Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:19:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Benefits Log  (Read 61399 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Benefits Log
« Reply #30 on January 15, 2021, 01:46:06 am by SydneyRover »
To me brexit never made much sense unless the government planned to get stuck into workers rights in all forms. Why would anyone as a business owner want to put up with the costs of all the hurdles if they couldn't be more than compensated for by reducing a major cost to running that business.

Kwateng

''“We are not going to lower the standards of workers’ rights,” he tweeted. “The UK has one of the best workers’ rights records in the world – going further than the EU in many areas. We want to protect and enhance workers’ rights going forward, not row back on them.”''

Can someone ask him what plans are in train for this and when will it happen???
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:52:40 am by SydneyRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 15, 2021, 10:44:47 am by selby »
  Spain are going to go about it the right way Sydney, they are going to put up the retirement age and likely to reduce state pensions by 5% a lot of pensioners in Spain have a retirement income of less than £6000 according to Reuters.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 15, 2021, 11:20:54 am by Not Now Kato »
  Spain are going to go about it the right way Sydney, they are going to put up the retirement age and likely to reduce state pensions by 5% a lot of pensioners in Spain have a retirement income of less than £6000 according to Reuters.

Strange you should mention it selby, our Government has been planning the increase in retirement age to 67 for some time

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/pensions/state-pension/changes-to-state-pension-age/

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 15, 2021, 11:38:59 am by SydneyRover »

It's already been done in Oz selby with those doing physical work getting the rough end of the pineapple of course.

Plus that during the pandemic instead of sufficient welfare people have been given early access to their super and of course those in the lower wage brackets have been forced to access more than the wealthy, which mean that on retirement they will have less to live on. Some of these ideas look ok at first glance but are full of bear traps.

https://www.amp.com.au/retirement/prepare-to-retire/retirement-age-australia

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 15, 2021, 11:41:51 am by SydneyRover »
Lots of people in Spain are doing it really tough as they had to live on their savings though the years following the GFC and now this.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 15, 2021, 11:42:22 am by Not Now Kato »
I would just like to acknowledge the extreme sensitivity of Brexiters, and the diligent care they're taking in not rubbing our noses in ANY brexit success stories: not one.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 15, 2021, 11:45:40 am by Filo »
It really pisses me off when someone got their state pension at 65 says increase the retirement age and decrease the amount. When I started my working life pension age was 65, now for me its 67. It was same for my company pension, made redundant at 48, at the time I could claim my pension at 50, just after I finished it was raised to 55, I’ve been hit both ways, so when some is sat there in their ivory towers preaching what others should get it really pisses me off!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 15, 2021, 11:47:42 am by Not Now Kato »
Here's a real Brexit Benefit - our fish are now happier....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2021/jan/14/jacob-rees-mogg-fish-british-happier-because-brexit-video

And people vote for these idiots?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 15, 2021, 11:52:53 am by Filo »
Here's a real Brexit Benefit - our fish are now happier....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2021/jan/14/jacob-rees-mogg-fish-british-happier-because-brexit-video

And people vote for these idiots?

I love eating happy Cod

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 15, 2021, 12:34:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I had a happy flatfish once. It was brill.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 15, 2021, 01:05:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I didn't really, I was joking, as was JRM!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 15, 2021, 04:34:13 pm by wilts rover »

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier:

You have to make him right though. British fish are going to be the happiest fish in the world right now - because no-one is catching them! As for British fisherman, well they don't seem to chuffed about this control they have taken back.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 15, 2021, 04:37:12 pm by selby »
  Ask the Netherlands government why they have resigned Billy and thank your lucky stars

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 15, 2021, 04:53:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I reckon Selby doesn't actually exist. His account is just wired into that computer that automatically generates Daily Mail headlines.

What the actual f**k has the resignation of the Dutch Govt, over a purely Dutch matter, got to do with anything connected with Brexit?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 15, 2021, 05:06:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier:

You have to make him right though. British fish are going to be the happiest fish in the world right now - because no-one is catching them! As for British fisherman, well they don't seem to chuffed about this control they have taken back.

Not surprising if all their schools are shut, they'll be staying in their beds.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 15, 2021, 06:44:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Ask the Netherlands government why they have resigned Billy and thank your lucky stars

Tell you what, pull your finger out and you ask them for us. Then perhaps you may have point to make.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 15, 2021, 07:47:10 pm by bpoolrover »
I reckon Selby doesn't actually exist. His account is just wired into that computer that automatically generates Daily Mail headlines.

What the actual f**k has the resignation of the Dutch Govt, over a purely Dutch matter, got to do with anything connected with Brexit?
you could say that about certain posters and the independent

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 15, 2021, 07:57:17 pm by Janso »

Today's input from the Minister for Whataboutery.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 15, 2021, 08:57:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

But you don't say it, apparently.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 15, 2021, 11:19:18 pm by Janso »

But you don't say it, apparently.

No, he just likes to deflect deflect deflect.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 17, 2021, 01:39:00 pm by Not Now Kato »
Here's another cracking response from Rabb....

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1350740369756008452

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 17, 2021, 02:09:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Raab's a national treasure int he? Wrapping himself up in the Union Jack (have you noticed how many Tory ministers have taken to having the flag in their office while they are interviewed?) and hoping we all forget about that book he wrote where he called the British working class idle layabouts.

And here he is now saying the crisis in the Scottish fishing industry isn't due to the Brexit deal.

Like some collective madness has just, totally coincidentally, engulfed the buyers and sellers of Scottish fish and they have forgotten how to trade with each other at PRECISELY the same time that Raab's Government has put barriers to the cross-Channel trade that Raab didn't realise was so important when he was Brexit Secretary.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 17, 2021, 03:28:14 pm by Not Now Kato »
Meanwhile, on a fishing forum I go on, anglers are up in arms following a posting from the Angling Trust....

The Angling Trust has joined forces with bait manufacturers Dynamite and Mainline in urgently seeking clarification on Brexit ruling which will effectively ban UK anglers from taking baits with them on fishing trips in Europe.

Since the UK-EU Trade Agreement came into force on January 1st, the export of baits derived from animal produce, such as boilies, requires a European Health Certificate (EHC) to be completed. At present, the EHC for baits of this sort are under the same requirements as exporting animal feed which involves exhaustive and expensive testing, and certification from a vet. To make export to Europe cost effective, the Angling Trust believes bait needs to sit under a simpler EHC classification.

Mark Owen, the Angling Trust’s Head of Freshwater, said:

“The Angling Trust has retained active engagement with the European Commission through our membership of the European Anglers Alliance and we will continue to press the EU to facilitate this change of EHC classification.

“It is apparent, from our understanding, that the current position will impact on anglers purchasing bait in England to go fishing in Europe once Covid travel restrictions are lifted as they would have to produce an EHC if challenged. We are presently seeking clarification that our interpretation is correct and more information will follow.”

Jamie Cook, Angling Trust CEO and keen carp angler, added:

“It’s ridiculous that fishing baits for a species that is returned alive are being treated as if they were part of the food production process. I have asked my team at the Angling Trust to work with the angling trade to press the European Commission to see sense.”

The Angling Trades Association also hope to provide a briefing on the issues next week.

The post Anglers to challenge Brexit bait ban appeared first on Angling Trust.

The irony is that those complaining are the very same people who voted for Brexit in the first place; of course, they blame the EU and still think Brexit is a good thing!

Whatever happened to education in this country?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 17, 2021, 03:50:15 pm by Filo »
Meanwhile, on a fishing forum I go on, anglers are up in arms following a posting from the Angling Trust....

The Angling Trust has joined forces with bait manufacturers Dynamite and Mainline in urgently seeking clarification on Brexit ruling which will effectively ban UK anglers from taking baits with them on fishing trips in Europe.

Since the UK-EU Trade Agreement came into force on January 1st, the export of baits derived from animal produce, such as boilies, requires a European Health Certificate (EHC) to be completed. At present, the EHC for baits of this sort are under the same requirements as exporting animal feed which involves exhaustive and expensive testing, and certification from a vet. To make export to Europe cost effective, the Angling Trust believes bait needs to sit under a simpler EHC classification.

“The Angling Trust has retained active engagement with the European Commission through our membership of the European Anglers Alliance and we will continue to press the EU to facilitate this change of EHC classification.

“It is apparent, from our understanding, that the current position will impact on anglers purchasing bait in England to go fishing in Europe once Covid travel restrictions are lifted as they would have to produce an EHC if challenged. We are presently seeking clarification that our interpretation is correct and more information will follow.”

“It’s ridiculous that fishing baits for a species that is returned alive are being treated as if they were part of the food production process. I have asked my team at the Angling Trust to work with the angling trade to press the European Commission to see sense.”

The Angling Trades Association also hope to provide a briefing on the issues next week.

The irony is that those complaining are the very same people who voted for Brexit in the first place; of course, they blame the EU and still think Brexit is a good thing!

I wonder if it will work the other way, when I was match fishing a lot of bloodworm came from Belgium, don’t know if its the same these days, but if it is I’m sure there will be barriers in the way now

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 18, 2021, 12:12:05 pm by Not Now Kato »

I wonder if it will work the other way, when I was match fishing a lot of bloodworm came from Belgium, don’t know if its the same these days, but if it is I’m sure there will be barriers in the way now

In theory, yes. But our customs rules are not in place at the moment to handle it.  Whether we will do so in time remains to be seen, though I somehow doubt it.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 18, 2021, 12:15:44 pm by Not Now Kato »
Here's a genuine benefit of the Withdrawal Agreement....

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2021/01/17/the-brexit-deal-locks-the-uk-into-continued-strasbourg-human-rights-court-membership/

Of course, it's just the same as we had before Brexit; but Brexiters aren't going to like the exposure of yet another lie!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 18, 2021, 12:21:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

In theory, yes. But our customs rules are not in place at the moment to handle it.  Whether we will do so in time remains to be seen, though I somehow doubt it.

The rules are there, but not the systems and trained personnel to implement them. They cost money!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 18, 2021, 01:39:10 pm by Not Now Kato »

The rules are there, but not the systems and trained personnel to implement them. They cost money!

Thanks for the correction Glyn.  It's a sign of the way this government handled the whole Brexit thing that the EU were fully prepared from day one and we weren't.  As you say, these things cost money and the usual UK way is to do things down to a price, not up to a standard!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 18, 2021, 06:02:13 pm by selby »
  They weren't that good with chips for their cars in Germany.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012