Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:25:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Toxic chanting?  (Read 6047 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Toxic chanting?
« Reply #90 on February 05, 2024, 01:23:57 pm by drfchound »
JW, I hear what you say about kids doing silly things but it isn’t just the kids is it?
Next time you hear stuff like that, and it happens regularly in the south stand, just take a good look at who is doing it.
There are plenty of grown men (and even saw two women doing it at the last home game) making the noises.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on February 05, 2024, 03:37:10 pm by ravenrover »
At Notts County it was a very broad mixture of age groups shouting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" directly at the players as they came to applaud the fans.
And did anyone else notice Grants glare to the South stand after the 1st Stockport goal when the effin sh!t chant broke out?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 05, 2024, 04:10:20 pm by Upton Rover »
Don’t agree with the content of the so called chants, but I do believe that all paying supporters have a right to an opinion, either negatively or positively

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on February 05, 2024, 04:59:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Terry said: Our playing budget has been above halfway in the league.

He also mentioned that over half a million in the past year has been spent on injured players which is crazy if you think about it.

In my opinion amongst all the drama and poor performances the injuries have been horrendous at the club, which has certainly been a huge factor in our recent downfall

You're right, CR, that injuries are a mitigation, but they're not an excuse for failure, because all clubs have them, and the word "horrendous" has been used by many managers to describe them.

Our demise over the last 3 years has been caused by underfunding, poor management, and poor recruitment.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 05, 2024, 05:09:55 pm by Dabbermoo »
Why do the same morons come to every home game just to shout their poison?? If they have no confidence in GM or the team then simply stay away, the worrying thing is the so called adults doing this are only encouraging the next younger generation of fans to spread poison when not happy with a display. The women just screech and then their squeaky kid joins in, ive even moved seats due to the massive urge to throat punch this retarded family group who seem to live for the weekend of being morons. Simply stay away, don't waste your money or get on everyone else with a degree of self controls tits with your noise.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on February 05, 2024, 05:36:47 pm by Michael Shaw »
If I got abused doing my job at work I wouldn't give a sh1t either. So what do we expect from a team of abused players? 

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on February 05, 2024, 05:57:58 pm by JonWallsend »
Don’t agree with the content of the so called chants, but I do believe that all paying supporters have a right to an opinion, either negatively or positively

To a certain extent I agree but my question  would be why  choose to boo and derude the players and club that you have obviously been bothered about enough to pay to watch them in the first place. What do you hope to achieve?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 05, 2024, 06:24:53 pm by danumdon »
Frustration manifests itself in many guises from different people. Some rant and rave, some scream abuse, and some are just plain nasty, but that's enough of the Off Topic section for now.

Like others have said, some of the rank abuse coming from people who are old enough to know better is not just shocking but plain embarrassing. They are in effect emboldening really young supporters to really scream obscenities at players and the management alike, which is not really exceptable. We all get pissed off with the clubs performances, its at this stage that the team really needs some help and encouragement from the fans, its something that in recent times we are simply unable to do.

When you look at the support of teams like Liverpoorl and Newcastle,i've even seen it done at Barnsley and Rotherham, they slip into another gear when they are performing badly and act as the twelfth man. When did we last get behind the team and actively give support? if they can do it then there's no reason why we can't.

Do the team need to perform to get the fanbase going or should the fanbase get behind the team and give encouragement, when you look at it both are guilty of poor performance, all needs to change if we want to succeed.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on February 05, 2024, 06:53:38 pm by scawsby steve »
Frustration manifests itself in many guises from different people. Some rant and rave, some scream abuse, and some are just plain nasty, but that's enough of the Off Topic section for now.

Like others have said, some of the rank abuse coming from people who are old enough to know better is not just shocking but plain embarrassing. They are in effect emboldening really young supporters to really scream obscenities at players and the management alike, which is not really exceptable. We all get pissed off with the clubs performances, its at this stage that the team really needs some help and encouragement from the fans, its something that in recent times we are simply unable to do.

When you look at the support of teams like Liverpoorl and Newcastle,i've even seen it done at Barnsley and Rotherham, they slip into another gear when they are performing badly and act as the twelfth man. When did we last get behind the team and actively give support? if they can do it then there's no reason why we can't.

Do the team need to perform to get the fanbase going or should the fanbase get behind the team and give encouragement, when you look at it both are guilty of poor performance, all needs to change if we want to succeed.

There's one thing you're forgetting in that last paragraph, DD. The team are getting paid to perform, whereas the fans are forking out their own money to watch them perform.

There's more mitigation for fans being negative, than for the team underperforming IMO.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on February 05, 2024, 07:55:35 pm by danumdon »
I don't deny your point Steve and a paying punter is entitled to their opinion but its becoming obvious that both are in a downward spiral. The team is struggling and are finding any positives lacking and difficult to come by. What do we imagine they feel when the crowd are baying for their blood? . Some positivity, however hard to come by is required from both.

The current toxic atmosphere will not produce what we as supporters want, in fact the exact opposite. A great many of the current perpetrators will struggle to remember pre 2000 and what it was like to be a Rovers supporter, its now their turn!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on February 05, 2024, 08:08:04 pm by idler »
I remember the Dover game where we eventually won 5-4.
I can’t imagine us turning that round without the backing of the crowd. I know some were moaning at three nil down but it was nowhere near as caustic as it is now.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on February 05, 2024, 09:09:23 pm by bpoolrover »
I don't deny your point Steve and a paying punter is entitled to their opinion but its becoming obvious that both are in a downward spiral. The team is struggling and are finding any positives lacking and difficult to come by. What do we imagine they feel when the crowd are baying for their blood? . Some positivity, however hard to come by is required from both.

The current toxic atmosphere will not produce what we as supporters want, in fact the exact opposite. A great many of the current perpetrators will struggle to remember pre 2000 and what it was like to be a Rovers supporter, its now their turn!
the issue is they shouldnt have to,if the club had been run better for the last few years

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on February 05, 2024, 10:15:33 pm by PDX_Rover »
No issue with it, amazed that people are surprised by it.
The current regime are hardly doing well for the club ar they?

We're on the brink of non league, and we've had transfer embargoes, and winding up petitions to boot.

Its time TB put the club up for sale, and stop using it as a vanity project

Piss off back to Noo Joysey

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on February 05, 2024, 11:10:55 pm by hamiltonrover »
I watched on iFolllow yesterday. The chant "Bramall's a Kitson, get out of our club" was embarrassingly clear to hear.

Pretty crazy that I was stood bang in the middle of the away end and didn’t hear it, but people presumably 200 miles away watching on a dodgy link could hear it as clear as day, very strange indeed.

Or maybe those singing it were close to a microphone? Ifollow itself is hardly a dodgy link, even if those watching from the UK will be using one.

Or maybe it just wasn’t sung? I find it hard to believe that words that wouldn’t even fit into a song were going on all around me and I didn’t hear them but someone watching on tv did? The media cameras at Sutton were above one side of the home fans, the media commentary team were sat over across the other side above a different side of home fans, but the microphone was close to the away fans? No chance on earth those stars have all aligned.
it was loud as anything and repeated often,  I was just to the right of the goal... Do you think I'd make this shit up ffs

Yes on this occasion I think you are making it up. I refuse to believe this was ‘loud as anything’ and ‘repeated often’ a couple of meters away from me and I’ve completely missed it. If you don’t like the criticism of the board then that’s fine to not like it, but describing it as something that it wasn’t isn’t going to help anybody.

I was in the seats at the very end (furthest away from the standing terrace) and I could hear the TB,get out of our club chant.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on February 06, 2024, 11:39:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Went back and watched the iFollow video last night. Hand up, in a quick skim I couldn't find anyone  "Bramall's a Kitson". Apologies, I thought I'd heard in at the time.

Lots and lots of unmistakable repeats of "Terry Bramall, get out of our club."

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on February 06, 2024, 12:18:18 pm by graingrover »
It is a question that goes much deeper ..there is a fringe of society that  is nasty , and sees football as a platform to express their ignorant prejudices and thoughtless opinions .Add to that a few beers and then you have three ingredients for such chants .The same people would NEVER attend a meet the owners session .They are even more vile on social media where the can group together , untouchable , uncontrollable 
and best ignored ,

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 06, 2024, 05:19:30 pm by Upton Rover »

To a certain extent I agree but my question  would be why  choose to boo and derude the players and club that you have obviously been bothered about enough to pay to watch them in the first place. What do you hope to achieve?
There won’t be any English professional club we’re at some time(s) in their club’s history when the fans became unhappy with many things at the club, and rebel against the club or players or staff. It will never stop and in many cases it results in alterations to either the club or staff, mostly for the better. There are correct and wrong ways for fans to show their displeasure with what’s happening at their beloved club, and it won’t suit all fans.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on February 07, 2024, 06:31:29 am by swain_drfc »
I watched on iFolllow yesterday. The chant "Bramall's a Kitson, get out of our club" was embarrassingly clear to hear.

Pretty crazy that I was stood bang in the middle of the away end and didn’t hear it, but people presumably 200 miles away watching on a dodgy link could hear it as clear as day, very strange indeed.

Or maybe those singing it were close to a microphone? Ifollow itself is hardly a dodgy link, even if those watching from the UK will be using one.

Or maybe it just wasn’t sung? I find it hard to believe that words that wouldn’t even fit into a song were going on all around me and I didn’t hear them but someone watching on tv did? The media cameras at Sutton were above one side of the home fans, the media commentary team were sat over across the other side above a different side of home fans, but the microphone was close to the away fans? No chance on earth those stars have all aligned.
it was loud as anything and repeated often,  I was just to the right of the goal... Do you think I'd make this shit up ffs
I was also to the right of the goal and heard nothing about him being a c***. I heard chants of him getting out of our club and shopping at netto but none of what you describe.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on February 07, 2024, 06:34:04 am by swain_drfc »
Why do the same morons come to every home game just to shout their poison?? If they have no confidence in GM or the team then simply stay away, the worrying thing is the so called adults doing this are only encouraging the next younger generation of fans to spread poison when not happy with a display. The women just screech and then their squeaky kid joins in, ive even moved seats due to the massive urge to throat punch this retarded family group who seem to live for the weekend of being morons. Simply stay away, don't waste your money or get on everyone else with a degree of self controls tits with your noise.

I have confidence in GM. I have no confidence in any manager to work under Mr Brammel’s  penny pinching regime and therefore have been staying away from home games.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on February 07, 2024, 06:36:11 am by swain_drfc »

Yes on this occasion I think you are making it up. I refuse to believe this was ‘loud as anything’ and ‘repeated often’ a couple of meters away from me and I’ve completely missed it. If you don’t like the criticism of the board then that’s fine to not like it, but describing it as something that it wasn’t isn’t going to help anybody.

I was in the seats at the very end (furthest away from the standing terrace) and I could hear the TB,get out of our club chant.
He isn’t denying that got chanted. Calling him a Kitson didn’t happen.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on February 07, 2024, 07:05:09 am by adamtherover »

so ill ask the same question, what is my motivation to making this up?  where am i benefitting from suggesting a section of our fans are neanderthals?.  Lets ignore the fact that 5 other posters have confirmed they heard these chants, and some where on ifollow the sutton commentators said our chairman was being talked about in colourful language?. But because you didnt hear it, it obviously didnt happen!! So thanks for calling me a liar. Go f*ck yersen!!!!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on February 07, 2024, 09:17:49 am by Draytonian III »

I have confidence in GM. I have no confidence in any manager to work under Mr Brammel’s  penny pinching regime and therefore have been staying away from home games.

“Staying away from home games “ and you know this how ?

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on February 07, 2024, 09:38:18 am by Scooter »

Unfortunately 100% did happen. Not sure why people are disputing the accounts of people that were there and have confirmed that it was chanted
Adam is right

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on February 07, 2024, 10:37:01 am by Chris Black come back »

I was also to the right of the goal and heard nothing about him being a c***. I heard chants of him getting out of our club and shopping at netto but none of what you describe.

This is correct. Lots of the latter but nothing of the former.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on February 07, 2024, 11:13:24 am by adamtherover »

This is correct. Lots of the latter but nothing of the former.
this is getting pathetic!,    when you say it didnt happen,   what you mean is you didnt hear it, doesnt mean it didnt happen!!!!  Read one bloody post above yours, another lad confirms it happened!!!, Are we all making it up???? for what reason???

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on February 07, 2024, 12:04:30 pm by Scooter »
Hey Adam - careful assuming my gender  :laugh: Although my pronouns are ‘Patriot’ and ‘Ass-kicker’

I’m only responding to this to distract myself from my real job.

It was chanted. I can’t swear on the Bible to say by how many, for how long, and to what decibel. I suspect that people in the seats may not have heard it

I know that lots of fans are upset at the moment, and it seems that this has amplified every little nuance into an online argument

If we get relegated, we boo and we protest and we vent online, but then life goes on

The world is burning. It would help if we were all a bit nicer to one another. We all know that if we removed the internet and met in person most people would go :
‘Alright mate?’
‘Yes mate. Are you?’

Getting all wound up will only serve to increase people’s blood pressure and impact their cardiovascular health. Turn your devices off and go and spend quality time with your loved ones because you never know what is around the corner

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on February 07, 2024, 05:49:55 pm by swain_drfc »

so ill ask the same question, what is my motivation to making this up?  where am i benefitting from suggesting a section of our fans are neanderthals?.  Lets ignore the fact that 5 other posters have confirmed they heard these chants, and some where on ifollow the sutton commentators said our chairman was being talked about in colourful language?. But because you didnt hear it, it obviously didnt happen!! So thanks for calling me a liar. Go f*ck yersen!!!!

Strange one you are! Very very angry individual. Doesn’t make you big or hard telling someone to go f**k themselves over the internet. Happy to meet you at Salford away though if you want to say it to my face?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on February 07, 2024, 06:04:02 pm by adamtherover »

Strange one you are! Very very angry individual. Doesn’t make you big or hard telling someone to go f**k themselves over the internet. Happy to meet you at Salford away though if you want to say it to my face?
don't call folk liars, and who's getting all big and hard now..   pathetic!!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on February 07, 2024, 06:11:07 pm by vaya »

Will you be taking your Lightsaber?

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 07, 2024, 06:14:15 pm by swain_drfc »

don't call folk liars, and who's getting all big and hard now..   pathetic!!

You are quite right fella, you are pathetic. There are plenty on here that are claiming that it did not happen as well as your crew that are saying it did. There is only one that is getting very very upset about it though and that is you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012