Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:26:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cobblers v Rovers  (Read 10032 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Cobblers v Rovers
« Reply #150 on December 05, 2020, 05:01:50 pm by Metalmicky »
Nice that Charlton lost 2 points in the 90+5 minute.....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on December 05, 2020, 05:03:06 pm by adamtherover »
If everyone wins their games in hand, we go 4th, I think everyone  would take that, after the disjointed displays we have seen of late...

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on December 05, 2020, 05:05:53 pm by Janso »
Much better. :)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on December 05, 2020, 05:07:24 pm by Dutch Uncle »
First time we have made 5 substitutions (in a competitive match) as well

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on December 05, 2020, 05:11:30 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Has anyone said Watters has 2 yet........?

Not yet, Mickey, so I will: Watters 2.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on December 05, 2020, 05:12:54 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well...

Hats off the DM. He had a plan and we won 2-0 and should have been three. Ok so they were rightly down to 10 men for more than 70 minutes and just put bodies behind the ball but we actually opened them up a few times and made it count.

A few thoughts:

Andy Butler is still a classy player.
Josh Sims - loves it here, and wants to stay... Is it wishful thinking to think we could sign him in January? He was great today. His workrate is phenomenal and he doesn’t half win the ball a lot.
Fej looks dejected - not sure what is going on bur his body language is clear. Never really got into the game. A couple of times he had the opportunity to run at a defender who was retreating and just gets off a tame shot straight to the keeper. He obviously has goals in him but he cuts a forlorn figure at the moment. He’s a big unit, and should be giving defenders more trouble.

I think I know what DM is trying to do with players playing in different positions - it’s to breed versatility - so different options open up. We are so used to players being one thing, but I think DM has new ideas... just a theory.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:18:19 pm by PDX_Rover »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on December 05, 2020, 05:13:21 pm by steve@dcfd »
If everyone wins their games in hand, we go 4th, I think everyone  would take that, after the disjointed displays we have seen of late...

Get Taylor and Gomes fit then we might be able to keep the side settled we found out today that JJ is the centre forward we need. Sims and Taylor. Whiteman, Smith and Richards with Gomes to come in. Defence today looked strong and Butler showed he can still do a job. Hasani is learning is trade but Williams is finding this level to much for him. Okenabirhie showed nothing again when he came on whether out wide or when he went down the middle. Copps came on but starter I’m not sure now

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on December 05, 2020, 05:15:21 pm by drfchound »
Well...

Hats off the DM. He had a plan and we won 2-0 and should have been three. Ok so they were rightly down to 10 men for more than 70 minutes and just put bodies behind the ball but we actually opened them up a fee times and made it count.

A few thoughts:

Andy Butler is still a classy player.
Josh Sims - loves it here, and wants to stay... Is it wishful thinking to think we could sign him in January? He was great today. His workrate is phenomenal and he doesn’t half won the ball a lot.
Fej looks dejected - not sure what is going on bur his body language is clear. Never really got into the game. A couple of times he had the opportunity to run at a defender who was retreating and just gets off a tame shot straight to the keeper. He obviously has goals in him but he cuts a forlorn figure at the moment. He’s a big unit, and should be giving defenders more trouble.

I think I know what DM is trying to do with players playing in different positions - it’s to breed versatility - so different options open up. We are so used to players being one thing, but I think DM has new ideas... just a theory.

Do you mean a bit like the Dutch way of the seventies.....Total Football.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on December 05, 2020, 05:18:58 pm by TheFunk »
Copps showed more class in the time he was on than anyone else. Job done I think is all you can say about that game.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on December 05, 2020, 05:19:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
Quite possibly Hound. With less weed.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on December 05, 2020, 05:21:51 pm by dickos1 »
Good win
We’re in good form at the moment, 3 wins in 4.
And we’re not playing our best either, sign of a good side

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on December 05, 2020, 06:54:33 pm by IDM »
Good win
We’re in good form at the moment, 3 wins in 4.
And we’re not playing our best either, sign of a good side

Indeed, and we have seen snippets this season of how much better we can play - it would be a concern if our recent performances were as good as it gets..

I couldn’t watch today but am delighted with the win.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012