than films can I throw into the mix a couple of others? The Mandalorian has been excellent, and nobody seems to have mentioned Sons of Anarchy or Black Mirror either.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 13, 2020, 09:26:56 am by IDM »
We never watched broadchurch when it was on telly but only series one has been on catch up services so far..

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on October 13, 2020, 09:44:31 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
We never watched broadchurch when it was on telly but only series one has been on catch up services so far..

We watched that a few years ago. Went out and bought the DVD's as we heard it was that good. I would happily watch that again! Where is it available, please?

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 13, 2020, 10:37:12 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

I've tried with Umbrella Academy but failed to be enthralled with it. The Boyz though is a different kettle of fish, found it to be particularly absorbing.

If we are talking series rather than films can I throw into the mix a couple of others? The Mandalorian has been excellent, and nobody seems to have mentioned Sons of Anarchy or Black Mirror either.

Looks like we've moved onto series haha. We have watched the majority of Black Mirror and really like it. It's very different and makes you think.

Never seen Sons of Anarchy! Heard many good things about it. Is there 7 seasons?

Any Game Of Thrones fans about? Is that worth my time?

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on October 13, 2020, 10:39:53 am by nightporter »
I loved Utopia on TV a few years ago and its on Amazon Prime now.  A US re-make is on there too, its watchable but UK version wipes the floor with it.  Very current too,  virus, pandemics, conspiracy. 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 13, 2020, 10:40:08 am by IDM »

We watched that a few years ago. Went out and bought the DVD's as we heard it was that good. I would happily watch that again! Where is it available, please?

I think series one was/is on itv player but not sure about the rest..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on October 13, 2020, 10:41:35 am by IDM »

Looks like we've moved onto series haha. We have watched the majority of Black Mirror and really like it. It's very different and makes you think.

Never seen Sons of Anarchy! Heard many good things about it. Is there 7 seasons?

Yes we loved it but it is a matter of taste.. some don’t..

Better to watch without reading the books first as they vary too much.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 13, 2020, 11:05:46 am by silent majority »

Sons does run to 7 series, and everyone was excellent.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on October 13, 2020, 11:09:07 am by ridgewoodrover »
If we’re talking box sets now .
If you’re into gritty police and life in a big city type series, I can thoroughly recommend The Wire.
I’ve watched it twice now , simply American tv at it’s very best.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on October 13, 2020, 12:52:51 pm by River Don »
Interesting how easily this discussion has slipped from big screen movies to TV serials.

With the way things are going with the cinema industry I wonder how much of a future big screen films have? The big studios are probably better off investing in open ended TV series made for streaming, rather than blockbuster features. Whatever, That's definitely the case whilst the virus is on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012