Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:40:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bostock  (Read 9569 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Bostock
« on April 09, 2022, 05:33:10 pm by Filo »
Head and shoulders above anyone out there again, him and Clayton are starting to show some quality together, far too late mind

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
Re: Bostock
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2022, 05:40:25 pm by Bessie Red »
Head and shoulders above anyone out there again, him and Clayton are starting to show some quality together, far too late mind
Clayton much better today, he looks to have toned up a bit since he first got here.
Bostock could easily play top half Championship he makes everything look so simple. If we had a striker who knew how to make the right runs Bossy would find him all day long. Let's hope we take up the option to extend his Contract.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2022, 05:43:43 pm by graingrover »
Is that right ? We have an option to prolong his contract ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2022, 05:49:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
Option or not, he’s not going to be playing in League Two next season. Won’t happen.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2022, 05:50:13 pm by Lesonthewest »
Taking into account the opposition, we finally look we have a midfield that teams can't walk through, Clayton & Bostock were excellent today. Seems an age since we won, well done Rovers.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2022, 05:54:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
Clayton has some bite about him.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2022, 05:55:27 pm by GazLaz »
Special mention to Clayton. He’s been good the last two weeks. Galbraith instead of Smith next week please.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2022, 05:58:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
That’s only the second time Clayton has completed 90 minutes in the last 16 months.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2022, 05:59:04 pm by Bessie Red »
Option or not, he’s not going to be playing in League Two next season. Won’t happen.
I said that about Tommy Rowe but he signed. Bossy certainly looks like he's enjoying his football here so who knows!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2022, 06:00:42 pm by Bessie Red »
That’s only the second time Clayton has completed 90 minutes in the last 16 months.
He looked alot leaner today and seemed to last the pace a bit better, get a pre season into him and he could be really important for us next season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2022, 06:02:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
I said that about Tommy Rowe but he signed. Bossy certainly looks like he's enjoying his football here so who knows!

I hear you but he’s come back to the English game and proved he can play, and is now starting to complete 90 minutes again. He will sign for a good League One side next season. Not sure a Championship side would be convinced about him yet. Potentially though. Cannot see him trudging around in League Two next season, at his age.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2022, 06:04:41 pm by Campsall rover »
He looked alot leaner today and seemed to last the pace a bit better, get a pre season into him and he could be really important for us next season.
Clayton is starting to look like the player I was hoping he would be. He will be our anchor man in midfield next season. Bostock certainly has a pass in him but wish he had some legs. He passes and stand stills.
If he had the energy of Galbraith or Smith he would be a top Championship midfielder.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2022, 06:08:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Clayton is starting to look like the player I was hoping he would be. He will be our anchor man in midfield next season. Bostock certainly has a pass in him but wish he had some legs. He passes and stand stills.
If he had the energy of Galbraith or Smith he would be a top Championship midfielder.

He doesn't stand still, he offers an option as a pass back to recycle the ball. He's a playmaker not a box to box midfielder who makes runs into the box.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2022, 06:28:23 pm by monkeytennis »
Clayton/Rowe/Bostock/Smith were epic today -if we had played a few more games showing that level of grit and physicality who knows where we would be.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2022, 06:48:14 pm by jmt23 »
Whilst I agree they looked good today, it was against a team who were utter dog poo, and that is being kind…

Let’s hope for some confidence in the win, and we end the season on a relative high.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2022, 06:56:23 pm by Bessie Red »
Clayton/Rowe/Bostock/Smith were epic today -if we had played a few more games showing that level of grit and physicality who knows where we would be.
Unfortunately without a proven goalscorer in the team all season I fear we would still be in the lower reaches of the league. Whatever happens we must get at least 1 striker who can hit the net regularly. I think we should try for Armstrong from Harrogate!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2022, 07:12:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Unfortunately without a proven goalscorer in the team all season I fear we would still be in the lower reaches of the league. Whatever happens we must get at least 1 striker who can hit the net regularly. I think we should try for Armstrong from Harrogate!
Decent player at League 2 level. I assume he is still under contract for another season. If not he would be a good shout. Think we should be able to beat Harrogate on wages !!!

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2022, 07:16:40 pm by Retdon1 »
Even if isn’t keen on playing in league 2 next season, we have to take up the option of the extra year on his contract and then sell him if we receive a worthwhile offer for him. He’s a class player. Makes everything look so easy.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2022, 07:35:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don’t know whether we have an option or not, but the option is unlikely to be as straightforward as we want it, we get it. There is nothing in that for the player to agree to in the first place unless there is something in it for them, eg if they are in same league, or a salary increase, or a million other potential caveats. It’s not just a one way street otherwise a player would never agree to that as they are giving up something without getting anything back in return. Whether we have an option or not, there is no way Bostock will be playing in League Two next season. Won’t happen.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2022, 07:43:30 pm by ditch_drfc »
Could easily play top half of the championship? Against bottom of the league he looked average. We are where we are and he's not made any difference to results.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2022, 07:46:29 pm by dickos1 »
I’d wager we’ve done better with him in the dude than without

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 09, 2022, 07:48:01 pm by ditch_drfc »
I’d wager we’ve done better with him in the dude than without

Why is that dickos? Is that because we might be solid bottom without him? Tonight's entertainment has arrived ladies and gents. Dickos has entered the room

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2022, 08:34:59 pm by Bessie Red »
Could easily play top half of the championship? Against bottom of the league he looked average. We are where we are and he's not made any difference to results.
You can spot a player cant you ditch!

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2022, 08:37:40 pm by LincolnDonny »
Somewhere i must have missed something.
Our "best " were just average and some of the other players were dire.

Thank goodness Crewe were bloody aweful

I think some supporters are blinkered and cant see most passes are terrible.

and the players including Bostok, how many times did we also hear"SHOOT"?
Nice to see when they rarely did though.
Again many seemed to stop just before the penalty box.
I think they have a problem maybe going to far over the half way line they think they will get a nose bleed.

Ok a win is a win, too little too late?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 09, 2022, 08:44:29 pm by Bessie Red »

I think they have a problem maybe going to far over the half way line they think they will get a nose bleed.

19 shots in total - 9 on target is not too shabby in any game!!

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 09, 2022, 08:50:01 pm by LincolnDonny »

19 shots in total - 9 on target is not too shabby in any game!!

many easily dealt with by blocking or their wounded (nosebleed) keeper

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 09, 2022, 08:50:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think there were two in the same scramble in the first half that came close. Other than the goals I don’t really remember any looking like a goal though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 09, 2022, 08:52:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
Big shout out also to the clearly mentally disturbed gent in west stand who the moment Mipo stepped on the pitch stood up and shouted “GET OFF YOU SHIT f**kING Kitson”. Genuinely these people do exist and can seemingly travel around town despite their knuckles dragging on the floor constantly.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 09, 2022, 08:59:52 pm by LincolnDonny »
Big shout out also to the clearly mentally disturbed gent in west stand who the moment Mipo stepped on the pitch stood up and shouted “GET OFF YOU SHIT f**kING Kitson”. Genuinely these people do exist and can seemingly travel around town despite their knuckles dragging on the floor constantly.

Its a guy about 5 rows in front next to the step,  close to the corner flag,
sadly he does that sort of thing often.

not that long ago he threatend someone who didnt like him swearing at one of our players as he came on as sub sat  in a disabled seat next to me as , 2 stewards got involved and gave out a warning..didnt stop himthreatening verbally though and the guy next to me moved away.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 09, 2022, 09:22:48 pm by 5minstogo »

Its a guy about 5 rows in front next to the step,  close to the corner flag,
sadly he does that sort of thing often.

not that long ago he threatend someone who didnt like him swearing at one of our players as he came on as sub sat  in a disabled seat next to me as , 2 stewards got involved and gave out a warning..didnt stop himthreatening verbally though and the guy next to me moved away.

Thought it was close to me but didn't hear exactly what he said. What a cock. Mipo did well when he came on, won nearly every header, had two decent shots.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012