Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:29:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Toxic chanting?  (Read 5981 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Toxic chanting?
« on February 04, 2024, 09:04:36 am by adamtherover »
I haven't seen this mentioned, but to the folk who were chanting Terry brammal is a c*nt, would you be happy if he decides he's had enough and withdraws funding, with no one in place to take up the short fall? Be careful what you wish for.... I know he has to honour contracts, but he doesn't have to provide a transfer budget, we could be left with playing the u18s? And be where scunny are in 2 years?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bradford exile

• Forum Member
Re: Toxic chanting?
« Reply #1 on February 04, 2024, 09:21:15 am by bradford exile »
100% agree mate. Regards Ray

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 04, 2024, 09:23:03 am by roversdude »
Absolutely disgusting there are an element of our “fans” who just don’t grasp the concept of lower league football
They are the ones I’d like to see get out of our club

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 04, 2024, 09:24:12 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, this sort of chanting and the 'we are sh*t', sack the board etc during games, as soon as we go a goal down really get my goat. How in the hell is that going to help players turn things around?

Yes, I understand folk want to vent their frustrations, but not while the game is still 'on' and there's time to get back into it.

They're embarrassing themselves and dragging others down.

You see and hear other clubs fans chanting more positively throughout the 90 mins, even when losing to 'the likes of Donny'

Surely, 'Come on you reds'' or 'Get into em' or 'All we are saying, is give us a goal' is better than that self defeating tripe!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 04, 2024, 09:29:54 am by Filo »
The recent EFL sanction appears to have emboldened these people and their goons

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 04, 2024, 09:30:52 am by StocksArmy »
Its because a lot of our so called supporters see Doncaster Rovers matches secondary to a p!ss up and an opportunity to act like a Cbomb themselves. Just wish they would choose to sit in a public house and do it and not ruin the weekend for propper supporters.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 10:22:22 am by StocksArmy »

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 04, 2024, 09:31:04 am by RoversInSpain »
That’s bad, very bad chanting. Horrible
I would urge we don’t go down that route, it does no one any good whatsoever.
Terry is making changes that most supporters wanted, getting McCann back, getting shot of Blunt, doing a lot of early business in the transfer window, built up squad size.
Paying a £500,000 injury cost.

It was an excellent turnout yesterday considering performances, so hats off to those that did go, I don’t know who or how many were chanting that, perhaps anyone that went can tell us more or just how vocal it was, as nothing came across that loud on IFollow baring one chant of ‘get out of our club’

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 04, 2024, 09:38:16 am by StocksArmy »
Could anybody ITK explain what was said between supporters and Richard Wood at the end?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 04, 2024, 09:42:23 am by Chris Black come back »
They clearly hadn’t thought any of it through, as there is currently nobody willing to “get Terry Bramall out of our club”.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 04, 2024, 09:50:56 am by drfchound »
These people who sing derogatory stuff are a minority but unfortunately they are the loudest people too.
Chants and songs like that are prevalent in the south stand on a regular basis.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 04, 2024, 09:51:14 am by normal rules »
Disrespect of the highest order.
TB takes nothing from the club and gives a lot.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 04, 2024, 09:55:34 am by idler »
I didn’t hear the Bramhall chants but was fairly near the lad who was turned to the fans shouting and chanting about us being sh*** and losing every week. An older guy lost it and asked the stewards to get him out and told him to F off and support another club. I tried to calm him down, he told me to F off before apologising and saying he only wants what is best for the club and we are all Rovers aren’t we?
The stewards took the younger lad away but somebody said that he came back. I don’t think Eastmond helped when he celebrated his goal right in front of us despite not really getting any stick from the crowd. I did tell a steward that his celebration certainly wound the fans up near him.
I was right in the middle of the goal near the front so didn’t see what caused the scuffle at the front on my right that the stewards rushed to.
I found all of their stewards decent and friendly before, during and after the game. Sadly I can’t say the same for a small minority of our fans.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 04, 2024, 09:58:47 am by adamtherover »
It was.going on just to the right of the goal, by a decent section as well..   and this sack the board rubbish ? How brain dead is that..  are they going to sack themselves ffs ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 04, 2024, 09:58:59 am by Chris Black come back »
Yes, their stewards were a decent bunch of lads.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 04, 2024, 10:03:39 am by GazLaz »
It’s not good to hear chants like this is it. TB is a decent man who wants the best for the club. It’s not as if he’s a faceless foreigner who is asset stripping. He was part of a successful era which came about due to, in most part, excessive spending. The current custodians of the club have recently proved they can’t put a structure in place which allows us to compete without this excess spending.

The oversight wasn't cutting our cloth to be more sustainable but not putting a plan together of how we could get more value for ever £ spent and be more prurient with the budget. We made blind, unmanaged cuts, and in any industry that never ends well.

The issue now is that things we could put in place to improve decision making (that cost money admittedly) that may have been possible and affordable in L1 are probably less likely to happen in our state now. The climb back up will be a lot harder than the drop down. Thats mismanagement in my book.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 04, 2024, 10:30:08 am by Chris Black come back »
It’s hard to explain to most of his critics but the investment the club needs to make is in governance and management, as much as players. For every pound we spend on professional hires internally, that’s a pound less to invest in a squad that needs investment. And also whether McCann wants to operate in a new structure. Maybe a half-way house is all we can hope for now.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 04, 2024, 10:37:56 am by adamtherover »
Could anybody ITK explain what was said between supporters and Richard Wood at the end?
I lip read him say they were trying their best...

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 04, 2024, 11:01:31 am by TonySoprano »
No issue with it, amazed that people are surprised by it.
The current regime are hardly doing well for the club ar they?

We're on the brink of non league, and we've had transfer embargoes, and winding up petitions to boot.

Its time TB put the club up for sale, and stop using it as a vanity project

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 04, 2024, 11:08:37 am by roversdude »
So what do you think would happen if he just pulled his investment?????
Hardly a vanity project what a stupid statement

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 04, 2024, 11:10:44 am by TonySoprano »
If he pulled the plug, I doubt we'd notice a difference.
As far as it being a vanity project, it's exactly what it is for him, and he's just gaslighting people to think otherwise.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 04, 2024, 11:17:30 am by roversdude »
Whatever

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 04, 2024, 11:47:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
James Gandolfini's been dead ten years and there's still more neurones firing in his brain that in TS here.

"Wouldn't notice the difference" if TB walked away. f**k me pink.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 04, 2024, 12:09:11 pm by dickos1 »

We're on the brink of non league, and we've had transfer embargoes, and winding up petitions to boot.

You have said some things in your time but you have just embarrassed yourself beyond recognition with this post.
You’re as thick as they come
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 12:14:28 pm by dickos1 »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 04, 2024, 12:12:37 pm by Draytonian III »
If he pulled the plug, I doubt we'd notice a difference.
As far as it being a vanity project, it's exactly what it is for him, and he's just gaslighting people to think otherwise.

So your the expert on football money men who is going to buy Doncaster Rovers Football Club ?

Christherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 04, 2024, 12:45:14 pm by Christherover »

TonySoprano please enlighten us all, when exactly was a transfer embargo in place? Or is it yet another occasion when you’ve just not bothered reading what actually happened?

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 04, 2024, 12:52:43 pm by swain_drfc »
This is why the club is moving swiftly towards non league. We have a large contingent of fans who are happy to just accept how far this club has fallen in 4 seasons. No club in the football league has seen such a demise and our fans get upset with a few chants of TB to sell the club! There should be more of it! Sing up loud and proud lads.

Btw, no comments about how loud the fans were yesterday from the 1st minute! The fans couldn’t do much more yesterday in terms of vocal support and we get served up that crap. It was a bottom half national league game yesterday between 2 very very poor teams. Somehow we looked worse.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 04, 2024, 12:52:56 pm by redwine »
Vanity project?

That comment must rank as the single most stupid comment I've read on here and over the years there have been some zingers.

But of course it's only an opinion, eh!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 04, 2024, 01:02:30 pm by dickos1 »
This is why the club is moving swiftly towards non league. We have a large contingent of fans who are happy to just accept how far this club has fallen in 4 seasons. No club in the football league has seen such a demise and our fans get upset with a few chants of TB to sell the club! There should be more of it! Sing up loud and proud lads.

Btw, no comments about how loud the fans were yesterday from the 1st minute! The fans couldn’t do much more yesterday in terms of vocal support and we get served up that crap. It was a bottom half national league game yesterday between 2 very very poor teams. Somehow we looked worse.

On the contrary I’d say the idiots chanting nonsense every week are the ones contributing to the demise of the club.
First it was butler then Baldwin, then it was Schofield, now it’s brammal.
We’ve got a load of idiots that travel to watch this club that have no idea about the club, about what brammal has done for the club, they’re just sheep following the other idiots

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 04, 2024, 01:09:21 pm by StocksArmy »
Im all for people voicing their opinions. You pay the ticket fees so chant him out all you want. Personally think its pure stupidity to chant it but, each to their own. What I can't stand is people chanting that he is a cnut. Its disgusting and should result in being thrown out the ground.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 04, 2024, 01:11:02 pm by bpoolrover »
While i dont agree with calling tb a c..t, im not sure what people expect, the younger fans probably started watching us since gaining promotions from the conference to flirting with the playoffs in the championship, roll on a few years and they are now watching worse football than when they first satrted, next season does not look particularly rosy as the players we have at the minute simply are not good enough, is tb going to
Fund yet another clear out? Its all very well saying get behind the team but when your spending your hatd earned money to watch absolute rubbish its not that easy

TinyPortal © 2005-2012