Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:13:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Levelling up agenda  (Read 7493 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: Levelling up agenda
« Reply #60 on January 15, 2021, 09:38:43 pm by belton rover »
Do children get packages tailored to any medical needs or are they all expected to get the same and lump it if it's not appropriate?
They should, and hopefully they will. But it will not just happen at the click of your fingers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 15, 2021, 09:55:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Do children get packages tailored to any medical needs or are they all expected to get the same and lump it if it's not appropriate?
They should, and hopefully they will. But it will not just happen at the click of your fingers.

From what I've seen it looks like 'one size fits all', but I'm not sure which is why I've asked in case anyone knows.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 15, 2021, 10:03:16 pm by SydneyRover »
I don't recall anyone criticising the efforts that schools are making.

The issue is provision for kids not in school. And a private company convincing Govt it would be better to let them provided food packages with something like a 300% overhead on the wholesale cost, because it was a better solution than simply giving parents food vouchers. Then serving up the shite we've seen this week.
So do you criticise the help that the government is giving schools in terms of chromebooks, in school learning and meals provided for them?
Schools could not do what they are doing without extra support from the government.

Isn't that what the government's role is to provide the means to educate all children to the highest  possible standard, equal across the board, and if required provide the necessary nutrition to enable them to grow and be able to learn?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:07:47 pm by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 15, 2021, 10:25:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton.

Of course schools couldn't do this without the Govt funding. I'm not questioning that. You're setting up a straw man.

I'm criticising PART of the response. You are inferring that I'm criticising it all.

The bits I'm criticising are.

1) why has it taken 10 months to get on top of the hardware issue when Govt knew it was a problem last March?

2) Why has govt outsourced provision of FSM to kids not at school to a company which is providing such a risible product with a 2-300% overhead?

Do you accept that?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:28:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 15, 2021, 10:36:18 pm by belton rover »
I accept it Billy
You’re only criticising the things you think are worthy of criticism.

But you also posted a menu of food that is absolutely not a true reflection of what most of our needy children are receiving.

Scandalous.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:45:22 pm by belton rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 15, 2021, 10:39:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You’re only criticising the things you think are worthy of criticisism.

Doesn't everybody?

Things that you think are worthy of criticism deserve to be criticised. Criticising things that you think aren't wirthy is just bizarre.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 15, 2021, 10:41:33 pm by belton rover »
Quote from: Glyn_Wigley link=
topic=279112.msg1017126#msg1017126 date=1610750387
You’re only criticising the things you think are worthy of criticisism.

Doesn't everybody?

Things that you think are worthy of criticism deserve to be criticised. Criticising things that you think aren't wirthy is just bizarre.
Not even worthy of a response.
Yet I’ve responded. More fool me.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 15, 2021, 10:49:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton.

1) Well yes. That's kind of how criticism works. The things you are pointing out are really very straightforward issues that Govt exists to manage correctly. We expect that of a basically competent  Govt and it goes without comment. Just as you wouldn't expect someone to post once a month praising the Govt for making sure soldiers were paid on time.

2) I posted a menu that is taken directly from the Govt guidance to the suppliers of FSM to kids not in school, and a list of things that a supplier has supplied. I genuinely do not understand your point.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 15, 2021, 10:50:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Belton.

1) Well yes. That's kind of how criticism works. The things you are pointing out are really very straightforward issues that Govt exists to manage correctly. We expect that of a basically competent  Govt and it goes without comment. Just as you wouldn't expect someone to post once a month praising the Govt for making sure soldiers were paid on time.

2) I posted a menu that is taken directly from the Govt guidance to the suppliers of FSM to kids not in school, and a list of things that a supplier has supplied. I genuinely do not understand your point.

Not even worthy of a response, apparently.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 15, 2021, 10:50:53 pm by belton rover »
 So why post it, Billy?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:55:28 pm by belton rover »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 15, 2021, 10:53:57 pm by belton rover »
Belton.

Why would you think some one else’s post isn’t worthy of a response just because your post  isn’t?
What? Wait? Unless you’re all in this together! Now there’s a thought.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:56:19 pm by belton rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 15, 2021, 10:56:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Anyway. Good to see you're well again.

I wonder if you've been reflecting on the Trump transition while you've been ill.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 15, 2021, 10:59:21 pm by belton rover »

I wonder if you've been reflecting on the Trump transition while you've been ill.
Reflecting?
No time for reflecting - I’ve been digging a bunker ready for the annihilation. I’m almost down to China. Do you think I’ll be safe there?

But thanks. Incredibly, I tested negative, but the rest of my family were positive.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on January 15, 2021, 11:07:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Belton.

Why would you think some one else’s post isn’t worthy of a response just because your post  isn’t?

Well, as BST's said pretty much the same thing as mine I thought it was a safe assumption that you'd want to treat it the same.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 15, 2021, 11:16:02 pm by belton rover »
Belton.

Well, as BST's said pretty much the same thing as mine I thought it was a safe assumption that you'd want to treat it the same.
Quite right Glyn-I disregard everything in bold type.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 15, 2021, 11:19:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Next time I'll delete everything else and just leave the bit I would have made bold. Maybe that'll work.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 15, 2021, 11:51:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Reflecting?
No time for reflecting - I’ve been digging a bunker ready for the annihilation. I’m almost down to China. Do you think I’ll be safe there?

But thanks. Incredibly, I tested negative, but the rest of my family were positive.
So presumably you got a false negstive test result? That'll upset some folk in here.

Anyway. Grand to see it hasn't had any lasting effects. You're still just as good at misrepresenting as you ever were.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 16, 2021, 10:12:29 am by belton rover »
I was absolutely convinced I would test positive, as I had symptoms and the other five members of my household were positive at the time.

I have no idea whether I was wrong or the test. I don’t know why you would presume it was a false negative.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 16, 2021, 10:18:53 am by wilts rover »
I was absolutely convinced I would test positive, as I had symptoms and the other five members of my household were positive at the time.

I have no idea whether I was wrong or the test. I don’t know why you would presume it was a false negative.

That is a bit strange, but good news that you made a full recovery. Hope Mrs Belton and the rest of the family are all well too.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 16, 2021, 10:28:35 am by wilts rover »
I accept it Billy

But you also posted a menu of food that is absolutely not a true reflection of what most of our needy children are receiving.

Scandalous.

Do you have any evidence for this Belton?

The only contradictory evidence that I have seen of schools, sending out more than what the government has recommended is from me and you here and a few callers on the radio who say they are local resteraunts providing school meals in their area free of charge. This would appear to be individual schools going against government guidance rather than praise for companies following it.

Marcus Rashford said he had been contacted by thousands of parents, there have been dozens of callers on the radio from all over the country and photos and reports in many local papers, including in Wiltshire, of schools sending out parcels similar to that Billy posted.

I would like to think most are not - but I haven't seen any evidence of that?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 16, 2021, 10:44:37 am by SydneyRover »

Good to hear you came through it ok, best wishes for all your family.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 16, 2021, 11:37:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »

False negatives do happen. And it would be very strange indeed for you to be in close contact with several people with the virus, have the same symptoms as them and not actually have the virus. A false negstive test seems like the most plausible explanation.

Anyway, genuinely good news that you're all OK. I was speaking last week to someone I know in South Africa. He said he lost three friends to COVID over the Xmas holiday, all in their 40s. It must be a right bas**rd and personally, I'm hoping I get the vaccine before getting the virus.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 16, 2021, 12:16:47 pm by belton rover »

That is a bit strange, but good news that you made a full recovery. Hope Mrs Belton and the rest of the family are all well too.
Thanks, Wilts

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 16, 2021, 12:17:57 pm by belton rover »

Good to hear you came through it ok, best wishes for all your family.

Thanks, Sydney

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 16, 2021, 12:37:24 pm by belton rover »
I accept it Billy

Scandalous.

The only contradictory evidence that I have seen of schools, sending out more than what the government has recommended is from me and you here and a few callers on the radio who say they are local resteraunts providing school meals in their area free of charge. This would appear to be individual schools going against government guidance rather than praise for companies following it.

Marcus Rashford said he had been contacted by thousands of parents, there have been dozens of callers on the radio from all over the country and photos and reports in many local papers, including in Wiltshire, of schools sending out parcels similar to that Billy posted.

No evidence in terms of thousands of people contacting Marcus Rashford to say they are happy with free school meals, or dozens of people on the radio expressing their thanks for the meals.

I listened to a radio show where callers were urged to call in about the disgraceful free meals. Several did. I called in to give an alternative opinion from my own experience of local kids and parents being happy with their parcels. I never got past the producer.

I can only assume my views didn’t fit in with the radio station’s narrative.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 16, 2021, 01:13:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I accept it Billy

Scandalous.

No evidence in terms of thousands of people contacting Marcus Rashford to say they are happy with free school meals, or dozens of people on the radio expressing their thanks for the meals.

I listened to a radio show where callers were urged to call in about the disgraceful free meals. Several did. I called in to give an alternative opinion from my own experience of local kids and parents being happy with their parcels. I never got past the producer.

Do you mean like a sort of the truth - the half-truth, and nothing but the half-truth type of propaganda programme that's palmed off as the whole truth?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 16, 2021, 01:38:42 pm by drfchound »
I accept it Billy

Scandalous.

That will be a news programme that has filtered information only going out.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 16, 2021, 08:39:07 pm by wilts rover »
I accept it Billy

Scandalous.

So you don't have any evidence that the menu that posted is not what most of our needy children are recieving then?

Despite it being the offical government guidance of what our needy children should recieve?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 16, 2021, 08:44:22 pm by Filo »
Last week I took food from one Academy School around here to a School 10 miles away in the same academy, I can confirm the food I took, in bulk, was broadly in line with the pictures posted during last week

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 16, 2021, 10:03:17 pm by belton rover »
I accept it Billy

Scandalous.

So you don't have any evidence that the menu that posted is not what most of our needy children are recieving then?

Despite it being the offical government guidance of what our needy children should recieve?
Look, Wilts, as I have already stated, my experience of free school meals is that they are much better quality than the photos shown on rolling TV news and described in the ‘dozens’ (wow) of callers you have listened to. Do you want me to post the names and addresses of the kids I am talking about as proof of evidence?

I totally accept and I am appalled that many children are receiving sub standard meals, but that does not mean that is the norm.

We are a nation of whingers and whiners. If there weren’t any unacceptable food parcels to moan about, the moaners wouldn’t suddenly wax lyrical about how good the parcels are, they’d just find something else to moan about in a ‘we’ll just brush the good stuff under the carpet’ kind of way.

For what it’s worth, I think vouchers are the best way forward, but that will come with problems of its own.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012