Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:55:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Emergency Meeting (FAO Silent_majority)  (Read 11141 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Emergency Meeting (FAO Silent_majority)
« Reply #30 on December 29, 2022, 04:17:20 pm by silent majority »
I've just been witnessing the current goings on from Tom Anderson disrespecting the fans to the Sponsors paying the players wages to fans now voting with their feet.

Clearly there needs to be some form of dialogue ASAP with the board, Copps etc.

A face to face meeting or even a Teams video chat between fans and the club or something.

We are 4 points off the Play-Offs and I feel that the atmosphere is going to derail or season.

Time for some pro-active dialogue between Club and fans!

Can this be facilitated?

Hi,

I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. But I have to say that I think its far too early to be reacting on such a scale just yet, and mostly for the reasons that other posters have already mentioned.

Firstly, the rumour that a sponsor, namely Eco Power, have paid players wages in the last month is just preposterous. I've also been made aware that somebody states the situation is much worse than that and we're close to administration is again nonsense. I meet regularly with the club, I have a good relationship with Gavin and also with Richard the Finance Director, and I can assure you that we are in a very healthy financial position. That doesn't mean that we're rolling in spare cash, but what it does mean is that we are in control of our finances, and that we're on track with regards to the budget. Which in turn means that we're going to have finance available for this transfer window.

We do have some pinch points, just like any business, and they're principally around going out of the cup competitions early doors and the massive increase in our utility costs. Both of those points are being addressed.

For some individuals to suggest that TB, who has sunk over £20m into DRFC, would put the club and his investment at risk for a few thousand £'s is just too ridiculous for words. The FD, and it would be his responsibility, would no doubt ask TB for the money first, then the bank, then alternative sources. (I'm not suggesting that's the case just that how daft it would be) Why approach a sponsor when TB has never fallen short of dipping into his pocket when required?

For that reason alone I couldn't in all honesty ask the club to call an emergency meeting, they would just dismiss our fears out of hand.

The second reason is that from a playing point of view the club would answer that there are some concerns, obviously losing like we did on Saturday doesn't help, but we need to see things play out a bit longer. 4 points adrift off a play-off place and with a new manager who's been in charge for 8 games does not constitute a full blown crisis.

I do have some concerns myself with regard to certain parts of the club that I feel have been going backwards in the last year or two, but again not enough reason to be calling an emergency meeting, in fact not really enough reason to debate those on here. Some of those issues have already been pointed out by others, namely communication etc. but these are topics I've raised repeatedly and will continue to do so.

If you have other concerns then please feel free to let me know, I'm happy as usual to put all points across.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 29, 2022, 04:18:16 pm by silent majority »
Do Blunt and Bramall go to the games?

Yes of course they do.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 29, 2022, 04:21:26 pm by Chris Black come back »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 29, 2022, 04:28:02 pm by mushRTID »

Yes of course they do.

Good, our demise under their direction should be hitting home then.

I half expected them to be avoiding it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 29, 2022, 04:38:58 pm by silent majority »

Yes of course they do.

I'm not sure if TB has missed a game all season, I could be wrong. He's usually sat in the directors section with JC, which if you think about it gives him much more insight in what the clubs trying to do!!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 29, 2022, 04:52:14 pm by knockers »
I wouldn’t discount the fact that people might not renew STs next season either.
Two of the lads I go to games with aren’t going to the game tonight because they are simply fed up of watching what is being served up.

One of our four isn’t renewing next year and there’s only two going tonight. The only reason that I am going is due our daughters boyfriend wanting to see a game otherwise I wouldn’t be bothering.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 05:35:37 pm by knockers »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 29, 2022, 04:55:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I wouldn’t discount the fact that people might not renew STs next season either.
Two of the lads I go to games with aren’t going to the game tonight because they are simply fed up of watching what is being served up.

One of our four isn’t renewing next year and there is only me going tonight. The only reason that I am going is due our daughters boyfriend wanting to see a game otherwise I wouldn’t be bothering.

You trying to get rid of him?   :laugh:

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 29, 2022, 05:14:04 pm by monkeytennis »

Yes of course they do.

I'm not sure if TB has missed a game all season, I could be wrong. He's usually sat in the directors section with JC, which if you think about it gives him much more insight in what the clubs trying to do!!

I’d love to be a fly on the wall and hear that conversation

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 29, 2022, 05:40:04 pm by mushRTID »

Yes of course they do.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall and hear that conversation

Would certainly love to have heard them trying to figure out the Mitchell/Anderson tactics the other day!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 29, 2022, 07:24:09 pm by eastender »

Yes of course they do.

I sit about 10 foot away from the Directors Box and would say although TB has attended games this Season , i would say that he has missed more than he has attended IMO, but could be wrong.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on December 29, 2022, 09:54:44 pm by since-1969 »
Is L2 a better fit for the club with lower wages and still reasonable crowds still in attendance ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 29, 2022, 10:58:06 pm by silent majority »
Is L2 a better fit for the club with lower wages and still reasonable crowds still in attendance ?

I’m not sure how many times I have to answer this very question on this forum, and I’m sure I’ve done this on at least 8/9 occasions, but the answer is no.

The reduction in player wages and lower ticket prices and attendance does not in anyway compensate for the loss in solidarity payments and TV revenue.

We’re better off in lg1.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 12:27:30 pm by silent majority »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 29, 2022, 11:00:35 pm by drfchound »
If we win tonight bet they'll be there on Sunday

I wouldn’t put money on that mate.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 29, 2022, 11:13:52 pm by Colin C No.3 »

One of our four isn’t renewing next year and there’s only two going tonight. The only reason that I am going is due our daughters boyfriend wanting to see a game otherwise I wouldn’t be bothering.
[/quoute

Shock, horror!

Woah! Hold the front pages!!

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 30, 2022, 08:22:58 pm by Red wizard »
How much different are the solidarity payments in l 2 compared to l1 ? I wouldn't of said it's that much of a difference.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 30, 2022, 08:44:28 pm by ravenrover »
If you are asking, you don't have a clue like the rest of us

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 30, 2022, 10:27:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
The last communication we had from Mr Blunt was that we would “bounce back decisively”.

It would be good to hear what he thinks about that bold statement now!

That communication was before the season started and there’s been nothing since! Does anyone care anymore (at Board level)? The impression is, sadly, they don’t.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 01, 2023, 01:21:56 pm by drfchound »

[/quoute

Quote from Colin C.
Shock, horror!

Woah! Hold the front pages!!

Post by hound:
Judging from that response of yours Colin C I think you must be David Blunt in disguise, completely indifferent to the fact that supporters are drifting away from the club, but hey ho, who cares?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 01, 2023, 03:24:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
They look to be holding up pretty well to me.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/doncaster-rovers/attendances

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 01, 2023, 07:45:27 pm by drfchound »

Those figures include away fans of course and Carlisle had a decent following today.
They also include season ticket holders who don’t attend.
There is no way there were 7000 plus in the stadium today.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 01, 2023, 07:48:48 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Those figures include away fans of course and Carlisle had a decent following today.

I thought 7k was about right today to be honest.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 01, 2023, 08:08:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
About right considering they brought 1100. 5900 home fans is v poor at today's prices and new year's day.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 01, 2023, 08:37:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Just as much as there is no way the attendances are going down. 

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 02, 2023, 01:25:53 pm by i_ateallthepies »

You clearly aren't a West Stand attender or watching on iPlayer then Glyn.  The view from which the attendance in the east stand is drastically lower than previous seasons.  I would estimate easily fewer than 50% of even last season.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 02, 2023, 02:38:54 pm by roversdude »
Thought about 7k - they brought a few but were disappointing in how much noise they made, not a patch on Walsall

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 02, 2023, 10:29:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You clearly aren't a West Stand attender or watching on iPlayer then Glyn.  The view from which the attendance in the east stand is drastically lower than previous seasons.  I would estimate easily fewer than 50% of even last season.

Of course crowds are down on previous seasons, we've been relegated! But Hound said supporters are drifting away - present tense - which means within this season.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 02, 2023, 10:54:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Whether season ticket holders are counted as attending games even when they don't I'm not sure, but there are definitely fewer people in our area of the West Stand than earlier in the season.

Where about do you sit Glyn?   

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 03, 2023, 01:59:14 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm unfortunately not able to attend. But when I was able to I couldn't see the whole of the other attendees, just like anybody else. And I certainly wouldn't be confident enough to say how many were there. Hence using by the official figures, perhaps you know of any more accurate?

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 03, 2023, 02:37:02 am by Canadian Rover »
From over here!! In IFollow Land the East stand looks horrendously empty and the south stand dwindling. I've mentioned on here (and understand why cameras can't move) but if the club were looking to show increased interest via crowds something needs to be done to fill the East stand.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 03, 2023, 08:05:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
Of course, it's impossible to see how full the entire stand that you're sitting in is. You can see how full it is locally though. Assessing the volume of people locally along with the volume of empty seats in the East stand, I find it suspicious to claim the ground is almost half full.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012