Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:43:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLOD v Plymuff  (Read 4669 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: TLOD v Plymuff
« Reply #90 on January 29, 2022, 05:49:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We were good first 60 minutes.  Frustrating really that we couldn't get some goals to back it up.

But, if we keep improving, keep performing and it will come.  We aren't far away.

Martin and the striker up front impressed me, the left back as sub found it a bit tough but we were chasing the game by then and lost it.

The weak link for me was Galbraith. He has been poor for a while now and I'd say Rowe and Smith ahead of him at the moment.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on January 29, 2022, 06:49:14 pm by Lesonthewest »
In summary, we are doing everything fine apart from the two hardest things. Scoring and not conceding.

We are more competitive for sure but that second half was sobering. We were comfortably outplayed. It shows how far we have slipped when a comfortable home defeat against a side who won't make the play-offs is seen as a flicker of hope.

PDX.
I'm not criticising. I'm being brutally honest.

Yes we have improved in our competitiveness, but we are still miles off the standard required in either penalty area, and we still run out of energy after 60 mins.

Totally agree, on 70 minutes you would have thought it was us that had played midweek, they looked far fitter. There are green shoots & it's good to see us creating chances again, & I enjoyed watching us play with some impetus & purpose. But for now, as Billy says, we are miles off competing the standard required at this level. Hopefully it will come as the new lads bed in.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 29, 2022, 07:42:40 pm by drfchound »
How is the young lad up front playing?

Had three great chances. Blasted all three over the bar. A bit of rustinees but making good runs and getting in good positions.

That’s not true (if we are talking about Odebeko).
He forced a fantastic tip over save by the keeper when he hit his shot after a great run and pull back by Dodoo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012