Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:51:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Emergency Meeting (FAO Silent_majority)  (Read 11142 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Emergency Meeting (FAO Silent_majority)
« on December 29, 2022, 12:04:13 pm by roverstillidie91 »
I've just been witnessing the current goings on from Tom Anderson disrespecting the fans to the Sponsors paying the players wages to fans now voting with their feet.

Clearly there needs to be some form of dialogue ASAP with the board, Copps etc.

A face to face meeting or even a Teams video chat between fans and the club or something.

We are 4 points off the Play-Offs and I feel that the atmosphere is going to derail or season.

Time for some pro-active dialogue between Club and fans!

Can this be facilitated?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Emergency Meeting (FAO Silent_majority)
« Reply #1 on December 29, 2022, 12:15:42 pm by Upton Rover »
It sure needs it

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 29, 2022, 12:25:11 pm by vaya »
I've just been witnessing the current goings on from Tom Anderson disrespecting the fans to the Sponsors paying the players wages to fans now voting with their feet.

A face to face meeting or even a Teams video chat between fans and the club or something.

We are 4 points off the Play-Offs and I feel that the atmosphere is going to derail or season.

Can this be facilitated?

Have the sponsors paid the wages?

On the face of it that's a serious allegation.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 29, 2022, 12:26:43 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Can this be facilitated?

it was quoted on social media, not by myself of course just to make that clear

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 29, 2022, 12:28:34 pm by vaya »

Can this be facilitated?

Fair enough, but there's a lot of things quoted on social media, it doesn't necessarily make it correct.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 29, 2022, 12:30:33 pm by Spud »
Am sure SM has already rubbished the wages thing.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 29, 2022, 12:30:42 pm by Chris Black come back »

Can this be facilitated?

Fans haven’t voted with their feet. People saying after some piss poor performances that they will not renew their season tickets (almost all of which certainly will) does not constitute people voting with their feet. There were for instance several hundred at Tranmere in what was a healthy away support.

We are playing largely diabolically bad football and getting the requisite results, but the club is not about to collapse and is not financially insolvent heading to oblivion.

We aren’t going up this season and we aren’t going down. It’s terrible football we are having to watch but think of this season as rebuilding and reconfiguring. This is a group of players that isn’t working, but there are two windows to put much of that right. Not sure what convening an emergency meeting is meant to solve. This is bad football not bad governance.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 29, 2022, 12:31:39 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Can this be facilitated?

Fair enough, but there's a lot of things quoted on social media, it doesn't necessarily make it correct.
I did think it was a bizarre claim, but the more pressing thing I believe is to get some sort of statement or communication by the club or something

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 29, 2022, 12:32:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
About what?! The board is meant to offer a view on how we counter the press, or our total absence of pace or width?!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 29, 2022, 12:34:59 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Can this be facilitated?

Fans haven’t voted with their feet. People saying after some piss poor performances that they will not renew their season tickets (almost all of which certainly will) does not constitute people voting with their feet. There were for instance several hundred at Tranmere in what was a healthy away support.

We are playing largely diabolically bad football and getting the requisite results, but the club is not about to collapse and is not financially insolvent heading to oblivion.

We aren’t going up this season and we aren’t going down. It’s terrible football we are having to watch but think of this season as rebuilding and reconfiguring. This is a group of players that isn’t working, but there are two windows to put much of that right. Not sure what convening an emergency meeting is meant to solve. This is bad football not bad governance.
I think that Copps has certainly stated that the club is self sustainable and is self generating.

I never understand some rovers fans who think they should tell a late 70s multi millionaire what he should do with his money though however.

He has put plenty of money in in the past.

I know you say fans aren't voting with their feet and you're confident that they won't however it will create uncertainty especially for budget planning for January and next season.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 29, 2022, 12:36:58 pm by vaya »

So I understand.

The club's remained quite sanguine about it. Anyone starting a rumour like that about my business would find themselves needing legal representation sharpish.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 29, 2022, 12:38:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
I get that but a handful of people on social media saying they won’t renew (they almost all will) is not a representative or significant sample. Another season in League Two will of course reduce attendances, and am sure this will always have been factored in to budgets. We are not going to see wholesale non renewal of season tickets though. It’s like opinion polling. Nobody ever says they are going to vote Tory but the bas**rds always end up getting in power. 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 29, 2022, 12:52:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Can this be facilitated?

So did you challenge the claim on Social media? Why should the club even get involved in this silly tittle-tattle, a pure invention from someone with an agenda.

The talking needs to be done on the pitch and actions taken during the transfer window. At the end of window, if we are well short of where we need to be, then you would expect Copps/Schofield to spell out why.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 29, 2022, 12:55:24 pm by Canadian Rover »
The club almost certainly does need to improve it's communication and we'd love as fans to see extra investment in the first team.

I can't see for one moment the allegations that sponsors paid the players wages to be true though.

Do the club need an EGM may be so but that's with each other as owners and directors and management. I'd like to think that meetings and discussions are happening.

Results and style of play have been severely lacking and that's down to JC to discuss with DS one would assume.

Let's see what happens in the near future. The club has suffered from sadly losing Dick Watson it seems from the outside at least his passion for the club is missing. Blunt and Gavin took a stake of ownership didn't they when the Watson family stepped away from the club (leaving any monies owed written off). Our club should be in a healthy state off the pitch one would assume.

Is it time for the shadow board to be involved in discussions? Yes for sure. A vision/expectation for what's to come in January would be great.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 29, 2022, 12:56:37 pm by Filo »
Theres always a minority rabble rousing on social media claiming they speak for the majority, we’ve had it in the past

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 29, 2022, 01:03:43 pm by Retdon1 »
Theres always a minority rabble rousing on social media claiming they speak for the majority, we’ve had it in the past

What may have started off as a minority is quickly growing in numbers

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 29, 2022, 01:17:21 pm by Upton Rover »
We have never been the same since we last the stadium’s name that was the one and only KS

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 29, 2022, 01:23:29 pm by steve@dcfd »
Isn’t that the same as this site were a minority of the supporters believe they talk for the majority.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 29, 2022, 01:27:44 pm by Filo »
Isn’t that the same as this site were a minority of the supporters believe they talk for the majority.

Like who?

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 29, 2022, 01:39:12 pm by Fal »

Spot on

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 29, 2022, 01:53:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So I understand.

The club's remained quite sanguine about it. Anyone starting a rumour like that about my business would find themselves needing legal representation sharpish.

Do you think there's someone trawling all and every social media to find everything to respond to? My experience of ridiculous accusations of this kind are they are well hidden away and only see the light of day when passed on and passed on as if they were the gospel truth by gullible idiots.

For example - you say they'd be needing legal representation if they did this to your business. Do you know who should the club sue over this, or is it impossible to find who the original source was?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 29, 2022, 02:00:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

And when they get the communication they demand, instantly say they don't believe what they've been told (because they of course, know the 'real truth'). Catch 22 for the club.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 29, 2022, 02:10:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
For me there's a few points;

1.  The club can't comment on every single rumour that's made that would be ridiculous.  Are the so called financial rumours likely?  Probably not but they could indirectly easily quash it if so.

2.  The club communications have not been particularly forthcoming of late.  Yes a lot of angst is driven by 90 minutes on a Saturday (when winning nobody cares), but there doesn't seem to be much real intent to quell negativity right now.  I felt there was at the start of the season but it's quickly dropped.

3. Just what is the long term strategy for the club and owner.  Does the owner want to stay in charge for 3 months, 5 years, 10 years?  Are they actively interested in selling or fully committed to being as we are?

4. Emergency meeting - if I was the club I wouldn't do it, it implies a crisis and gives a mouthpiece to anyone to throw accusations that are largely unfounded.  But they should talk through some means publicly.

I don't know the answer to much of that if I'm honest.  What I do know is the current all round position and feel of the club is probably the lowest it's been for at least 15 years.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 02:13:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 29, 2022, 02:56:35 pm by Draytonian III »
A lot of the social media turmoil is caused by keyboard warriors of which a big percentage haven’t started shaving yet

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 29, 2022, 02:59:29 pm by keith79 »
A lot of the social media turmoil is caused by keyboard warriors of which a big percentage haven’t started shaving yet
That doesn't make it less true.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 29, 2022, 02:59:58 pm by Canadian Rover »

Let's not further alienate our fellow supporters. The club is in enough of a bad place at the moment.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 29, 2022, 03:08:13 pm by DRNaith »
Another point, how would the club look if they sued fans, which is exactly how it would be painted?

People can make unfounded allegations and probably get away with it, as the club would never want to respond in a way that would question it's integrity.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 29, 2022, 03:18:04 pm by drfchound »
I wouldn’t discount the fact that people might not renew STs next season either.
Two of the lads I go to games with aren’t going to the game tonight because they are simply fed up of watching what is being served up.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 29, 2022, 03:54:52 pm by ravenrover »
If we win tonight bet they'll be there on Sunday

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 29, 2022, 04:00:18 pm by mushRTID »
Do Blunt and Bramall go to the games?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012