Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:22:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Moore got it wrong today  (Read 9902 times)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
Moore got it wrong today
« on January 23, 2021, 04:59:40 pm by swain_drfc »
That team screamed of being scared. I understand that the squad is thin at the moment but as soon as we brought Taylor Richards on the pitch who wanted the ball at his feet and drive at West Ham we started to create. DM got it wrong today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Moore got it wrong today
« Reply #1 on January 23, 2021, 05:01:29 pm by Filo »
That team screamed of being scared. I understand that the squad is thin at the moment but as soon as we brought Taylor Richards on the pitch who wanted the ball at his feet and drive at West Ham we started to create. DM got it wrong today.

I agree totally

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2021, 05:02:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
West Ham were coasting when Richards came on.

They did a professional job on us. They took the game seriously and we were never going to be in it in those circumstances.

Take it on the chin, forget it and win on Tuesday.

Big Fey

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 23, 2021, 05:05:06 pm by Big Fey »
If Richards was dropped due to being naffed off at being subbed on Tuesday,   well I dont know what to say..   

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2021, 05:05:15 pm by StocksArmy »
You are going to take a bashing for this swain but I totally agree. Out with a whimper and not the look of a team who should be full of confidence. I dont think anybody expected a win but a fight would have been nice.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2021, 05:05:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Always going to be hard when they take it seriously but conceding after 1min means it's hard to say with how Moore set us up. Obviously wasn't the plan.

What i would say is 4 centre halves at the back against quicker cleverer players isn't the way to go. Blackburn pitch was terrible so suited that game but Wright and John couldn't get close anyone.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 23, 2021, 05:06:00 pm by mushRTID »

They did a professional job on us. They took the game seriously and we were never going to be in it in those circumstances.

Agree with all this but I also agree Moore got it wrong.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 23, 2021, 05:06:12 pm by EasyforDennis »
Agree that Taylor Richards should have been on from the start. No doubt he will be for the game that matters on Tuesday.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 23, 2021, 05:08:07 pm by graingrover »
I give praise to West Ham for picking such a strong starting eleven .As far our lads they stuck to the job and did not let their heads drop .Darren does warrant that the first post match thread to criticise him...but maybe that is another matter .

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 23, 2021, 05:08:21 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
I agree 100%, Darren got it wrong today, should of started with Richards and dropped John, we looked a completely different team going forward when Richards came on.

Big game on Tuesday, this one has gone now, chins up and move on.

Must admit though, West Ham do look a bloody good team this year, good luck to them honestly

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 23, 2021, 05:12:07 pm by jmt23 »
Yeah, whilst I'm pretty flat about that game - I'm not quite sure what anybody got out of it. The league is what matters, and so does getting players in.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 23, 2021, 05:12:19 pm by Draytonian III »

Totally agree

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2021, 05:13:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
You are having a laugh, surely? Even if we’d still had Whiteman, Sims and JJ fit, we would have lost that game. We’re down to the absolute minimum, squad wise and it showed. That is the most I’ve seen our back 4 look rattled all season.

Recharge and go again on Tuesday.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2021, 05:13:42 pm by Chris the Rover »
Who’s to say Richards wasn’t 100 percent fit? DM may have been protecting him. He did look very good when he came on though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2021, 05:14:30 pm by Chris Black come back »

Agree with this. They were never going to let us play football.

Our entire wage bill is capped at £2.5million. That is the equivalent of a player earning 48k per week. West Ham will have several players on double that and I imagine there will be few in their starting XI that earn less than that.

They are a solid top tier team and Moyes wanted to win today. We were never going to win if they gave a shit and it showed in the result.

Good experience, a few quid in our pockets and our next game will seem easy by comparison!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2021, 05:14:55 pm by Campsall rover »
You are going to take a bashing for this swain but I totally agree. Out with a whimper and not the look of a team who should be full of confidence. I dont think anybody expected a win but a fight would have been nice.
So we didn’t try then? Sorry can’t agree with you. We were up against a team focused on getting the job done and that is what they did. We gave it our best shot we were up against a very good team, high on confidence. Conceding so early certainly did not help.
Yes we looked better when Taylor-Richards and Simoes came on but DM picked the team based on fitness and with a heavy league programme ahead.
Seriously do you think we would have had a chance whatever our starting line up was today.
If a premier league team is focused as West Ham were then it isn’t going to make much difference.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2021, 05:16:36 pm by Rovers91 »
Shows the strength in depth that West Ham team have got currently put out a very strong team yet made 7 changes.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 23, 2021, 05:16:45 pm by 5 on Tour »
I agree. If James and Halliday are filling positions in midfield then the other player in with them has to be more attack minded as those 2 are both naturally defensive. Smith as the holding man is also more defensively minded so where does the spark come from in the middle? Richards balances that equation far better than Smith. Smith on the other hand looked much better when Whiteman could provide the spark next to him as he could be the one providing that “ball winning” role.

I quite like the 4 CB’s across the back line but let’s be honest no combination we posses could combat West Ham’s attack when firing on all cylinders.

If we lost 10-0 today and go on to get promoted then I couldn’t care less. Let’s hope DM learns from today and we move forward.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 23, 2021, 05:21:25 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Whether a L1 manager with loan players got it wrong against a million pound plus Premiership team is slightly academic. Unlikely we would have done much better against a vastly superior team on the day, if tactics were different. See Forest lost 5.1 at same division Swansea. It happens, as said accept it and move on...

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 23, 2021, 05:22:02 pm by POD »
We were playing the Premiership form team on their home pitch with a choice of 21 quality players against our 13/14.   It would have been nice if we could have got more of the ball (which we usually have in L1) but we couldn’t manage that mainly due to the quality of the opposition.   

Try not to be ‘gloom and doom’ and let’s be thankful that we have reached the 4th round of the cup, given the players a great experience to learn from, made quite a bit of money and are still very handily placed in L1.   

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 23, 2021, 05:23:00 pm by swain_drfc »
You are having a laugh, surely? Even if we’d still had Whiteman, Sims and JJ fit, we would have lost that game. We’re down to the absolute minimum, squad wise and it showed. That is the most I’ve seen our back 4 look rattled all season.

Recharge and go again on Tuesday.

Nah not having a laugh fella. I agree we most certainly would have probably lost however there are ways to lose games. I do feel with Taylor Richards in the side we would have looked a lot more threatening and would have had that outlet to switch defence into attack. That starting line up as I said looked as though we just didn’t want to get hammered. Make your own mind up whether 4-0 is a hammering or not. I’m a massive Moore fan but I just think today he got it wrong.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 23, 2021, 05:25:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
The only thing DM will have learnt from today and would already knew we have a paper thin squad. He already said we need more in midfield and today prove it. We move on to Tuesday with only two centre midfield players and utilities we hopefully may have another one for Tuesday. Yes Richards should have started with Smith but they the only two we have for Tuesday. So we move on to the priority game and hopefully we can get a win won’t be easy.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 23, 2021, 05:26:30 pm by Donnywolf »
West Ham did to Rovers (41 places below them) what Wolves should have done to Chorley (109 places below them)

For me the gulf was clear to see after WHU scored early doors and throughout the game but thats what FA Cup games usually produce when Prem play Div 1 and as BST said above lets batter AFCW as that is where we need to be getting a result

Anyway we would not have beaten LFC

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 23, 2021, 05:28:47 pm by Spud »
We've had a good run & made a few much needed bob. Full credit to WH & Moyes today, class apart but made sure they had the right attitude to make it count.
We'd have lost that game whatever side we put out today, what if Richards had started & got injured? As it is he's hopefully fresh & hungry for Tuesday, along with AJ.
Onwards & upwards, back to the main event.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 23, 2021, 05:29:52 pm by StocksArmy »
So we didn’t try then? Sorry can’t agree with you. We were up against a team focused on getting the job done and that is what they did. We gave it our best shot we were up against a very good team, high on confidence. Conceding so early certainly did not help.
Yes we looked better when Taylor-Richards and Simoes came on but DM picked the team based on fitness and with a heavy league programme ahead.
Seriously do you think we would have had a chance whatever our starting line up was today.
If a premier league team is focused as West Ham were then it isn’t going to make much difference.

Can I just ask how you know Moore picked the team based on "fitness and a heavy league programme"? Also yes conceding early killed us as you say. Therefore we went out with a whimper. Created next to nothing, team selection very negative. What do you want me to say? Can I just point out to you if you care to read my post again that I said i didnt expect to win. Do you really think we had a real go and gave a propper account of ourselves? If you do then im out.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 23, 2021, 05:31:20 pm by NickDRFC »
I thought West Ham played very well today and shows the strength in depth but the side they put out was by no means packed with first team regulars - only 4 of the 11 have played regularly for them recently.

I was disappointed first half that we didn’t really look up for it and we gave them too much respect but to be fair we made more of a fight in the second half. We were second best to a better team so no real complaints from me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 05:33:40 pm by NickDRFC »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 23, 2021, 05:32:04 pm by since-1969 »
Did you want to win today or Tuesday because DM understood with a depleted side lack quality to pick from upfront , weakness through gaps midfield and lack of numbers over all to select from , so 4-0 was a good score if we win 2-0 on Tuesday in the league .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 23, 2021, 05:32:50 pm by Campsall rover »
West Ham did to Rovers (41 places below them) what Wolves should have done to Chorley (109 places below them)

For me the gulf was clear to see after WHU scored early doors and throughout the game but thats what FA Cup games usually produce when Prem play Div 1 and as BST said above lets batter AFCW as that is where we need to be getting a result

Anyway we would not have beaten LFC
Think we might have had more chance against Liverpool today than West Ham.  But it is irrelevant.

We move on and the focus is on getting 3 points on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 05:37:43 pm by Campsall rover »

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 23, 2021, 05:36:40 pm by Northants Nomad »
Did you want to win today or Tuesday because DM understood with a depleted side lack quality to pick from upfront , weakness through gaps midfield and lack of numbers over all to select from , so 4-0 was a good score if we win 2-0 on Tuesday in the league .

Oh my goodness - I find myself agreeing with since-1969. What on earth is happening with the world?
I think Moore got it spot on today if the plan was to get this game done and prepare for Tuesday.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 23, 2021, 05:36:54 pm by DonnyNoel »
Disappointing to go the same way as the Palace game, L1 results rubbing a bit of salt into it too.

Hopefully a quick 3pts heals all wounds.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012