Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:40:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trouble after the game today . .  (Read 71005 times)

rabjohns

• VSC Member
Re:Trouble after the game today . .
« Reply #90 on August 22, 2009, 11:00:46 pm by rabjohns »
The crap wrote on our OFFICIAL site yesterday will have wound up the more violent element of Middlesborough's supporter's .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on August 22, 2009, 11:08:23 pm by Muttley »
My two penn'orth from somebody who was there...

The old bloke who was lying on the floor  bleeding from his head - he stumbled and fell, yes, there was some argy-bargy at the time which may have contributed to this but at no point was he attacked and definitely not kicked as some are trying to make out. Hope he's OK.

There seems to be a lot of folk on here blaming Rovers fans for all the trouble, but seems to me that Boro were the instigators after the game, together with the lack of any police presence.

End of the day, it was just a bit of bouncing around and a few handbags thrown. fcuk knows what you lot would have made of what happened in the 70's and 80's.

MattyDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on August 22, 2009, 11:09:45 pm by MattyDRFC »
BarryEvans wrote:
MattyDRFC wrote:
http://www.fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=1323358

Here's what i've put on there board.About todays trouble

Quite possibly the gayest thing I have ever read in my life.

Well am sorry.You are entitaled to your opinoins its a free country

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 22, 2009, 11:10:55 pm by BarryEvans »
Muttley wrote:

The old bloke who was lying on the floor  bleeding from his head - he stumbled and fell, yes, there was some argy-bargy at the time which may have contributed to this but at no point was he attacked and definitely not kicked as some are trying to make out. Hope he's OK.

There seems to be a lot of folk on here blaming Rovers fans for all the trouble, but seems to me that Boro were the instigators after the game, together with the lack of any police presence.

End of the day, it was just a bit of bouncing around and a few handbags thrown. fcuk knows what you lot would have nade of what happened in the 70's and 80's.

I cannot believe the overeaction from people to someone winding up opposition fans. f**king ridiculous.

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 22, 2009, 11:14:01 pm by BarryEvans »
MattyDRFC wrote:
BarryEvans wrote:
MattyDRFC wrote:
http://www.fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=1323358

Here's what i've put on there board.About todays trouble

Quite possibly the gayest thing I have ever read in my life.

Well am sorry.You are entitaled to your opinoins its a free country

It was extremely cringing to read.

All that was missing at the end was, 'big hugs'.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on August 22, 2009, 11:19:44 pm by mushRTID »
I agree, you were asking for some of the harsh replies writing that.

Anyway, is there owt on Youtube yet?

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 22, 2009, 11:24:22 pm by BarryEvans »
mushRTID wrote:
I agree, you were asking for some of the harsh replies writing that.

Anyway, is there owt on Youtube yet?

Not that I can find, I am a horrible person.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 22, 2009, 11:25:30 pm by hoolahoop »
rabjohns wrote:
The crap wrote on our OFFICIAL site yesterday will have wound up the more violent element of Middlesborough's supporter's .

Rabjohns, that's a load of bollox and you know it, the same comments could be made about any industrial town including our own.  :blink:

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 22, 2009, 11:29:34 pm by Rios »
Muttley wrote:

End of the day, it was just a bit of bouncing around and a few handbags thrown. fcuk knows what you lot would have made of what happened in the 70's and 80's.

From where I was stood the \"argy-bargy\" was happening on top of this guy when he went down.  But if he didn't get kicked then I'm happy enough to say I was wrong.

LC-Rover

« Reply #99 on August 22, 2009, 11:53:15 pm by LC-Rover »
im with barry on this i think some people need to lighten up tbf !
different people making different shit up!
no one was seriously injured i personally thought today was one of the best away games purely based on banter and a bit of a heated affair at the end , as long as no one gets hurt thats how it should be in my opinion  B)

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 23, 2009, 12:58:58 am by redwine »
ohh dear rovers ron, I think you need to look back at the posts by jb.

She did say that whether they were rovers or boro fans then the book should be thrown at them.

I hope to see you down the Keepmoat on Wednesday, I'll be the one wearing a suit and footie boots all the better to volley a visting suppoters head into the top corner.  :)  :laugh:  :cheer:

Personally I'm in favour of the club administering female hormones to calm some of our more testosterone charged fans down. Lets face it, some act like tits, no reason for them not to look like tits too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albert Jenkins

« Reply #101 on August 23, 2009, 01:47:38 am by Albert Jenkins »
Muttley wrote:

I remember the massive over-reaction when half a dozen Millwall fans shifted a few seats down at the opening day of the season at the KMS a few years ago.

There are some proper soft bas**rds on here I tell thee.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on August 23, 2009, 04:04:50 am by Nudga »
Albert Jenkins wrote:
Muttley wrote:

I remember the massive over-reaction when half a dozen Millwall fans shifted a few seats down at the opening day of the season at the KMS a few years ago.

There are some proper soft bas**rds on here I tell thee.

Any one remember Darlo turning up in't popside in early nineties? only about 8/9 of em but started singing Darlo songs just as ref blew for kick off at 15:00, by 15:02 they were being kicked down the steps and frog marched out the ground by our own fans. Great days.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on August 23, 2009, 09:00:02 am by duggiesmyhero »
Yesterdays trouble was handbags at  10 paces compared to the 80's,Anyone remember sheff utd at home 82/83 season won 2-0 there was fighting all over the ground, oh the good old days

Jonathan

« Reply #104 on August 23, 2009, 09:24:34 am by Jonathan »
In true Arsene Wenger style I didn't see it (we left the ground a minute or so before the whistle as needed to be back in Donny as early as possible) but I think a lot of people on here are quick to blame our own fans and I don't understand the mentality behind that. From what I saw during the game there was a bit of banter between the two sets of fans but nothing untoward, if anything it probably added to the atmosphere. I've no idea what caused the kid to be thrown out but the way the stewards dealt with it seemed over zealous and in no way helped the situation. He was only a kid and the way the steward pushed him down the stairs with his hand around his neck was not required. It looked like an abuse of power to me.

As for the events after the game, I can only go on what I've been told and that is that a Boro fan threw a punch at a Rovers fan by the coaches which started it all off. Apparently there was then a bit of a stand off with families and children caught in the middle of it. I know a lad that was in our group was hit on the head by a coin which drew blood. Sounds like the Boro fans were no angels themselevs so to simply blame the Rovers fans is a bit unfair. We have a good record of behaviour at games home and away, and knowing a few of the lads that have been involved in the 'firm' as I do, it would not be like them to instigate trouble at the stadium infront of families and children. I'd be inclined to say that it was a bit of harmless banter that got out of hand and that Rovers part in any trouble was very much reactive, not pro-active.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on August 23, 2009, 11:12:26 am by podrover73 »
I was sat behind the goal and to the side of the trouble.

Six or seven guys near to me (who I had not seen before at Rovers games) aged 50+ were discussing the time they went on the pitch at Ayresome Park in the 70's to take on the Boro lads.
As the trouble was kicking off in the corner these knobs got up and decided to relive their youth and moved to the troublesome area.

They need to look at themselves

opinionated old git

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on August 23, 2009, 12:21:17 pm by opinionated old git »
The actions of the stewards yesterday are what changed the atmosphere. Up to them kicking out the guy in the suit the banter was all pretty good natured usual stuff. A lot of our fans took that quite badly and from then on there was always a real good chance of it kicking off.
As for out side the ground afterwards I was in the middle of it all and I can confirm that the guy on the floor did NOT get kicked while he was down. In fact both sets of fans backed off for a while while he was tended to and a few peace makers tried to calm the situation.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on August 23, 2009, 12:34:47 pm by Nudga »
opinionated old git wrote:
The actions of the stewards yesterday are what changed the atmosphere. Up to them kicking out the guy in the suit the banter was all pretty good natured usual stuff. A lot of our fans took that quite badly and from then on there was always a real good chance of it kicking off.
As for out side the ground afterwards I was in the middle of it all and I can confirm that the guy on the floor did NOT get kicked while he was down. In fact both sets of fans backed off for a while while he was tended to and a few peace makers tried to calm the situation.

I remember Sheff UTD stewards last season being heavy handed with the chav Blade in the white tracky top. Most times it's the stewards who incite crowd trouble. If they let the fans have banter, 99% of the time nothing would come of it but in this day and age we cannot fart without up setting someone. Same old same old, this country has gone too f**kin soft.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 23, 2009, 12:44:46 pm by Pintolager »
Nudga wrote:

I remember Sheff UTD stewards last season being heavy handed with the chav Blade in the white tracky top. Most times it's the stewards who incite crowd trouble. If they let the fans have banter, 99% of the time nothing would come of it but in this day and age we cannot fart without up setting someone. Same old same old, this country has gone too fcukin soft.

Your last sentence sums up for me why some people have overreacted to the incidents yesterday when they blame Rovers fans for what happened. This country is getting so caught up with the PC brigade. We won't even be able to sing in grounds in years to come!

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on August 23, 2009, 12:51:30 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Here . .

I've found this on Youtube ,

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKX72fxVwDw[/video]

- -

The quality of the video is absolutely rubbish , pointless to watch it , cant make out a thing .

Mangaged to get out of the ground about 10 minutes after the final whistle and was making my way to the coach (COACH 2) and as i was walking to the coach i heard chanting and the chant of \"DDR\", i went to see what was going going off and i saw a Rovers fan wearing a white going out shirt with blood all over him and his nose and ears were pouring with blood, boths sets of fans started coin throwing and bottle throwing then the Boro fans chanted \"You'll Never Take The Boro\", a few of the metal fences were knocked down and both sets of fans tryed running in on each other and as this started to happen two large police horses came into the middle and the Boro fans backed off, pretty frightening stuff and it isnt a pleasing sight to see any human sparko on the floor and covered in blood, what frightened me the most was the Boro fans could have easily walked round and trapped 'US ROVERS FANS' inside the coach car park and then things would have really got bad, suprised aswell that no damage to the coaches were made.

R.T.I.D

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 23, 2009, 01:05:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
Well, for my part, I got wrapped up in the activities outside the ground, through no fault of my own - I was simply trying to get on my bus. There were some right 'heavies' from Boro, just smacking anyone who got within arm swinging range, including a guy carrying his 8 year old son away from the danger area. Anyone got it - no prisoners. If this is what's called 'policing' at football matches, then I'm glad I don't work for the police. It was difficult to know whether you were safer on the bus, or off it - I took the 'off it' route, as did most of our bus.

We're not talking about bits of kids here either - most of them ran a mile when they could see what they were up against. The Boro heavies were guys in their late 20's up to (I would have to guess) late 40's. And they were big lads/men and all spoiling for a right set-to. I'd guess most of them were high on something as they were all wide eyed and pumped up.

It must have taken a good 15-20 minutes for any police to arrive and when they did (on horseback) they scattered the Boro fans all over the place. It was then all over. The stewards stood back and watched, in the main - big hard men that they were! It seemed to kick off outside because the Boro 'fans' were smacking anyone who tried to get on the first bus in the line of busses outside (ours was 2nd in line fortunately). It was utter chaos (as these things usually are) and I have to say, although the stewards tried to keep the different factions apart, they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Not good and there ought to be serious repurcussions on Middlesborough for this. Little or no protection for innocent fans - other then to take the option of keeping well away - is not really on. From what I saw, the Doncaster fans retaliated, rather than started anything - some lads taking to holding a metal barrier in place so that people could get on their bus without being assaulted.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on August 23, 2009, 01:11:46 pm by Muttley »
Alan Southstand wrote:
I'd guess most of them were high on something as they were all wide eyed and pumped up.

Think there's a job going at the Daily Mail that'd be right up your street.

Other than that a fair assessment of what went on.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on August 23, 2009, 01:29:00 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
roversron wrote:
Some people on here talk absolute b*llocks. I was there today was in the thick of everything that happened after the match and can tell you what you need to know. With the greatest of respect jucy  you were not there and no matter how many fans you have on here and how much sh*t i will get for saying this a boro guy who was older than most did go down but nobody laid into him after that happened so i suggest if youdid not see the incident then keep ypur opinions to yourself.

Boro fans were being absolute willys, they instigated everything today Doncaster were only looking after themselves outside the ground. If you look inside the stewards were only interested in throwing Donny out. How many boro were ejected today?

I will not condone what happened putside after the game but in the same breath I will not say rovers fans started it.

Your like a bloody playground child. \"Miss! I didnt start it - it was him\"

Whether Rovers or Boro, whoever threw a punch, kicked someone, whatever, is as guilty as anyone else. Any grown adult using their fists or feet to settle differences are nothing short of animals, and dont deserve the title of human beings. Ridiculous.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on August 23, 2009, 01:48:49 pm by redbrez »
wouldn't blame anyone for the trouble apart from outside where was the police? and for fans saying the rovers fans causing the trouble are faces that they have never seen before is crap i don't make many away games but i recognised most of the faces and just because they had no shirts on don't make them any worse a fan than them with shirts on ,these same fans i saw at the wolves game and caused no bother.those fans at the front holding back the boro or even fighting with the boro may get a bad name but what if they weren't holding back the boro fans and they came running into the middle of the rovers lot with kids and the elderly.i don't condone football violence but i wont slag of our own fans i think in a sick way iam glad these ddr boys were their it could of been worse if they weren't their but just imo. what made me laugh was the amount of fans just standing back and watching me included for a while,and most around my age thinking not getting involved but if they come over to where we are it will be a case of lets get ready to rumble..
i was with my lad who is nine and i thought this might put him off but he enjoyed it in a sick way and thought it was cool when the police horses dispersed the boro fans.

Master Katesby

« Reply #114 on August 23, 2009, 02:46:36 pm by Master Katesby »
Doctor Browns pub before the game was where it all kicked off. Loads of rovers singing then muppets from Boro decided to come in.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on August 23, 2009, 02:58:35 pm by graingrover »
The beautiful side of the last 10 years has been our trips to the Conference grounds where you could enjoy the day . If this is what it is going to be now I am out! I think that rather than just state an apology for lack of editorial control Steve Uttley and the club should make a substantail gesture to a Middlesboro choosen charity .It is unthinkable to allow an official FC site to publish such inflammatory stuff. Sure the hooligans have no excuses to behave badly but if we  give them one then we are as stupid as they are criminal.
 Football clubs have a responsibility in society whether they care to accept it or not.

MattyDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on August 23, 2009, 05:21:54 pm by MattyDRFC »
Master Katesby wrote:
Doctor Browns pub before the game was where it all kicked off. Loads of rovers singing then muppets from Boro decided to come in.
I heard bout that couple of lads who was on our coach went in there.Apprantley someone got bottled in there didn't they?

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on August 23, 2009, 05:26:58 pm by BarryEvans »
Pintolager wrote:
Nudga wrote:

I remember Sheff UTD stewards last season being heavy handed with the chav Blade in the white tracky top. Most times it's the stewards who incite crowd trouble. If they let the fans have banter, 99% of the time nothing would come of it but in this day and age we cannot fart without up setting someone. Same old same old, this country has gone too fcukin soft.

Your last sentence sums up for me why some people have overreacted to the incidents yesterday when they blame Rovers fans for what happened. This country is getting so caught up with the PC brigade. We won't even be able to sing in grounds in years to come!

I agree, it is f**king pathetic, people are having a go at that lad for opening a jacket and taking one step forward? I don't give a f**k if he was flagging them off all game and shaking his fist. Whole country has turned into a right set of moaning mincers.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 23, 2009, 05:30:55 pm by Pintolager »
I was in Dr Brown's before KO and as I have said in another thread, there was a good atmosphere by Rovers fans, but I did see a group of Police officers go in there when said Rovers group were singing at them, but I just assumed it was to calm things down a bit...as I didn't see them walking out with anyone.

I did walk to the ground a minute after the Police went back into their van, so don't know what happened after about 2.15

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on August 23, 2009, 05:33:00 pm by BarryEvans »
Alan Southstand wrote:
Well, for my part, I got wrapped up in the activities outside the ground, through no fault of my own - I was simply trying to get on my bus. There were some right 'heavies' from Boro, just smacking anyone who got within arm swinging range, including a guy carrying his 8 year old son away from the danger area. Anyone got it - no prisoners. If this is what's called 'policing' at football matches, then I'm glad I don't work for the police. It was difficult to know whether you were safer on the bus, or off it - I took the 'off it' route, as did most of our bus.

We're not talking about bits of kids here either - most of them ran a mile when they could see what they were up against. The Boro heavies were guys in their late 20's up to (I would have to guess) late 40's. And they were big lads/men and all spoiling for a right set-to. I'd guess most of them were high on something as they were all wide eyed and pumped up.

It must have taken a good 15-20 minutes for any police to arrive and when they did (on horseback) they scattered the Boro fans all over the place. It was then all over. The stewards stood back and watched, in the main - big hard men that they were! It seemed to kick off outside because the Boro 'fans' were smacking anyone who tried to get on the first bus in the line of busses outside (ours was 2nd in line fortunately). It was utter chaos (as these things usually are) and I have to say, although the stewards tried to keep the different factions apart, they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Not good and there ought to be serious repurcussions on Middlesborough for this. Little or no protection for innocent fans - other then to take the option of keeping well away - is not really on. From what I saw, the Doncaster fans retaliated, rather than started anything - some lads taking to holding a metal barrier in place so that people could get on their bus without being assaulted.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012