Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:10:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Meet the owners  (Read 14092 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Meet the owners
« Reply #60 on December 04, 2021, 05:58:29 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It will be interesting who they will blame?

Will they be appointing a new manager and assistant plus goal keeping coach and set piece coach as the last one although liked was not good at his job. Will they still add to the physio department  who appear have made mistakes with the rehabilitation of injured players.

You forgot to mention the Pilates instructor, or was that Yoga!!

I’ve heard it’s between Busy Lizzy and Mr Motivator for that post.

Give me strength.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 04, 2021, 06:19:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Wellens called the shots, Wellens did the recruiting and the board backed him.

Wellens then demonstrated that he couldn’t manage.

It’s him that should be apologising to the
Board and fans for wasting their money and time, not the other way around.

Great player in his time though.

Whatever way you want to look at it, there is no way whatsoever you can say the board backed him.

When he took the job he must’ve known the budget, yet he took the job.
A budget apparently bigger than the last few years.
Last season budget was 23% less than normal we sold Whiteman to allow us to bring two players in January the rest were loans.

This season the budget is more still below half way in the league how low we don’t know. We had to buy players am for the first time in years.
He would have known the budget but still wanted the job he should have walked away there and then like others did.

Gavin said the recruitment team sorted the players with the DNA so between them it hasn’t worked but maybe better players were beyond our means.

We didn't sell Whiteman to allow us to bring in more players. You know why Whitemen left.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 04, 2021, 08:55:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
Whiteman left because our ambition didn’t match his and he wanted to get closer to home. But we still used part of the money to get two ordinary players in.

We are going backwards at a quick pace we can blame the players yes they have their faults. We can blame Richie he had his faults but we can’t blame the CEO and above for overseeing this debacle.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 04, 2021, 09:04:44 pm by jmt23 »
Just on Dodoo in the second half, that was a clear penalty, he was shoved in the back as he was about to head the ball.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on December 04, 2021, 09:10:19 pm by dickos1 »
Defensive midfielder wasn’t all we needed though was it?
Moore left us with 7 players

It was 14 players, not 7.

It wasn’t 14,
If you’re going to include all the kids who’ve played 2 or 3 games between them, then we’d usually be working with a squad of around 30

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 04, 2021, 09:21:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »

It wasn’t 14,
If you’re going to include all the kids who’ve played 2 or 3 games between them, then we’d usually be working with a squad of around 30

Even if you're not counting the younger lads who have played less than 10 games you've still got 10 players at the start of this season. Do you mind me asking who you're counting?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 04, 2021, 09:28:51 pm by since-1969 »
I can’t see this being a very positive evening.
Sounds like it will be more like a kangaroo court.
Barrack Room lawyers Asking questions over something that is done.
Spilt milk………
It’s normal to have such meetings before the season and bring the fans into the prospective season . I agree that it may not be a positive meeting due to the circumstances but , as they are in charge of their message is likely to be one of optimism . They WILL blame covid-19 for their situation and due to this the lack of funds as well . We have no argument in their eyes as The Wellens appointment was supposed to be a bridge of sorts to show that the club were serious about returning to better times . The reality IS it was a gamble that back fired and the consequences are that relegation is closer now . Short of a new man being charge by the time the meeting is held it will be more of the same old rhetoric of jam tomorrow. Or it could be that they’re   finally putting the club up for sale .
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 09:32:29 pm by since-1969 »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on December 04, 2021, 09:37:14 pm by dickos1 »
Spilt milk………
It’s normal to have such meetings before the season and bring the fans into the prospective season . I agree that it may not be a positive meeting due to the circumstances but , as they are in charge of their message is likely to be one of optimism . They WILL blame covid-19 for their situation and due to this the lack of funds as well . We have no argument in their eyes as The Wellens appointment was supposed to be a bridge of sorts to show that the club were serious about returning to better times . The reality IS it was a gamble that back fired and the consequences are that relegation is closer now . Short of a new man being charge by the time the meeting is held it will be more of the same old rhetoric of jam tomorrow. Or it could be that they’re   finally putting the club up for sale .

You must have to really try hard to right this much garbage all the time.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 04, 2021, 09:42:21 pm by since-1969 »
Spilt milk………

You must have to really try hard to right this much garbage all the time.
No .. I just watch what write  and copy it !!

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 04, 2021, 09:57:50 pm by Goole Rover »
I agree largely with Jonathan’s posting. Jonathan mentioned the clubs vision and this is a very important point. I recall players saying their reason for coming to Doncaster Rovers was because it was a well run club, I haven’t heard that statement for a long time. So what’s gone wrong has Mr Bramhall lost interest I think he has he’s probably more interested in the arts and the associated charities so should he sell the business, if so who would buy it, I can’t honestly think of anyone. Let’s face it we’re not going to get a Frank Wilson or a John Ryan. I believe that unfortunately we’re condemned to the fourth tier and let’s face it Mansfield were a lot more entertaining today than we were.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 04, 2021, 10:14:04 pm by steve@dcfd »

It wasn’t 14,

Even if you're not counting the younger lads who have played less than 10 games you've still got 10 players at the start of this season. Do you mind me asking who you're counting?
It is 10 if you count Jones Horton and Greaves
But Horton and Greaves should only have been contract extensions after Richie had seen them. But we are debating over players who taken part of the players budget but if the budget had been good enough they would not have mattered.
So whether it’s 10 8 or7 we had to bring in a lot of players at one transfer window more than we had achieved in years.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 04, 2021, 10:16:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »

It wasn’t 14,

It is 10 if you count Jones Horton and Greaves
But Horton and Greaves should only have been contract extensions after Richie had seen them. But we are debating over players who taken part of the players budget but if the budget had been good enough they would not have mattered.
So whether it’s 10 8 or7 we had to bring in a lot of players at one transfer window more than we had achieved in years.

I didn't include Greaves.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 05, 2021, 07:21:39 am by colincramb »
The thought of league 2 football just depresses me.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 05, 2021, 08:05:18 am by Alan Southstand »
OK, I’ll play Donny’s game. Here’s the ‘squad’ RW inherited:

Experienced L1 Players:
Keepers - Jones?,
Defenders - Anderson, John,
Midfield- Taylor, Bostock,
Attack - Bogle, Okenabirhie,

Of those above - Okenabirhie & Taylor both injured; John & Bostock would become long term casualties also. We all know about Bogle.

Others:
Ed Williams, Seaman, (both non-league), Greaves, Horton, Hasani, Blythe, Ravenhill, Bottomley

The 6 young lads were given a contract just before we appointed a new manager and imho they were there to make the numbers look better than they were. Seaman & Williams we’re risk signings with a view to development.

Whichever way you look at it, we were already in a mess in the summer and there should have been a ‘substantial’ budget made available to re-enforce the first team, but it never materialised.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 05, 2021, 08:15:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
OK, I’ll play Donny’s game. Here’s the ‘squad’ RW inherited:

Experienced L1 Players:
Keepers - Jones?,
Defenders - Anderson, John,
Midfield- Taylor, Bostock,
Attack - Bogle, Okenabirhie,

Of those above - Okenabirhie & Taylor both injured; John & Bostock would become long term casualties also. We all know about Bogle.

Others:
Ed Williams, Seaman, (both non-league), Greaves, Horton, Hasani, Blythe, Ravenhill, Bottomley

The 6 young lads were given a contract just before we appointed a new manager and imho they were there to make the numbers look better than they were. Seaman & Williams we’re risk signings with a view to development.

Whichever way you look at it, we were already in a mess in the summer and there should have been a ‘substantial’ budget made available to re-enforce the first team, but it never materialised.

It isn't a game? It was a question. You mention the injuries, Bogle, etc, however he still inherited them. He chose to outcast Bogle and Williams and he couldn't plan on Bostock or John becoming injured. You've also forgot Butler who he chose to waste a chunk of budget on releasing to then have to replace.

Think I missed Seaman in my 14.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 05, 2021, 09:56:25 am by Alan Southstand »
In the same way that Butler chose to outcast John, you mean? You could also argue that Butler was on his way (in his own mind) as soon as RW was appointed (did the Board consult Butler before appointing RW? We’ll never know!

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 05, 2021, 09:59:36 am by kirk »
Yesterday’s side was more like an under23 side.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 05, 2021, 10:27:41 am by DonnyOsmond »
In the same way that Butler chose to outcast John, you mean? You could also argue that Butler was on his way (in his own mind) as soon as RW was appointed (did the Board consult Butler before appointing RW? We’ll never know!

John was on the bench, wasn't he? He was always available. He wasn't made to train with the youth team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on December 05, 2021, 10:33:26 am by dickos1 »
It’s a ridiculous argument
It’s a fact that when we came back in June we had a squad that would struggle in the north east counties.
To add to that, probably our two best players have been injured all season.
A budget should be in place if everything is running smoothly, there should always be an emergency fund, if we’d allocated that to wellens back in august when we knew we were in a mess then we wouldn’t be where we are now in the table

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 05, 2021, 10:39:50 am by Janso »
Still hoping Richie's gonna invite you round, dickos?

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 05, 2021, 01:48:51 pm by kirk »
I feel there could be more hostility towards them at this meeting.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 05, 2021, 02:40:24 pm by Prez »
I feel there could be more hostility towards them at this meeting.

I sincerely hope not. Whilst frustrations and emotions are running high at the moment, we dont need scenes like we did at the park hotel, although the situation we are in now, is nothing like the Weaver/Richardson days.

I trust and believe questions will be asked in a dignified manner.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 05, 2021, 03:36:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It’s a fact that when we came back in June we had a squad that would struggle in the north east counties.
A budget should be in place if everything is running smoothly, there should always be an emergency fund, if we’d allocated that to wellens back in august when we knew we were in a mess then we wouldn’t be where we are now in the table

Who have you got in our 2 best players?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 05, 2021, 04:23:34 pm by Draytonian III »

Will they be appointing a new manager and assistant plus goal keeping coach and set piece coach as the last one although liked was not good at his job. Will they still add to the physio department  who appear have made mistakes with the rehabilitation of injured players.

I always thought that ex goalkeepers coached goalkeepers and outfield players did outfield coaching, I bet no other club has done it this way around another master stroke by the footballing knowledge of Mr Wellens .
  “Paul you do the set piece defence coaching “ and if doesn’t work I can use you as another scapegoat

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on December 05, 2021, 04:28:24 pm by dickos1 »

Out of the players left for wellens in the summer, okenabirhie and Taylor are arguably the two best players

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on December 05, 2021, 04:55:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Out of the players left for wellens in the summer, okenabirhie and Taylor are arguably the two best players

Bostock and Okenabirhie for me.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on December 05, 2021, 10:14:22 pm by RoversAlias »

I always thought that ex goalkeepers coached goalkeepers and outfield players did outfield coaching, I bet no other club has done it this way around another master stroke by the footballing knowledge of Mr Wellens .
  “Paul you do the set piece defence coaching “ and if doesn’t work I can use you as another scapegoat

Not necessarily - Nuno Santo, Kevin Blackwell and Nigel Adkins to name three off the top of my head who are former goalkeepers who became managers.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on December 06, 2021, 06:50:23 am by steve@dcfd »
Gerrard was defensive set piece coach and goal keeping coach under Butler asweil I also think he may have been under DM and McCann

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 09, 2021, 08:07:05 pm by roversdude »
Is this in BVB

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member

TinyPortal © 2005-2012