Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:56:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLOD vs MKD  (Read 4311 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: TLOD vs MKD
« Reply #60 on October 02, 2021, 04:58:21 pm by PDX_Rover »
Very big win. MK Dons are a very good team. Rovers rode it out. You could see at the end the relief and joy amongst everybody. Good to see.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 02, 2021, 04:58:56 pm by Donny Dub »
Congratulations on the first win.  That was some achievement after Tuesday’s drubbing.
Hopefully it’s onwards and upwards from now on

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 02, 2021, 04:59:41 pm by IDM »
That’s exactly what we need.  I’ll be interested to hear comments on the performance but this is three vital points - points we could have maybe got last Saturday too.

As it stands there are seven teams at the bottom of league one who each have only won two games.  Take things one game at a time, but we’ve a great chance to get out of this mess.

A reprieve for Wellens too.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 02, 2021, 05:01:47 pm by IDM »
Correction - 6 teams with two wins as.Crewe drew and have only one victory.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 02, 2021, 05:03:04 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Terrible player that Cukur, impersonating a footballer he is! ;)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 02, 2021, 05:04:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »

To be fair it was going in anyway after Hiwula chipped the keeper. :laugh:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on October 02, 2021, 05:34:54 pm by glosterred »
The first half was probably the best I’ve seen us play this season, second half they did dominate but without really testing Pontus. Our second goal was probably off side at the start of the build up with Hiwula being the one off side. But there won’t be many Rovers fans complaining it didn’t get given.

Onwards and upwards

COYR

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on October 02, 2021, 07:01:42 pm by bedale rover »
The first half was probably the best I’ve seen us play this season, second half they did dominate but without really testing Pontus. Our second goal was probably off side at the start of the build up with Hiwula being the one off side. But there won’t be many Rovers fans complaining it didn’t get given.

Onwards and upwards

COYR

After about 20 minutes they worked us out

Time after time they 2 on 1 on both the left and the right
We were very fortunate that they didn't capitalise

But what the heck a win is a win
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 07:10:22 pm by bedale rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 02, 2021, 07:09:01 pm by drfchound »
Congratulations on the first win.  That was some achievement after Tuesday’s drubbing.

It was our second league win this season mate.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 02, 2021, 07:10:54 pm by drfchound »

To be fair it was going in anyway after Hiwula chipped the keeper. :laugh:

I was hoping that Tiago wouldn’t tap that in as I thought he might have been offside but looking at the replay he did the right thing as the last defender was trying his hardest to hook Hiwulas attempt away.

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 02, 2021, 07:23:38 pm by Donny Dub »
Congratulations on the win.  That was some achievement after Tuesday’s drubbing.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 03, 2021, 07:22:53 am by glosterred »

Onwards and upwards

COYR

Just watched the goals on Quest, and listened to the discussion and our second goal wasn’t offside as there player made a genuine attempt for the ball. Not often I say this but that was a great spot from the Lino and ref.

COYR

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 03, 2021, 07:40:48 am by RobTheRover »
Williams - poor there…

What happened, PDX_R?

Poor header, put their play in, hauled him back… Lucky boy that the ref didn’t give a penalty imo.

Ro-Shaun put a shift in yesterday, I thought. That header was a rare mistake but came about because he was being fouled as he was challenging for it. MK were very "handsy", grabbing shirts and pushing and pulling, particularly at set pieces.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 03, 2021, 08:41:22 am by DearneValleyRover »
Williams - poor there…

What happened, PDX_R?

Poor header, put their play in, hauled him back… Lucky boy that the ref didn’t give a penalty imo.

Ro-Shaun put a shift in yesterday, I thought. That header was a rare mistake but came about because he was being fouled as he was challenging for it. MK were very "handsy", grabbing shirts and pushing and pulling, particularly at set pieces.

Every team bar us, is very handsy and pull their opponents. It’s about time we had lessons ourselves

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 03, 2021, 10:36:45 am by DonnyOsmond »
Williams - poor there…

What happened, PDX_R?

Yeah Williams did well, Anderson too. They were cutting out every attempt MK made to get through our defence.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 03, 2021, 10:57:16 am by drfchound »
Williams - poor there…

What happened, PDX_R?

Yeah Williams did well, Anderson too. They were cutting out every attempt MK made to get through our defence.

Some people just have blinkered opinions about players and won’t change their mind
For example, two lads behind me at the game slated Williams from start to finish, even finding obscure reasons why when he did something well, it was lucky etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012