Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:50:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baroness Jones  (Read 11439 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Baroness Jones
« Reply #210 on March 27, 2021, 01:51:46 pm by Ldr »
Step outside the law, face the consequences, no sympathy

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on March 27, 2021, 01:59:37 pm by MachoMadness »
Did you say the same at Orgreave and Hillsborough as well?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on March 27, 2021, 02:02:28 pm by Ldr »
Did you say the same at Orgreave and Hillsborough as well?

I would have if I was old enough. Applies to police too mind.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on March 27, 2021, 09:46:09 pm by SydneyRover »
All one sided heh?

when the police are armed, trained, wearing protection and have the protection and go-head from the government I suppose you're right rr

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on March 29, 2021, 08:46:44 pm by wilts rover »

Which law did that journalist, doing his job reporting the news, step outside of to be assaulted by a police officer?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on March 30, 2021, 10:39:34 pm by SydneyRover »
''Ambiguous, confusing and a mess is how the current coronavirus regulations dealing with protest have been described by MPs and peers tasked with scrutinising the government’s record on human rights. And it is the backdrop to the police versus protesters debate that should not be ignored''

''The UK government has been keen to emphasise that the police service is operationally independent and it is not appropriate for ministers (PATEL) to instruct forces on how to behave. But the government is responsible for the legislation that the police must enforce''

''In fact, the Joint Committee on Human Rights (JCHR), a cross-party group, concluded that protest has never has been completely illegal during the pandemic, even under lockdown''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/30/ever-changing-covid-rules-on-protest-set-up-conflict-with-the-police

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on September 14, 2023, 04:29:18 am by SydneyRover »
''Met police pays damages to women arrested at Sarah Everard vigil
Apology and ‘substantial’ payouts to Patsy Stevenson and Dania al-Obeid mark major climbdown after years of legal battles''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/14/met-police-pays-damages-to-women-arrested-at-sarah-everard-vigil

Did you blame the women?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on September 14, 2023, 04:28:57 pm by ravenrover »
The ginger haired one seemed determined to be arrested with somebody conveniently there to capture the moment. JMHO

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on September 14, 2023, 10:04:02 pm by SydneyRover »
Gosh someone took a smartphone when they went out.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on September 15, 2023, 07:20:02 am by DRFC_AjA »
Statistically a man is more likely to be attacked/victim of a violent crime when out. And more likely to be arrested. So can we all stop falling for this fragile female act just because little precious ginger got arrested for being a t**t. Not in any way condoning what happened to Everard and the guy should rot in jail but stop falling for this feminist driven nonsense that every woman is discrimatrd against or a victim every day

People need to start realising what this 'men are the porblem'  propaganda does to men's mental health. It's no wonder rus men are topping ourselves at an ever increasing rate when it's now become socially acceptable for all and everyone to have a go
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 07:25:22 am by DRFC_AjA »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on September 15, 2023, 07:25:10 am by SydneyRover »
''Scotland Yard has apologised and paid “substantial damages” to two women arrested during the vigil for Sarah Everard, in a major climbdown following years of legal battles over the policing of the event.
In a move that the new Metropolitan police commissioner, Mark Rowley, will hope draws a line under one of the darkest periods of the Met’s recent history, the force acknowledged that it was “understandable” that Patsy Stevenson and Dania Al-Obeid had wanted to attend a candlelit vigil at Clapham Common because they felt women had been “badly let down”.

The women told the Guardian the apology had been hard-won and was welcome, but vowed to continue to “speak up about police abuse” and fight for better policing of violence against women and girls''

From the link posted above

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on September 15, 2023, 07:39:36 am by SydneyRover »
''The two former England internationals swapped X accounts for five days without telling anyone. The results were predictable''

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/14/get-back-into-the-kitchen-what-happened-when-jill-scott-and-gary-neville-swapped-social-media-accounts

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on September 15, 2023, 08:26:46 am by DRFC_AjA »
''The two former England internationals swapped X accounts for five days without telling anyone. The results were predictable''

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/14/get-back-into-the-kitchen-what-happened-when-jill-scott-and-gary-neville-swapped-social-media-accounts

Yes it's so vital that we focus on what Russian bots are saying. Don't let's focus on why boys always leave school with lower grades and why men have a shorter life span. But no, let's continue the men are evil nonesense

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on September 15, 2023, 08:49:16 am by roversdude »
I’m guessing they will donate all of the damages to  their worthy cause

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on September 15, 2023, 09:38:55 am by SydneyRover »

Post #21 thus thread

I think and hope most on this forum have an understanding of what the issue is. It’s not about trying to paint all men as monsters or trying to argue that men aren’t subject to violent crimes. But it is about men recognising the fear and danger that all women are exposed to just going about our daily lives. It’s trying to get men to have that appreciation and to be active in reducing that fear. That’s through just been aware of how your presence may cause fear or pulling up others whose action is just not acceptable no matter how funny they may think it is.
I am a 60+ year old woman. The number of times in my adult life where at some point I have felt apprehension or fear or discomfort because of men’s actions is scary. I must add mostly innocent actions but still enough to cause negative emotions. I have spoken to many male friends about this. They have all been totally unaware of how it must feel. Some of you have already given examples of different scenarios........the list is very long. 
Maybe it’s something I will raise with the club. Something more we can do to be at the forefront of community and supporter issues. Football clubs have a captive audience so maybe we can use that to really get the message across.
And maybe one day I can walk back to my car after a night match without forever looking over my shoulder, without having my car keys ready as a weapon, without carrying an alarm, without always walking down the middle of a road in fear of anyone jumping out from the shadows, without jumping in my car and immediately locking the door........and no I’m not actually a nervous or easily intimidated person......and yes, of course I could park in the car park or ask someone to walk with me......but why the hell should I!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012