Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:00:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DUP  (Read 5541 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: DUP
« Reply #90 on May 21, 2022, 10:32:36 pm by Ldr »
Yes, stop pandering to ppl who operate outside the law

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 21, 2022, 10:49:16 pm by wilts rover »
Between Ní and roi and stop pandering

That breaks the Good Friday agreement as it creates a barrier/different rules on the island of Ireland. Which SF, the Irish government, the EU & US Congress all oppose. Thats an awful lot of enemies to be making when there is already a war on.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on May 22, 2022, 12:09:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes, stop pandering to ppl who operate outside the law
Ah well. Like the last 25, 100 and 300 years never happened, eh?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on May 22, 2022, 07:05:15 am by Ldr »
The past is the past

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on May 22, 2022, 10:04:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ah, but that's precisely where you're wrong Ldr. f**k about with the GFA and the past is the future. Your glibness on this issue is rather depressing. You'd happily see us going back to a civil war in the UK. And for what?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on May 22, 2022, 10:23:49 am by i_ateallthepies »
ROI are EU, NI are UK.
There can be an agreement, Switzerland have managed it well enough so can UK.
Sin Fein will soon enough be the strongest political party in both NI and the ROI, let them deal with it, they’ll know what to do.

Did you forget that Switzerland retain border controls?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on May 22, 2022, 10:35:06 am by Ldr »
Ah, but that's precisely where you're wrong Ldr. f**k about with the GFA and the past is the future. Your glibness on this issue is rather depressing. You'd happily see us going back to a civil war in the UK. And for what?

Appeasment never works long term. Told you before, Cast NI adrift. Let them get on with it

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on May 22, 2022, 10:37:05 am by SydneyRover »
Because they are of no longer of any value, are you having a bad week Ldr?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on May 22, 2022, 10:44:36 am by Ldr »

Because the Island of Ireland is a territorial unit and we have no business been there in the first place. I'm sad you think that a whole country of people have no value though Syd, never expected that from you

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on May 22, 2022, 10:59:16 am by SydneyRover »

Because the Island of Ireland is a territorial unit and we have no business been there in the first place. I'm sad you think that a whole country of people have no value though Syd, never expected that from you

Maybe not but we are and until they decide otherwise we are one and it is a tory or rather a johnson problem to fix, I said a while ago that this maybe his downfall, I may yet be correct.

I'll ignore your jibe, if you don't wish to converse just say so.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 22, 2022, 11:06:13 am by Ldr »

Wasn't a jibe mate, just your post read that way, apologies if I've misinterpreted it. At this stage I'd take any issue getting rid of this lot as a bonus

Maybe not but we are and until they decide otherwise we are one and it is a tory or rather a johnson problem to fix, I said a while ago that this maybe his downfall, I may yet be correct.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on May 22, 2022, 11:08:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.
There are Unionists in NI whose families have lived there for centuries. What right do you, as a comfortable Englishman, have to tell them to get out of your country? What gives you that authority?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on May 22, 2022, 11:14:13 am by Ldr »
Ldr.
There are Unionists in NI whose families have lived there for centuries. What right do you, as a comfortable Englishman, have to tell them to get out of your country? What gives you that authority?

Why do you think everyone has to justify their opinions to you?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on May 22, 2022, 11:16:58 am by SydneyRover »

Wasn't a jibe mate, just your post read that way, apologies if I've misinterpreted it. At this stage I'd take any issue getting rid of this lot as a bonus

Accepted. We cannot do that, even johnson's lack of moral code would require his party to step in. I said a while ago this issue may be the end of him as there is no obvious solution. To cast them adrift is not possible, it would leave us with no friends except those that saw financial opportunity, we would be the pariahs of Europe.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on May 22, 2022, 11:20:31 am by Ldr »

Accepted. We cannot do that, even johnson's lack of moral code would require his party to step in. I said a while ago this issue may be the end of him as there is no obvious solution. To cast them adrift is not possible, it would leave us with no friends except those that saw financial opportunity, we would be the pariahs of Europe.

I think we are getting to be that already. As a country we have a history of meddling. We need to stop that, it rarely ends well

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on May 22, 2022, 11:45:23 am by SydneyRover »
This may yet be the ultimate price that Britain pays for dumbest idea to date that has spewed from the tory machine, brexit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on May 22, 2022, 11:58:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

Why do you think everyone has to justify their opinions to you?

I don't.

Why do you think you can have opinions without having them challenged?

At the end of the day, the only person we have to justify our opinions to is ourself. Consequently, we all have a responsibility to reflect on what we believe and to welcome criticism of it. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 12:31:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on May 22, 2022, 12:30:36 pm by Ldr »
I’d ask the same of you

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on May 22, 2022, 12:32:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
See above.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on May 22, 2022, 12:35:41 pm by Ldr »
I replied before your edit mate

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 22, 2022, 12:47:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yep, I get that. You see my point though? Having opinions is great but you need to reflect on what their consequences are.

In this specific case, f**king about with the GFA will relight the flame under a centuries old powder keg. We (UK, NI, Ireland, EU) had devised a superb solution to this problem. And it has worked.

Now, without ever discussing or considering it, Brexit is putting all that back in jeopardy.

Maybe you think that the benefits of Brexit justify that. But don't try to evade your responsibility for renewed trouble in NI if it happens.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on May 22, 2022, 12:52:30 pm by Ldr »
See I disagree with that, the only ones with responsibility for troubles in NI are those that participated. Everyone is responsible for their own actions, not those of others.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on May 22, 2022, 01:25:54 pm by BobG »
So Englishman Cromwell has nowt to do with then LDR?

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on May 22, 2022, 02:10:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
See I disagree with that, the only ones with responsibility for troubles in NI are those that participated. Everyone is responsible for their own actions, not those of others.

And that is where we differ.

Brexit had made it inevitable that one side or the other in NI will have their lives economically, emotionally and spiritually worsened. I think we had a moral responsibility to factor that into the debate in 2016. But we didn't because the Leave side refused to accept there was even an issue to address.

You might day that is not your responsibility. But the Troubles in NI didn't start because people in NI chose to make a problem.

The Troubles became as bad as they were because of decisions by YOUR country a) to invade and colonise Ireland 300 years ago, b) to partition Ireland 100 years ago in a way that produced an inbuilt imbalance in NI, then c) to intervene 50 years ago in a way that exacerbated the aggression.

YOUR country and mine has a major responsibility in far, medium and recent past history.

You, bring the libertarian that you are, want to do what libertarians all over the world do - shrug your shoulders and say " not my problem". Me, I think if your forefathers choose to shit in your neighbours' garden, you have a responsibility to help clear up the stink.b

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on May 22, 2022, 02:56:23 pm by Ldr »
I am only responsible for my own actions, I can’t imagine the guilt you must bear if you think you have responsibility for all that came before you

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on May 22, 2022, 02:57:14 pm by Ldr »
So Englishman Cromwell has nowt to do with then LDR?

BobG

Hi Bob as said before, we had no business been there in the first place, even prior to Cromwell.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on May 22, 2022, 03:47:08 pm by Dutch Uncle »
The past is the past

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to make the same mistakes in the future

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on May 22, 2022, 04:01:28 pm by Ldr »
The past is the past

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to make the same mistakes in the future

Agreed Dutch but learning lessons from it and been held responsible for the actions of others are 2 separate things

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on May 22, 2022, 05:47:53 pm by scawsby steve »
This may yet be the ultimate price that Britain pays for dumbest idea to date that has spewed from the tory machine, brexit.

Not entirely true, Sydney. The far left wanted Brexit too.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on May 22, 2022, 05:53:07 pm by drfchound »

Not entirely true, Sydney. The far left wanted Brexit too.

Very true SS. Well done for addressing another misleading post.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012