Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:57:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Local Elections And Hartlepool  (Read 24411 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Local Elections And Hartlepool
« Reply #450 on May 08, 2021, 10:18:37 am by SydneyRover »
You'd have lost your house if you put your money where you mouth is aye?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #451 on May 08, 2021, 10:18:47 am by wilts rover »
The Guardian view make for interesting reading this morning.

They feel that to reconnect in places like Hartlepool, Labour must present their vision of a succesful Brexit.

This will probably disillusion half the party no doubt. The fact is though, this government is pushing it through. If half the Labour Party trooped off to the Lid Dems in protest, that would just leave the left more divided.

If Labour doesn't turn it's attention to this, then Brexit could well remain the dividing line in politics. If Labour wants to get back to talking about other issues, it's got to put Brexit to bed.

Presenting Brexit as being successful would clearly upset quite a few on here.
Most of whom are Labour people.

Brexit is been done and gone whatever the Guardian says.

What the Labour Party need to do is provide their view of a successful Britain after Brexit.

Because Johnson's is a fantasy and he and his party know it - although his acolytes on here are still looking for unicorns. Which is why there will be an early GE, before the effects of it lost trade & more insecure jobs, really begin to kick-in.

Although the current and near future political situations in both Scotland & Northern Ireland may have a very big bearing on that - and exactly how much of 'Britain' will be under the control on the UK government come the next GE.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #452 on May 08, 2021, 10:23:56 am by wilts rover »
  Filo, look at where when I was a kid I played tennis, bowls. walked in gardens with flower beds and played in the children's park with slides, bobby's helmet, swings, and sand pit, they are building houses on it.
  Go on the Askern Photo group page on facebook and take a look at the amenities the village had from the 1920's that no longer exist, and read the comments what residents in the village think about it.
  As for Leeds Syd I am hoping for an implosion and second year syndrome like Sheffield United, at least I can be wrong about something, it seems you think you are never wrong, but In think some of us know better.

But what do you expect with a Tory Government in power Selby? Tory governments don't support tax-payer funded public services - and they certainly don't give money to Labour councils who do.

And however old you are (unless you were born between 1997 & 1999), Tory governments have been in power for most of your life.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #453 on May 08, 2021, 10:36:36 am by drfchound »

They feel that to reconnect in places like Hartlepool, Labour must present their vision of a succesful Brexit.

This will probably disillusion half the party no doubt. The fact is though, this government is pushing it through. If half the Labour Party trooped off to the Lid Dems in protest, that would just leave the left more divided.

If Labour doesn't turn it's attention to this, then Brexit could well remain the dividing line in politics. If Labour wants to get back to talking about other issues, it's got to put Brexit to bed.

What the Labour Party need to do is provide their view of a successful Britain after Brexit.

Because Johnson's is a fantasy and he and his party know it - although his acolytes on here are still looking for unicorns. Which is why there will be an early GE, before the effects of it lost trade & more insecure jobs, really begin to kick-in.

Although the current and near future political situations in both Scotland & Northern Ireland may have a very big bearing on that - and exactly how much of 'Britain' will be under the control on the UK government come the next GE.

Wilts, just to be clear matey, I fully agree that Brexit is done and dusted.
Whoever is in power now or in the future HAS to make the best of it.
I voted remain (Sydney, take note again) and was disappointed when the outcome was leave but I realise that as a country we have to crack on.
Benefits won’t come overnight and we won’t know for quite some time whether it will be good or bad for us and then it will be with the good old hindsight benefit.
Yes, Labour do need to present themselves properly with that in mind but Starmer might not be the man to do it despite him being lauded as the new messiah not so long ago.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #454 on May 08, 2021, 10:44:01 am by SydneyRover »
I took note hound I just can't find where you said why you voted remain, is all

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #455 on May 08, 2021, 10:46:01 am by selby »
  I know all that Wilts and in all that time there has been no recognisable difference, in fact I would hazard a guess which it is a guess nui I think more big employers in the Doncaster area shut down in the Blair years than any others.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #456 on May 08, 2021, 10:46:38 am by drfchound »

None so blind as will not see.
Good grief, I have even told you where to find it.
For such a wise man you find simple things very difficult.
For the record, I have said it many times on the forum.
You should have spotted that when you go back through my posts.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #457 on May 08, 2021, 10:53:08 am by selby »
  I know all that Wilts and in all that time there has been no recognisable difference, in fact I would hazard a guess which it is a guess nui I think more big employers in the Doncaster area shut down in the Blair years than any others.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #458 on May 08, 2021, 11:07:11 am by SydneyRover »

I have some paint to watch, your random thoughts are not that important to me

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #459 on May 08, 2021, 11:27:41 am by Filo »
  Filo, look at where when I was a kid I played tennis, bowls. walked in gardens with flower beds and played in the children's park with slides, bobby's helmet, swings, and sand pit, they are building houses on it.
  Go on the Askern Photo group page on facebook and take a look at the amenities the village had from the 1920's that no longer exist, and read the comments what residents in the village think about it.
  As for Leeds Syd I am hoping for an implosion and second year syndrome like Sheffield United, at least I can be wrong about something, it seems you think you are never wrong, but In think some of us know better.

Never said a word about Askern, you made the General comments regarding Welfare Grounds being neglected, I offered you an example of investment at a Welfare ground

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #460 on May 08, 2021, 11:59:59 am by selby »
  Filo, when the Doncaster Council took over the upkeep of the Welfare grounds in the Donacaster Area it was because they were failing to provide the Doncaster area population with the required area of playing fields  needed under legislation.
  All the equipment to do so such as mowers rollers etc. were handed over for the upkeep and the groundsmen transferred to council employment.
  As they retired they were not replaced, the upkeep has been reduced at Askern to gang mowers cutting the outfield once a week with the football area, and the two clubs provide their own equipment and the cricket wicket upkeep is done by volunteers both financial wise and labour wise by club member volunteers.
  As far as I know the Welfare cricket field no longer exists that Hatfield Main played on and will no doubt be used for other purposes and even built on as far as I know.
  I think that all the areas sports clubs that were essentially colliery works teams are now private sports clubs that are constantly battling the Doncaster Council over matters that could very well lead to their demise which has certainly happened at Askern and but for a few club members could well have caused their demise years ago with some already disappeared.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #461 on May 08, 2021, 12:15:47 pm by MachoMadness »
I've now seen three separate Labour figures jumping on the "woke metropolitan elite" bandwagon. I suspect this is coming from head office. So it looks like labour's response is to wade into the culture war - an entirely right wing fabrication - to try and beat the Tories on their home ground. If they go that route they'll get hammered worse than 2019.

Fun fact, London has the highest rate of homelessness and child poverty in the UK. So when people talk about this London woke elite, I have to wonder what they really mean. As my wife says, some people say woke with a hard r.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #462 on May 08, 2021, 12:19:09 pm by River Don »

I don't think you are disagreeing with the Guardian there Wilts.

The point is Labour is not really laying out a vision for a successful Brexit yet. This is probably because there is resistance to that within the party. Don't you think?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #463 on May 08, 2021, 12:43:13 pm by MachoMadness »
Labour hasn't laid out a vision for anything yet.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #464 on May 08, 2021, 12:53:53 pm by SydneyRover »
  Filo, when the Doncaster Council took over the upkeep of the Welfare grounds in the Donacaster Area it was because they were failing to provide the Doncaster area population with the required area of playing fields  needed under legislation.
  All the equipment to do so such as mowers rollers etc. were handed over for the upkeep and the groundsmen transferred to council employment.
  As they retired they were not replaced, the upkeep has been reduced at Askern to gang mowers cutting the outfield once a week with the football area, and the two clubs provide their own equipment and the cricket wicket upkeep is done by volunteers both financial wise and labour wise by club member volunteers.
  As far as I know the Welfare cricket field no longer exists that Hatfield Main played on and will no doubt be used for other purposes and even built on as far as I know.
  I think that all the areas sports clubs that were essentially colliery works teams are now private sports clubs that are constantly battling the Doncaster Council over matters that could very well lead to their demise which has certainly happened at Askern and but for a few club members could well have caused their demise years ago with some already disappeared.

Here's some more interesting stuff for you to ignore selby

''School Sport, and the work of the Sports Councils, was to take a heavy toll during the Margaret Thatcher era. The Prime Ministers 1981 Regulation 909 gave education authorities the right to sell school land that they considered surplus to their requirements. Over the next decade an estimated 5,000 playing fields were sold, many converted to housing developments, supermarkets or car parks''

https://sportshistoryculture.blog/tag/margaret-thatcher/

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #465 on May 08, 2021, 05:07:33 pm by drfchound »

I have some paint to watch, your random thoughts are not that important to me

Very odd then that you keep asking me questions.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #466 on May 08, 2021, 05:17:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »
How's your day Hound?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #467 on May 08, 2021, 05:19:20 pm by drfchound »
How's your day Hound?

Wonderful DO.
We have been visited by my son and the grandsons.
Why do you ask?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #468 on May 08, 2021, 05:23:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
How's your day Hound?

Wonderful DO.
We have been visited by my son and the grandsons.
Why do you ask?

Good stuff. Just thought I'd ask the question x

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #469 on May 08, 2021, 05:43:40 pm by drfchound »
Nice to know people care.
Hope you and yours are all good.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #470 on May 08, 2021, 07:18:14 pm by bpoolrover »
Angela raynor has been sacked

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #471 on May 08, 2021, 07:38:54 pm by BVB »

..removed from party chair and election coord, but still deputy leader.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #472 on May 08, 2021, 07:39:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I don't at all like her I find her far too aggressive for my liking. But politically this feels a crazy move in terms of uniting his party.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #473 on May 08, 2021, 07:43:23 pm by drfchound »

I don't at all like her I find her far too aggressive for my liking. But politically this feels a crazy move in terms of uniting his party.

Yep agreed, she always came over as cocky and aggressive.
A bit of a know it all.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #475 on May 08, 2021, 08:17:17 pm by MachoMadness »
Bonkers decision to sack Rayner. If you're trying to appeal to a northern working class heartland why would you sack your most prominent northern working class MP? Clown behaviour, and yet another sign they don't have a clue.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #476 on May 08, 2021, 08:30:55 pm by tyke1962 »
Bonkers decision to sack Rayner. If you're trying to appeal to a northern working class heartland why would you sack your most prominent northern working class MP? Clown behaviour, and yet another sign they don't have a clue.

Couldn't agree more .

Completely lost the plot .

Absolute shambles .

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #477 on May 08, 2021, 08:43:42 pm by MachoMadness »
Rumours Nandy is next. Scapegoating anyone remotely on the left of the party to protect Lord Mandelson and Baroness Chapman, the two advisers who are chiefly responsible for the election disaster.

Sacking northern working class MPs to save the arses of the lords in your top team doesn't scream that you care for the working class tbh.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #478 on May 08, 2021, 09:44:44 pm by SydneyRover »
Yet when the tories were throwing members out of the party left right and centre, what do you do with someone that hasn't worked out in a critical position? think what some of our fans call for when we lose a couple of games in a row.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #479 on May 08, 2021, 09:51:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Come on Sydney, rumour has it the shadow chancellor, foreign secretary, health secretary are all for the sack aswell as reducing the deputy leader of many roles.

The only person at the top he isn't sacking is himself...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012