Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:35:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boris  (Read 15163 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Boris
« on May 28, 2021, 04:58:03 pm by selby »
  Having a good week, good news over the flat.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Boris
« Reply #1 on May 28, 2021, 05:09:59 pm by Metalmicky »
TBF - he's not been totally completely cleared.... although I did think it was unfair that he was hung, drawn and quartered by some folk before any inquiry had been carried out.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 28, 2021, 05:49:44 pm by tyke1962 »
  Having a good week, good news over the flat.

Unfortunately cults are like this Selby and those on the outside are powerless .

However history tends to have the final word .

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/19/17246732/waco-tragedy-explained-david-koresh-mount-carmel-branch-davidian-cult-25-year-anniversary

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 28, 2021, 06:09:39 pm by wilts rover »
From the lady who brought you - he always wanted to be Prime Minister and he always wanted to have been Prime Minister, its the bit in the middle he struggles with - the brillianr Marina Hyde we now have:

A dangerous cult now runs Britain – the worshippers at the Temple of Johnson

No matter what the prime minister does, no matter the consequences, his devotees line up to heatedly excuse it.

The great puzzle is that so many of the people who talked about “the Corbyn cult” are so reluctant to face up to the fact of the Johnson cult. In many ways, Johnson is the much more classic cult leader. His decisions have led to the deaths of large numbers of people, and he’s got a lot of women pregnant.

If only people who rightly identified the unpleasant and weirdo tendency to excuse absolutely anything at all where Jezza was concerned could be man enough to see it on so much larger a scale where Bozza is concerned. He is, after all, the actual prime minister. And for well over a year, many – not just Cummings – have pointed in remorseless and verifiable detail to his abysmal decisions or indecisions, which have led to tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, far deeper-than-necessary economic damage and longer loss of freedoms. To say nothing of his having an approach to funding holidays and interior decoration that would not seem out of place in a TV evangelist.

But let’s return to first principles on this whole cult business. The thing about cult leaders, typically, is that they’re charismatic, male and able to persuade people of the wisdom of things very much not in their best interests. There is simply no moral failing of theirs that could be placed in front of their followers that would not cause those same followers to passionately excuse it or love them more for it. Faulty prophecies, missing funds, being present but not involved at the laying of a wreath to Black September, notching up one of the world’s worst death tolls and persistently dithering to the point of alleged manslaughter – all this is bad shit to outsiders, but simply makes the cultists cleave ever closer to their dear leaders.

and there is more, much more, in the full article here (although she doesn't mention Selby by name, more's the pity):

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/28/cult-britain-boris-johnson-prime-minister

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 28, 2021, 06:28:00 pm by selby »
Bloody hell Wilts I only said he had had a good week.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 28, 2021, 06:40:04 pm by albie »
Well, we have all done it.

Spend £200k on decorations, without knowing how we were going to pay, because we are hard up.
Then a pal steps up and pays the reckoning, no questions asked.

LOL....could happen to anyone!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 28, 2021, 06:44:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And then cleared by someone he employed last month to investigate...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 28, 2021, 06:56:45 pm by River Don »
I wonder if they've got the wallpaper to stay up yet? Apparently it's so heavy, made with traditional techniques and all that gold it Keeps peeling off.

I'm amazed really the press haven't yet got pictures off the apartment. Judging by the expensive colourful fabrics that have been used, it must look like a Turkish harem.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 28, 2021, 07:03:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What's the point in an inquiry? If he's found not guilty it will only be judged as a cover-up by those with an anti-Tory agenda. Why not have a neutral judge like you, Billy, eh?  :laugh:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 28, 2021, 07:10:34 pm by GazLaz »
He’s at very best extremely sloppy the way he goes about his business. That alone should be enough for people to think he’s a woeful leader of the country. Not these days though, the electorate appear to have zero standards. 

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 28, 2021, 08:08:09 pm by tyke1962 »
I think there's a fairly reasonable explanation why nobody can land a solid punch on Johnson and his corrupt government .

There's enough people who are doing alright thank you very much so who cares what Johnson does or doesn't do .

Whilst ever there are more than enough doing alright as opposed to those who aren't then PM's and governments are practically bullet proof .

I could never understand why the country repeatedly voted for Thatcher in the 80's , drove me crazy as an NUM man .

It wasn't until I was older I realised that she made sure enough people did very well out of her .

Why would Essex man care about my job prospects and community in South Yorkshire ? .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 28, 2021, 09:31:18 pm by SydneyRover »
Geidt is now odds on to run the covid inquiry, you can't even get a bet on a ladbrokes, apparently.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 28, 2021, 09:33:57 pm by Janso »
Selby obviously has nothing better to do with his free time than try and wind people up on the off topic section for kicks.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 28, 2021, 09:49:30 pm by tyke1962 »
Selby obviously has nothing better to do with his free time than try and wind people up on the off topic section for kicks.

Maybe as a non tribal voter he sees the current Labour Party for what it is which goes against the grain on here .

Maybe he's sees just as many black hats on the Labour Party as the Tories and he'd be right too .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 28, 2021, 10:00:02 pm by tyke1962 »
If ever a video captured the current situation within the Labour Party perfectly then it's contained in the link .

Worth less than 20 minutes of your time .

https://youtu.be/Jwl_xqgwf-c

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 28, 2021, 10:01:14 pm by Janso »

Maybe as a non tribal voter he sees the current Labour Party for what it is which goes against the grain on here .

Maybe he's sees just as many black hats on the Labour Party as the Tories and he'd be right too .

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. I'd put money on him doing it for the windup though.

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 28, 2021, 10:07:50 pm by Darren »

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. I'd put money on him doing it for the windup though.
I'll bet he doesn't spout off when he's out and about in Askern.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 28, 2021, 10:14:49 pm by SydneyRover »

I'll bet he doesn't spout off when he's out and about in Askern.

church mouse at home too I'd reckon

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 28, 2021, 10:42:37 pm by BigH »
Might be having a good week but he's still a tw*t

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 29, 2021, 12:23:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Something been bugging me about this "I didn't know where the money for the flat revamp came from and I never bothered asking the question."

Apart from the obvious fact that is utter b*llocks of course.

I'm MD of a small company. If we ran up a debt of £100k+ and then it miraculously vanished, and I and my company secretary didn't bother asking where that money had come from and we filed accounts on that basis, we would be breaking the law and HMRC would quite rightly have our balls on a plate.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 29, 2021, 06:49:26 am by SydneyRover »
I think there's a fairly reasonable explanation why nobody can land a solid punch on Johnson and his corrupt government .

There's enough people who are doing alright thank you very much so who cares what Johnson does or doesn't do .

Whilst ever there are more than enough doing alright as opposed to those who aren't then PM's and governments are practically bullet proof .

I could never understand why the country repeatedly voted for Thatcher in the 80's , drove me crazy as an NUM man .

It wasn't until I was older I realised that she made sure enough people did very well out of her .

Why would Essex man care about my job prospects and community in South Yorkshire ? .

So how does that fit in with ditching Starmer and putting another leftwing leader in?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 29, 2021, 08:23:14 am by selby »
  Tyke, you get it, with the house prices going up,builders doing that well there are shortages of materials, and an average price of a house over a quarter of a million, and billions of savings being banked during lock down, How many punters are going to think of themselves being labour supporters.
  The Tory party have been working for years to get enough of the population into a position that it cannot afford to think of themselves as the labour supporters thought of themselves in the past.
  The main talking point is now when can we get away for our summer holiday and will we be able to have that winter break for the majority, and to keep power, what it is all about all they have to do is keep that majority sweet.
  And do this majority give a damn about the areas of deprivation, do they hell, the latest fad being to move away from the cities into the country, even have a second home to add to their two or three foreign holidays and weekends away in Europe,  a bar in the back garden and a hot tub on the patio, how many do you know who aspire or are already in that position in your used to be local pit villages, do they think labour like their forbears, do they hell in many cases and they do not want it to go back to how it was.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 08:29:05 am by selby »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 29, 2021, 08:31:57 am by SydneyRover »
There's a worldwide shortage of building materials selby, there's a pandemic on

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 29, 2021, 08:55:57 am by wilts rover »
That's right selby, the Tory party have been working for years to turn a small percentage of the population into greedy, uncaring supporters, with no empathy or sympathy for anyone other than themselves. Just distain. They don't want everyone to have those things - just themselves.

3 million small businesses have been left without support during the pandemic, they aren't doing the house up - they are flogging off the furniture.

Around 75% of people owned their own homes under Labour. Now its about 65% - and more difficult to get on the ladder.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/uk-home-ownership-falls-more-eu-country-france-poland-property-market-a8501836.html

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/feb/10/home-ownership-ons-rent

You are describing about 25-30% of population there - who have fallen for the Tory propoganda b*llocks - its the Labour Party's job to energise the remaining 75% to have equal opportunities with them.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 29, 2021, 10:43:51 am by GazLaz »
The biggest issue as far as I’m concerned is what the role of PM has become, or is at least perceived to be. It’s not a presidential position, it’s not a position that requires charisma or bravado. They are there to oversee the running of an administration, to make sure things operate with honesty and integrity and ensure the public funds are best deployed. It should be a boring job for a serious, well meaning operator with the best intentions at heart. It’s somehow been turned into a freak show where anyone with any integrity has no chance in succeeding because the public are now that used to being fed bullshit they think “boring” is bad!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 29, 2021, 10:47:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Gaz.
Nail. Head.

Johnson is the PM that a celebrity addled culture deserves.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 29, 2021, 02:39:20 pm by BigH »
  Tyke, you get it, with the house prices going up,builders doing that well there are shortages of materials, and an average price of a house over a quarter of a million, and billions of savings being banked during lock down, How many punters are going to think of themselves being labour supporters.
  The Tory party have been working for years to get enough of the population into a position that it cannot afford to think of themselves as the labour supporters thought of themselves in the past.
  The main talking point is now when can we get away for our summer holiday and will we be able to have that winter break for the majority, and to keep power, what it is all about all they have to do is keep that majority sweet.
  And do this majority give a damn about the areas of deprivation, do they hell, the latest fad being to move away from the cities into the country, even have a second home to add to their two or three foreign holidays and weekends away in Europe,  a bar in the back garden and a hot tub on the patio, how many do you know who aspire or are already in that position in your used to be local pit villages, do they think labour like their forbears, do they hell in many cases and they do not want it to go back to how it was.
Good points made here.

It does feel a bit like the late 1980s when a lot of people felt that they were in a good place and why should they care about anyone else. After all what could possibly go wrong?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 30, 2021, 12:40:35 am by SydneyRover »
Rumours of a wedding, again, Carrie has already made the best decision, if you want a friend get a dog.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 30, 2021, 11:31:10 am by selby »
   Hows your dog Syd? has it had to go for therapy yet?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 30, 2021, 11:55:16 am by SydneyRover »
Carrie wanted dilyn as it was less likely to shit on their own doorstep, selby

TinyPortal © 2005-2012