Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:20:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Can we do it?  (Read 26993 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Can we do it?
« Reply #120 on March 28, 2024, 09:59:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
However, Camps, we havn’t got Crawley’s run-in. They’ve got 2 very big games after ours!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on March 29, 2024, 05:09:43 pm by belton rover »
I have a number of goals in my head for our run in, to chalk off one by one:
1. Climb above Notts County
2. Climb above Bradford
3. Top half
4. Top 10
5. 7th

One step at a time.
No 1 crossed off.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on March 29, 2024, 05:10:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
PS. The point about there being a lot of teams above us is that it makes it pointless to talk about how many points off the top 7 we are at the moment. Because we haven't just got to overtake the team currently in 7th place. We've also got to overtake the teams currently in 8th, 9th, 10th etc. And even if by some near miracle we DID catch Crawley, that could only happen if they have a dip in form. Which would mean, chances are a few other sides would also catch them.

That's why it makes more sense to look at a likely points target. And when you do that, it is a MUCH harder task for us.

Not to say I won't get a tiny playoff sex tingle if we beat them next week.

I can officially report I've got a little sex tingle.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on March 29, 2024, 05:16:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
PS. The point about there being a lot of teams above us is that it makes it pointless to talk about how many points off the top 7 we are at the moment. Because we haven't just got to overtake the team currently in 7th place. We've also got to overtake the teams currently in 8th, 9th, 10th etc. And even if by some near miracle we DID catch Crawley, that could only happen if they have a dip in form. Which would mean, chances are a few other sides would also catch them.

That's why it makes more sense to look at a likely points target. And when you do that, it is a MUCH harder task for us.

Funny old game. One game at a time and see where it takes us.

The game in hand comes at a time which could be crucial, but we don't want to look that far ahead do we.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on March 29, 2024, 05:42:10 pm by Upton Rover »
Another step closer to the dream

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on March 29, 2024, 06:47:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Model says 7th place points now down to 71.

I'm thinking it might end up a bit lower than that, looking at fixtures.

Wouldn't surprise me if it ended up as low as 69. In which case, a draw or even, perish the thought, a defeat on Tuesday wouldn't be the very end.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on March 29, 2024, 06:52:00 pm by Jonathan »
Still not wanting to talk of the play offs but we’re making things interesting with this run. Huge huge credit to Grant McCann, the staff and all the players, not forgetting the owner for funding the January recruitment that has made such a difference.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on March 29, 2024, 06:53:56 pm by Chris the Rover »
If only we hadn’t been robbed at Salford and thrown 2 points away at Bradford - will unfortunately turn out to be very costly, I think.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on March 29, 2024, 06:56:10 pm by drfcsteve »
Only Walsall and Crawley have played the same games as us in our mini league of playoff contenders, everyone else has played at least one more game.

We still have to play Walsall, Morcombe and Gillingham in the race for 7th above us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on March 29, 2024, 06:57:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If only we hadn’t been robbed at Salford and thrown 2 points away at Bradford - will unfortunately turn out to be very costly, I think.

Or the two not given penalties at Sutton.

Anyway, they've gone so just maybe some things are meant to be.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on March 29, 2024, 07:06:50 pm by Upton Rover »
Tuesday night is the biggest game for us this season, without a shadow of a doubt. A draw would be average, a loss and our dream is over, a win and everyone’s got to start dreaming

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on March 29, 2024, 07:19:40 pm by dickos1 »
Those first 8 games are what’s cost us. Even if we had got one point per game we’d be right up there now

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on March 29, 2024, 07:38:29 pm by steve@dcfd »
7 games left 7 wins a pipe dream but could be achievable . Wrexhams leading goal scorer is in a reach vein of form so Tuesdays game will show if we can achieve the dream.
We are the only team that has won 4 out of the last 5 games
13pts from 15
The next two with 11pts from 15 is Stockport and Barrow
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 07:53:26 pm by steve@dcfd »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on March 29, 2024, 07:53:18 pm by Campsall rover »
We have 24 points from last 11 games
That is league title form and a bit more.
Yes it’s a 46 game season but we have the biggest momentum going into the last month of the season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on March 29, 2024, 08:02:37 pm by scawsby steve »
Those first 8 games are what’s cost us. Even if we had got one point per game we’d be right up there now

Sorry to be pedantic, Dickos; it was 7 games, as we actually won the 8th.

I take your point though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on March 29, 2024, 08:29:20 pm by dickos1 »
If we’d played the two postponed games and won them both we would currently be two points off the playoffs with 5 games to go.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on April 01, 2024, 11:42:09 am by Upton Rover »
Be nice if Stockport, Newport & Harrogate all win today

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on April 01, 2024, 12:06:08 pm by adamtherover »
If we’d played the two postponed games and won them both we would currently be two points off the playoffs with 5 games to go.
better to play then later as we are in a better vain of form now :-)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on April 02, 2024, 10:18:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I've just changed into loose boxers and a Hugh Heffner dressing gown to give me the...ahh...necessary space.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on April 02, 2024, 10:27:54 pm by dknward2 »
Said to some lads at work if we won both these games over Easter we would get playoffs and as of right now I still believe that we will

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on April 02, 2024, 10:31:34 pm by belton rover »
2. Climb above Bradford
3. Top half
4. Top 10
5. 7th

One step at a time.
No 1 crossed off.
No 2 crossed off.

McCammon egg n chips

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on April 02, 2024, 10:50:49 pm by McCammon egg n chips »
Said to some lads at work if we won both these games over Easter we would get playoffs and as of right now I still believe that we will

I've been saying the same and even now I'm still struggling to fully believe it but f**k it let's just enjoy this run while it lasts!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on April 03, 2024, 12:04:11 am by rich1471 »
It would be one hell of a run to finish in 7th place, let's just enjoy the ride while it lasts ,but it does give us hope again after the last 2 seasons

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on April 03, 2024, 09:39:58 am by Upton Rover »
Well my dare to dream is still on, and I’m really optimistic that the last playoff place will between Rovers and Crawley. We got 2 games in hand over a few teams above us, win them and we will be right on the heels of Crawley, the next 2 games are going to be really interesting. Crawley have two very hard games both away to Mansfield and Wrexham. We have Morecambe away then Walsall at Home. Keep this run going and the dream is ever so close. We have all got to get behind the team and and give them the support that this mini run deserves.
Message to the club Now is the time to offer £5 adult tickets for the next home game.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on April 03, 2024, 10:11:48 am by RoversInSpain »
2. Climb above Bradford
3. Top half
4. Top 10
5. 7th

One step at a time.
No 1 crossed off.
No 2 crossed off

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on April 03, 2024, 10:18:12 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well my dare to dream is still on, and I’m really optimistic that the last playoff place will between Rovers and Crawley. We got 2 games in hand over a few teams above us, win them and we will be right on the heels of Crawley, the next 2 games are going to be really interesting. Crawley have two very hard games both away to Mansfield and Wrexham. We have Morecambe away then Walsall at Home. Keep this run going and the dream is ever so close. We have all got to get behind the team and and give them the support that this mini run deserves.
Message to the club Now is the time to offer £5 adult tickets for the next home game.

Last night showed folk will turn up in numbers and pay the going rate, so why short change ourselves? If we want higher status football, the townsfolk should do their bit to contribute.

I totally understand the temptation, but as said before, tickets will have already been sold to both sets of fans, so it's easier said than done.

Should we win Saturday, it will be interesting to see what numbers turn up v Walsall. If some folk turned up because it was Wrexham, then it's a bit disrespectful to both Rovers and Walsall.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on April 03, 2024, 10:28:43 am by Campsall rover »
£10 adult and £5 concession for the last 2 games v Accrington & Barrow if we win our next 2 games v Morecambe & Walsall.
The dream will still be on so that’s what I might be tempted to do

We don’t do the finances though and it’s a balancing act on how much revenue the club may lose.
Yes we want bums on seats to create the atmosphere that is fort sure.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on April 03, 2024, 06:51:20 pm by normal rules »
Tuesday night is the biggest game for us this season, without a shadow of a doubt. A draw would be average, a loss and our dream is over, a win and everyone’s got to start dreaming

Many are already dreaming.
The Morcambe, Walsall and Gills game are huge.
If, and it’s a big if, it goes down to gillingham away for a potential playoff slot, I can see that god forsaken open temporary stand packed.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on April 04, 2024, 05:51:51 am by dickos1 »
I think there's some reality checks needed here.

If we make the playoffs, we'll have had to win something like 42 points from the last 17 games.

That's equivalent to 113 points over a full season.

It's better than even Penney's juggernaut of a team managed in the best spell of form I have ever seen from a Rovers side in Autumn 2003.

We have improved a lot, but we are a long way off being that good.

Do you still think we’re a long way off being that good?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on April 04, 2024, 06:30:11 am by karldew »

Many are already dreaming.
The Morcambe, Walsall and Gills game are huge.
If, and it’s a big if, it goes down to gillingham away for a potential playoff slot, I can see that god forsaken open temporary stand packed.

Not with how many tickets we’ve been given.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012