Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:17:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The queen say's matt hancock is full of ..................  (Read 9667 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: The queen say's matt hancock is full of ..................
« Reply #180 on June 27, 2021, 12:28:15 am by belton rover »
Ah, now we've got to the issue Belton. It's not toxicity that you object to. It's toxicity directed at you personally. If you'd said that months ago, it would have been much clearer.
I didn’t realise you were being provocatively, personally toxic.
Know I know.

A few months ago, you made a good point about the need for us all to try to be a bit less personal in here. I agreed.

Since then I have tried very hard not to instigate personal fights. I think I'm right in saying that in your case I haven't started any personal digs.

In this very thread, your first contribution was a pop at anyone who was concerned about Hancock's antics. Your second was a little dig at me on a subject that you have given your opinion several times before. Maybe that was light-hearted, I don't know, but in the context of previous interactions, there hasn't been much light-heartedness.

Maybe if you dialled it down a bit, you could play your own part in this place being less toxic?

Stop misrepresenting my words.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on June 27, 2021, 12:30:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BST, seeing as you class being toxic as someone who disagrees with you, or any of your handful of supporters, what is your ultimate aim regarding the future of this forum? Would detoxing the forum basically lead to just a handful of BST supporters being on it?

BB. I've no idea how you come to that conclusion in your first line, so rather than get into a pointless argument, I'll pass.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on June 27, 2021, 12:31:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton. If I've misrepresented your words, please point out where and I'll gladly withdraw.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on June 27, 2021, 12:32:11 am by SydneyRover »
Back on topic, here's a list of what this episode says about Hancock.

1) He broke a law that he signed on household bubble mixing.
2) By breaking the law, he lost any possible credibility in his future ability to require other people to toe the line.
3) He ignored Govt requirements of transparency in recruiting senior staff in his department.
4) He had an affair with a non-exec director in his department whose very job was to hold him to account.

5) In doing so, he undermined every interaction that Coladangelo had with other staff, because there is a clear danger that private discussions with them could get back to her lover.
6) He broke the Ministerial Code in conducting that affair.
7) In having that affair, he left himself open to potential blackmail and would without question have violated his Developed Vetting status that is required for access to Top Secret information.

Every single one of those points should have required his immediate dismissal.

But the PM decided that a half apology was grounds to keep him on.

The Guardian report says that they both went down to the G7 talks therefore I would think that his affair was common knowledge amongst his colleagues and if so it demonstrates further the arrogance and contempt this lot have for public office.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on June 27, 2021, 12:34:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »
By the way, I've just listened to R4's Any Questions from before Hancock's resignation.

Absolute gem from Jenrick. He said that Hancock had apologised and as we need the Health Secretary to guide us through the pandemic, we should let him get back "on the job".

You could not script that.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on June 27, 2021, 12:35:16 am by belton rover »
Belton. If I've misrepresented your words, please point out where and I'll gladly withdraw.

Where I’ve said anything remotely toxic to you in this thread.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on June 27, 2021, 12:35:55 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST, seeing as you class being toxic as someone who disagrees with you, or any of your handful of supporters, what is your ultimate aim regarding the future of this forum? Would detoxing the forum basically lead to just a handful of BST supporters being on it?

BB. I've no idea how you come to that conclusion in your first line, so rather than get into a pointless argument, I'll pass.

I come to that conclusion because it's the gods honest truth!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on June 27, 2021, 12:36:48 am by SydneyRover »
By the way, I've just listened to R4's Any Questions from before Hancock's resignation.

Absolute gem from Jenrick. He said that Hancock had apologised and as we need the Health Secretary to guide us through the pandemic, we should let him get back "on the job".

this is a gem too

''In his resignation letter Hancock said: “We have worked so hard as a country to fight the pandemic. The last thing I would want is for my private life to distract attention from the single-minded focus that is leading us out of this crisis. I want to reiterate my apology for breaking the guidance, and apologise to my family and loved ones for putting them through this. I also need [to] be with my children at this time.”

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on June 27, 2021, 12:37:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton
I didn't say you had. I said you couldn't resist a couple of personal digs in your first two posts on this thread.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on June 27, 2021, 12:37:26 am by belton rover »

Of course we need the Health Secetary to help guide us through the pandemic.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on June 27, 2021, 12:38:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
Belton will you please stop being toxic!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on June 27, 2021, 12:39:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Of course we need the Health Secetary to help guide us through the pandemic.

Shall I point out the funny bit with a flashing arrow?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on June 27, 2021, 12:45:14 am by belton rover »
Belton
I didn't say you had. I said you couldn't resist a couple of personal digs in your first two posts on this thread.
You said, or at least very strongly suggested, that I could play my part in this forum not being toxic by not ‘having a pop’ or making a comment to you that you that you accepted may well have been light hearted.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on June 27, 2021, 12:47:27 am by SydneyRover »
that's better belton, no beating about the bush aye?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on June 27, 2021, 12:59:11 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST, you really have got an amazing job as judge and jury in deciding what is light hearted and what is toxic on this forum. Who actually gave you the job?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on June 27, 2021, 01:00:51 am by SydneyRover »
BST, you really have got an amazing job as judge and jury in deciding what is light hearted and what is toxic on this forum. Who actually gave you the job?

:)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on June 27, 2021, 03:25:41 am by SydneyRover »
Put you choices here:

Not a bad stab in the dark, so to speak aye? with the country and the world in the middle of the worst health crisis in a century, hancock appears to have had his mind more on his cock than the portfolio to hand. One could be accused of being one eyed about all this but the evidence has left johnson, who is incidentally no stranger in living up to his name to force his resignation.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on June 27, 2021, 09:47:23 am by wilts rover »

this is a gem too

''In his resignation letter Hancock said: “We have worked so hard as a country to fight the pandemic. The last thing I would want is for my private life to distract attention from the single-minded focus that is leading us out of this crisis. I want to reiterate my apology for breaking the guidance, and apologise to my family and loved ones for putting them through this. I also need [to] be with my children at this time.”

According to the chronolgy of the story as published in several newspapers this morning, he woke his children up on Tursday evening, once he knew that the story would be published in The S*n latter, to tell them he was leaving them and their mother to go live with another woman. Saying one thing and doing another to the very end.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on June 28, 2021, 11:12:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
If you have ten minutes, listen to this interview on R4's Today programme this morning, with the Justice Secretary.

He basically says what I've been saying in here. Nick Robinson lists all the examples of ministerial misconduct which have gone unpunished, and he basically says "It doesn't matter. None of it matters. We can do what we want because we have the public on our side." And he would appear to be right.

This is literally how democracies fall apart, when people do not hold politicians to account. Democracy isn't about whether or not you have a vote. It is about whether you process what politicians are doing in your name, and whether you care enough to withdraw your support from ones who break the rules. If you don't then in all but name, democracy doesn't exist and we basically say "Do what you want lads and lasses".

Whole thing starts at 2.10.20 but the key bit is the 70-80 seconds from 2.16.50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000xdx2
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 03:22:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on June 28, 2021, 11:42:21 am by DRCraig »
Guy has made a huge mistake. But some of the comments that have been made on social media are way ott. Makes you think the posters have serious issues.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on June 28, 2021, 12:15:11 pm by SydneyRover »
Guy has made a huge mistake. But some of the comments that have been made on social media are way ott. Makes you think the posters have serious issues.

He made some considered deliberate breaches of social distancing, he employed a chum and didn't advertise the position using public money a sort of public prostitute if you like, and around £3 billion worth of contracts have been awarded to chums of the tory party. He and johnson are responsible for 10s of thousands of unnecessary deaths so I guess I can see why some maybe upset.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on June 28, 2021, 12:44:13 pm by belton rover »
I like your spirit, DRC, but don’t waste your time on here suggesting that Hancock deserves anything less than whatever hideous things you’ve seen on social media.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on June 28, 2021, 12:46:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There was a bloke on Any Answers on R4 last Saturday. Said he was a retired senior civil servant. Almost broke down as he said he'd not been able to visit his wife in hospital as she died of cancer, because of social distancing. He deserved to be allowed to rant at Hancock's behaviour. But he didn't. He just said that he was content that he had done the right thing and he didn't understand how Hancock could begin to believe he cold stay in position.

That gets to the core of this issue. Millions of people have made massive sacrifices because it is the right thing to do for society. While Hancock was groping his old friend's arse in his office.

Which doesn't justify abuse. But equally, it doesn't justify the "meh" acceptance of some others, PM included.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 12:49:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on June 28, 2021, 12:50:17 pm by SydneyRover »
I like your spirit, DRC, but don’t waste your time on here suggesting that Hancock deserves anything less than whatever hideous things you’ve seen on social media.

I don't believe in mob rule but I can understand it, I don't do social media, this forum is the exception. If you have lower standards that's fine belton.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on June 28, 2021, 12:59:33 pm by wilts rover »

Huge mistakes!!! He has lied to his family, lied to the country, employed his mistress to a job she wasn't qualified for, conducted government business - which involved awarding billions of pounds of contracts - via private email address as well as being a huge hypocrite on the laws he himself drafted - all on your money! Noe of it was a mistake - it was all done deliberately and arrogantly.

But don't worry, some people will still excuse him. Oh look...

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on June 28, 2021, 01:09:57 pm by belton rover »
Quite disrespectful to suggest the poor man has a ‘meh’ attitude.
Who is anyone to take a person’s way of dealing with personal heartache and call it an unjustified response that is the core of the issue?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on June 28, 2021, 01:19:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Go away Belton.

I wasn't talking about that man. I was talking about the mass of Tory supporters who will not criticise Hancock. And I cannot begin to fathom what is going on in your head for you to come to that conclusion. Your utter obsession with reading my posts in a way that confirms your prejudices is now way beyond a joke. Just have some sense man.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on June 28, 2021, 01:24:37 pm by belton rover »
That man is happy that Hancock has resigned and wants to leave it at that.
So do I.
You don’t.
Those who don’t, in your very vocal opinion, have a ‘meh’ attitude.

You brought the poor man in to your argument and you were disrespectful to do so.

Oh, and I’m going nowhere.

And here comes the ‘mental issues’ argument.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on June 28, 2021, 01:29:55 pm by belton rover »

Huge mistakes!!! He has lied to his family, lied to the country, employed his mistress to a job she wasn't qualified for, conducted government business - which involved awarding billions of pounds of contracts - via private email address as well as being a huge hypocrite on the laws he himself drafted - all on your money! Noe of it was a mistake - it was all done deliberately and arrogantly.

But don't worry, some people will still excuse him. Oh look...
Wilts. In what way does DRC’s post excuse what he’s done?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on June 28, 2021, 01:30:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton.

Sit down. Stop typing. Read my post again. And then ask yourself what is going on in your head that leads you to conclude that I'm being disrespectful to the man who lost his wife.

I absolutely and totally admire the man. He's an example to us all. I was NOT referring to him in criticising the "meh" brigade.

Your interpretation and response is so far beyond ridiculous it is frightening.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012