Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:03:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adelakun  (Read 13990 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Adelakun
« Reply #60 on February 19, 2024, 06:12:32 pm by adamtherover »
He’s been gradually, very impressive. He’s also played against 4 sides that are not very good.
tranmere? Who just walloped Stockport..    Salford who just put 5 past play off chasing barrow?  Hardly out of form poor sides...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 19, 2024, 06:24:51 pm by ncRover »
He’s been gradually, very impressive. He’s also played against 4 sides that are not very good.

Salford are 2nd in the form table.

Tranmere tonked Stockport 4-0.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 20, 2024, 06:59:16 am by dickos1 »

Never fail to disappoint

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 20, 2024, 08:46:05 am by Campsall rover »
CBcb
How can you say Tranmere and Salford are not very good.
League position is irrelevant.
Look at current form

Wimbledon are 8th in the table but their current form is not as good as Tranmere, Salford & Us.

You do put a very negative spin in so many of your posts.
Think there is a lot to be positive about right now.
Defensively which is something you have constantly highlighted we are very much improved.
That is down to Wood and Lo Tutola.  If we had these 2 all season we would be top 7 right now. 100% I believe that.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 22, 2024, 06:00:55 am by Avsuptem »
CBcb
How can you say Tranmere and Salford are not very good.
League position is irrelevant.
Look at current form

Wimbledon are 8th in the table but their current form is not as good as Tranmere, Salford & Us.

You do put a very negative spin in so many of your posts.
Think there is a lot to be positive about right now.
Defensively which is something you have constantly highlighted we are very much improved.
That is down to Wood and Lo Tutola.  If we had these 2 all season we would be top 7 right now. 100% I believe that.

And if we had had Adelekun, Craig and McGrath all season we would be even higher imho. it all goes to show that the poor run was largely down to injuries and that the optimism we all felt at the beginning of the season is only now being justified. We are heading in the right direction at long last.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 22, 2024, 02:34:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
And if we had had Adelekun, Craig and McGrath all season we would be even higher imho

I think you need to add TLT to that list!

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 22, 2024, 03:58:29 pm by jmt23 »
I think people are going overboard slightly with the keepers, both Lawlor & Jones did ok, yes they made a few mistakes, but overall ok. Now I am not diminishing TLT’s efforts, but he made a similar “mistake” with the Salford free kick to Jones, he has also benefitted from the new defensive partnership.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 22, 2024, 07:42:04 pm by Campsall rover »
I think people are going overboard slightly with the keepers, both Lawlor & Jones did ok, yes they made a few mistakes, but overall ok. Now I am not diminishing TLT’s efforts, but he made a similar “mistake” with the Salford free kick to Jones, he has also benefitted from the new defensive partnership.
I don’t think you can underestimate how much difference Lo Tutala has made to the team.
Yes he has had Wood playing in front of him and he has also made a significant difference but this keeper is vastly superior to Jones and Lawlor.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 22, 2024, 07:51:33 pm by ncRover »
I don’t think you can underestimate how much difference Lo Tutala has made to the team.
Yes he has had Wood playing in front of him and he has also made a significant difference but this keeper is vastly superior to Jones and Lawlor.

I can agree with you on this ‘keeper Camps.

His decisiveness, strength and confidence take a big weight off the defender’s shoulders.

That split second hesitation of thinking “what’s the keeper doing?” can do a lot of damage.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 23, 2024, 04:41:08 pm by Avsuptem »
And if we had had Adelekun, Craig and McGrath all season we would be even higher imho

I think you need to add TLT to that list!

He was already on it in Campsall's post

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 24, 2024, 05:41:09 pm by Filo »
We need to offer this lad a contract asap, before others sneak in

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 24, 2024, 05:50:30 pm by normal rules »
We need to offer this lad a contract asap, before others sneak in

Mcann made ref to him in his recent interview. I’m confident GM and co will be all over this possibility. Why wouldn’t he. The best rovers loan signing for some time.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 24, 2024, 06:12:31 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Any news on his injury he came off with?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 24, 2024, 06:31:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
Dead leg. McCann said after game:

"Haks has just got a dead leg and these things take two or three days to settle down so I'm sure he'll be fine for next week.”
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 07:36:12 pm by Chris Black come back »

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 24, 2024, 06:35:22 pm by andysly »
For Adelakun & Craig read Wilkes & Kane. Shame they’re only here for 3 months not the full 8/9

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 24, 2024, 06:40:08 pm by Spilsby Red »
I said to my lad after the Grimsby game that herindsme of Wilkes.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 24, 2024, 06:44:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Adelakun is realistic to sign. This will lreally show the boards ambition if he goes to another league 2 club. Fair enough league 1.

Craig zero chance of signing him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 24, 2024, 07:08:37 pm by IDM »
Adelakun is realistic to sign. This will lreally show the boards ambition if he goes to another league 2 club. Fair enough league 1.

Craig zero chance of signing him.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  If he signs elsewhere in league 2 it won’t necessarily be down to lack of ambition from us - if his agent/advisers think he’s better off elsewhere.

Our ambition is to try to sign players of his ability, but being realistic we won’t get them all..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on April 14, 2024, 10:09:28 pm by dickos1 »
He took the goal really well didn’t he. I was speaking to someone the other day about him and they said he needs a bit of “managing”. Not necessarily in a bad way but to keep him focussed etc. Grant having worked with him before must help regarding this.

It just felt like the kind of goal we rarely score. It was quality all round, the pass, the touch and the finish.

I agree, the first thing I thought when we scored was that it was a “clean” goal. Nice pass, nice finish. Not a set piece, scramble, horror defending or anything like that.

I felt exactly the same. It was like watching another team score the goal.
I don’t think I’d realised previously that we don’t seem to score goals like that at all

Reading this back, at how we were surprised at scoring such a good goal as that one.
Ever since that game we’ve scored goals like that week in week out.
Remarkable turnaround

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 15, 2024, 07:23:12 am by philsky »

16 games, 8 goals, 6 assists.

In addition he creates havoc, draws double marking and frees space for others.

What a signing.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 15, 2024, 07:35:12 am by Alan Southstand »
Just been reading a Lincoln supporter’s tweet this morning saying they should be making Haks a renewed offer of a contract, given how he’s playing for us.

There’s the irony though, he’s playing like he is because he’s with us and playing for a manager who understands him!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 15, 2024, 08:55:04 am by Colin C No.3 »
Haks will know from the feeling in the camp that this club (if not this season) will be playing a division higher the season after.

He has a great understanding with Joe & Moly (there’s a signature we need on a contract) is clearly enjoying his football under Grant so IF we don’t go up this season (if we do I reckon he’ll sign no question) we need to match any salary a current Lg1 might offer him. Do that & I think we have a chance of him staying a season in this division with us.

Over to the board.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on April 15, 2024, 09:02:07 am by Filo »
Haks will know from the feeling in the camp that this club (if not this season) will be playing a division higher the season after.

He has a great understanding with Joe & Moly (there’s a signature we need on a contract) is clearly enjoying his football under Grant so IF we don’t go up this season (if we do I reckon he’ll sign no question) we need to match any salary a current Lg1 might offer him. Do that & I think we have a chance of him staying a season in this division with us.

Over to the board.

If Taylor goes surely his wages will be enough to get Haks

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 15, 2024, 09:04:28 am by philsky »

Over to the board.

Good shout that. Taylor's a decent guy but it's time to move on.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 15, 2024, 11:08:06 am by Campsall rover »

Over to the board.
We wouldn’t be able to match some League 1 clubs salaries.
If either of Portsmouth, Derby, Bolton, Barnsley and maybe a couple of others Charlton being one possibly are in League 1 next season.
Fortunately 2 or 3 of those clubs maybe getting promoted.

Then we have the clubs coming down from the Championship.  2 of them we wouldn’t be able to compete with I suspect. 

Any way if he is really happy at Rovers he might decide to do what’s best for his career and not his pocket.
Well we can hope.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 15, 2024, 11:16:18 am by Campsall rover »

Over to the board.

His wages might help. I don’t think Taylor is on a much money as some think he is on.
Yes it will be decent but I honestly don’t think it is as much as many think it is.
There will I think have been a clause in their contracts if we got relegated to League 2 their wages would be reduced.
Our board run the club in a financially prudent manor don’t forget unlike many clubs I don’t need to name.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 15, 2024, 11:58:49 am by GazLaz »

Over to the board.

His wages might help. I don’t think Taylor is on a much money as some think he is on.
Yes it will be decent but I honestly don’t think it is as much as many think it is.
There will I think have been a clause in their contracts if we got relegated to League 2 their wages would be reduced.
Our board run the club in a financially prudent manor don’t forget unlike many clubs I don’t need to name.

You’ve nailed it. He’s not on a lot.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 15, 2024, 02:26:11 pm by Retdon1 »

Over to the board.

In truth no one knows what he’s on outside of the club

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on April 15, 2024, 02:30:13 pm by Pancho Regan »

Over to the board.

In truth no one knows what he’s on outside of the club

Well Gazlaz must have solid proof, because as he said on another thread, he never makes anything up.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 15, 2024, 02:33:46 pm by RoversInSpain »
I would guess Taylor And Rowe’s salary would be pretty meaty to put towards Haks, seaman and Lavery would be a bit more too…

TinyPortal © 2005-2012