Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:15:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Striker x2 - Luke Molyneux  (Read 10244 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: New Striker x2 - Luke Molyneux
« Reply #1 on June 21, 2022, 05:08:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
Midfielder I think, but looks an interesting player.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 21, 2022, 05:09:14 pm by Bessie Red »
Another very good signing, well done Gary, Steve & Copps for getting this one over the line.

Stocksbridge Owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 21, 2022, 05:10:43 pm by Stocksbridge Owl »
Christ, that’s one hell of a signing for you guys. I saw him a number of times for Hartlepool and he was easily one of their best, if not their best player almost each time. Got a cracking engine on him, not afraid to get stuck in and knows where the goal is. I genuinely thought he’d end up in League 1 this season.

If signings like this don’t excite you then not much will!!

Well done Donny!

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 21, 2022, 05:11:13 pm by ChrisBx »
I imagine he'll play wide right and look to cut inside. His left foot looks lethal.

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 21, 2022, 05:12:12 pm by thumper »
Great signing! Reading Hartlepool fans comments on twitter pretty much everyone is gutted he's gone!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 21, 2022, 05:12:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
Again right age left footed scores goals at league 2  Hartlepools player of the year. Let’s hope these young lads will progress together.

Now the question where is Hiwula and Dodoo still no answer ??

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 21, 2022, 05:16:10 pm by keith79 »
Christ, that’s one hell of a signing for you guys. I saw him a number of times for Hartlepool and he was easily one of their best, if not their best player almost each time. Got a cracking engine on him, not afraid to get stuck in and knows where the goal is. I genuinely thought he’d end up in League 1 this season.

Well done Donny!
im excited by this response.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 21, 2022, 05:16:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Well done Donny!

If you want to see non-excitement, just wait for eyeore since-1969 to post about this signing.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 21, 2022, 05:16:59 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Player of year, player’s player of year and top scorer last season.
No wonder their fans are gutted.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 21, 2022, 05:17:17 pm by scunny rover »
Just said same about dodoo and hiwula

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 21, 2022, 05:18:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Midfielder I think, but looks an interesting player.

Played wide right or up front as a link-up man this season. Could be a decent partner for Miller.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 21, 2022, 05:25:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
Him and the lad yesterday both actually look pleased and wanted to be here. Most of the signings last year, well…

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 21, 2022, 05:30:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Things look as if they are coming together really happy with all the signings so far, get a left back of good quality and I can see this season being the polar opposite to last

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 21, 2022, 05:30:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Cracking signing, this. Molyneux is a lively, talented forward who will cause loads of problems for defences. The thought of a fully-fit Griffiths, Miller and Molyneux in the final third with Rowe breaking forward as well is a genuinely exciting one.

He'll play off the flank or can be utilised up front, got a real eye for goal and plenty of energy. Great work by Copps and McSheffrey.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 21, 2022, 05:32:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
If Dodoo and Hiwula are on the way out, we are probably short one or two wide or attacking players, who will likely be loans. The left back needs to be permanent. Depending on where we are expecting Rowe to be played, perhaps a permanent central midfielder is needed also.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 21, 2022, 05:35:43 pm by idler »
Possibly the goals that Tommy Rowe and Luke score will take some pressure off of the forwards and also more importantly, our defence.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 21, 2022, 05:37:38 pm by Jonathan »
Cracking signing, this. Molyneux is a lively, talented forward who will cause loads of problems for defences. The thought of a fully-fit Griffiths, Miller and Molyneux in the final third with Rowe breaking forward as well is a genuinely exciting one.

He'll play off the flank or can be utilised up front, got a real eye for goal and plenty of energy. Great work by Copps and McSheffrey.

Not to mention Jon Taylor who I honestly think will be one of the best in the division when fit.

This is a great signing, and it’s starting to get exciting.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 21, 2022, 05:38:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Crikey. It's only Tuesday and we've signed two players!

Is this the attacking player who we needed to fill Martin's boots? Someone who's prepared to run at the heart of defences and create spaces to shoot!!??

Sounds an exciting prospect and listening to him, he has the desire to score and entertain in the process.

That's three good characters we've signed so perhaps Copps/McSheffreys pulling power is beginning to show.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 21, 2022, 05:44:39 pm by roversdude »
Brilliant signing well done Rovers - getting excited about the season, let’s get a decent left back and a lump up front to offer something different and we can have a good crack at this league

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 21, 2022, 05:47:37 pm by andyst79 »
Him and the lad yesterday both actually look pleased and wanted to be here. Most of the signings last year, well…
Exactly this. Looks like they want to move to better themselves and progress there careers as opposed to waiting and seeing if someone else offers more £. As much of a disaster last season was maybe going down a division will help us rebuild and come back stronger

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 21, 2022, 05:49:56 pm by roversdude »

Well done Donny!

If you want to see non-excitement, just wait for eyeore since-1969 to post about this signing.

Love that - he won’t be on here because it’s positivity at the moment - the forum is not a gloomy place lol

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 21, 2022, 05:52:16 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Great signing on the face of it. We aren't far off now imo and it's nice to say that without a loan signing at the club. Get a proper left back and then maybe another centre midfielder and we're sorted imo.

Get rid of Dodoo and Hiwula then maybe a loan of two to put the cherry on top. Although I'd be well happy without any loans. Just keep a group who are committed to the club and who the club will benefit from developing.

Also hope we play really attacking. 442 with Rowe on the left this lad on the right and Reo/Miller up top would be a handful for this league

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 21, 2022, 05:54:32 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Another young player who looks raring to go!

He’s certainly a type of player (looking to go past opponents & shoot “from everywhere really”) that we were crying out for last season.

Who’ll be up next?!

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 21, 2022, 06:02:04 pm by ForsolongaRover »
The difference between these signings and those this time last year is that this lot have recognisable quality and enthusiasm for the club whereas it was rather difficult to see what Wellens perceived in his recruits. You can imagine that there was rather more competition for these latest batch.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 21, 2022, 06:02:38 pm by Prez »
Pools fan on Twitter..... How the hell is this a step up from Hartlepool???!!

Looks a very good player, pleased with this.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 21, 2022, 06:04:13 pm by ncRover »
A goal scoring winger is exactly what we needed. Good vibes are back!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 21, 2022, 06:07:59 pm by Copps is Magic »
Molyneux? I'll believe it when I'm sat in it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 21, 2022, 06:12:59 pm by drfchound »
Seems to be a good signing.
Really looking forward to seeing the various versions of his name that will pop up on here.   ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 21, 2022, 06:14:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Shows that despite what many say, in this league we do have pulling power both financially and footballing wise.  2 good signings so far.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012