Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:44:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adelakun  (Read 13994 times)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
Adelakun
« on February 13, 2024, 10:58:21 pm by Butchers Red »
What a performance from the lad - he is a genuine threat every time he gets on the ball, uses it well, prepared to take defenders on whilst not running down blind alleys and clearly can finish - very unlucky with the pitch causing that heavy touch when in on goal. A genuine game changer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

In the box

• Forum Member
Re: Adelakun
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2024, 11:07:44 pm by In the box »
What a performance from the lad - he is a genuine threat every time he gets on the ball, uses it well, prepared to take defenders on whilst not running down blind alleys and clearly can finish - very unlucky with the pitch causing that heavy touch when in on goal. A genuine game changer.
He is just what we’ve been looking for . Somebody who will fight for every ball !!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2024, 11:08:37 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
A bit of size, pace, trickery and goal threat.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 13, 2024, 11:10:38 pm by idler »
He curled one just past the post at 2-1 as well. I was right behind the goal and thought it was going in at first.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 13, 2024, 11:14:31 pm by ncRover »
An upgrade on Faal! Who still hasn’t scored for Walsall

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2024, 11:17:30 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Faal is a good player as well. If he hadn’t gone I don’t think we would have Adelakun. Always liked him as a player, good quality when on his game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 13, 2024, 11:40:14 pm by drfchound »

Just a shame he couldn’t have stretched out and squared the ball left to Craig who would have a simple tap in.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2024, 07:44:17 am by GazLaz »
He took the goal really well didn’t he. I was speaking to someone the other day about him and they said he needs a bit of “managing”. Not necessarily in a bad way but to keep him focussed etc. Grant having worked with him before must help regarding this.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2024, 07:57:37 am by Filo »
Should have buried the one on one and the other chance

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2024, 08:17:22 am by mushRTID »
He took the goal really well didn’t he. I was speaking to someone the other day about him and they said he needs a bit of “managing”. Not necessarily in a bad way but to keep him focussed etc. Grant having worked with him before must help regarding this.

It just felt like the kind of goal we rarely score. It was quality all round, the pass, the touch and the finish.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2024, 08:48:02 am by ncRover »
Even though he missed those 2 chances he made them both on his own pretty much.

He’s a breath of fresh air and exactly what we needed.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2024, 09:37:45 am by GazLaz »

It just felt like the kind of goal we rarely score. It was quality all round, the pass, the touch and the finish.

I agree, the first thing I thought when we scored was that it was a “clean” goal. Nice pass, nice finish. Not a set piece, scramble, horror defending or anything like that.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2024, 09:54:39 am by Colin C No.3 »

I agree, the first thing I thought when we scored was that it was a “clean” goal. Nice pass, nice finish. Not a set piece, scramble, horror defending or anything like that.

He took the goal superbly well given the conditions & state of the pitch too.

I was talking to my postman the other day & he said his xg’s weren’t that great but felt that perhaps that was down to lack of confidence & belief in his abilities having been chopped & changed at the clubs he’s been at. We both agreed that Grant was obviously someone who knew & trusted him well enough (having brought him to Hull when there) & Adelakun would respond to that trust. He certainly has so far & I’d like us to be able to give him a contract come the end of the season as I don’t think (maybe Hurst ‘on his day’) we have a player currently on the books who can offer that turn of pace & ability to score those types of goal.

My postie also said that Joe’s goal against Tranmere was also a ‘nice clean goal’, with the delivery from Haks being nigh on perfect & let’s face it, he should know all about deliveries no pun intended!

(It was actually).

« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:04:39 am by Colin C No.3 »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2024, 10:09:32 am by drfchound »

He took the goal superbly well given the conditions & state of the pitch too.

I was talking to my postman the other day & he said his xg’s weren’t that great but felt that perhaps that was down to lack of confidence & belief in his abilities having been chopped & changed at the clubs he’s been at. We both agreed that Grant was obviously someone who knew & trusted him well enough (having brought him to Hull when there) & Adelakun would respond to that trust. He certainly has so far & I’d like us to be able to give him a contract come the end of the season as I don’t think (maybe Hurst ‘on his day’) we have a player currently on the books who can offer that turn of pace & ability to score those types of goal.

My postie also said that Joe’s goal against Tranmere was also a ‘nice clean goal’, with the delivery from Haks being nigh on perfect & let’s face it, he should know all about deliveries no pun intended!

(It was actually).

So we now know what Copps is doing.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2024, 10:39:57 am by ForsolongaRover »

We haven't seen goals like that since we had John-Jules and Richards and having an eye for a break through the defence where he takes on the goalkeeper (and scored against Tranmere) is something that hasn't been there for quite a long time either. Instead of just having to worry about Ironside he certainly presents a second serious threat for opposition defences.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 14, 2024, 11:12:20 am by TonySoprano »
When's his contract up at Lincoln?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2024, 11:18:07 am by selby »
  The main difference is the ball is coming out of the midfield going forward instead of mostly sideways and and being turned back to the full backs, we are more direct, it gives players with pace a chance, for ages they have had no chance and have been given the ball facing their own goal or nothing balls with a defender on them.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 14, 2024, 11:34:50 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
When's his contract up at Lincoln?

This summer.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 14, 2024, 11:36:56 am by ravenrover »
Out of contract this summer I believe but I am told he's on big money at Lincoln £5k!
My info comes from my young friend at Lincoln Uni who reports for the Uni paper, proper press pass, interviews etc.
Mindst you they only found out about his long throw this season by accident in training when he launched one and the manager didn't know he could do it.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 14, 2024, 02:24:55 pm by adamtherover »
With regards to the long throw, he did a huge one at Sutton, a slightly less successful one on Saturday, and thats it, surely he would take everyone as if it's done well, it's an absolute weapon?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 14, 2024, 05:28:08 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I don’t much care for our throw ins either side, lately by Senior & Sterry.

Senior takes an age, mind you it doesn’t help with the lack of movement of players to receive the ball, & Sterry’s throws more often than not go backwards thus negating any chance of attacking momentum.

Don’t we practice throws as part of our ‘dead ball’ situations in training?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 14, 2024, 09:26:31 pm by dickos1 »

I felt exactly the same. It was like watching another team score the goal.
I don’t think I’d realised previously that we don’t seem to score goals like that at all

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 14, 2024, 10:04:58 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I don’t much care for our throw ins either side, lately by Senior & Sterry.

Senior takes an age, mind you it doesn’t help with the lack of movement of players to receive the ball, & Sterry’s throws more often than not go backwards thus negating any chance of attacking momentum.

Don’t we practice throws as part of our ‘dead ball’ situations in training?

We’ve been poor at throw ins since cops stopped playing. No one we can consistently throw to under pressure and trust to keep it.

My theory for why we take so long is your own throw in is often one of the most vulnerable times for a team with possession getting turned over. So we slow it down to be safe.

Prefer we went for it personally and took the view we’d score more from quick action than we’d concede.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 17, 2024, 05:51:08 pm by normal rules »
Let’s hope Lincoln don’t want him
Back . A summer signing for rovers for sure . He could do a job for us next season in this league.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 17, 2024, 05:59:46 pm by drfcsteve »
He’s clearly playing for a contract, let’s just hope if he gets one he still plays with the same hunger.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 17, 2024, 06:07:59 pm by belton rover »
I was saying to my boy during the game: how is he on loan to us from Lincoln?

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 17, 2024, 06:15:27 pm by In the box »
What a performance from the lad - he is a genuine threat every time he gets on the ball, uses it well, prepared to take defenders on whilst not running down blind alleys and clearly can finish - very unlucky with the pitch causing that heavy touch when in on goal. A genuine game changer.Man of the Match today , how come we’ve got this brilliant player , he should be playing in the Championship !!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 17, 2024, 06:28:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He seems to be that missing ingredient. The one with a bit more skill and vision that raises the performance level. Often Copps would be the touch of class but we've also seen the likes of McIndoe, Wellens, JJ Price etc, who add the cream on top separating us from being distinctly average.

As said on the other threads he, TLT, Wood, Anderson and Craig have all stepped up to the plate in recent games contributing to our change in fortunes.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 17, 2024, 06:31:24 pm by jmt23 »
Simple - the difference in quality levels of the leagues. League two is appalling, and we have performed so far, as bad as any team could do, but there are green shoots.

Adelukan is used to playing a higher level - and it shows, a lot of our squad are either used to playing at this level, or below… I do believe most of the signings will eventually show their talent though, they just need confidence.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 17, 2024, 06:41:47 pm by Canadian Rover »
It looks like Adelukan is enjoying playing. Get the lad a contract offered ASAP. He reminds me of Wilkes when he could be bothered! Pace, power and creative!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012