Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:36:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Toxic chanting?  (Read 5980 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Toxic chanting?
« Reply #30 on February 04, 2024, 01:12:17 pm by bpoolrover »
Im all for people voicing their opinions. You pay the ticket fees so chant him out all you want. Personally think its pure stupidity to chant it but, each to their own. What I can't stand is people chanting that he is a cnut. Its disgusting and should result in being thrown out the ground.
there would be hardly anyone in the ground if you did that, how many times do you hear fans calling opposing players things

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 04, 2024, 01:13:27 pm by swain_drfc »
This is why the club is moving swiftly towards non league. We have a large contingent of fans who are happy to just accept how far this club has fallen in 4 seasons. No club in the football league has seen such a demise and our fans get upset with a few chants of TB to sell the club! There should be more of it! Sing up loud and proud lads.

Btw, no comments about how loud the fans were yesterday from the 1st minute! The fans couldn’t do much more yesterday in terms of vocal support and we get served up that crap. It was a bottom half national league game yesterday between 2 very very poor teams. Somehow we looked worse.

On the contrary I’d say the idiots chanting nonsense every week are the ones contributing to the demise of the club.
First it was butler then Baldwin, then it was Schofield, now it’s brammal.
We’ve got a load of idiots that travel to watch this club that have no idea about the club, about what brammal has done for the club, they’re just sheep following the other idiots

What he has done for the club? We are going back to non league under his leadership! It’s as black and white as that fella. This club is going back to non league, remember the last guy to do that?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 04, 2024, 01:14:41 pm by mushRTID »
This is why the club is moving swiftly towards non league. We have a large contingent of fans who are happy to just accept how far this club has fallen in 4 seasons. No club in the football league has seen such a demise and our fans get upset with a few chants of TB to sell the club! There should be more of it! Sing up loud and proud lads.

Btw, no comments about how loud the fans were yesterday from the 1st minute! The fans couldn’t do much more yesterday in terms of vocal support and we get served up that crap. It was a bottom half national league game yesterday between 2 very very poor teams. Somehow we looked worse.

On the contrary I’d say the idiots chanting nonsense every week are the ones contributing to the demise of the club.
We’ve got a load of idiots that travel to watch this club that have no idea about the club, about what brammal has done for the club, they’re just sheep following the other idiots

Been some strange comments on here over the years but blaming the fans for a few chants for our demise is up there.

Incredible.

You have also exaggerated to make your point as per usual. It hasn’t been “every week” at all. There have been many weeks we’ve been crap this year and still backed Grant and the lads.

I honestly think Rovers fans have been fairly patient with the last 3/4 years.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 01:21:05 pm by mushRTID »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 04, 2024, 01:19:47 pm by idler »
The chanting and drumming were great and loud but as soon as we conceded the atmosphere changed a bit for some.
That was when the team needed support. Have a gripe at the end, don’t demoralise players still on the pitch if you want them to perform.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 04, 2024, 01:20:09 pm by swain_drfc »

Please explain further how the fans showing their disgust is more detrimental to the club than the owner starving it of funds to produce a competitive football team? Can’t wait to hear this one.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 04, 2024, 01:25:18 pm by Canadian Rover »
The toxic chanting is terrible and needs to stop, likewise so does the PR spin from those in the know fan wise, the shadow board included it's all very well for the VSC Official and Shadow Board posting out they knew about the sanctions imposed on the club whilst keeping the rest of the supporters in the dark. Not that this excuses any of the vile chants.

However we as a club need to stop the "them and us and those in the know" as it creates further detachment and resentment to the broader fan base.

We need to stop the "them and us" and the enemy within like ethos and get back to being a "we" just as Richard Wood and McGrath said... It's their club as well. The current squad will certainly be feeling the pressure, it's their careers and wages on the line not ours.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 04, 2024, 02:16:26 pm by wilts rover »
So what do you think would happen if he just pulled his investment?????
Hardly a vanity project what a stupid statement
If he pulled the plug, I doubt we'd notice a difference.
As far as it being a vanity project, it's exactly what it is for him, and he's just gaslighting people to think otherwise.

At least Terry Bramhall doesn't go off in a huff once he gets criticised. Then come back with a different user name pretenting he is a new contributor.

'vanity project...' the ego has landed.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 04, 2024, 02:23:32 pm by StocksArmy »
Im all for people voicing their opinions. You pay the ticket fees so chant him out all you want. Personally think its pure stupidity to chant it but, each to their own. What I can't stand is people chanting that he is a cnut. Its disgusting and should result in being thrown out the ground.
there would be hardly anyone in the ground if you did that, how many times do you hear fans calling opposing players things

Aye and good riddance to em.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 04, 2024, 02:23:38 pm by StocksArmy »

Aye and good riddance to em.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 04, 2024, 02:24:52 pm by dickos1 »

What he has done for the club? We are going back to non league under his leadership! It’s as black and white as that fella. This club is going back to non league, remember the last guy to do that?

If you don’t know what TB has done for the club then that’s the problem. The people with all the negativity don’t have a clue.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 04, 2024, 02:29:10 pm by dickos1 »

Been some strange comments on here over the years but blaming the fans for a few chants for our demise is up there.

Incredible.

You have also exaggerated to make your point as per usual. It hasn’t been “every week” at all. There have been many weeks we’ve been crap this year and still backed Grant and the lads.

No not really,
The atmosphere at the back end of last season definitely contributed to our decline, Harrogate away for example, even when we’re 2-0 up the abuse towards Schofield was pathetic.
Chanting brammal is a C### is embarrassing.
Singing about being shit isn’t getting behind the team,
Not suggesting it’s many folk and it’s mainly young kids that have only supported us a few years

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 04, 2024, 02:47:51 pm by silent majority »
The toxic chanting is terrible and needs to stop, likewise so does the PR spin from those in the know fan wise, the shadow board included it's all very well for the VSC Official and Shadow Board posting out they knew about the sanctions imposed on the club whilst keeping the rest of the supporters in the dark. Not that this excuses any of the vile chants.

However we as a club need to stop the "them and us and those in the know" as it creates further detachment and resentment to the broader fan base.

We need to stop the "them and us" and the enemy within like ethos and get back to being a "we" just as Richard Wood and McGrath said... It's their club as well. The current squad will certainly be feeling the pressure, it's their careers and wages on the line not ours.

No, I'm not accepting that at all. There's no PR spin, and there's nothing in our remit that says that we have to repeat every conversation that we have with the club on this forum. I can't speak for the Shadow Board, you'll have to ask them, but how about the supporters club? No mention of them I see.

And you're not in the dark are you? The EFL issued a press release so how can you possibly have been kept in the dark.

Methinks you do protest too much!

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 04, 2024, 03:08:54 pm by StocksArmy »

Incredible.

No not really,
The atmosphere at the back end of last season definitely contributed to our decline, Harrogate away for example, even when we’re 2-0 up the abuse towards Schofield was pathetic.
Chanting brammal is a C### is embarrassing.
Singing about being shit isn’t getting behind the team,
Not suggesting it’s many folk and it’s mainly young kids that have only supported us a few years

When its personal I agree its a disgrace. But when its singing about being sh!t the staff of DRFC have to take it on the chin. You are not telling me you sit and encourage the team when we are playing horrific. If you do I would love to know where you sit during home games because it is always full of disgruntled fans followed by a lot of silence inbetween. The silence has the same affect as the moaning. So if the team give you nothing to cheer about, get ready for the jeering.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 04, 2024, 03:15:02 pm by mushRTID »

Incredible.

Agree it is a disgrace chanting stuff like that about an 80yo bloke who has done a lot for us with I am absolutely sure, the best intentions.

But just admit you’ve made the “every week” bit up.

It’s only started getting negative again very recently from what Iv heard in the middle of the south stand.

For the majority of this season the support has been there despite us been crap a lot of it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 03:23:04 pm by mushRTID »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 04, 2024, 03:38:19 pm by Draytonian III »
So what do you think would happen if he just pulled his investment?????
Hardly a vanity project what a stupid statement
If he pulled the plug, I doubt we'd notice a difference.
As far as it being a vanity project, it's exactly what it is for him, and he's just gaslighting people to think otherwise.

So your the expert on football money men who is going to buy Doncaster Rovers Football Club ?

So nearly 3 and half hours later you must be still doing your research unless you’re opening an account in yet another new name

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 04, 2024, 03:48:18 pm by Spilsby Red »
I agree. There were some drunken or high on drugs singing ‘we are crap etc’ at Peterborough. As said before I think it has only just recently started again as I go in the south stand. There are a few of us that argue what they say and do, but the youth of today( some of them, which we have a large amount) just argue back. Language is terrible. Offer to have fights.
They don’t understand what TB has done for the club.

I think it’s what has happened with the EFL and the tax etc has bothered people, me included.
I never boo or shout abuse at the players/board but it doesn’t excuse what was said yesterday.

My son has twitter or whatever it’s called now. He says the Netto idiots are being loud again.
Sorry but if you don’t like it go away. No one esp and 80 year old person deserves to be called a c**t.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 04, 2024, 03:53:04 pm by drfcsteve »
Imagine this going on at Anfield or St James Park? They’re proper fans that actually support their team and try and encourage them to be better. It’s unfortunate we seem to have a disproportionate number of idiots.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 04, 2024, 04:03:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Who's buying? Simple question.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 04, 2024, 04:54:52 pm by swain_drfc »

People don’t buy things that are not up for sale. Gillingham, Carlisle, two clubs that have had new owners recently because they were up for sale. You are not telling me that those two clubs are more attractive than us for someone who wishes to buy a football club. This “who is buying” comment is utter tosh. If we were publicly up for sale then there would be offers. 

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 04, 2024, 04:59:24 pm by vaya »

People don’t buy things that are not up for sale. Gillingham, Carlisle, two clubs that have had new owners recently because they were up for sale. You are not telling me that those two clubs are more attractive than us for someone who wishes to buy a football club. This “who is buying” comment is utter tosh. If we were publicly up for sale then there would be offers. 

When were Carlisle and Gillingham put up for sale?

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 04, 2024, 05:20:01 pm by ForsolongaRover »
The abusive chanting was certainly very audible from the seated side of the Rovers end which remained very subdued, probably incredulous of what they were witnessing on the pitch. I suppose that if you go to a match and chant repetitively to the beat of a drum in support of the team, and that was what was heard predominantly hardly without pause for most of the first half at least, you are showing a very vocal brand of loyalty which may seem naive to some of us. The reaction when what would be obvious to all Rovers fans that the team’s inferiority had been punished by a decent goal from Sutton, was as unsophisticated as the drum beat. It was interesting in a sense that it was Terry Bramall that they targeted - a small consolation for McCann!

I thought it was pretty sick and utterly misdirected - embarrassing really, but I don’t suppose it carried much significance for the home crowd.

At the end, the team came to the “Away” end and Ironside and Lo-Tutala received deserved plaudits whilst the rest stood at a distance and looked sheepish as did McCann. There was no booing, just relief!

Incidentally when Rovers were beating Liverpool in that early 1970s cup tie we did not imagine their fans booing them off at half time, they actually did!

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 04, 2024, 05:24:50 pm by Thorney »
Can someone who likes to use the phrase " support the team not the regime" explain what it actually means??

Because those ive seen on twitter who have posted it then follow it with comments on every signing how shit they think the signing is. How the hell is that supporting any other new players coming into the team when they have to read that the fans they have signed for think they are w**k before they have kicked a ball.

The chants of we are shit is not supporting the team.
The chants when we score to the opposing fans about they must be shit because weve scored against them are not supporting the team.

Any chants and protests against the hieracy should be done before and after the game, the 90 mins inbetween should be for getting behind the players who are wearing the shirt.

Because some fans are not shouting from the roof tops that bramall is a Kitson and he should sell does not mean they are happy with things or a sleep walking into the national.

On the flip side there is some who still bury their heads in the sand and think we are ok and find excuses to why we are where we are. Namely injuries. We have been shit out of luck with injuries, but lots of teams have injuries. Its how you deal with that which counts, but we seem to just want to use it as and excuse instead of standing up against it.  We put a team out yesterday against sutton bloody united and played for and luckily got a draw. We have been turned over twice by harrogate town and newport county in revent weeks.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 04, 2024, 05:28:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We have a very thick fan base. Only fans that go from we're f*g shit to we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

If you're gonna protest do it right. Do it consistently. Not only when the opposition score. Look at Man Utd fans again today. The loudest they got about the Glazers was 3v0 up.

The last few seasons I blame the board. Sadly this season the recruitment team have just thrown Bramall's money in the bin basically. 35 man squad for starters what a joke.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 04, 2024, 05:45:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Where do you put it up for sale? ToggerClubsWarehouse.com?

Or should we just put one of them posts up outside the entrance with a For Sale sign on it?

Ebay, mebbe? I've just searched for "Doncaster Rovers" on there and nowt came up, so yeah, Bramhall is lying to us.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 04, 2024, 05:55:24 pm by drfchound »
Admittedly, nothing on eBay to suggest the club is for sale but an eBay search on Doncaster Rovers………brought up loads of stuff:

doncaster rovers – Memorabilia Football Shirts
doncaster rovers – Football Shirts
doncaster rovers shirt
doncaster rovers football programmes
doncaster rovers pin badge
doncaster rovers programme
doncaster rovers signed
doncaster rovers scarf
doncaster rovers football shirt
doncaster rovers handbooks

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 04, 2024, 06:34:12 pm by Nudga »

Or should we just put one of them posts up outside the entrance with a For Sale sign on it?

Ebay, mebbe? I've just searched for "Doncaster Rovers" on there and nowt came up, so yeah, Bramhall is lying to us.

I don't want to get into one your arguments again but wouldn't it simply be an official statement of intent to sell on the club's website which then gets media attention?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 04, 2024, 06:41:59 pm by Draytonian III »
I believe the club is up for sale but the present owner won’t sell to anyone, the future owner would have to the best interests of the club at heart and not to be after making a quick profit. There’s plenty of examples in the last 30 years or so of people buying football clubs for all the wrong reasons, starting with the K** R********n.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 04, 2024, 06:43:53 pm by TonySoprano »

Bizarre post, are you really not aware how the club could advertise its up for sale ?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 04, 2024, 06:50:18 pm by Draytonian III »
Perhaps an advert could be placed in a national newspaper or something silly like that, oh yeah that’s been done before

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 04, 2024, 06:53:21 pm by Draytonian III »
How’s the research going in finding into a buyer for the club Mr Soprano, found any suitable candidates yet ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012