Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:34:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boris  (Read 15162 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Boris
« Reply #30 on May 30, 2021, 05:15:27 pm by tyke1962 »
  Tyke, you get it, with the house prices going up,builders doing that well there are shortages of materials, and an average price of a house over a quarter of a million, and billions of savings being banked during lock down, How many punters are going to think of themselves being labour supporters.
  The Tory party have been working for years to get enough of the population into a position that it cannot afford to think of themselves as the labour supporters thought of themselves in the past.
  The main talking point is now when can we get away for our summer holiday and will we be able to have that winter break for the majority, and to keep power, what it is all about all they have to do is keep that majority sweet.
  And do this majority give a damn about the areas of deprivation, do they hell, the latest fad being to move away from the cities into the country, even have a second home to add to their two or three foreign holidays and weekends away in Europe,  a bar in the back garden and a hot tub on the patio, how many do you know who aspire or are already in that position in your used to be local pit villages, do they think labour like their forbears, do they hell in many cases and they do not want it to go back to how it was.
Good points made here.

It does feel a bit like the late 1980s when a lot of people felt that they were in a good place and why should they care about anyone else. After all what could possibly go wrong?

And nowt did go wrong for working class Thatcher voters in the south especially .

They simply swapped the Tories for Blair when house prices fell or stagnated in the 90's who embraced much of the Thatcher vision , free market , wealth through home ownership and globalisation .

Even when the Tories came back to power in 2010 austerity only hit the poorest in society .

The truth is , one of the country's most popular sports is for those who are doing alright will continue to stand on the hands of those one or two rungs beneath them on the ladder .

They aren't too keen on them getting summat for nowt either although they don't have a problem with the wealthy and tax evasion .

I hear this all the time at work , an area between Barnsley and Huddersfield with far higher house prices than the average for this area of Yorkshire .

I asked a question a few weeks back to a number of lads during break time .

Would you be prepared to pay an NHS tax and improve the health system ?

" nar came the reply , why should I fund better healthcare for the benefit scroungers who pay nowt "

Fairly convinced they'd sooner pay for massively more expensive private healthcare for themselves than a few quid extra in tax to benefit everyone .

That's unfortunately what the country has become , far from everyone but enough to ensure nothing much will change either .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 30, 2021, 07:44:41 pm by ravenrover »
Divorcee times over allowed to marry in Catholic church shock

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 30, 2021, 10:02:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/police-discover-5m-in-cash-in-london-flat-after-gang-didnt-know-what-to-do-with-it-12319861

Surely if they didn't ask any questions about where the money came from, they can't be held responsible for it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 30, 2021, 10:10:49 pm by drfchound »
I didn’t read the bit about where they said they didn’t know where the money had come from BST.
Have you missed posting that part of the link.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 30, 2021, 11:38:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.
I was postulating an obvious defence. Apologies if I didn't make that clear but I thought it was obvious.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 31, 2021, 09:04:55 am by SydneyRover »
''Bears cleared of ‘shitting in the woods’ says watchdog''

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2021/03/31/bears-cleared-of-shitting-in-the-woods-says-panel/

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 31, 2021, 09:12:38 am by drfchound »
Hound.
I was postulating an obvious defence. Apologies if I didn't make that clear but I thought it was obvious.

I thought it was just another sarcastic anti government post.
Apologies if it wasn’t obvious to you.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 31, 2021, 02:52:20 pm by BigH »
Tyke, you make some good points.

And I agree that there are many at the moment who see little value in being asked to cough up for parts of the system that they (may) never use.

However, at some point a majority of the electorate will conclude that, where previously there was nothing wrong, something is wrong.

Call it the electoral cycle, governments going stale, running out of ideas, whatever but this is how it always plays out in the UK. It may be 10 years, it may be 20 years but at some stage it will happen.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 31, 2021, 09:01:40 pm by Metalmicky »
First images of the wedding......

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 08:34:14 am by Metalmicky »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 31, 2021, 09:31:14 pm by tyke1962 »
Tyke, you make some good points.

And I agree that there are many at the moment who see little value in being asked to cough up for parts of the system that they (may) never use.

However, at some point a majority of the electorate will conclude that, where previously there was nothing wrong, something is wrong.

Call it the electoral cycle, governments going stale, running out of ideas, whatever but this is how it always plays out in the UK. It may be 10 years, it may be 20 years but at some stage it will happen.

I wish I could share your positive spin even though it's 10 years away .

Unfortunately big business has such a grip on society including the political scene its difficult to see anything changing anytime soon .

I actually don't think change will come through the ballot box , the system is pretty much rigged in any case .

I only see one way of creating a fairer society that works for everyone .

Unfortunately it won't be pleasant if it did come that is .

They often say it couldn't ever happen here , I'm not so sure myself .

It's a fine balance creating just enough winners than losers , events kick in , as we are experiencing right now .

They aren't always going to get that favourable balance quite right .

You can only print so much money after all .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 07, 2021, 07:38:31 am by SydneyRover »
anyone we know perchance?

''His ankles secured with heavy, locked iron fetters, the enslaved man appears to have been thrown in a ditch – a final act of indignity in death''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/07/shackled-skeleton-identified-rare-evidence-roman-britain

''He vowed not to go back to Brussels to request a delay to Brexit beyond 31 October, despite the likelihood of him being obliged to do so by parliament, via a bill expected to pass the House of Lords on Friday. “I’d rather be dead in a ditch,” he said''

https://www.google.com/search?q=did+johnson+extend+brexit&rlz=1C1CHBF_enAU883AU883&oq=did+johnson+extend+brexit&aqs=chrome..69i57.11456j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 07, 2021, 09:29:40 am by drfchound »
That is the most interesting article I have ever read in the Guardian links posted on here. Just below it is another piece about a Roman settlement which has been uncovered just south of Scarborough.
Keepmoat Homes had begun to dig out for a new site and came across this new very important discovery.
Not too far away to go and visit when the public are allowed in.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 09, 2021, 12:47:46 pm by SydneyRover »
Michael Gove, eh

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 12, 2021, 11:21:27 pm by SydneyRover »
''Boris Johnson offered to pay for help writing Shakespeare biography, says scholar''

Why wold he bother, he's always rewriting history to cover his arse?

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/jul/02/boris-johnson-offered-to-pay-for-help-writing-shakespeare-biography-says-scholar

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 12, 2021, 11:41:40 pm by SydneyRover »
''Johnson and Patel accused of hypocrisy over racist abuse of England footballers
PM and home secretary criticised despite condemning racism aimed at players after match''

Johnson and many on his government are racists, no ifs or buts, they have shown over the years that they support racist policies have stoked the fires of the culture wars allowed the police to operate racist programs and then when it all blows up they have the temerity to condemn those they have given licence to.

Full praise for all those that condemn racism and those that propagate it, you are right they are not England fans and no you are not wanted ........... period.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/12/tory-mp-sorry-jibe-marcus-rashford-euros-penalty-miss

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 12, 2021, 11:59:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, the lack of self awareness here is stunning.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-57807264
Telling Rashford he should concentrate on his day job and not get involved in campaigning.

Just a thought. If this MP concentrated on HER day job and made sure the poorest kids had been looked after in the pandemic, maybe Rashford wouldn't have had to get involved?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 13, 2021, 07:46:48 am by BigH »
This is the MP who got her (now ex-) husband's job when he was sent to prison for groping and molesting some poor young woman:

During his trial the court heard how Elphicke groped one of his accusers, chased her around his house, and sang "I'm a naughty Tory, I'm a naughty Tory.

The Tory party's reservoir of 'talent' knows no bounds!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 14, 2021, 11:18:20 pm by SydneyRover »
''Boris Johnson is to promise the government will not make the "rich parts" of the UK poorer as it pursues its "levelling up" programme.

''In a speech on Thursday, the prime minister will say plans to invest more in deprived areas and improve skills are not a "jam-spreading exercise".

He will also pledge to improve services and boost community pride after fuller plans are laid out this autumn''

johnson the magician, he's been playing with his wand too much. maybe you can get him to do a show with you vicar?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-57844084

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 15, 2021, 11:13:31 pm by SydneyRover »
No inquiry into russian interference in UK politics, no inquiry into how the government handled covid ................. very predictable

''Homes raided in inquiry into Matt Hancock CCTV leak
Published7 hours ago''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-57853164

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 16, 2021, 07:04:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
In some ways, you really have to admire the sheer f**king cheek.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57860969

Johnson ignores reports on ethics and standards from senior civil servants and gives them no option but to resign.

Then he appoints an old mate who used to smash up restaurants with him to be the ethics watchdog.

Does anyone give a f**k anymore?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 16, 2021, 10:02:48 pm by belton rover »
Clearly not. So stop wasting everyone’s time.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 18, 2021, 09:36:01 pm by roversdude »
Well that was a quick u turn today about isolating- I’m sure he will use this to either turn round with masks or bring forward the not needing to isolate if double jabbed

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 20, 2021, 11:18:39 pm by SydneyRover »
Cummings

"The situation we found ourselves in is that, within days... the prime minister's girlfriend is trying to get rid of us and appoint complete clowns to certain key jobs."

hmmmmm

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 21, 2021, 01:17:24 am by bpoolrover »
It means nothing thou unless he has evidence and shows it,he also called starmer and dud and that labour have no message whatsoever so I presume he is right on that to
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 01:20:14 am by bpoolrover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 21, 2021, 10:54:30 pm by SydneyRover »
''Boris Johnson has faced calls to apologise for saying people dying from Covid were "essentially all over 80", in a text leaked by Dominic Cummings.

The prime minister did not deny making the comments, in October last year, as he argued against a second lockdown.

But he told Prime Minister's Questions the government was making "incredibly tough balancing decisions" at the time''

Doesn't look like you'll get a personal apology bb

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 22, 2021, 02:45:40 pm by drfchound »
''Boris Johnson has faced calls to apologise for saying people dying from Covid were "essentially all over 80", in a text leaked by Dominic Cummings.

The prime minister did not deny making the comments, in October last year, as he argued against a second lockdown.

But he told Prime Minister's Questions the government was making "incredibly tough balancing decisions" at the time''

Doesn't look like you'll get a personal apology bb

Have you asked for a personal apology bpool?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 22, 2021, 11:52:36 pm by SydneyRover »
Dawn Butler thrown out of parliament for calling out johnson for being a liar ............. apparently convention states that this is not the done thing .............. johnson himself is such a stickler for convention too .................

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 23, 2021, 12:14:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Strange, the conventions in Parliament. You can, it appears, lie with impunity from the Dispatch Box as Johnson has proved on numerous occasions. But if you point out that happening you get hoyed out.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 23, 2021, 12:19:00 am by SydneyRover »
It's like a scene from Blackadder ..................

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 23, 2021, 02:14:18 am by SydneyRover »
And speaking of blackadder ................... or baldrick at least ........

Funny how we are hearing from a lot of people that don't live in the country or even hold a passport afaik aye, how can they have so much say and control over what a sovereign country does?

''Brexit: Von der Leyen rejects Boris Johnson bid to renegotiate Irish protocol''

aw shucks! looks like we can't find a link to reality here

Sebastian Fischer

''A #Brexit reminder:

''The Northern Ireland Protocol was negotiated by the Flag of United Kingdom government. It was signed by the Flag of United Kingdom government. It was ratified by the Flag of United Kingdom Parliament. Its consequences were known.

Is it too much to expect the Flag of United Kingdom to stand by what it has negotiated, signed and ratified?''
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 02:19:44 am by SydneyRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012