Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:52:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Culture War  (Read 5034 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Culture War
« Reply #30 on July 15, 2021, 04:06:49 pm by pib »
pib, do you think this forum would be better if it was left to the handful of lefties to spit their one-sided, hideously unbalanced, obsessive, people with opposing views despising, government hating venom without any opposition de-railing their agenda?

I think posts such as this are a massive part of the issue.

I'll leave you to it, because it's clearly not going to change.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 15, 2021, 04:19:14 pm by belton rover »
Pib. I’m afraid ‘light hearted’ is a thing of the very distant past. Light hearted threads usually fizzle out to nothing because too many only want to talk about what Kitsons Johnson et al are. Light hearted posts within other threads are almost always met with either accusations of personal attacks, or being childish.
I know this because I’m really funny, yet get no credit from the Tory haters. One of them thinks I’m so unfunny, he’s pretended to block me!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 15, 2021, 04:21:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
pib, do you think this forum would be better if it was left to the handful of lefties to spit their one-sided, hideously unbalanced, obsessive, people with opposing views despising, government hating venom without any opposition de-railing their agenda?

I think posts such as this are a massive part of the issue.

I'll leave you to it, because it's clearly not going to change.
So lefty accusations such as the 'gammon' generation pulling up the wealth ladder or the constant use of the race card over the last six years isn't a massive part of the issue?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 15, 2021, 05:25:30 pm by ravenrover »
Doesn't help when the first response to a post point out a fact is one accusing me of "talking b*llocks again" but there you go. Left wing mafia.

Yes, left wing mafia, like on the Tyrone Mings thread where everyone ganged up on me because my views are common sense rather student common room politics.

I don't think the antagonistic conspiracy theory you put forward there was common sense.

The response it got wasn't lefties ganging up on you. It was a shocking statement that repulsed most people.

It wasn't a shocking statement. It was a point of view and i know a lot of people who believe it may be true, especially as we all know the way the FA think and act nowadays. There was nothing racist in the view i put forward.
Would these people you know who think the same be other Millwall fans, don't forget you don't do friends.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 15, 2021, 06:59:12 pm by idler »
Dear me, if you think that criticising Boris makes you a lefty leaning loony or whatever then you haven't been reading the same articles as me.
You don't have to be far left to disagree with the government.
How many Tory MPs voted against the government this week.
Decrying everything makes you no better than the so called lefties that you are criticising.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 15, 2021, 07:05:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
idler, are you referring to me?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 15, 2021, 08:35:00 pm by idler »
I am referring to everybody that thinks Boris is a fit person to represent my country BB. Irrespective of the party that he represents if he is the best that we can come up with then I truly despair. Never mind Labour having nobody better, what does it say about the Tory party?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 15, 2021, 08:54:39 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Dear me, if you think that criticising Boris makes you a lefty leaning loony or whatever then you haven't been reading the same articles as me.
You don't have to be far left to disagree with the government.
How many Tory MPs voted against the government this week.
Decrying everything makes you no better than the so called lefties that you are criticising.

Not all Boris critics are lefty leaning loonies, but all lefty leaning loonies are Boris critics.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 15, 2021, 09:22:00 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Guto Harri, a GB News presenter has been cancelled by right wing snowflakes. They've put out an apology for him taking a knee. :laugh:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 15, 2021, 09:32:45 pm by scawsby steve »
I am referring to everybody that thinks Boris is a fit person to represent my country BB. Irrespective of the party that he represents if he is the best that we can come up with then I truly despair. Never mind Labour having nobody better, what does it say about the Tory party?

As a complete political neutral, Idler, I can tell you exactly the reason why. The British public voted him in with an enormous 80 seat majority.

It's democracy, mate, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 15, 2021, 09:52:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Guto Harri, a GB News presenter has been cancelled by right wing snowflakes. They've put out an apology for him taking a knee. :laugh:

This is the GB News Editorial Charter:

We stand for:

The independence of our journalism.

Putting facts first.

Respect for opinions and those expressing them.

The right of every individual to form and share their views.

Holding our leaders, our society and ourselves accountable.

Bringing clarity to complex and contentious issues.

Celebrating the potential and achievements of the individual and communities in
shaping their and our nation’s future.

Being one team, innovating side by side to bring the best out in each other.

Spot the BS. ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:56:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 15, 2021, 10:55:34 pm by dickos1 »
I see Saint Marcus and his mate have just taken off on a private jet on a holiday laughing their heads off. They didn't look too upset to me. Maybe he should have spent the money on some school dinners rather demanding the hard working tax payer is bled dry.

You don’t half talk some shite

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 15, 2021, 11:29:06 pm by idler »

As a complete political neutral, Idler, I can tell you exactly the reason why. The British public voted him in with an enormous 80 seat majority.

I understand democracy but still find it hard that he is deemed the best leader to represent this country.
He doesn't even come anywhere near looking the part.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 16, 2021, 07:33:06 am by Ldr »

I understand democracy but still find it hard that he is deemed the best leader to represent this country.
He doesn't even come anywhere near looking the part.

Remember what he was up against at the time

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 16, 2021, 09:54:43 am by idler »
I fully understand that and never liked Corbin but to end up with this man in charge isn’t going to get this country on it’s feet any time soon.
If we had a poll of who was the best leader, Hitler or Stalin the winner wouldn’t suddenly become great. At best it would be the lesser of two evils

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 16, 2021, 10:30:05 am by SydneyRover »
This is pertinent.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jul/15/boris-johnson-priti-patel-must-learn-when-politicians-play-fire-others-get-burned-england-euro-2020

this dispels any doubt the tories are a far right looney party, having a paid position within the party to foment racial hate.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 16, 2021, 02:19:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »

This is the GB News Editorial Charter:

We stand for:

The independence of our journalism.

Putting facts first.

Respect for opinions and those expressing them.

The right of every individual to form and share their views.

Holding our leaders, our society and ourselves accountable.

Bringing clarity to complex and contentious issues.

Celebrating the potential and achievements of the individual and communities in
shaping their and our nation’s future.

Being one team, innovating side by side to bring the best out in each other.

Spot the BS. ;)

Now he's been suspended. GB News - The channel of free speech (when it aligns with our far right views).

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 18, 2021, 12:07:26 pm by Campsall rover »
We have just gone through ( and not finished yet ) the biggest peace time crisis that the country and the world has faced. ( apart from Climate change ) which should have been dealt with 30 years ago.

So back to the point. If both the major parties would behave like sensible human beings ( impossible it would seem ) instead of slagging each other off and trying to score political points off each other then maybe we would all be in a better place and have some ( maybe a small amount) of respect for politicians.

Starmers support is dwindling not increasing because he has made himself look a complete hypocritical prat during this pandemic.
Good grief if he cannot gain support when up against Boris Johnson then when will he.

What we need is for the country to come together at this critical time for the good of its citizens.

Just seen 3 pigs fly overhead.  Can we have some sensible middle ground politics in this country please.
Just seen 3 more pigs fly overhead.

Cannot wait for the next Cricket match on Thursday at Scarborough V Surrey and Rovers v Newcastle Fri eve.

Politics it is no wonder so many people are turned off by it. Sad very sad
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 12:09:55 pm by Campsall rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 18, 2021, 12:15:37 pm by SydneyRover »
We have just gone through ( and not finished yet ) the biggest peace time crisis that the country and the world has faced. ( apart from Climate change ) which should have been dealt with 30 years ago.

So back to the point. If both the major parties would behave like sensible human beings ( impossible it would seem ) instead of slagging each other off and trying to score political points off each other then maybe we would all be in a better place and have some ( maybe a small amount) of respect for politicians.

Starmers support is dwindling not increasing because he has made himself look a complete hypocritical prat during this pandemic.
Good grief if he cannot gain support when up against Boris Johnson then when will he.

What we need is for the country to come together at this critical time for the good of its citizens.

Just seen 3 pigs fly overhead.  Can we have some sensible middle ground politics in this country please.

Cannot wait for the next Cricket match on Thursday at Scarborough V Surrey and Rovers v Newcastle Fri eve.

So come together and support and support the tories?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 18, 2021, 12:17:12 pm by Campsall rover »

So come together and support and support the tories?
Sydney that comment just sums up the lefties. 
Very constructive that is.

Did you not understand a word I was saying?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 18, 2021, 12:20:41 pm by SydneyRover »
Of course I did, but a lot of what you say is to support your team. when they are proven imbeciles and corrupt liars, and yet you want others to come together and support them, it doesn't quite work like that. You get your team in order first and I may think about it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 18, 2021, 12:34:57 pm by Campsall rover »
Of course I did, but a lot of what you say is to support your team. when they are proven imbeciles and corrupt liars, and yet you want others to come together and support them, it doesn't quite work like that. You get your team in order first and I may think about it.
And the Labour Party are whiter than white.

As for my team. The two major parties are not my team thanks.

My teams just for clarification are DRFC, Yorks CCC & Featherstone Rovers. Oh and any team representing England or GB

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 18, 2021, 12:37:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

THis "they are all as bad as each other" idea.

Look at this morning.

Govt: "Johnson and Sunak have both been close contacts of a COVID case but they won't be self isolating.

Literally EVERY opposition MP: "What the actual f**k! Get self isolated."

Govt: "Johnson and Sunak will be self-isolating."

Large proportion of the population: "All politicians are as bad as each other."

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 18, 2021, 12:42:49 pm by SydneyRover »

My teams just for clarification are DRFC, Yorks CCC & Featherstone Rovers. Oh and any team representing England or GB

I'm not sure this debate is going to go anywhere Campsall as your attempts at reconciliation always appear to be directed at those that don't support conservatives.

labour have not been in power for over 10 years and the economy is a wreck, the response to covid has been infantile at best and on top of that getting brexit done is nowhere near being done. Tell me I'm wrong.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 18, 2021, 12:49:36 pm by Campsall rover »
The proven imbeciles and corrupt liars won a landslide in the last General Election.
What does that say about the Labour Party?

Do you think the British electorate are all completely off their rockers?

The Labour Party need to do some very inward looking and sort themselves out.
We need a strong Labour Party. We always need a strong opposition. That’s what democracy is about.

The current Labour party are still making the same mistakes and would still lose a General Election tomorrow by a considerable margin.
What does that say about the Labour Party Sydney given they up against imbeciles and corrupt liars?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 18, 2021, 12:52:29 pm by SydneyRover »
I thought you just said that neither were your team Campsall, that didn't last long did it?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 18, 2021, 01:00:22 pm by Campsall rover »

I'm not sure this debate is going to go anywhere Campsall as your attempts at reconciliation always appear to be directed at those that don't support conservatives.

labour have not been in power for over 10 years and the economy is a wreck, the response to covid has been infantile at best and on top of that getting brexit done is nowhere near being done. Tell me I'm wrong.
Think this debate is not going places Sydney because you know the Labour Party are a shambles of an opposition and are in deep shit.
This Tory government have had a desperate job to do in the last 16/17 months and at times have made a pigs ear of a job I agree.
Many mistakes have been made. Hindsight eh. Lots of hypocrisy going on. Mixed messages etc etc.

But you know of course the Labour Party would never have got anything wrong. They would have had this pandemic sorted in 6 months max. We would have had a vaccine by lat July at latest.

Sorry your in some sort of fantasy world out their in Aussie if you think the opposition party would have done a better job.

No this debate is going nowhere because it’s GB 3 Sydney 0     :) ;) :) ;) :) ;)  Just joking OK.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 18, 2021, 01:04:17 pm by Campsall rover »
I thought you just said that neither were your team Campsall, that didn't last long did it?

What are you on about. Where just once have i said i am a Tory or even implied i am one.

Take your blinkers off please. Unbelievable Jeff.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 18, 2021, 01:10:46 pm by SydneyRover »

Think this debate is not going places Sydney because you know the Labour Party are a shambles of an opposition and are in deep shit.
This Tory government have had a desperate job to do in the last 16/17 months and at times have made a pigs ear of a job I agree.
Many mistakes have been made. Hindsight eh. Lots of hypocrisy going on. Mixed messages etc etc.

But you know of course the Labour Party would never have got anything wrong. They would have had this pandemic sorted in 6 months max. We would have had a vaccine by lat July at latest.

Sorry your in some sort of fantasy world out their in Aussie if you think the opposition party would have done a better job.

No this debate is going nowhere because it’s GB 3 Sydney 0     :) ;) :) ;) :) ;)  Just joking OK.

Don't answer the questions but don't expect to be taken seriously.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012